Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay

I wonder where this leaves HSL. Now this has happened more Hibs supporters than ever will not see a need for HSL and I personally believe this will be a big mistake on their part.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder where this leaves HSL. Now this has happened more Hibs supporters than ever will not see a need for HSL and I personally believe this will be a big mistake on their part.

It possibly reflects the failure of HSL, certainly compared with similar schemes at Hearts and Motherwell. In an ideal world they would have been able to be majority fan owned like us and then welcome someone like this guy to invest if he wanted. I suspect it is harder to attract foreign investment though if they're not going to be in total control, which is in itself a red flag against that approach.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Investing in Scottish football is a bit of a mugs game. The SFA/SPFLs inability in securing comparative parity with any serious leagues commercial deal in Europe pretty much ensures every non-OF club is sifting through bargain basement and cast offs.

That means the margins clubs have are tiny. This new fella is already £6m to the worse (You'd honestly have thought Farmer might have just done the decent thing and handed the club into what you might describe as 'good hands'). Any money he plugs in, he will not see back. 

Lets say he tries to recover that £6m, at £500k a season thats 12 years (Thats about how much Farmer was fleecing off them yeah?), Any more and that figure just keeps going up. Thats assuming he's here to make money, if not then fair play to him but with no emotional tie to the club, I can't see this being anymore than a plaything much like Vlad.  

Dear Mr Gustas,

after Hibernian went into receivership, then under Saint Thomas Of Farmer they ripped off the British taxpayer and left millions of children dependent on food banks, then failed to put more than pocket change into a copy of the incredibly successful Foundation Of Hearts, they have now sold their soul to a faceless, asset-stripping investor allegedly called ‘Ron’, can they please be put out of their misery. 

Yours, all Scottish taxpayers (and Rudolph Skacel). 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Investing in Scottish football is a bit of a mugs game. The SFA/SPFLs inability in securing comparative parity with any serious leagues commercial deal in Europe pretty much ensures every non-OF club is sifting through bargain basement and cast offs.

That means the margins clubs have are tiny. This new fella is already £6m to the worse (You'd honestly have thought Farmer might have just done the decent thing and handed the club into what you might describe as 'good hands'). Any money he plugs in, he will not see back. 

Lets say he tries to recover that £6m, at £500k a season thats 12 years (Thats about how much Farmer was fleecing off them yeah?), Any more and that figure just keeps going up. Thats assuming he's here to make money, if not then fair play to him but with no emotional tie to the club, I can't see this being anymore than a plaything much like Vlad.  

The problem is you have to invest every season. It's not like you throw "7 figures" at the team when you arrive and that's it. That'll be eaten up in one season with no guarantee that it'll be reflected in the team's fortunes, especially in our league.

You can pay more wages, but then you need to keep paying more wages, agents find out and all of a sudden every player you want to sign asks for more. We saw that first hand. You can pay transfer fees but that's a lottery at this level, especially when a League Two player is 350k. And again you have to keep doing it every year.

If he's any sense he'll put it into their youth system so they could see some long term benefit. That seems to have ground to a halt. Where he invests it will be a good indicator of his intentions.

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Dear Mr Gustas,

after Hibernian went into receivership, then under Saint Thomas Of Farmer they ripped off the British taxpayer and left millions of children dependent on food banks, then failed to put more than pocket change into a copy of the incredibly successful Foundation Of Hearts, they have now sold their soul to a faceless, asset-stripping investor allegedly called ‘Ron’, can they please be put out of their misery. 

Yours, all Scottish taxpayers (and Rudolph Skacel). 

:yas:

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Makes him sound half decent. 

Hibs TV in Spanish, FC Drogadicto uno - FC Corazones cinqo.

Scorchio.

Edited by Sraman

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good times

Mate, thanks ever so much for posting that!! I’ve had a terrible day but that just cheered me up no end! “We’re nearly at 1000 supporters now” was by far the best line!! ?????

Who in their right mind would buy a huge chunk of an ‘ Edinboro ‘ postcode for a paltry £3.8 million? Step forward Ron Burgundy. H1b5 will have a new Echodome somewhere around Fort Kinnaird in 10yrs ?

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Noticed that too.

To be fair most of them were on their way back from the chemist shop and therefore heavily medicated.

Messi and Ronaldo, in green with white sleeves, thrashing Hearts in a Cup final will be the goto when the needle hits the spot this evening.

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The problem is you have to invest every season. It's not like you throw "7 figures" at the team when you arrive and that's it. That'll be eaten up in one season with no guarantee that it'll be reflected in the team's fortunes, especially in our league.

You can pay more wages, but then you need to keep paying more wages, agents find out and all of a sudden every player you want to sign asks for more. We saw that first hand. You can pay transfer fees but that's a lottery at this level, especially when a League Two player is 350k. And again you have to keep doing it every year.

If he's any sense he'll put it into their youth system so they could see some long term benefit. That seems to have ground to a halt. Where he invests it will be a good indicator of his intentions.

Very true, I suppose within youth development that offers the greatest possible returns. Prize money in Scottish football is basically null, the odds of finishing top 2 are incredibly low with the huns now in the picture. That means that champions league money isn't possible, and Europa League qualification is pretty much impossible due to qualifiers (and the likelihood of hitting an english club in the final round).

Speculative punts on older players (Like Amankwaa, or El Hass) are too costly where as kids you can pay a couple hundred a week until they prove themselves and then probably punt them. Take that lad of ours that buggered off down south to Brighton, we got £350k and he hadn't played a first team game. Sell on fees too can net clubs a pretty penny. If McGinn does somehow go for £50m and hibs have a 20% sell on fee... well. Thats significant. 

Rocky jamboa

I dont see why the hobos are so chuffed about this. Doesn't seem to have any link to football, or knowledge, from hearing him speak earlier, let alone hibs. 

They think they will all of a sudden be spending millions on players but all hes talking about is indoor training facilities and getting a youth set up. We're only really starting to see any benefits of that now, after 5 years! 

One good thing for them is getting rid of that clown petrie. 

Groatallar
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Do they just try to copy everything we do? Attempt at a version of FoH, unknown banker buys them. Ok not in the same order but hopefully they end up in administration :lol:

I'd like them to go a step further - altogether now Methil no more, Hibees no more 

FTH

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

I'd like them to go a step further - altogether now Methil no more, Hibees no more 

FTH

Can't wait to start sending FOI requests and write to the president about tax payers money being wasted.

I get the feeling that petrie and farmer have bailed in a hurry. 

It just all seems a bit out of the blue. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Very true, I suppose within youth development that offers the greatest possible returns. Prize money in Scottish football is basically null, the odds of finishing top 2 are incredibly low with the huns now in the picture. That means that champions league money isn't possible, and Europa League qualification is pretty much impossible due to qualifiers (and the likelihood of hitting an english club in the final round).

Speculative punts on older players (Like Amankwaa, or El Hass) are too costly where as kids you can pay a couple hundred a week until they prove themselves and then probably punt them. Take that lad of ours that buggered off down south to Brighton, we got £350k and he hadn't played a first team game. Sell on fees too can net clubs a pretty penny. If McGinn does somehow go for £50m and hibs have a 20% sell on fee... well. Thats significant. 

I think this is why our strategy is youth (and coach) development and even if we pay fees, we try to pay for young players we think we can improve (even if it's not really worked yet). The 350k Hibs paid for Doidge (at least now we know how they could afford that) is surprising party because of his age. There's virtually no chance of recouping that unless he is a big success and leaves after a season.

Pants Shaton

Serious question and I’m looking for genuine answers - what is this guy’s motivation?  

Why has he bought Hibs?

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Never said anyone is going to suddenly stop. All I was saying that for the various reasons I posted (not typing them out again) life happens, situations out-with their control happen and not everyone will be able to afford investment forever more.

I would rather hang my hat on 8000 Hearts fans continuing to invest in the running of the club than some unknown foreign businessman with no emotional connection to the club.

Good luck to Hibs but it's not for us and there is no way this deal could have been imposed on Hearts without the fans approval. 

That is the way things should be .

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Serious question and I’m looking for genuine answers - what is this guy’s motivation?  

Why has he bought Hibs?

I'm completely baffled too. He doesn't seem a daft man, so he obviously thinks he can make money here. I just don't see how. The only way I can see of making money in Scottish football is developing a first rate youth system. That would mean spending big on getting the right guys in the door to coach the kids, but that neglects the first team. 

He's in for a ride, thats for sure. 

queensferryjambo
16 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Why has he bought Hibs?

He cannot afford a club in any other league and genuinely Scotland is one of the easiest leagues in Europe to get into European places if you invest in a team. You could spend £100 million + in some leagues and get nowhere.

Romanov had the same plan and almost done it when trying to get Hearts in Champions league. You get in the Champions league you get real cash.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Why has he bought Hibs?

HIs answer on telly sounded very like Romanov's - "Was looking for a football club," which didn't actually answer the question! Of course he's also just bought a large piece of real estate in a capital city. Well, Leith. I'm also mystified why these Americans are looking for football clubs, especially in Scotland. Is there some sort of tax break? Or maybe he likes golf? It could be as simple as "Other very rich Americans are doing it". As for his reception down Leith, he obviously didn't watch that scene in the pub in Trainspotting!

Anyhow, looking forward to Hibs rebranding and new Hibs logo. American sports teams love to mess around with that stuff.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Do they just try to copy everything we do? Attempt at a version of FoH, unknown banker buys them. Ok not in the same order but hopefully they end up in administration :lol:

Now they want an under cover training facility and a youth set up!! ??

19 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Why has he bought Hibs?

Total guess because I’ve not been paying full attention as I don’t give a f^^^....

Powers at Hibs have sought an avenue to get out as they’ve had enough.  Farmer brokers a deal (involving the debt) after getting to this guy through a friend of a friend of a friend due to business contacts.  

That’s it.  FTH

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm completely baffled too. He doesn't seem a daft man, so he obviously thinks he can make money here. I just don't see how. The only way I can see of making money in Scottish football is developing a first rate youth system. That would mean spending big on getting the right guys in the door to coach the kids, but that neglects the first team. 

He's in for a ride, thats for sure. 

I assume he just wants the prestige of owning a big club, albeit one that plays in a goldfish bowl in Scotland. You'd have to buy a middling Championship club in England to make money, but it would cost more and probably fail burn a whole in your pocket. For every Burnley there's two Boltons.  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

“II only came in for a  £15 puncture repair and your telling me my suspension needs a complete over haul and it will cost me £500 before I can drive it!?” A well known Farmer autocare response.

Heard his staff are not that complimentary of him either.

NaturalOrder74

Still fully expect to take the full 9 points off them this season (12 if they scrape the top 6) don’t let the smokescreen fool you from their mediocre signings 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One area they could follow us in is investing in the womens team as they position at the very top of Scottish Womens football is at risk as other clubs are putting investment behind their sides and their manager was calling out for this a few weeks back.

Lets hope they do. A complete waste of money that has no chance of making any money for the club. 

Spellczech
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I assume he just wants the prestige of owning a big club, albeit one that plays in a goldfish bowl in Scotland. You'd have to buy a middling Championship club in England to make money, but it would cost more and probably fail burn a whole in your pocket. For every Burnley there's two Boltons.  

I think only one or two Championship teams make money and they are the ones not chasing the Premiership. Average losses are £16m I think Talksport said...

Libertarian
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Apart from us

:verysmug:

We should still be open to investment from outside sources.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

He cannot afford a club in any other league and genuinely Scotland is one of the easiest leagues in Europe to get into European places if you invest in a team. You could spend £100 million + in some leagues and get nowhere.

Romanov had the same plan and almost done it when trying to get Hearts in Champions league. You get in the Champions league you get real cash.

That was more achievable when we had two place. Now you need both of the OF to fail. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think only one or two Championship teams make money and they are the ones not chasing the Premiership. Average losses are £16m I think Talksport said...

Well, exactly, but if they get promoted they get £50m so they keep burning cash. 

rick witter

Depends how much money this guy has and if he really wants to try and achieve something with Hibs because he will need a hell of a lot of cash. 

Looks a great investment for them though on paper to get the debt clear and a 7 figure sum aswell. 

While I have the greatest respect and admiration for our eastern friends, I hope this guy robs them blind.

They've got form.  Remember the golden generation who, like Raith and Livingston, won the league cup?  What happened to all the transfer fee cash for them.

Trip to Harrods for the Mrss petrie and farmer.

Just had a browse through hobonet and they've got their "Europa Cup" money spent already...?

Wait... He is clearing their debt? 

Debt? 

But aren't they the model club, run on a sound footing and Rod Petrie was "balancing the books" 

Bunch of shitehawks FTH

Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, farin said:

Wouldn’t buy a used car from any of them . 

0504081F-8C25-4690-AEB2-6CE11F20790C.jpeg.fe8473b573b788f8cf38f20eaf635f1f.jpeg

The boy on the right looks trustworthy.

gorgie rd eh11

Genuinely happier to be in our position than theirs.

The hypocrisy that will spill out of hibs soccer club in the near future will be fun.

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great day for Hibs and their fans. Debt free and a new owner willing to invest in players. We need to up the ante in order to keep pace with them before we even think about Aberdeen and Rangers.

:rofl:

At least try hide it, chief. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Although obviously concerned with the hibs new owners investment we must try and compete the best we can and stay positive I know it may be hard at this moment and time

:rofl:another belter. 

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

They'll be buoyant as woukd we have been in their situation but I really think he'll get bored very shortly and not be arsed. No doubt Budge will have a nice welcome gift ready waiting for him comimg out the conference though.

Jambojay84
11 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He has no idea where he is or why he is there.

Neither do her yaks !!!

Jambof3tornado

Good for them.

Now lets put them back in their place by beating them every time we can next season!

FTH

Bridge of Djoum
32 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dear Mr Morgan... I write... 

“Gordon”.

D’oh! 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Total guess because I’ve not been paying full attention as I don’t give a f^^^....

Powers at Hibs have sought an avenue to get out as they’ve had enough.  Farmer brokers a deal (involving the debt) after getting to this guy through a friend of a friend of a friend due to business contacts.  

That’s it.  FTH

Agreed. FTH