Sean Clare.

Whatever

Clare hid. You’ve just been hooked in a derby and dropped for the following match. When you get half an hour you should be bursting a gut. Come off soaking in sweat. Instead he hid, was making lazy tackles, didn’t show and Uche was doing his job as well as his own. If Zlamal needs dropped for a sustained period of time to boost his confidence then Clare shouldn’t be seen until next year at least. Woeful. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

Clark Griswold

Just after he came on he looked sharp and was actually trying to win the ball back. 5 mins later he reverted to same old. Can’t carry passengers I’m afraid, especially when we’re in a rut like we have been. 

Waste of a jersey and has been for months. Even tonight trotted about most of the time with no urgency and was pointing at opposition players instead of marking them even although he was closest and doing nothing else worthwhile!

Get the feeling he is a “confidence” player and that would appear to be seriously lacking.

With players returning from injury it may be an idea to put him out on loan come January unless there’s a big improvement in the meantime.

Actually didn’t think he did too bad this evening when he came on. Sat a bit deep as had McLean who he replaced but Keena was up with Uche so that makes sense. Don’t recall him shirking any tackles and got a decent shot away on his left near end. Wish he’d use his pace a bit more because I recon along with Mulroney he’s the quickest in team. 

The booing  when he came on is utter cringe. 

The booing is awful. 

Was nice to see him win some tackles but i was, as usual, hoping for more from him. Disappointing. 

A wee rest from the first team even just for a week or 2 could do everyone some good, including him I think. 

6 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Actually didn’t think he did too bad this evening when he came on. Sat a bit deep as had McLean who he replaced but Keena was up with Uche so that makes sense. Don’t recall him shirking any tackles and got a decent shot away on his left near end. Wish he’d use his pace a bit more because I recon along with Mulroney he’s the quickest in team. 

I agree with the booing. Awful patter. But mon tae ****. He was abysmal. Keena equally abysmal. In fact, the three subs were howling. 

Clare won the flick on that lead to Mulraney’s cross for the Halkett goal, folk must’ve missed that. He also won his fair share of sliding tackles. Only mistake he made was when he thought the Aberdeen cross had went out so let it bounce in our box.  He may have looked lost to some due to the fact that for a ten minute spell, near the end, no one had a clue where they were playing. We went all in for the equaliser and then had no clue who was playing where. We didn’t look settled in a shape till we subbed Morrison back off and went back into 4 at the back. Crazy night, a great night and a great performance. Again tho, everyone quick to jump on the Clare bandwagon. Talk me through Berra’s performance tonight, Cosgrove bullied him and his distribution was abysmal. Keena had a shocker. Hickey had a few dodgey moments as did Smith. Meshino ran out of ideas combined with Aberdeen sussing how to play him. All Sean Clare’s fault tho. 

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

It's ****ing disgraceful.

wattie exploited

clare looks like his confidence is pretty low  he seemed  scared  to make a pass more than a couple of yards but he made a couple of good tackles ! Kenna was worse than him and Morrison was terrible cant do his confidence being a sub then getting subbed yourself !!!!

best in the land

Empty jersey, should be nowhere near even the bench. Get rid asap.

I was like giving Aberdeen an advantage when he came on. 

Dont see much point in keena either 

I thought he was dreadful when he came on. Youd think he would be out to make a point but tried to avoid being involved. One point where we had the ball out on the right, there was a big gap where he should have moved into to take a pass but he just stayed miles away from it. Not sure if his confidence is shot to pieces or not interested. 

What does levein see in him that no one else does?! 

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Clare sucks the life out of the team and crowd. 

Perhaps so, but it isn't Clare's fault that he was signed to a contract by Hearts, and CL persists in playing him. He's trying to do a job that might be too big for him.

I hope that the boo birds were directing their displeasure at CL, because that's where the blame lies, not with the player who appears to be out of his depth.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I thought he was dreadful when he came on. Youd think he would be out to make a point but tried to avoid being involved. One point where we had the ball out on the right, there was a big gap where he should have moved into to take a pass but he just stayed miles away from it. Not sure if his confidence is shot to pieces or not interested. 

What does levein see in him that no one else does?! 

Looked nervy. Job done by the boo boys.

46 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Clare won the flick on that lead to Mulraney’s cross for the Halkett goal, folk must’ve missed that. He also won his fair share of sliding tackles. Only mistake he made was when he thought the Aberdeen cross had went out so let it bounce in our box.  He may have looked lost to some due to the fact that for a ten minute spell, near the end, no one had a clue where they were playing. We went all in for the equaliser and then had no clue who was playing where. We didn’t look settled in a shape till we subbed Morrison back off and went back into 4 at the back. Crazy night, a great night and a great performance. Again tho, everyone quick to jump on the Clare bandwagon. Talk me through Berra’s performance tonight, Cosgrove bullied him and his distribution was abysmal. Keena had a shocker. Hickey had a few dodgey moments as did Smith. Meshino ran out of ideas combined with Aberdeen sussing how to play him. All Sean Clare’s fault tho. 

Sorry? What? Keena won the header who played it back to Clare who (unchallenged) played it to Keena who played it wide. 

Im not for people changing the story to make Clare sound dreadful, but I’m not keen on people saying he “won” the flick on, when he played a pass when no one was near him. 

Hes got something, but it won’t count for anything until he shows a bit of heart. 

Also, anyone booing any Hearts player being subbed on is an absolute disgrace

Edited by Mooth11

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looked nervy. Job done by the boo boys.

Crap patter booing your own players but there's two ways to handle that - go  out there and prove them wrong or go into your shell and stay out of the spot light. Unfortunately he chose the latter. 

I'm not a fan of his at all. He needs some time out the team. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Perhaps so, but it isn't Clare's fault that he was signed to a contract by Hearts, and CL persists in playing him. He's trying to do a job that might be too big for him.

I hope that the boo birds were directing their displeasure at CL, because that's where the blame lies, not with the player who appears to be out of his depth.

:spoton:

13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

This absolutely Maple... It's not the boys fault... 

Right. Made a point of watching Clare closely last night because of the crap on this thread. 

He hides, doesnt take any responsibility and is chicken hearted. 

Seems quick. 

Thats about it. 

Aye lets have him first name on the team sheet. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Right. Made a point of watching Clare closely last night because of the crap on this thread. 

Seems quick. 

Thats about it. 

Exactly we all want him to be good FFS. We want Hearts to win every game and have 11 superstars. But on what he shows he is not doing enough to be a first team starter. Them's the facts.

7 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Crap patter booing your own players but there's two ways to handle that - go  out there and prove them wrong or go into your shell and stay out of the spot light. Unfortunately he chose the latter. 

I'm not a fan of his at all. He needs some time out the team. 

In the same way some players need managed by shouting at, and some need managed by having an arm round them, players will react differently to booing. 

Whilst no Hearts fan should ever boo their own player coming onto the pitch, have you ever thought it might not help a guy who is already clearly struggling with confidence? 

It's pretty easy for us to sit at a keyboard and say he should react in a different way, but perhaps he will respond better to encouragement?

jack D and coke

Booing him on.....

Deary me. 
I can visualise his annoying trotting about on the park and just not getting himself involved enough though. 
Crunch times for Clare and I’m not sure he has the mentality (or the ability) to get through it. 

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The planks who booed when Clare came on last night were a disgrace. 

As for Clare. Well I do believe that the lad has some skill and ability that he has sadly only demonstrated about twice. 

Takes a decent penalty though.

The way he trots about is a infuriating and he is not someone you can rely on. 

Always looks like he needs a rocket up his arse. 

Hopefully he will improve but I'm not sure he has the mentality.

Basically saying the same on the radio last night, that he's so frustrating as there is a player in there but most of the time it looks like he can't be bothered.

32 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The planks who booed when Clare came on last night were a disgrace. 

As for Clare. Well I do believe that the lad has some skill and ability that he has sadly only demonstrated about twice. 

Takes a decent penalty though.

The way he trots about is a infuriating and he is not someone you can rely on. 

Always looks like he needs a rocket up his arse. 

Hopefully he will improve but I'm not sure he has the mentality.

I didnt hear the booing from where I was sat in section P but booing a player on is bad patter.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

The morons within our support that boo Clare are the same muppets clambering for Keena to start. 

The only morons are the morons who call Hearts fans morons because they want players who give their all for the cause first and foremost not trotting round the pitch hiding and let them know when they are not meeting this minimum requirement.  Keena may or may not be a success but one thing he will give you is more heart and effort than that imposter Clare. 

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

The only morons are the morons who call Hearts fans morons because they want players who give their all for the cause first and foremost not trotting round the pitch hiding and let them know when they are not meeting this minimum requirement.  Keena may or may not be a success but one thing he will give you is more heart and effort than that imposter Clare. 

Nah, morons are folk who boo a player coming on to play for us. 

tartofmidlothian
9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Great post. In a minority on here, but I thought Clare did well enough last night. He isn't a physical battler, but he made himself available, looked for the ball and tried to use his skill to make things happen. I agree he should be out of the starting XI and may be having confidence issues, but he was the best of our subs last night by a clear margin.

4 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

It's now obvious that the more the fans, M Stewart, and N McCann say Clare is a waste of a jersey the more Levein will play him. 

So how come he was dropped for last night?

1 minute ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Did he not come on or was that his twin. 

P***k. 

Dropping him and bringing him on isn't exactly playing him more though is it?

SuperstarSteve

Keena and Morrison seem to get a free pass by fans for some reason compared to Clare, am guessing it’s age because no other reason I can think of.

Both are very poor and I’m hoping when injury free they are nowhere near the team. 

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still waiting for the boy from yesterday to explain that one. Given it's stipulated in his contract to start all the time.

😄

That would be too much for one day, I'm happy with someone saying the exact opposite of what happened then calling me a prick for pointing it out.

15 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Keena and Morrison seem to get a free pass by fans for some reason compared to Clare, am guessing it’s age because no other reason I can think of.

Both are very poor and I’m hoping when injury free they are nowhere near the team. 

Keena made a lot of mistakes last night for sure. I think Clare gets a hard time because he seems to get a game regardless of his form 

GorgieFifeLife
57 minutes ago, Barack said:

He get booed on because he never sprinted onto the pitch then?

No he got booed on due to his lack of work rate and desire in most games up until he was eventually dropped.

GorgieFifeLife
59 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Nah, morons are folk who boo a player coming on to play for us. 

Nah fans wont accept a lack of desire and fight for the badge and that is how they show their displeasure with this. Too many snowflakes around.  Either Clare sucks it up and proves himself or he will be away.

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Great post. You'll get nowhere on Kickback by paying attention to things that actually happen, though.

11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

No he got booed on due to his lack of work rate and desire in most games up until he was eventually dropped.

No, he got booed on because there are a small number of childish / ignorant morons among the Hearts support. 

They're apparently called "real" fans. I would rather that we just had supporters but hey ho, the silent majority are still Hearts supporters.

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems quick. 

Thats about it. 

A good bit of the "crap" on this thread has come from you. 

You missed the challenges he put in when he came on and ignore the opinion of many who reckon he was the most effective of last nights substitutes.

Are you going to open a Morrison thread, a Kenna thread or a Mulraney thread?

46 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Keena made a lot of mistakes last night for sure. I think Clare gets a hard time because he seems to get a game regardless of his form 

So what's the excuse for Mulraney?

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Spoleto said:

So what's the excuse for Mulraney?

There is none. Another player that will be benched when we get players back.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

There is none. Another player that will be benched when we get players back.

So "real" Hearts fans are selective about which poorly performing players to boo then?

That makes Clare a scapegoat until they choose another victim to pick on.

GorgieFifeLife
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

No, he got booed on because there are a small number of childish / ignorant morons among the Hearts support. 

They're apparently called "real" fans. I would rather that we just had supporters but hey ho, the silent majority are still Hearts supporters.

Get a grip.  Think you will find the majority are out of patience with Clare.