Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

hearts 4 the cup
24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

But that is the point. We would have to rely on ST sales, Prize money, transfers, selling pies etc., but can we?

There's no guarantee ST sales will stay as they are, all depends on how the football is and they've already dropped a little bit this season alone so that, plus relying on other clubs for big transfer fees, prize money for winning trophies etc.? No guarantees we'll get big fees or prize money anywhere. We just hope we do.

But there’s no guarantee with anything in life never mind the income streams of a football club! What you’ve detailed is a risk for every football club too not just hearts. We need someone at the top with real business acumen (like we have at the moment with AB) to protect us as best as they can if any worse case scenario plays out. 

If i was you though I’d focus on the here and now, be proud of where we are as a club at this moment in time, all of us should be 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adambraejambo
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

"what makes you think that is likely to happen" "steady for the last half a decade"

And what about 10/20/30 years down the line?

Are you actually for real? Or is it a wind-up? Ok, so to put it in simple terns.... see when yir deid or when other investors die, can ye invest? Or ye loose yir job and ye cannae afford it, are ye still gonnae invest? jeezo!

Once we fan owned. If we all stop Foh we live within our budget after season ticket sales, league money and tv money . Same if we have no secret benefactor. Worst case scenario we can't afford a Naismith or a Washington we just spend what we can afford same as Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs basically every single team in Scotland apart from the Rangers Obv. If teams like Motherwell and Hamilton can survive I'm sure we would have no problems. Our problems under Mercer/Robinson came down to us spending cash we couldn't cover. As long as we fan owned I don't think we will ever go down that road again. 

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

"what makes you think that is likely to happen" "steady for the last half a decade"

Are you actually for real? Or is it a wind-up? Ok, so to put it in simple terns.... see when yir deid or when other investors die, can ye invest? Or ye loose yir job and ye cannae afford it, are ye still gonnae invest? jeezo!

It will go on the same way Hearts, and every other football club, have survived since the 19th century. Generation after generation of supporters backing the club. 

In addition to ST's and other monies the foundation cash is now a mainstay of Heart of Midlothian's present and future. None of us live forever but those we leave behind will carry on this new tradition. 

I guarantee it. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

"Waur gonnae fill in the corners at Easter Road and challenge the old firm likes. We've been doing it fir years".

After you with the crack matey

The guy literally just said that he will no be investing any extra funds on players also as he is happy with the budget.

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

What you said though is we will need outside investment. 

You assume that is the model of rich people putting money in. The model in most of England just now. That model lead to Hearts and other clubs like Motherwell, Dundee and Livingston going out of business. So it's not a model we will be following. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Italian Lambretta

STV just interviewed a whole lot of junkies outside easter road. 

One of them said: wi the guy taking over we might become one of the big clubs in embra. ???

Then followed a massive backtrack once the clown realised what he had just said??

Edited by Italian Lambretta

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, but FoH is over and above what we generate as a business. If FoH stopped (it won’t) then we’d just be exactly where we are right now, and like most other clubs, living off what we generate as a business/football club. You then switched to what happens if fans stop buying season tickets... well clearly the same as if fans of any club stopped buying season tickets. 

I’m struggling to grasp what you are so worried about, and why you think we need more investment. ??‍♂️

Did you think FoH were propping us up in terms of wages etc?

Not worried, just wanting the club to be competitive and not just happy sitting about in mid-table forever more. You have a good team the fans will continue buying ST's.

"why do you think we need more investment"

To afford better quality players in the team and get bigger transfer fees in future by selling down south. Getting players good enough for the national squad. To compete for this prize money folk have been going on about. You won't win Cups or prize money if you don't invest. And before anyone bangs on again about a Romanov type that killed the club....that's not what i'm saying as that was just ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ronald Trump 

it will all end in tears

I've already done the "WE TOLD YOU SO" bedsheet.

So an American business man with no links to hibs (that I’ve seen) has bought them as he likes football. Does anyone really think this guy is about to pump millions into them? To catch the old firm you’d need about 5million on players right now and that’s no guarantee you’d actually win the league, so next season another 5mil minimum all the while Celtic can match that without opening the biscuit tin. Not a chance Celtic will give up their champions league spot.. they’ll just use that cash to out spend anyone else. 

Give it 3 seasons of throwing money away and this guy will stop and hibs will be left with a huge wage bill and no additional cash.

Whats more likely is he’ll operate like Anne Budge and have them living within their means, with no FoH or secret investors they’ll be no difference to where they are now. 

Funny when we were bought by a banker/businessman, the Hobos said we had sold our soul. After scrounging of the generosity of TF for years they are now doing exactly the same. Apparently they are now odds on to win the SPFL. Ms Dumpster  is still there to fulfil the vision but TF and the Tache have wisely done a runner with a bag of cash. Our club will soon be fan owned while the Celtic tribute act in Leith  will be still be followed by a ragged arsed rabble.

I have no idea what safeguards might be in place, but say Hibs pocketed 5m from  a McGinn sale, would be able to just trouser it?

Leveins Battalion

As a side note does anybody know if Bydand Sports Llc are affiliated to Bydand real estate investments whom I believe Ron Gordon's son is an executive???

When Tom Farmer was interviewed he admitted his preference would of been a local businessman from leith 

25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Not worried, just wanting the club to be competitive and not just happy sitting about in mid-table forever more. You have a good team the fans will continue buying ST's.

To afford better quality players in the team and get bigger transfer fees in future by selling down south. Getting players good enough for the national squad. To compete for this prize money folk have been going on about. You won't win Cups or prize money if you don't invest. And before anyone bangs on again about a Romanov type that killed the club....that's not what i'm saying as that was just ridiculous.  

WE. ARE. INVESTING. 

What do you think the FoH money is? 

28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

And before anyone bangs on again about a Romanov type that killed the club....that's not what i'm saying as that was just ridiculous.  

At this moment in time, we don’t even know if this guy is going to come close to what Romanov put in to us.

Wants to "add value" to the business.

There will be NOTHING in the way of a significant investment into the player budget.   No big transfer fees.   No big wages.    It's about restructuring the finances and building infrastructure as a short term project to sell the equity at a profit.

That's the best case scenario for them.    It could be much worse.    

Nucky Thompson
37 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The guy literally just said that he will no be investing any extra funds on players also as he is happy with the budget.

That's what I saw too

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As a side note does anybody know if Bydand Sports Llc are affiliated to Bydand real estate investments whom I believe Ron Gordon's son is an executive???

Wow mate. You’ve done some digging.............:vrface:

26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Do you think Jackson is Ron's son. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

Wow mate. You’ve done some digging.............:vrface:

Buy and sell buy and sell nothing to see here.

Finlay James
39 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So an American business man with no links to hibs (that I’ve seen) has bought them as he likes football. Does anyone really think this guy is about to pump millions into them? To catch the old firm you’d need about 5million on players right now and that’s no guarantee you’d actually win the league, so next season another 5mil minimum all the while Celtic can match that without opening the biscuit tin. Not a chance Celtic will give up their champions league spot.. they’ll just use that cash to out spend anyone else. 

Give it 3 seasons of throwing money away and this guy will stop and hibs will be left with a huge wage bill and no additional cash.

Whats more likely is he’ll operate like Anne Budge and have them living within their means, with no FoH or secret investors they’ll be no difference to where they are now. 

Spot on, there's really nothing to see

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I have no idea what safeguards might be in place, but say Hibs pocketed 5m from  a McGinn sale, would be able to just trouser it?

CAN PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS JOHN MCGINN PISH!!!!

Thanks ?

49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:greatpost:

Edited by goldie83

Few people writing on the same train of thought as myself. This will make the slightest of difference on the grand scale of things! He’ll maybe throw them a bag of cash for grass seed, soap and the odd corner flag but inevitably he’ll get bored and leave them in a hole and they’ll be wishing they had big Rod and Farmer back!! Brilliant! HHGH!

Edited by goldie83
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wants to "add value" to the business.

There will be NOTHING in the way of a significant investment into the player budget.   No big transfer fees.   No big wages.    It's about restructuring the finances and building infrastructure as a short term project to sell the equity at a profit.

That's the best case scenario for them.    It could be much worse.    

Next project for FoH. Make him a decent offer for his shares and finish the job started by the mighty Wallace. Sell Easter Road for flats and a branch of Tesco. All proceeds to the big team.

Why not? Hibs have sold their souls for foreign cash. He'll want rid of them at some point (probably sooner rather than later). That's when it will all end in their tears and snotters. At least their snotters will be invisible on their snot rag strips.

Lovely stuff. 

12 minutes ago, JyTees said:

CAN PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS JOHN MCGINN PISH!!!!

Thanks ?

Please read it again.  The word ,"say" is critical.  

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Honestly how many times do you need it to be explained? It’s frightening 

Unknown user

The guy's already says he wants them living within their means, they're not going to go all man city on us!

Man up jkb, **** hibs, they're shite on our shoe, always will be. 

Leveins Battalion
19 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Few people writing on the same train of thought as myself. This will make the slightest of difference on the grand scale of things! He’ll maybe throw them a bag of cash for grass seed, soap and the odd corner flag but inevitably he’ll get bored and leave them in a hole and they’ll be wishing they had big Rod and Farmer back!! Brilliant! HHGH!

Yip

I am utterly flabbergasted to learn that some jkbs have allowed concerns and insecurities about what Hibs aren't going to achieve to manifest themselves as unwarranted criticism of what Hearts are well on the road to actually achieving.     

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, jambo19 said:

I may have missed it but what does it mean for the hsl scheme? Were they not looking to be fan owned? 

It looks likely that the £38.43 already raised will be returned to the 50 supporters who donated it. 

Biffa Bacon

A BUSINESSMAN invests some money into a business....

The deal eliminates mortgage debt of around £3m, with a "seven-figure cash injection" to come from Gordon.

So he has stumped up £4M+, now what does he expect in return? I would guess £4M+, if he was just making a donation, he could have given his cash to anyone, and not travelled across the Atlantic do it. But of course it is not a donation, because he is a Businessman. He wants the fans on board, well that is a no brainer as their cash is needed to sustain His Company. He might have a brilliant plan make a success and everyone down Easter Road way is happy... or he might just be like every other investor into Hibs and most other clubs thinking that they have the answer to great achievements..... history tells us that reality seldom lives up to the ambition.

Doesn't sound that he's going to pump in more cash to the playing squad, unless he's just being cagey with media.

Haringshairband

Do they just try to copy everything we do? Attempt at a version of FoH, unknown banker buys them. Ok not in the same order but hopefully they end up in administration :lol:

Tom Farmer is an old man in his twilight years.  He has done the right thing...finding someone to takeover from him. Don’t expect much to change apart from H1B5 fans dream of ownership is dead. 

Edited by McCrae

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

STV just interviewed a whole lot of junkies outside easter road. 

One of them said: wi the guy taking over we might become one of the big clubs in embra. ???

Then followed a massive backtrack once the clown realised what he had just said??

Noticed that too.

To be fair most of them were on their way back from the chemist shop and therefore heavily medicated.

the general
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll see what happens. 

There was a good article in the Herald a few weeks ago basically saying that every team in Scotland was vulnerable to an American take over. The EPL not viable 

36 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Please read it again.  The word ,"say" is critical.  

Your post gives the nonsense a shred of credence. This ridiculous rumour deserves nothing but ridicule.

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, the general said:

There was a good article in the Herald a few weeks ago basically saying that every team in Scotland was vulnerable to an American take over. The EPL not viable 

Apart from us

:verysmug:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

So farmer and petrie have finally found someone dumb enough to buy them out 

That certainly took a while, given he's basically been open to offers since the day he took over!

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll see what happens. 

Yup exactly. Too early to say one way or another where Hibs will go except that its good news that they get investment and debts cleared. 

I cant see the owner throwing millions at them to use on the transfer budget. It would be unsustainable, so makes sense for them to do it the same way as we have, building up the infrastructure, building the academy. One area they could follow us in is investing in the womens team as they position at the very top of Scottish Womens football is at risk as other clubs are putting investment behind their sides and their manager was calling out for this a few weeks back.

As for more Americans in Scottish football, its certainly interesting. Now Hibs, Dundee and Dundee United are owned by Americans, Aberdeen has investors from America putting money in. Hearts global youth initative program is not just to get more American players but also to open up new investment/sponsorship opportunities over there.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

It is an interesting one. It's not like a Fergus McCann or even a Budge who takes over when the club is in a bad way or getting back on its feet. It does sound more like a business as usual handover with a bit of cash thrown at the team or infrastructure in the short term by the new owner to curry favour with the support. If they intended any more they would have promoted that more, especially with STs to sell.

So putting rivalry asidenot the worst outcome for Hibs (unless you were a Hibs fan who wanted fan ownership of course) but it's unlikely to transform their fortunes. And there will always be a long-term worry about who will take over when this guy leaves.

If I was a Hibee though I'd just be delighted to be shot of Petrie - took them from self-proclaimed "best run club in Scotland" to 3 years in the Championship, all self-inflicted (with some help from us).

Spellczech
44 minutes ago, the general said:

National Scotch World Series of Soccer League here we come!!!