***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

As a collective thing I don't get folk who get so worked up about "dirty *******s" "big physical team" "team thugs"..... Get on the ****ing park, play football and get stuck in. If you don't like it piss off and find another sport. 

Spot on.  The only thing I hate is if we get dominated in those stakes. 

Love when Hearts get moaned at about being competitive, albeit a while ago.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

We are trying to get deals done for midfielders. However to go into the first game away from home against a main rival with Bozanic and Clare (I rate but inexperienced in the position) as your centre midfield pairing, is very poor planning.

Has the team been picked? where can i see it?

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the likelihood of getting a tv feed for this game? I seem to remember seeing live games from Aberdeen before.

RedTv will be showing it.

Try Hesgoals for a link.

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Makes me weep inside a little at the thought of a defence with Considine in it having the better of us. 

I wonder what odds I’d get for Considine to score on Sunday ;)

Somebody mentioned a 3-4-3 formation for this.

I like this formation but we don’t have the players for it.

Sign Whelan and Morrison and we WILL have the players to play it which would be interesting.

upgotheheads
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Somebody mentioned a 3-4-3 formation for this.

I like this formation but we don’t have the players for it.

Sign Whelan and Morrison and we WILL have the players to play it which would be interesting.

Morrison is getting a lot of mentions. Why? 

I'll have my phone beside me in bed and I'll ask my son to text me when Naismith bangs in our 3rd goal.

Round about 3.30 I expect.

Used to quite like Aberdeen until istl appeared on the scene.  Want them crushed now.  Mind you, I wanted them crushed even when I quite liked them.

We are good at the back, and we have players to hurt them at the top end of the park, but it's the central midfield area that worries me today. 

If we can plug some gaps and they perform well I'm hopeful we can take something from the game. 

Full of optimism. Tough start but first game of the season as good a time as any to visit that shitpit.

Come on the JT’s.

:HeartsManspotrun:

4forDevries
On 02/08/2019 at 06:23, Leveins Battalion said:

When working on the shape in training yesterday the gap between Uche to the midfield 2 was frightening,we are going there to sit in and hope Naismith can pop up with some magic in a free role.

Not surprised you saw this. Looks exactly the same in matches. Give me Sandy Clark to provide the feed any day. Uches raw, but his heart is in the right place. Needs more guidance and practice.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'll have my phone beside me in bed and I'll ask my son to text me when Naismith bangs in our 3rd goal.

Round about 3.30 I expect.

Used to quite like Aberdeen until istl appeared on the scene.  Want them crushed now.  Mind you, I wanted them crushed even when I quite liked them.

Why? 

OmiyaHearts
19 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the likelihood of getting a tv feed for this game? I seem to remember seeing live games from Aberdeen before.

Hesgoal.com has been pretty decent this season. The stream for the Stenny games was very good.

I wonder for a one off if Souttar or Halkett at CM is likely. Like this

............. Bobby

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

..... Souttar Bozanic

Walker Naismith Mulraney

......... Washington

Of course Clare could play instead of Boz or Naismith. Uche could play, Irving maybe.

But I wonder if the above is the basis of what we'll see today. I think I'd prefer that to a 3 at the back

Bobby

Souttar    Berra   Halkett 

Smith       Clare          Irving        Mulraney 

Walker       Naismith

Washington

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

............. Bobby

..... Souttar Bozanic

Walker Naismith Mulraney

......... Washington

Of course Clare could play instead of Boz or Naismith. Uche could play, Irving maybe.

But I wonder if the above is the basis of what we'll see today. I think I'd prefer that to a 3 at the back

Halkett more likely to play in midfield than Souttar imo. 

The boy Hedges looks a player for them this season as does Leigh. McInnes will have a much better idea of his strongest 11 whilst Levein will more likely be chucking bodies into positions to try make something work, sadly to go to places like Aberdeen you need more than that. Aberdeen 2/3 Hearts 0

Edited by VivaObua

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

The boy Hedges looks a player for them this season as does Leigh. McInnes will have a much better idea of his strongest 11 whilst Levein will more likely be chucking bodies into positions to try make something work, sadly to go to places like Aberdeen you need more than that. Aberdeen 2/3 Hearts 0

:lol:

What makes you think that? By the way, I’m thinking Doyle could do a job in midfield, amirite?

Big examination for us today. A chance to lay down a marker for the season and show us (and Ann) that things are moving in the right direction. I hope we pass the exam. 

I think we will go 4-3-3 / 4-5-1

Bobby

Smith /. Souttar /.  Berra.  / Hickey

Halkett.  /. Bozanic

Clare

Naismith.       Uche.    Mulraney 

think Connor will be injured and so we go wae Uche....

Halkett will drop into 3 at back if it’s not working to give Levein options 

Walker will replace Naismith who won’t last the 90mins..

expecting Levein to make us defensive and play on the counter !!!

Fingers crossed we do the business 🙏.. but have feeling we are giving the sheep to much respect instead of just go attack them !!!!!

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:lol:

What makes you think that? By the way, I’m thinking Doyle could do a job in midfield, amirite?

Big examination for us today. A chance to lay down a marker for the season and show us (and Ann) that things are moving in the right direction. I hope we pass the exam. 

I’ve watched Aberdeens’s Europa league games and I’ve seen our league cup games. We’re too soft in the middle of the park.

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why? 

Two reasons.  Firstly, with the exception of rangers, celtic and hibs, I don't really dislike any Scottish clubs although St Mirren shouldn't be anticipating a Christmas card.  Secondly, their dominance over the OF in the Ferguson era was superb.

19 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I wonder what odds I’d get for Considine to score on Sunday ;)

Why do you continually post a hearts fans forum

I don't know what to think of Clare but would love to see him put on an impressive performance.  If he's got what it takes, great time to show it.

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

............. Bobby

..... Souttar Bozanic

Walker Naismith Mulraney

......... Washington

If you're right about Bozanic, let's hope he can prove the many doubters on here wrong.

Jambof3tornado

Several out of the last 20 posts mention our midfield being weak. We need to control that area to have a positive impact on the match. Due to not having sorted our midfield yet we will try to defend for as long as we can and go back to front direct with long balls to Uches head. This fails every time we try it and makes Uche look worse than he is. With any luck Naismith will get near him to pick up scraps or we'll steal something from a set piece.

Tough game.

On 02/08/2019 at 08:56, IveSeenTheLight said:

McInnes has intimated there will be changes. I’d expect at least 3, so not expecting to be as goos and expect Hearts to,put up a better defence

Thats funnt coming from a Hearts fan.

I expect the Hearts foul count to be higher than Aberdeen’s

Don Robertson, mentioned earlier how he was not good for both teams last year.

Aberdeen are the dirtiest diving team in the league. They appear to be able to get away with it better than most though. Proper pub league standard stuff.

portobellojambo1

Not long until we get on the road for this one. Although in reality it has been a relatively short close season this fixture seems to have taken forever to actually arrive. League Cup qualifying group, we weren't great, played some decent football in bits, admittedly against poorer sides but what I took most from the games is we don't have anyone up front we can count on to bag us many goals. I just hope that today there isn't a lot of pressure put on Naismith to rectify everything on his own. The best of the sides we've met so far were Dundee United and they were able to move the ball about relatively easy in the middle of the park, somewhere we have to tighten up in. I've not seen anything of Aberdeen, other than their results in Europe, so have no idea how they will play. But as always how our results end up is determined by how we play. While I still have a feeling that it could either end up a low scoring draw or a 1-0 win for them I'm not discounting the possibility of us coming home with a very narrow win, which would be a big confidence booster.

TweedbankJambo
49 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Hesgoal.com has been pretty decent this season. The stream for the Stenny games was very good.

I agree, hesgoal is my go to site, usually good. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Not sure Naismith will be fit enough to start. If not, Walker (when in the mood) is an able depute.

Sean Clare plays well when Naismith is in the team, they seem to understand each others’ games better than other players, and better than most of the fans. Be interesting to see how they play together with Clare being more central.

Just left the house on my way up to Aberdeen.  Buzzing for this game. Put £20 on us to win 2-0 at 20/1. I just gotta feeling 🇱🇻HHGH

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sean Clare plays well when Naismith is in the team, they seem to understand each others’ games better than other players, and better than most of the fans. Be interesting to see how they play together with Clare being more central.

Clare needs something in there for sure because he's anonymous for large parts of the game and reluctant to get in about others 

Just can't see us getting a win up there with the way we play. 

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Just left the house on my way up to Aberdeen.  Buzzing for this game. Put £20 on us to win 2-0 at 20/1. I just gotta feeling 🇱🇻HHGH

Hope you’re celebrating on both counts, saughton 👍🏻

Deans Jambo
31 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

I agree, hesgoal is my go to site, usually good. 

Easy to find/ access? Looking at the site just now all I see is football and car racing news.

Just now, Whatever said:

Hope you’re celebrating on both counts, saughton 👍🏻

2-0 is maybe being hopeful but I really think we’ll win. As I do most weeks. 

Will keep my score prediction to myself, but 1 thing for sure, if we're bottom of the league at 5 pm then don't hold much hope for Levein's medium to long term prospects (Thanks St Johnstone 😂)

4forDevries

Since Red TV and Alba are filming there should be a leak / link somewhere. Didn't notice anything early doors on hesgoals

Just now, kimosavi said:

Clare needs something in there for sure because he's anonymous for large parts of the game and reluctant to get in about others 

Just can't see us getting a win up there with the way we play. 

It was a feature of Sean’s early games for us. Naismith and he would take turns of sliding through balls or passes out wide to each other springing the defence. He would benefit from someone a tough central midfielder in there beside him though.

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was a feature of Sean’s early games for us. Naismith and he would take turns of sliding through balls or passes out wide to each other springing the defence. He would benefit from someone a tough central midfielder in there beside him though.

A Glenn Whelan? 

I So want Clare to do well for us this season. Better player's around him will definitely help the laddie just want him to grab the game bu the scruff of the neck and run riot 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Halkett more likely to play in midfield than Souttar imo. 

Why? Halkett has never played there before.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Several out of the last 20 posts mention our midfield being weak. We need to control that area to have a positive impact on the match. Due to not having sorted our midfield yet we will try to defend for as long as we can and go back to front direct with long balls to Uches head. This fails every time we try it and makes Uche look worse than he is. With any luck Naismith will get near him to pick up scraps or we'll steal something from a set piece.

Tough game.

That’s not the plan but it may turn out that way 

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Why? Halkett has never played there before.

I don’t know. Just a hunch I guess. 

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks like he could be effective in there. At least until Haring is fit again.