• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

VagabondJambo

Clare had a very good first half.

Apart from not scoring a second goal, the first half TEAM performance was good (so long as it went nowhere near Berra).

The right side (Hickey, Clare, Mulraney, with Meshino always eager for the ball) was working really well.

Then . . . when they come out for the second half, Clare had been moved over to the left side - not even forward left.  WHY?  From that moment on, there was no threat from the right side, and the whole organisation of the team was a mess.

Clare needs to play in the role he played the first half.  I think he and Meshino will link up well.

He's probably been our best player in the two home games to date 

There is still more to come from him no doubt about it . Needs a boot up the arse to up his workrate and he's not far way imo . 

Mr Brightside
3 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Clare had a very good first half.

Apart from not scoring a second goal, the first half TEAM performance was good (so long as it went nowhere near Berra).

The right side (Hickey, Clare, Mulraney, with Meshino always eager for the ball) was working really well.

Then . . . when they come out for the second half, Clare had been moved over to the left side - not even forward left.  WHY?  From that moment on, there was no threat from the right side, and the whole organisation of the team was a mess.

Clare needs to play in the role he played the first half.  I think he and Meshino will link up well.

Clare got moved as soon as Meshino came on and got moved again when Naismith came on.

Overall Clare done well but needs to play to this level and higher each week.

Considering the whole team went missing second half, it’s unfair to single him out.

Good first half, good goal.

Not enough thereafter.

Best player on the park today by a distance. Absolutely ridiculous the abuse he gets singled out for. Some people actually seemed gutted that he had scored

12 minutes ago, Miko said:

Best player on the park today by a distance. Absolutely ridiculous the abuse he gets singled out for. Some people actually seemed gutted that he had scored

Best player on the park in the first half ....then as usual disappeared!

As for your last comment - MEH! 😏

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

...and this is our problem. I don't rate Clare, however we have too many players that feel they can play for a part of the game and that's it!!

Winning teams have a side and players that play for 90 mins +  this squad isn't bad compared to the rest outside the bum cheeks, but the management team must take a lot of the blame for not sending them out organised and with attitude

been here before

Just because its now traditional to do the Clare thread after the game...

I thought he had one of his better games today taking his goal well. Might have cintributed to another if he'd looked up during the first half and saw Hickey standing in acres of space by the touchline but decided to go himself.

I think its the first time Ive ever saw him put a winning tackle in too.

Unfortunately could have done a lot more if he hadnt vanished in the 2nd half.

Id give him pass marks for today.

Didn't hide and deserves credit for that. 

The defence lost us the game (I know we drew but such this is absolutely points dropped). Washington needs to be more clinical in front of goal too. 

Just now, OTT said:

Didn't hide and deserves credit for that. 

The defence lost us the game (I know we drew but such this is absolutely points dropped). Washington needs to be more clinical in front of goal too. 

Tbf to Washington he was denied a very good goal by an absolutely incredible save

One of our best 3 players today. Yes, he could have been stronger in the challenge for the 2nd goal but where did Berra go? He left his man who scored the goal.

Clare does not deserve criticism today. 

27 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He was our best player in the second half as well. The issue is just that the bar was very very low. 

The team as a whole (Berra aside who is utterly dreadful) is actually full of good players. They are just being managed by a man who would struggle to win at tiddleywinks against a chicken

Edited by Miko

Jambosteve1902

Sorry but i felt this was needed after weeks of defending the guy in threads so we now see what he offers? Hes the only guy who runs behind. Goes beyond forwards and i thought he was superb last night he made few good tackles too annoys me his threads so quiet no one ever gives him recognition 

Stephen Muddie

I'm beginning to think that the main reason the majority even post on here is to get at other Hearts fans. Pathetic.

I'll add some on-topic content:

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day; Sean Clare played one of his best games in maroon today; Being right or wrong on the internet is wholly insignificant.

Has no positional awareness, lets players run off him all day. Has good energy and I’m sure can be a cracking player but doesn’t look arsed half the time. 

On 28/08/2019 at 21:20, Smith's right boot said:

On contraire....

By completely ignoring the subject matter and personally attacking me, you have proven to everyone that not only do you lack intelligence, but also balance and grace. 

Ironically, in ignoring the subject matter and attacking me you also come across as not only weak- as you accuse me, but also cowardly. 

Base on your response I give you no benefit of the doubt. I fully expect the above to reflect your personality and not only in football matters, but thanks, anyway for affording me the courtesy. 

I apologise, reading back it really does come across as personal and regardless of your personal opinion on Sean Clare and delighting in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup I shouldn't have posted what I did. I'm sorry.

I’ve said it before, but I think he upsets the balance of our team.

First ten games of last season we won 8, drew one and lost one. Clare had one sub appearance.

He then starts against Hibs at home and is pretty much an ever present for the rest of the season and we only win 7 out of the next 28 games.

Now I’m not blaming him, as I know we had injuries, however, I just don’t think he fits into our team.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Renault said:

I apologise, reading back it really does come across as personal and regardless of your personal opinion on Sean Clare and delighting in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup I shouldn't have posted what I did. I'm sorry.

Appoligie accepted. 

However, don't lie, At no point--ever have I been delighted in hibs winning anything. Ever. You made that up. You are are a liar. 

You need to ask yourself, why? 

Why lie? 

So in summary, as well as well as showing a lack of intelligence, balance, grace (as I rightly pointed out before, and you appoligised for)and being cowardly, you are now a liar and insincere. 

You really aren't showing yourself in a great light. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Cool. Thats not what I was talking about though.

Ah, it is coz I am a Hibee right?

been here before
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Ah, it is coz I am a Hibee right?

No its because as we have established more than once you do not support this club in any way. You may be a fan, but you're not a supporter. Thats your choice.

You're not one of "us" - you could be, but you choose not to be.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

No its because as we have established more than once you do not support this club in any way. You may be a fan, but you're not a supporter. Thats your choice.

You're not one of "us" - you could be, but you choose not to be.

I will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be an 'us' with Hearts. I hurt like actual **** right now. My fee.9

been here before
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be an 'us' with Hearts. I hurt like actual **** right now. My fee.9

Cool story but the fact is you offer nothing and contribute nothing. You have voluntarily withdrawn any type of support for the club.

A fan perhaps but not, through your own chosing, a supporter in any way, shape or form.

You are as far removed from being one of 'us' as a Hearts supporter as its possible to be.

And certainly not one of "us" who whilst we may not agree with certain aspects, continue to give our support to the team,  not to the manager, not to the board but to Heart of Midlothian.

Folk pinning the second goal on Clare 😂😂😂.  The boy that scored still had to stroll past 3 defenders and Doyle didn’t move on his goal line.  I’d rather see a midfielder lose the ball in the middle of the park trying to do something positive for the team than see a bunch of defenders struggle with the basics - just a personal preference of mine.

I haven't seen that 2nd goal back yet but the way folk are going on about it I assume Clare THE IMPOSTER blocked off all our defenders that the boy strolled past before the other boy found 10 yards of space to tuck it away. 

33 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Folk pinning the second goal on Clare 😂😂😂.  The boy that scored still had to stroll past 3 defenders and Doyle didn’t move on his goal line.  I’d rather see a midfielder lose the ball in the middle of the park trying to do something positive for the team than see a bunch of defenders struggle with the basics - just a personal preference of mine.

The ball wasn’t lost in the middle of park 

Hamilton played a long cross field pass and Clare had no positional sense to defend it properly 

A lot of folk saying what a good game he had yesterday  which some of the statements I do agree But to be an all round descent player you have to be willing to work hard all over the park 

Like every good Jambo I’m desperate to see Sean up his game and perform well on a regular basis but-to achieve this HE MUST WORK HARDER 

43 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I haven't seen that 2nd goal back yet but the way folk are going on about it I assume Clare THE IMPOSTER blocked off all our defenders that the boy strolled past before the other boy found 10 yards of space to tuck it away. 

Nailed it 👍

22 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

The ball wasn’t lost in the middle of park 

Hamilton played a long cross field pass and Clare had no positional sense to defend it properly 

A lot of folk saying what a good game he had yesterday  which some of the statements I do agree But to be an all round descent player you have to be willing to work hard all over the park 

Like every good Jambo I’m desperate to see Sean up his game and perform well on a regular basis but-to achieve this HE MUST WORK HARDER 

His work rate was spot on yesterday.  Covered more ground than any other Hearts player and was effectively playing two positions after Meshino came on.  As I said in another thread, he was winning tackles that everyone else (Mulraney and White were the worst) was pussying out of.  Great work for the goal and had a similar chance minutes earlier by the working hard to get into an advanced position.  Also won us a free kick outside the box by running 50 yards with the ball and beating three/four players in the process.  Along with Whelan, he’s the only player that showed up yesterday.  He tried to make things happen and that’s good enough for me in a team currently devoid of attacking prowess.  

A good manager would work wonders with this lad (and a few others for that matter).

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He was weak as pish water with his challenge and virtually ushered the guy in.

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Clare was decent for about an hour today. The game lacked any intensity which suited Clare to a tee.

Suspect this is closest to the truth. I think an hour is generous.

Hope he continues to "show" improvement next week.

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Suspect this is closest to the truth. I think an hour is generous.

Hope he continues to "show" improvement next week.

Spot on 👍

jambo-in-furness

IMO Sean Clair is by far our best and most skilful player, whether he is suited to the Scottish style of play is another matter.

Enjoy and appreciate him while he’s here,  He is bound for a higher level than the Scottish premier league.

22 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Clare is a great player just needs a break....and one support from the fans!

Sorry. Hes utter dugshit!

47 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

IMO Sean Clair is by far our best and most skilful player, whether he is suited to the Scottish style of play is another matter.

Enjoy and appreciate him while he’s here,  He is bound for a higher level than the Scottish premier league.

Agreed

None of our players are playing to their potential. Not one. 

A different manager may see Clare becoming incredible. He may also continue to only show flashes.

To write any of our players off with our current managerial set up would be unfair though.

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry. Hes utter dugshit!

I paid particular attention to him yesterday.

He does nowhere near enough .

Hamilton's second goal his defending the long ball was shocking .

There is not just with him btw a shocking lack of work ethic from the team.

He had some half decent phases of play but still falls well short.

Just thought I'd beef out your description.

🙂