Sean Clare.

Whatever

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein was excited we got him and thinks he's a good player, stressing he's a young player. That's all. If he had other options in England then what's wrong with mentioning that? I didn't expect him to be a world beater based on that personally. He's similarly saying how excited he is about Meshino. Should he talk the players he signs down?

He can talk however he likes about players. It shouldn’t have any impact on how they play. It can have an impact on the perception of fans, of course. Not that that should really matter. Six months ago, this forum was flooded with bizarre, smug “I told you so” type posts, with some predicting legendary status (seriously!) for him.

The bottom line is that he is a Hearts regular, who has played a significant number of games for us. It’s entirely fair to appraise his performance in that context. He’s not one for the future. He is a regular feature in the awful team we currently have.

Edited by Peebo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Peebo said:

He can talk however he likes about players. It shouldn’t have any impact on how they play. It can have an impact on the perception of fans, of course. Not that that should really matter. Six months ago, this forum was flooded with bizarre, smug “I told you so” type posts, with some predicting legendary status (seriously!) for him.

The bottom line is that he is a Hearts regular, who has played a significant number of games for us. It’s entirely fair to appraise his performance in that context. 

Definitely, I'm doing that myself and think he should be dropped. I also think he's a young player who was thrown into a poorly performing team in a new league so those may not be the best conditions to judge him under. Interested to see him play more regularly with Whelan, Damour, Naismith in particular.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This being the crux of the matter. Definitely has a ring of ‘boo Miko to stick it to Romanov’ about it.

You’re making stuff up here. 

For what it's worth, I think that if Naismith hadn't hurt his hamstring, Walker hadn't broken his leg, if the Japanese boy was here and Uches form hadn't fallen off a cliff then Clare would have been benched by now 

25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is a definite case for him being benched or dropped.

Levein did greet him with a big fanfare as he did with David Vanacek. :cornette:

JEEZ!!  Don’t go there! 🙈

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree with you

Happy days. 👍

23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This being the crux of the matter. Definitely has a ring of ‘boo Miko to stick it to Romanov’ about it.

🙈

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely, I'm doing that myself and think he should be dropped. I also think he's a young player who was thrown into a poorly performing team in a new league so those may not be the best conditions to judge him under. Interested to see him play more regularly with Whelan, Damour, Naismith in particular.

He is one of the reasons the team is performing poorly!

29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It doesn’t.

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, JamboSpur said:

£10k a week, other players are spewing

Are you saying Sean Clare is on 10k per week?

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There was never any spin that Clare was "one for the future". Rather, it was hailed that we had a "transfer coup" for bringing a player who was being eyed up by bigger English clubs to Tynecastle. Therefore, it was always the case that he would be an important member of the first team squad.

After 43 games, there's enough of a body of evidence to conclude what people are accusing him of. He's pish.

He’s not pish 

7 minutes ago, Sid said:

He’s not pish 

“pish” is harsh however seeing his name on the team sheet week after week is adding to the fans frustrations. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hopefully a few players will improve their game when these 3 players are fully fit and beside them in the starting 11.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

The bottom line is that he is a Hearts regular, who has played a significant number of games for us. It’s entirely fair to appraise his performance in that context. He’s not one for the future. He is a regular feature in the awful team we currently have.

There are a few players who, when we play as we did against Motherwell, come out of their shells and perform well, i.e. in a team where they keep the ball on the deck and passes are played forward and through the midfield. One of the players who didn't seem to rise even in that game was Clare. He can't tackle, loses the ball awfully easily and I'm not sure what he is meant to be bringing to the team. In the recent past he had a decent spell with taking penalties and if the game was similar to American football we possibly had a player who could have been brought on for no other reason than to take penalty kicks, bit like an NFL kicker. Does their little bit then disappears again and the real players get on with the game, but our game ain't like that. But his ability from the penalty spot has gone down a bit based on a couple of more recent attempts. And he has been given time to fit in, but even players like that are defended by some when others are honest enough to say they just don't see what he is supposed to be bringing to the game.

Levein just stated that " he thought Sean Clare had a really good game" against the tic, FFS he was non-existent, did nothing wi the ball, n nothing without it.

If Levein thinks this, he'll no be getting benched anytime soon, I don't no WTF he sees in Clare tbh, always seems to be in the team no matter what, we will always struggle, like playing wi 10 men.

I wouldn't even pick him to be a

"ball boy" FFS 

No offence to ball boys!

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Levein just stated that " he thought Sean Clare had a really good game" against the tic, FFS he was non-existent, did nothing wi the ball, n nothing without it.

If Levein thinks this, he'll no be getting benched anytime soon, I don't no WTF he sees in Clare tbh, always seems to be in the team no matter what, we will always struggle, like playing wi 10 men.

"ball boy" FFS 

No offence to ball boys!

His statements are more and more the ramblings of a man who has lost his way. 

59 minutes ago, rmreido said:

"ball boy" FFS 

No offence to ball boys!

How anyone who watched that Celtic game can say Clare was really good is beyond me. If that was a really good performance I’m dreading when he has a poor game. 

Or maybe he is trying to build him up because he knows that with Naismith and Walker out he can't bench him 

Seriously, I think if those two weren't injured he would be out of the team 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, rmreido said:

"ball boy" FFS 

No offence to ball boys!

To be fair, this is probably Levein protecting the player even though he is havering bullshit.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

His statements are more and more the ramblings of a man who has lost his way. 

It’s basically Levein’s arrogance and bloody mindedness showing through with regards to Clare!  He signed him, built him up to something he’s not, and dropping Clare would mean a loss of face!

2 hours ago, rmreido said:

"ball boy" FFS 

No offence to ball boys!

Levein is becoming deluded. 

He brought him in, he paid a fee for him, he told everyone he was real coup for the club. 

We are now at that stage even when the guy has a shite game, which is very often, Levein says he has a really good game because he is too arrogant to say otherwise because he brought him in. 

He really is starting to make a real dick of himself by saying these things when Claire was poor at Parkhead and everyone saw that. 

Remember he is the man that was really excited about the arrival of David Vanacek. 

Says it all really. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Clare does a lot of work that the "kickback Guardiola's" don't see as they are blinded, could be better but is doing okay and has time on his side as still a young lad.

The thing that should worry everyone about Sean Clare is that Levein thinks he could’ve been a box to box centre mid like Colin Cameron. That’s what should worry everyone. Clare wouldn’t have chapped Levein’s door and asked to become a centre mid. Clare has had poor games, not a worrying amount tho cause he’s playing in a side that regularly plays poorly. The biggest worry is what our manager sees in him. 

17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Clare does a lot of work that the "kickback Guardiola's" don't see as they are blinded, could be better but is doing okay and has time on his side as still a young lad.

So what is this unseen work? 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Russ1977 said:

So what is this unseen work? 

When he doesn't play you notice it, we dont have anyone who when they run at players u think oh he might make something here except mulraney. he's so under rated its painful. he's not once in his reign been the worst player on the park Sunday he was far from it, but its all about Clare always! he's famous. 

1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

When he doesn't play you notice it, we dont have anyone who when they run at players u think oh he might make something here except mulraney. he's so under rated its painful. he's not once in his reign been the worst player on the park Sunday he was far from it, but its all about Clare always! he's famous. 

I think I’ve seen him run at players a handful of times since he’s been with us. To be honest he probably wasn’t the worst player against Celtic. The problem is Levein saying he had a really good game when he clearly didn’t. All he’s doing by saying that is putting focus on to Clare that he doesn’t need. 

Jambosteve1902
2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I think I’ve seen him run at players a handful of times since he’s been with us. To be honest he probably wasn’t the worst player against Celtic. The problem is Levein saying he had a really good game when he clearly didn’t. All he’s doing by saying that is putting focus on to Clare that he doesn’t need. 

He's fully focussed on anyway if people dont go to game or watch and see we win 4-0 they'l still post a sean clare thread saying he was crap. its blind criticism and complete nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Levein is becoming deluded. 

He brought him in, he paid a fee for him, he told everyone he was real coup for the club. 

We are now at that stage even when the guy has a shite game, which is very often, Levein says he has a really good game because he is too arrogant to say otherwise because he brought him in. 

He really is starting to make a real dick of himself by saying these things when Claire was poor at Parkhead and everyone saw that. 

Remember he is the man that was really excited about the arrival of David Vanacek. 

Says it all really. 

Sadly it does!

12 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

He's fully focussed on anyway if people dont go to game or watch and see we win 4-0 they'l still post a sean clare thread saying he was crap. its blind criticism and complete nonsense. 

Now that IS “complete nonsense”

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Now that IS “complete nonsense”

Nope, was our best player v county although we were crap he was most criticised player on here on our team. its pathetic.  you're one of them who often have a go at him tbf so i dont expect any less from you on this matter. 

Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

Nope, was our best player v county although we were crap he was most criticised player on here on our team. its pathetic.  you're one of them who often have a go at him tbf so i dont expect any less from you on this matter. 

Best player against County! 😂

As they say - in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

24 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

So as long as he’s not the worst player on the park it’s ok??? 🤔

The point is Clare is consistently poor week after week with only the occasional glimpse of a bit of contribution - he has become “famous” for it!

Jambosteve1902
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Best player against County! 😂

As they say - in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

he was the best player against county but not that it was hard tbf. alot of people agree with that fact. but as always your always right :D 

57 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

And what is this fantastic work that only the “LDL Guardiola’s” can see??? 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

he was the best player against county but not that it was hard tbf. alot of people agree with that fact. but as always your always right :D 

There’s hope when you know! 😉

My problem with him is whilst he may not be the worst player on the park most weeks this is only because he is anonymous. He isn't involved in the game. It passes him by. Nowhere near influential enough to merit a place in the team.

8 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

My problem with him is whilst he may not be the worst player on the park most weeks this is only because he is anonymous. He isn't involved in the game. It passes him by. Nowhere near influential enough to merit a place in the team.

This is where I am when it comes to Clare. A nice wee touch now and again and the rest of the time you’d never notice he was on the park. He does have ability but seems to have no idea how to use it to influence a game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

These threads are pretty boring. Clare is a luxury player not a bad player. 

Only difficulty for him and us,  we cant afford luxury 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

These threads are pretty boring. Clare is a luxury player not a bad player. 

Only difficulty for him and us,  we cant afford luxury 

Nonsense. Rudi was a luxury player. Luxury players are ones who provide quality and can win you a match with a moment of brilliance. Clare has never showed anything which suggest he is capable of this. Di Canio was a luxury player for his teams. The other players give an extra 10% to make up for the lack of work these guys do off the ball. Levein wanted to play Clare in centre mid this season. You wouldn't play a luxury player in the absolute engine room of the team.

Clare is just another product of Levein's dodgy recruitment policy (scattergun policy) some work out ok but others not so good, Clare cost us a fee and is probably on high wages so has to be played in the hope that he comes good, Wighton comes into the same category, if he was fit he would probably be in the team or at least on the bench, our manager seems to have great difficulty in admitting that he often makes bloomers in his recruitment policy, time for a change in player recruitment, perhaps Gary Naysmith or Andy Kirk to head up this?

5 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Nonsense. Rudi was a luxury player. Luxury players are ones who provide quality and can win you a match with a moment of brilliance. Clare has never showed anything which suggest he is capable of this. Di Canio was a luxury player for his teams. The other players give an extra 10% to make up for the lack of work these guys do off the ball. Levein wanted to play Clare in centre mid this season. You wouldn't play a luxury player in the absolute engine room of the team.

Please don't try and compare Sean Clare to Rudi Skacel.!!! 

Rudi scored goals from day one and was a massive influence in both of his spells here. 

We wouldn't have won the cups in 2006 and 2012 if he hadn't been here. 

Don't just mean in the finals either but in the earlier rounds. 

They are in a completely different league from each other, ability and technically. 

Rudi also got Hearts from the minute he arrived. 

Sean Clare doesn't get it at all. 

Skacel has been away for years and is still the most popular player amongst our support apart from Robbo. 

If Clare was a luxury player and influenced games and banged in goals for fun it might be a different story, but he doesn't unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Please don't try and compare Sean Clare to Rudi Skacel.!!! 

Rudi scored goals from day one and was a massive influence in both of his spells here. 

We wouldn't have won the cups in 2006 and 2012 if he hadn't been here. 

Don't just mean in the finals either but in the earlier rounds. 

They are in a completely different league from each other, ability and technically. 

Rudi also got Hearts from the minute he arrived. 

Sean Clare doesn't get it at all. 

Skacel has been away for years and is still the most popular player amongst our support apart from Robbo. 

If Clare was a luxury player and influenced games and banged in goals for fun it might be a different story, but he doesn't unfortunately. 

Erm that was my point. I wasn't comparing them. I was saying Rudi is a luxury player. Clare isn't. :facepalm:

Dallas Green
37 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Yes according to training ground source.

Well that training ground source is bullshitting you.

1 minute ago, Flaps_98 said:

Erm that was my point. I wasn't comparing them. I was saying Rudi is a luxury player. Clare isn't. :facepalm:

☹️ Sorry just re read your post again. Thought at first glance you were calling Clare a luxury player. 

You clearly weren't saying that or comparing them. 

Apologies 👍

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

☹️ Sorry just re read your post again. Thought at first glance you were calling Clare a luxury player. 

You clearly weren't saying that or comparing them. 

Apologies 👍

😆 no problem

2 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

😆 no problem

Lesson learned, read the ****** post right before replying 😄