Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

Smoked-Glass

They don't win the big derbys.  

3 ones they lost recently that were crutral. 

1.   4-0.  Semi of 2006.. The winner suerly goes onto to win the cup, albeit we made heavy weather of it. 

2.  5-1 actually winning the cup. 

3.  2-0  2014 when they wanted to relegate us and instead lost the game and another one soon after it.  Resulting in them coming down as well.      Hearts pissed the league next year but they had to stay in there for 3.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/07/2019 at 12:07, been here before said:

I wonder if the board will be looking to diversify into bars, hotels, restaurants and the like.

???

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not necessarily, words are cheap. 

Absolutely but in saying what he has he will now have to back it up with action so we will find out very quickly whether he can back up his claims.

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, better_call_saul said:

Bye now.

Nice of you to drop in. See you later don't let the door hit you on the way out. This place is mental, full of people too immature to recognise and accept a challenge from the competition without trying to shoot it down.  Slagging off everything that we do is the Hibs way and  I thought we had more class than that but it seems we have just as many morons as they do.

been here before
5 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

A strong Hibs tends to lead to a stronger Hearts.

We welcome the chase.

Straight out of Ibrox.

33 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was indeed.  Midden of a person.

Bringing it up in relation to Farmer because he trusted a predictor and trying to bring Farmer down in any way is disgusting though.  O’Brien hurt a lot of people with the revelations, not just the victims of his horrible crimes.  Thousands upon thousands of people in Edinburgh worshiped the guy. 

Farmer said he was "most likeable" after the facts about O'Brien had been revealed. 

Are you seriously saying that doesn't bring his judgement into question? 

If this does turn into a Hibs.nut style thread (check the link on page 2) who is going to play who? The part of greenginger appears to have been cast so who fancies the other two starring roles?

Not me, I'm going to be the sensible, sane one who points out what a bunch of bitter, deluded, obsessed, yacht sailing bams you all are. It's a new character as no such poster exists on the .nut version.

Brave Hearts
41 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was indeed.  Midden of a person.

Bringing it up in relation to Farmer because he trusted a predictor and trying to bring Farmer down in any way is disgusting though.  O’Brien hurt a lot of people with the revelations, not just the victims of his horrible crimes.  Thousands upon thousands of people in Edinburgh worshiped the guy. 

Well these “thousands of people in Edinburgh who worshipped the guy” should be disgusted at him for his predatory behaviour and his covering up abuse claims within the Church.

Not many of the folk who apparently worshipped him (like Farmer) seem to have denounced him or have been disgusted by his actions. Seems like they felt sorry for him rather than the victims.

1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

Well these “thousands of people in Edinburgh who worshipped the guy” should be disgusted at him for his predatory behaviour and his covering up abuse claims within the Church.

Not many of the folk who apparently worshipped him (like Farmer) seem to have denounced him or have been disgusted by his actions. Seems like they felt sorry for him rather than the victims.

I always thought it was the God who was worshipped, not the punter in the robes.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

So you’re now speaking for thousands of catholics in Edinburgh who are devastated at the actions of the same person while using it as a stick to beat them with yeah?  The majority of the Catholic Church in Edinburgh especially feel let down by a person they worshipped.  I would say they are victims too. 

Inch Hearts
17 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Farmer said he was "most likeable" after the facts about O'Brien had been revealed. 

Are you seriously saying that doesn't bring his judgement into question? 

He was most likeable.  He’s still a predictor beast though.  I’m sure death row inmates have been described the same too. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

So you’re now speaking for thousands of catholics in Edinburgh who are devastated at the actions of the same person while using it as a stick to beat them with yeah?  The majority of the Catholic Church in Edinburgh especially feel let down by a person they worshipped.  I would say they are victims too. 

We're talking about Farmer here. He doesn't seem to be devastated about anything his mate got up to. 

Inch Hearts
28 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

@Inch Hearts continuing his stellar week by defending sexual predators. 

Ooft, a new low.  Even by you.  Report me then wee man. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, iainmac said:

We're talking about Farmer here. He doesn't seem to be devastated about anything his mate got up to. 

That isn’t the case at all. 

WheatfieldWarrior

That is not to say that we can win the championship as it is not so easy, but we need to start making progress. It is a process of going to the next level and the next level after that."

Championship eh? well it did take hibs 3 goes at it last time.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

That isn’t the case at all. 

Which part? 

It doesn't call Farmer's judgement into question? 

He is devastated but decided to call the Cardinal "most likeable" AFTER his behaviour had been uncovered? 

jambo-rocker
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Straight out of Ibrox.

That can't have been pleasant.

Hope you're ok m8. x

43 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Marmalade sandwiches

Ron Paddington promising them marmalade tomorrow. Tom on the way out, Roderick happy that he’s got the SFA gig, Leanne can stay for weeks at the Travel Lodge, all while they’ve sold their soul to some foreign no-mark with debt coverage being about as much as he’s ‘investing’. It’s a heavy fall from that high horse..

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Which part? 

It doesn't call Farmer's judgement into question? 

He is devastated but decided to call the Cardinal "most likeable" AFTER his behaviour had been uncovered? 

In this circumstance, the guy was Farmers hero, closest person to god he knew and knew for 30 years.  I can see why he would have it in him to show forgiveness for his sins and look at the good he done over the years.  This isn’t my opinion of OBrien because I’m not religious and just see him as some guy that used his power to  get away with abusing others but I certainly wouldn’t put anyone who had anything good to say about the guy in the same bracket as the offender himself and I wouldn’t use it as a stick to beat them with.  Farmer was devastated when it broke about O’Brien, farmer himself is a popular person within the faith in Edinburgh and like thousands others of angry people he showed forgiveness in public. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Straight out of Ibrox.

Thought that too, i hate that phrase.

Gilberts Fridge

Apparently Kickback is in meltdown over this, can any one post a link to the all these threads or do I need to spend a tenner. 

Any way, HSL, as I said previously Sir Tom promised them 51% before selling it out from under them, if they've less than 25% shares at the moment then I understand they are effectively worthless with respect to voting rights.

A day after the takeover and no comment on how HSL will be affected going forward, surly this would have been negotiated by Sir Tom and the tache before hand  

Haringshairband
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

In this circumstance, the guy was Farmers hero, closest person to god he knew and knew for 30 years.  I can see why he would have it in him to show forgiveness for his sins and look at the good he done over the years.  This isn’t my opinion of OBrien because I’m not religious and just see him as some guy that used his power to  get away with abusing others but I certainly wouldn’t put anyone who had anything good to say about the guy in the same bracket as the offender himself and I wouldn’t use it as a stick to beat them with. 

Nearly every thread I've been on since I signed up to this forum has been derailed by you. Away and get your hole or something :lol:

Edited by Haringshairband

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Apparently Kickback is in meltdown over this, can any one post a link to the all these threads or do I need to spend a tenner. 

Any way, HSL, as I said previously Sir Tom promised them 51% before selling it out from under them, if they've less than 25% shares at the moment then I understand they are effectively worthless with respect to voting rights.

A day after the takeover and no comment on how HSL will be affected going forward, surly this would have been negotiated by Sir Tom and the tache before hand  

If you want to track HSL's stake in the club, it gives you some of the numbers.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/about-us/

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can we try and move on from the ****ing tragic Farmer/Beast Priest sideshow, and the acts of forgiveness therein? Please.

**** sake. Like reading a Celtic forum.

Amen to that....oops sorry.

6 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

A strong Hibs tends to lead to a stronger Hearts.

We welcome the chase.

Mmmm....let’s not give them too much credit.  

How often are Hibs strong? On the odd occasion we let ourselves slide and they look better than they normally are, we naturally react. However,  over the last 35 or so years we’ve largely never needed Hibs to make ourselves get our act together. 

We’re our own club with our own standards they’ve not been near to replicating consistently. 

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Not sure Motherwell fans agree ?

Or employees of that airline she was at.

WheatfieldWarrior
9 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

This guy generally knows his stuff when it comes to football finances.

80BCAE8D-575E-49B1-8120-F4F975F09472.jpeg

Doesn't sound like the debt-free Hibs lasted long.

At least we all now know where the £50M for McGinn rumours came from - a ploy to get the Hibs sale over the line. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I think I'm right in saying that is a Glazer style leveraged buyout.

This increasingly smells like they have been sold to the first speculative bidder.

Mr Brightside
1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Doesn't sound like the debt-free Hibs lasted long.

At least we all now know where the £50M for McGinn rumours came from - a ploy to get the Hibs sale over the line. 

I guess it’s his way of protecting his upfront investment for a sale in the future.

A mortgage rather than a loan would suggest that there will be scheduled repayments ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I guess it’s his way of protecting his upfront investment for a sale in the future.

A mortgage rather than a loan would suggest that there will be scheduled repayments ?‍♂️

500k a year until he sells.

I hope every club, player and agent Hibs look to negotiate with over the next two months are thinking like the Hibs supporters.....that there is a big fat war chest instantly available.

The player costs will creep up before they know it......

been here before
1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

That can't have been pleasant.

Hope you're ok m8. x

Im nae bother hun x

Shanks said no
19 minutes ago, jackal said:

500k a year until he sells.

And without HSL funding the Ponzi scheme will actually mean they are worse off.

hibsing it again hopefully 

Almost exactly the same as the Glazer deal at Man Utd. Saddle the club with all the debt that was used to buy the club in the first place and pay it off through revenue streams (H1b5 fans) a quite brilliant scheme. Hopefully the start of a spectacular financial collapse beckons. No way they’re paying that off anytime soon with a hardcore of circa 8000 fans. Glorious ???

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

There are always reasons, but it isn't the point - the big headline in papers was debt-free 3 years early - this doesn't look at all like that.

adambraejambo

Is this additional 7 figure sum that going to be invested into Hibs just going to be covered by the mortgage lol. I beginning to like this new guy. 

Scnorthedinburgh
11 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

There are always reasons, but it isn't the point - the big headline in papers was debt-free 3 years early - this doesn't look at all like that.

Their last accounts stated

Fixed assets 24.2 million

Net assets 19.8 million

Cash 4.2 million

Farmer handed that over for less than 6 million.

With the rest looking like a secured loan.

Can understand Budge having a charge as she has handed over a lot of cash and would be stupid not to protect that investment.

But their new guy hasn't handed the club a bean yet?

WheatfieldWarrior

Well this is unravelling nicely.

I look forward to the details coming through in the next few weeks.

Looks like the evening news completely missed this story and could only parrot what was said at the press conference and don't have any analysis of their own.

The latest effort in their on-going campaign to win the bulshitzer prize for journalism.

Scnorthedinburgh
3 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Well this is unravelling nicely.

I look forward to the details coming through in the next few weeks.

Looks like the evening news completely missed this story and could only parrot what was said at the press conference and don't have any analysis of their own.

The latest effort in their on-going campaign to win the bulshitzer prize for journalism.

Boy on Twitter is explaining it to them, they are not for believing.

Interest is 4% above Bank of England base rate.

Sound a bit like the money RBS invested in me when I bought my house.

Jamboelite
10 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Their last accounts stated

Fixed assets 24.2 million

Net assets 19.8 million

Cash 4.2 million

Farmer handed that over for less than 6 million.

With the rest looking like a secured loan.

Can understand Budge having a charge as she has handed over a lot of cash and would be stupid not to protect that investment.

But their new guy hasn't handed the club a bean yet?

Wait Hibs had £4.2m In the bank ? Was their accounts done after their ST sales that year ?

Just trying to reason why you would pay £6m, i assume its cause the cash flow is all preloaded upfront for the coming season for the majority of revenue from ST sales and it wasnt prior to ST revenue for that year otherwise thats incredible healthy.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

His website is pretty interesting but in this case he is wrong. The agreement is in the document provisionally should Hibs borrow from Bydand Sports in the future. That does not say they have already lent Hibs money.  The new owner has paid off the debt Hibs owed Farmer. There (at present) is no debt. If in say a year Hibs borrow £1m from Bydand Sports to build their indoor pitch, then this agreement in these documents simply gives Bydand security over the loan. IT does not mean Hibs owe them any money at present as they do not. 

Apparently the bond and floating charge is "just in case"

Never heard of that before so not sure if its entirely possible. 

Scnorthedinburgh
3 minutes ago, Mikey2690 said:

His website is pretty interesting but in this case he is wrong. The agreement is in the document provisionally should Hibs borrow from Bydand Sports in the future. That does not say they have already lent Hibs money.  The new owner has paid off the debt Hibs owed Farmer. There (at present) is no debt. If in say a year Hibs borrow £1m from Bydand Sports to build their indoor pitch, then this agreement in these documents simply gives Bydand security over the loan. IT does not mean Hibs owe them any money at present as they do not. 

The floating charge has repayment terms and interest.

It's not a bond, it's a repayment system.

1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

The floating charge has repayment terms and interest.

It's not a bond, it's a repayment system.

"A floating charge is a particular type of security, available only to companies. It is an equitable charge on (usually) all the company's assets both present and future, on terms that the company may deal with the assets in the ordinary course of business. Very occasionally the charge is over just a class of the company's assets, such as its stock.

The floating charge is useful for many companies, allowing them to borrow even though they have no specific assets, such as freehold premises, which they can use as security. A floating charge allows all the company's assets, such as stock in trade, plant and machinery, vehicles, etc., to be charged."

So in simple terms, its there if Hibs borrow from them in the future. That does not mean they have already borrowed or are in debt to the new guy.