• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Romulus

• wattie exploited

• Cruyff Turn

1 minute ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Revolving door of Tynecastle continues. Not sure why we let players go without fees so often.

Yeah I know.  Boooooooo.  F*****g booooooo!  I demand a sliding door, perhaps French windows.

Good luck, Olly.  Thanks for the Hibs goal and the semi final display

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Revolving door of Tynecastle continues. Not sure why we let players go without fees so often.

He's still got two years left on his contact so I'd imagine a loan might suit all as we'd obviously not cancel his contact and Gillingham might not be able to afford a fee.

If they cover most of his wages then we should be able to replace him no doubt.

Clearly had a disagreement with CL and off he goes. One player who I felt could make something happen in games. 

Good luck olly. 

Just now, TheBigO said:

Yeah I know.  Boooooooo.  F*****g booooooo!  I demand a sliding door, perhaps French windows.

Good luck, Olly.  Thanks for the Hibs goal and the semi final display

Really weird comment.

Was highlighting the fact that the squad changes a bit too frequently in my opinion and we really don't put up much of a fight when it comes to offloading players for cash.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Let him go with a 50% sell on fee, get him off the wage bill and use his wages to sign Skinny.

If only :(

6 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Because we want them to leave and this of greater use than the £30,000 we’d maybe get for Lee.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Clearly had a disagreement with CL and off he goes. One player who I felt could make something happen in games. 

Good luck olly. 

He hasnt his family cant settle its been made clear for a while.

And i thought he generally contributed little apart from the occasional delivery of a dead ball but all about opinions.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Mort said:

Really weird comment.

Was highlighting the fact that the squad changes a bit too frequently in my opinion and we really don't put up much of a fight when it comes to offloading players for cash.

And everything n here has to have a negative edge, right.  I don't tend to get involved.

Thing is though, every team in the world signs players with all levels of success rate.  Teams in our market tend to have a massive turnover of players every year.  Look at the other comings and goings at other Scottish clubs and many lower div English too.

Not getting dosh for players... well who wanted to pay for Olly?  So should we keep someone who doesn't want to be here, who we don't particularly want and continue to pay him?

Happens to bigger and apparently cleverer clubs than us.  Look at Sanchez, look at Bale, look at Courtois, Koscielny. 

Not everything is the clubs fault.  And also we've done OK at getting fees for players.  Guys like Rossi & Sow, we did amazingly to get good deals for. 

These are football problems, not Hearts problems.

Olly is gone, we have Whelan and Damour.  It's good business.

10 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

He didn't cost us anything and gets him off the wage bill. Makes sense. Not a big fan of him, although I think he's better than Clare. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Because we want them to leave and this of greater use than the £30,000 we’d maybe get for Lee.

Given he played 41 times last year, scoring 6 goals and provided 12 assists, it seems strange that we suddenly just want rid of him for no fee. 

Sexton Hardcastle
13 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Because that’s how football at this level works. It’s not hard to get your head round.

The usual idiots spouting their bile on social media as per.

”wheRz the muny fur LeE. GTF leveIn !!11

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Good luck olly. 

Looking too much into it. It's not clear at all.

Dalstonjambo
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Good luck olly. 

Anything to suggest this? I thought it was pretty common knowledge the family (primarily his wife) hadn't settled? And we weren't standing in his way.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And everything n here has to have a negative edge, right.  I don't tend to get involved.

Thing is though, every team in the world signs players with all levels of success rate.  Teams in our market tend to have a massive turnover of players every year.  Look at the other comings and goings at other Scottish clubs and many lower div English too.

Not getting dosh for players... well who wanted to pay for Olly?  So should we keep someone who doesn't want to be here, who we don't particularly want and continue to pay him?

Happens to bigger and apparently cleverer clubs than us.  Look at Sanchez, look at Bale, look at Courtois, Koscielny. 

Not everything is the clubs fault.  And also we've done OK at getting fees for players.  Guys like Rossi & Sow, we did amazingly to get good deals for. 

These are football problems, not Hearts problems.

Olly is gone, we have Whelan and Damour.  It's good business.

Fair enough. 👍

Personally feel the turnover of the squad is slightly alarming but that's what i was alluding to.

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Given he played 41 times last year, scoring 6 goals and provided 12 assists, it seems strange that we suddenly just want rid of him for no fee. 

He's not good enough for a fee. We have better options now and both Lee and hearts will be happy about the move. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Anything to suggest this? I thought it was pretty common knowledge the family (primarily his wife) hadn't settled? And we weren't standing in his way.

They had a fall out about game time and him getting dropped. This was before his injury... Source - the horses mouth

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Because that’s how football at this level works. It’s not hard to get your head round.

The usual idiots spouting their bile on social media as per.

”wheRz the muny fur LeE. GTF leveIn !!11

Mature response. 

Felt we could have got a fee for someone who contributed a decent goals/assists ratio last year. Not sure what "bile" you are referring to.

Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

They had a fall out about game time and him getting dropped. This was before his injury... Source - the horses mouth

Fair enough - wasn't aware of it and hadn't heard anything, but a lot about the family stuff. Fair enough. As someone that lives down here, i find it quite amusing that she is home sick whilst in Edinburgh, and moving to Gillingham will solve it. Not many nice areas round there. 

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

And i thought he generally contributed little apart from the occasional delivery of a dead ball but all about opinions.

This but don't let facts get in the way of the agenda

Good luck to him. We'll miss his set piece delivery but I think we now have better all round players in midfield than what he offers. 

5 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

He's not good enough for a fee. We have better options now and both Lee and hearts will be happy about the move. 

Fair enough, it remains to be seen if we have better options. I would certainly argue he's miles better than Bozanic.

21 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

If he's going out on loan we aren't letting him go without a fee though? He's still under contract with us for next season so if he performs well at Gillingham this season we could quite reasonably ask them to pony up to sign him permanently or some other team may become interested. 

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What £30k?

He has been available for months now and, apart from Southend, no one seems to have been willing to pay £30  for him, let alone £30k.

Can you back up your cynicism with links  to your £30k or  do you agree you post negative tripe.

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Mature response. 

Felt we could have got a fee for someone who contributed a decent goals/assists ratio last year. Not sure what "bile" you are referring to.

Did he though? The fact he wasn’t getting game time shows he’s not maybe at this level and lower league England suits him.

His derby winner won me a small fortune so I’ll wish him the best.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Not a fan then, :lol: good luck to him at his new club.

He had the odd good performance here and there but felt he was a passenger most of the time.

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Did he though? The fact he wasn’t getting game time shows he’s not maybe at this level and lower league England suits him.

His derby winner won me a small fortune so I’ll wish him the best.

I think 6 goals and 12 assists is a good return for a CM. I would be delighted if anyone gets more than 12 assists this year from any position.

Not meaning to go back and forth debating on the topic, just feel he had more to contribute this year so slightly sad to see him go.

23 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

He actually has had a row. 

He mouthed off about Levein at a player/fan function and didn't hold back. 

Obviously Levein got to hear about it through the grapevine

Not the best, not the worst.  Certainly not the standard we're hoping or aiming for.

Good luck, and thanks for a great goal at Easter Rd. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

He had the odd good performance here and there but felt he was a passenger most of the time.

I thought he was a tad slow bud, anyway, onwards and upwards.

Lets get a win on saturday.

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Means we don't get to hear that song ever again. 

Excellent. 

A popular, positive, song about a player that the majority of the fans enjoyed singing?

Yeah,. who needs that?

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Mort said:

We do want a fee for him, that’s why we haven’t just released him. Nobody wants to pay a fee for him.

The Apprentice

A player is only worth whatever a team is willing to pay for them, and that applies at all levels. We appear to be fairly easy to deal with in terms of letting players go if they don’t want to be here so the fact no one has stumped up with whatever fee we’d be demanding is telling.

As someone has pointed out above Lee is under contract for another 2 years, so hopefully he does well at Gillingham next season and attracts interest from a number of clubs so we can perhaps gain a decent return. One things for sure I don’t think we’ll see him in a Hearts top again.

41 minutes ago, Mort said:

Really weird comment.

You’ve a point.  While I accept many factors can influence whether a player is successful or not, we’ve struggled to settle the bulk of a squad over the last while to enable work at improving and finding a groove.  

This can certainly point to poor recruitment. If players aren’t good enough then there’s only one thing you can do though and this brings the cycle of too many changes. 

Hopefully hit the jackpot soon. 

Good luck to him.  Wanted him to be so good but he plays at snail's pace and slowed us down even more if that is possible. Southend were not even paying all his wages so we could still be paying him during this deal as all

47 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Maybe they can't afford a fee? At least he'll be off the wage bill.