• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

Lucille's Thirsty

I’m going with a 1-1 or a 0-0 draw.

Aberdeen in EL action on Thursday night albeit at home maybe give us an edge on Sunday.  

Head says Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hearts.

Heart says Abedeen 1 - 1 Hearts.

Hopefully we up our game and they have a Euro hangover. 

Leveins Battalion

352 on Sunday,only surprise will be if we sign a midfielder otherwise its Clare and Irving in there,Walker right and Mulraney left,Naismith in the 10 and Uche up top.

Away up in Gorgie

Aberdeen with a very dominating and impressive performance this evening scoring nearly as many goals as we managed in our 4 league cup games. Can't see anything but Levein going with a defensive setup hoping to get out of there with a low scoring draw. Will be surprised if he manages it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

1-2

On a sidenote my first time driving to pittodrie,wheres best to park?near stadium etc?

Seafront if you can get there early enough. Behind the leisure centre is another good place if you can get there early otherwise parking options are shit and involves a walk 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Aberdeen with a very dominating and impressive performance this evening scoring nearly as many goals as we managed in our 4 league cup games. Can't see anything but Levein going with a defensive setup hoping to get out of there with a low scoring draw. Will be surprised if he manages it.

Wouldn't read too much into it. They looked smaller last week, would be happier with another midfield player. 

Cup final tactics might just see another outing 

IveSeenTheLight
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't read too much into it. They looked smaller last week, would be happier with another midfield player. 

Cup final tactics might just see another outing 

We’ve played really well in both our home games, but relatively poor away.

worrying thing is McInnes intimated freshening up the team for Sunday. I hope that’s not with an eye on Rijeka next Thursday

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We’ve played really well in both our home games, but relatively poor away.

worrying thing is McInnes intimated freshening up the team for Sunday. I hope that’s not with an eye on Rijeka next Thursday

I’d imagine the game vs Rijeka will be more valuable than potentially beating us on Sunday. 

Who do you’s play next Sunday? 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d imagine the game vs Rijeka will be more valuable than potentially beating us on Sunday. 

Ewes!  

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

You're welcome.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ewes!  

:laugh: gutted I missed the chance.

John mcCartney

thats some fecking write up on the beeb site btw
itl be an interesting game regardless........

Soapy Soutar
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Seafront if you can get there early enough. Behind the leisure centre is another good place if you can get there early otherwise parking options are shit and involves a walk 

Cheers 👍

IveSeenTheLight
21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hearts home

Rijeka away

St Mirren away

Rijeka Home

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Barack said:

How's Curtis Main getting on?

Apparently really well in training, but he did not feature as he picked up a slight knock in training.

i think Cosgrove will still play, but can see Wilson and Wright starting instead of McGinn and Hedges.

Maybe also Bryson for Ojo

Ante well and truly upped this evening.

3-2 Hearts after going 2-0 down early on. Clare to score.

IveSeenTheLight
15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Cosgrove

Wilson Wright Gallagher

Bryson Ferguson

Leigh Considine McKenna Logan

Lewis

Close.

id guess

Cosgrove

Wright Ferguson Wilson

Bryson Gallagher

Leigh Considine McKenna Logan

Lewis

Cruyff Turn
31 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hearts home

Rijeka away

St Mirren away

Rijeka Home

Rijeka will be tough away. Plenty of energy will be needed. 

I have a sneaky feeling that Levein will play it tight.....just a feeling mind

Fear the worst as Aberdeen have a settled 11 already and clearly we don’t.

Plus our recent record and performances up there are abysmal tbh 

Although that’s a better record than Levein has at Parkhead or Ibrox so a I guess it depends on what you’re comparing it to. 

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Although that’s a better record than Levein has at Parkhead or Ibrox so a I guess it depends on what you’re comparing it to. 

:rofl: touche

Wonder if this be the season he wins against Rangers at Tynecastle for the first time ever as manager?

StevenNaismith

I was up at Pittodrie tonight and Aberdeen were very, very impressive against a decent enough side. Pace and power in abundance and I think we are gonna be in for a long afternoon on Sunday going by our recent performances. Fingers crossed I’m wrong though.

Leveins Battalion

When working on the shape in training yesterday the gap between Uche to the midfield 2 was frightening,we are going there to sit in and hope Naismith can pop up with some magic in a free role.

I’d take a draw all day long. They had a very good win yesterday but I’d like to think we can offer them a better game.

I may have a cheeky bet on a 0-1

A_A wehatethehibs

Only Naismith and our defence gives us a chance to win this game. Aberdeen will dominate the midfield 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

When working on the shape in training yesterday the gap between Uche to the midfield 2 was frightening,we are going there to sit in and hope Naismith can pop up with some magic in a free role.

Naismith will be kicked upside down, McInnes will identify him as our only danger and act accordingly. 

St Mirren, Hearts, England.  My weekend trifecta.

Have to admit  the only one I'm really confident about is St Mirren.

Who’s the ref? Hopefully isn’t Beaton as he was atrocious in the first game up there last year.

Would help if we didn’t concede in the first minute as well :lol: 

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I was up at Pittodrie tonight and Aberdeen were very, very impressive against a decent enough side. Pace and power in abundance and I think we are gonna be in for a long afternoon on Sunday going by our recent performances. Fingers crossed I’m wrong though.

McInnes has intimated there will be changes. I’d expect at least 3, so not expecting to be as goos and expect Hearts to,put up a better defence

35 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Naismith will be kicked upside down, McInnes will identify him as our only danger and act accordingly. 

Thats funnt coming from a Hearts fan.

I expect the Hearts foul count to be higher than Aberdeen’s

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Who’s the ref? Hopefully isn’t Beaton as he was atrocious in the first game up there last year.

Would help if we didn’t concede in the first minute as well :lol: 

Don Robertson, mentioned earlier how he was not good for both teams last year.

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Cant remember him being as shite as Beaton/Madden/Maclean last year so I think it’s a good appointment.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I wouldn't wet myself too much.

Aberdeen got the early goals, well done them and then the shitey team opened up and they taken a few of them, it happens. No bearing at all on Sundays game, it's like saying because Motherwell/ Ross county scored lots in the lc they would skelp us, st johnstone and hibs. That's not how football works.

This game in general has favoured the home team recently so I have my doubts of a win, but their game last night has no bearing at all on the outcome or the way the game will go. If they had lost I wouldn't have been more confident of a result either, it wouldn't impact the game in any way.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

McInnes has intimated there will be changes. I’d expect at least 3, so not expecting to be as goos and expect Hearts to,put up a better defence

Aberdeen have been very dirty, foul count is a poor indicator of the severity of the fouls, when we play celtic we have more fouls than Celtic butt Scott Brown is still the dirtiest ******* on the park and dishe's out  the worst tackles. Morelos is another example, should have triple the foul count.

You guys last time at Tynecastle  were a disgrace,  Uche could have had an ankle broken and go knows how you never got a player sent off in that wee scrap.

You have been very physical, surprisingly so imo.

It will be another battle.

28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Load of tosh as per, Aberdeen under McInnes have consistently been hatchet men against Hearts

Jambosteve1902
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Load of tosh as per, Aberdeen under McInnes have consistently been hatchet men against Hearts

thats true they're a joke against us, but i do  like the fact we dont shy away from it, kick the pricks back. get big halkett to send cosgrove into orbit early. 

IveSeenTheLight

We have in the past succumbed to teams who beat us physically.

I’m glad to see that we have matched the physicality on the pitch so we don’t lose the battle before the game can be played.

15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We have in the past succumbed to teams who beat us physically.

I’m glad to see that we have matched the physicality on the pitch so we don’t lose the battle before the game can be played.

Noticed Aberdeen’s St sales are around 9.6 thousand - is that up or down from last year? 

Why do you seem to struggle getting bodies through the gates? 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Noticed Aberdeen’s St sales are around 9.6 thousand - is that up or down from last year? 

Why do you seem to struggle getting bodies through the gates? 

:clap: :clap:

don’t know, probably a multitude of reasons.

You win that one. Next challenge if for you to match our overall revenue ;)

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:clap: :clap:

don’t know, probably a multitude of reasons.

You win that one. Next challenge if for you to match our overall revenue ;)

We will smash that in the next few years, we now have a ground making money all year long, while you have to pay for a new one.