***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

TweedbankJambo
26 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Easy to find/ access? Looking at the site just now all I see is football and car racing news.

Yeah easy peasy, the list of games are on the left hand side, click on game and close the little red x. The game might not appear till nearer kick off time 😊 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aberdeen are the dirtiest diving team in the league. They appear to be able to get away with it better than most though. Proper pub league standard stuff.

LOL, Utter bollocks.

4forDevries
24 minutes ago, micole said:

Here's hoping our midfield does not get overrun......Mon The Hearts!!.

If we do get over-run, it's going to be a long day with Berra then clearing towards Uche all afternoon. If we get stuck in and start on the front foot, get the fans behind us, we have a chance. Naismith should start to ensure we begin with the right mentality.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

LOL, Utter bollocks.

Nope. Horrible team rammed full of hammer throwers and diving cheats. 👍

1 minute ago, 4forDevries said:

If we do get over-run, it's going to be a long day with Berra then clearing towards Uche all afternoon. If we get stuck in and start on the front foot, get the fans behind us, we have a chance. Naismith should start to ensure we begin with the right mentality.

If Washington is fit I doubt Uche will get much game time today 

Bobby

-

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Hickey

-

Walker

Halkett

Clare

Mulraney

-

Uche

Maclean

4-4-2 interchangeable.

Naismith on after 60 minutes.

1-0 Hearts. 

4forDevries
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I don’t know. Just a hunch I guess. 

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks like he could be effective in there. At least until Haring is fit again.

Agree. Haring quickly converted to DM and with plenty CB cover I think Halkett should have had a run out in CM. Unless, Soapy is leaving and then Halkett will be CB.

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

A Glenn Whelan? 

I So want Clare to do well for us this season. Better player's around him will definitely help the laddie just want him to grab the game bu the scruff of the neck and run riot 

Quite possibly. Definitely needs someone solid and imposing. 

3 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:If we do get over-run, it's going to be a long day with Berra then clearing towards Uche all afternoon. If we get stuck in and start on the front foot, get the fans behind us, we have a chance. Naismith should start to ensure we begin with the right mentality.

Agree but I think the key is that Naismith will also bring his movement and general play to help us keep the ball down and work it. 

Same with Washington.  I hope both are playing because it’s about dragging Aberdeen’s defence about with good movement which I think they won’t cope with. 

An aerial battle is what they’ll want. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree but I think the key is that Naismith will also bring his movement and general play to help us keep the ball down and work it. 

Same with Washington.  I hope both are playing because it’s about dragging Aberdeen’s defence about with good movement which I think they won’t cope with. 

Agreed. They are a team of giant cloggers, and they will be wanting us to play in to their hands by playing that way. 

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I don’t know. Just a hunch I guess. 

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks like he could be effective in there. At least until Haring is fit again.

Too big a gamble to play him there for the first time in such an important match.

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This all day long. 

6 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Agree. Haring quickly converted to DM and with plenty CB cover I think Halkett should have had a run out in CM. Unless, Soapy is leaving and then Halkett will be CB.

Haring had played in midfield loads of times for his previous club.

4forDevries
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree we need to drag their weakened defence about. So we need some nice passes from midfield. So we need to be winning that ball, 2nd balls etc while keeping the heid to avoid the sheep screaming for a red card. No idea how CL will line up team today....but I expect a surprise of sorts.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Agree we need to drag their weakened defence about. So we need some nice passes from midfield. So we need to be winning that ball, 2nd balls etc while keeping the heid to avoid the sheep screaming for a red card. No idea how CL will line up team today....but I expect a surprise of sorts.

Is it just me that wishes we had a settled team, picking our 11 best players and having the confidence in them to do a job against anyone? Injuries and suspensions permitting of course. 

4forDevries
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is it just me that wishes we had a settled team, picking our 11 best players and having the confidence in them to do a job against anyone? Injuries and suspensions permitting of course. 

Definitely a squad game with different players, formations and tactics depending on who we are playing and where. Trying to exploit weakness etc. We don't want to be too predictable either.

Edited by 4forDevries
Add

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aye it's just you, you must be a footballing genius. :facepalm:

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s the first game of the season Nookie ffs! 😂

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This.

Certainly the dirtiest team to visit Tynecastle last season.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agreed we need to work out strongest first 11 in chosen formation and build some consistency with it. With the exception of Rangers/Celtic away we should be focusing on ourself and letting other teams worry about us. I think part of the reason we fail to capitalise in final third is the forward players haven’t built relationships so don’t anticipate team mates movements! 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This.

Certainly the dirtiest team to visit Tynecastle last season.

Somehow they are allowed to fly under the radar in that respect. People are just really stupid I think.

On 01/08/2019 at 11:39, main said:

Assuming Washington is injured:

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Halkett

Walker Clare Naismith Mulraney

Uche

Would rather not move halkett from CB but we are better with a back 4 and levein won't drop Berra. Also would be stupid to drop hickey at this point. 

Not sure I agree re Hickey. He has been shakey in last few games. He needs to be nurtured a wee break wont do him any harm. 

2 minutes ago, DrJ said:

Not sure I agree re Hickey. He has been shakey in last few games. He needs to be nurtured a wee break wont do him any harm. 

He's not been shakey ffs. :rofl:

Edited by graygo

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, DrJ said:

:trippin:

Glad you came out of a four year hiatus to share that insight. 🤔

Edited by To Be Frank

First league game of the season, away from home. Aberdeen are decent and outwith the old squirm will be our closest challengers along with possibly Hubz. I reckon it will be a score draw possibly 1-1 and Walker scoring for us.

Rocky jamboa

I'd go with a 3-5-2 formation, to allow us to play souttar, Halkett and Berra. I'd play bozanic in the holding midfield role due to him getting stuck in and having loads of energy. Better than sticking a defender in there. 

I'm not a fan of Clare but would imagine he will play in midfield, alongside one of the young guys. 

Walker, naismith and Washington  in the forward areas, Naismith playing off washington. 

Team looks decent, apart from centre mid. Crying out for Whelan and morrison type players in there. 

Edit - actually, forgot about Mulraney! And washington injured?! I give up.

Edited by Paulp74

Franksluckypants

To go into the first league match of the season against one of the best teams, away from home, without replacing (arguably...) last seasons best CM in Djoum, is criminal!

Missing our best DM in Haring ain't great either, but with expectations very much lowered (the head says we could be on for a horsing). I fancy the boys coming in to seriously step up!

15 minutes ago, DrJ said:

Ffs :rofl:

Franksluckypants
12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

First league game of the season, away from home. Aberdeen are decent and outwith the old squirm will be our closest challengers along with possibly Hubz. I reckon it will be a score draw possibly 1-1 and Walker scoring for us.

Sorry mate I didn't copy your post - honest Gov!

3 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

To go into the first league match of the season against one of the best teams, away from home, without replacing (arguably...) last seasons best CM in Djoum, is criminal!

Missing our best DM in Haring ain't great either, but with expectations very much lowered (the head says we could be on for a horsing). I fancy the boys coming in to seriously step up!

I hope you've got your lucky pants on.

It'll be interesting to see how we play against a team that's not parking the bus and hitting on the break. I'm quietly optimistic.

1-2

Hungry hippo
20 minutes ago, DrJ said:

Only one below par game. Otherwise excellent.

4forDevries
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Halkett won't play in midfield.

Not now. But given our CM position lord knows why he was not given a run out in CM during LC matches. We may have missed a trick.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, 4forDevries said:

Not now. But given our CM position lord knows why he was not given a run out in CM during LC matches. We may have missed a trick.

Maybe because he isn’t a CM and has never played there before in his career 🤷🏻‍♂️

Was going to watch this as at my mates as he's got one of those Firesticks with all the club channels on it. However, I've noticed folks have said that footage has been getting blocked in UK when folk were watching streams recently of our games without a decent VPN. Does anyone know if that would affect the fire stick feed? 

Also, 1-0 for Aberdeen is my prediction..... 😢

Edited by Normthebarman

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Why? Halkett has never played there before.

I’m sure Halkett has played in midfield before earlier in his career. However I’d be very surprised if either him or Souttar were in there. I think we’ll go 352 with Walker playing a bit of a free role and Washington up front.

What I think we’ll see:

Bobby 

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey 

Walker Clare Irving Mulraney 

Naismith 

Uche 

Aberdeen 2 - Hearts 0 

Aberdeen are a decent outfit and we haven’t addressed the midfield problems that have plagued us. Here’s hoping Aberdeen have an off day due to Europe on Thursday and Naismith makes a big difference for us. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I’m sure Halkett has played in midfield before earlier in his career. However I’d be very surprised if either him or Souttar were in there. I think we’ll go 352 with Walker playing a bit of a free role and Washington up front.

He hasn’t. Started off as a striker and converted to defence while a kid at Rangers.

4forDevries
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Maybe because he isn’t a CM and has never played there before in his career 🤷🏻‍♂️

...someone mentioned earlier he started as a striker and did get a few games also CM. And I guess he would not be the first player to change position and become a revelation. We might play a kid in CM today....could have been a gritty goal scorer. But, Def would not play Halkett there without seeing him. Chance lost IMO.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He hasn’t. Started off as a striker and converted to defence while a kid at Rangers.

Ah ok, I knew he started off somewhere other than defence. I think the last converted striker we had at centre half was Davie Weir....that worked out well for us.

Edited by Rudy T

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

‘Oh the irony.

anyway, game day. Really hoping for a cracker, but fear it will be a negative bore-fest 0-0.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘Oh the irony.

anyway, game day. Really hoping for a cracker, but fear it will be a negative bore-fest 0-0.

Aberdeen fans only think we are dirty becuase you dive so ****ing much, seriously - watch the game today.. I’d guess on more than 10 occasions an aberdeen player will physically scream under minimal contact.  

27 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Was going to watch this as at my mates as he's got one of those Firesticks with all the club channels on it. However, I've noticed folks have said that footage has been getting blocked in UK when folk were watching streams recently of our games without a decent VPN. Does anyone know if that would affect the fire stick feed? 

Also, 1-0 for Aberdeen is my prediction..... 😢

Still able to watch on IPTV with or without a VPN.

Edited by graygo