Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

Leveins Battalion

Anybody else sick of hearing about Hibs yet?Camon Hearts give us some good news about a signing or something,bored to tears here.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what I can gather the new bloke in Leith sold his business for about $75m and bought Hibs, so his wealth is comparable to Mrs Budge. If it means that us and them are on a comparable footing financially then I'm not complaining. Expectations will be running high though and they still have it all to do. Looking forward to the next derby already.....!....?

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So much for them being debt free (or at least not for long).

A floating charge security has been lodged with Companies House in favour of the lender Bydand Sports LLC.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005323/filing-history

image.jpeg.81298e97d31139d4d45633730bf53c05.jpeg

:interehjrling:

There is not a chance that this chap is some sort of football mad philanthropist in my opinion. He will be looking to make back every penny that he puts in to the club, through a salary, potentially loan interest, and I suspect a cut of transfer fees.

We shall see though...

@Footballfirst your hobby is football finance, you have said on here before, I am sure. I am no expert in such matters. Far from it in fact. Two things, I'd like your opinion on if you don't mind:

What do you think the floating charge is for?

I think he is interested in making money from transfer fees, and sees investing in their academy as the best way to do this. If he has taken over the mortgage on the academy and bought Rod and Tom out of the club, does he now own the company that owns Hibs, and also separately own the academy, as opposed to Hibs (the club) owning it?

Cheers.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

@Footballfirst your hobby is football finance, you have said on here before, I am sure. I am no expert in such matters. Far from it in fact. Two things, I'd like your opinion on if you don't mind:

What do you think the floating charge is for?

I think he is interested in making money from transfer fees, and sees investing in their academy as the best way to do this. If he has taken over the mortgage on the academy and bought Rod and Tom out of the club, does he now own the company that owns Hibs, and also separately own the academy, as opposed to Hibs (the club) owning it?

Cheers.

I'm sure that the Floating Charge will be dressed up as making provision for any future loan facility provided by Ron Gordon, but isn't actually required at the moment (unless his "seven figure" cash investment is in the form of a loan).

Ann Budge has an equivalent FC over Hearts assets to cover her lending.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Bydand has taken over the company HFC Holdings (Hibs parent company), so I would take it in good faith that Bydand has just acquired the Hibs shares held by HFC.   

I'd expect a few more documents to appear at Companies House over the next few days or weeks, which should confirm the change of ownership.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think we should bury our heads.

Aberdeen Hibs and even Killie through Billy Bowie all investing. We need to keep working hard 

Totally agree.  We’ve lost our snarl recently. We need it back from top to bottom.

54 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A floating charge security has been lodged with Companies House in favour of the lender Bydand Sports LLC.

So he’s planning to fund their domination of world football through a loan? 

Unknown user

11 hours ago, JackLadd said:

We were crippled in debt when Vlad came along. Vlad transferred it to his bank, £10m if I recall. 

More like double that

Dallas Green
19 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I've not read a whole lot about it, but the talk of a £6m investment, will that not just be the cost of buying the club, paying off their debts etc? I doubt it'll be a £6m transfer fund. 

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

I would assume that's for the debt and shares. 

Otherwise he would be shelling out over £10 million for the club and a transfer budget. I just can't see that.

'Astute businessman buys tin pot Scottish football club'

Not that ******* astute then 

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

(unless his "seven figure" cash investment is in the form of a loan).

:interehjrling:

I think it's all starting to make a bit more sense now. :D

Scnorthedinburgh
48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm sure that the Floating Charge will be dressed up as making provision for any future loan facility provided by Ron Gordon, but isn't actually required at the moment (unless his "seven figure" cash investment is in the form of a loan).

Ann Budge has an equivalent FC over Hearts assets to cover her lending.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Bydand has taken over the company HFC Holdings (Hibs parent company), so I would take it in good faith that Bydand has just acquired the Hibs shares held by HFC.   

I'd expect a few more documents to appear at Companies House over the next few days or weeks, which should confirm the change of ownership.

FF

I notice over 4 million pounds of shares moved on the 26th.

Could that be the transfer of HFC Holdings?

Just now, sac said:

He’ll scoop McGinn’s sell on fee when he goes to Man U for £50m?

Sometimes the truth is told in jest... I don't see McGinn going to that club for that fee, but... if you were going to try and make money in Scottish Football, then the only way i can see it happening, is through a percentage of transfer fees. Like how Stephen Thomson at Dundee United snatched back his inheritance, with a bit of help from wee Jackie.

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

THE Hibernian Football Club.   A bit like THE Spartans Football Club or THE Edinburgh Academy or THE Rangers Football Club.

Was there a definitive article when they used to be called Hibernians?

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Just watched Dempster's interview regarding foreign investment in Scottish football.

While very good at her job obviously, is it just me or does she sound like a bumbling mess when she talks? If it wasn't for the subtitles I genuinely think I'd struggle to piece together what she's trying to say.

Not sure Motherwell fans agree ?

Hearts Heritage
3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

THE Hibernian Football Club.   A bit like THE Spartans Football Club or THE Edinburgh Academy or THE Rangers Football Club.

Was there a definitive article when they used to be called Hibernians?

1888031720.jpg

From 1888

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

FF

I notice over 4 million pounds of shares moved on the 26th.

Could that be the transfer of HFC Holdings?

Where are you getting that figure from?

A document lodged at Companies House on 26 June notified the latest issue of new shares (820k) which will have been taken up be HSL. Other than that I'm unaware of anything involving 4m shares.

Disco Dave
18 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Hibs statement. 

Ron’s company acquiring the shares in the Club held by HFC holdings Limited and making a further cash investment in the Club.  

- Sir Tom and Ron worked together in the transaction to eliminate the Club’s mortgage debt

- The Club is now debt free, six years ahead of plan

- Ron is making a seven-figure cash injection to the Club

- HFC Holdings has transferred the Ticket Office and 15 acres of land at HTC to the Club

It's unclear from that whether the 7 figure cash injection includes paying off the debt. 

He is now on record as saying he wants to build and indoor facility and upgrade/improve the academy. That could easily take a seven figure sum. 

@Footballfirst

I note this says HFC holdings have handed over the ticket office and training ground. Presumably the stadium is part of the deal somewhere too?

Bull's-eye

Which one of the posters on this page is Sirgay?

It's got to be one of you.

hughesie27

With all due respect FF I'm going to wait until someone brings up the Floating Charge on .net to find out the real facts.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

From what I can gather the new bloke in Leith sold his business for about $75m and bought Hibs, so his wealth is comparable to Mrs Budge. If it means that us and them are on a comparable footing financially then I'm not complaining. Expectations will be running high though and they still have it all to do. Looking forward to the next derby already.....!....?

This would mean he has put 10% of his estimated liquid cash wealth into Hibs for no admitted return ??‍♂️

He he ain’t gonna pit much more in as he has a relatively small pot to piss out of and returns from Scottish football is **** all.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

@Footballfirst

I note this says HFC holdings have handed over the ticket office and training ground. Presumably the stadium is part of the deal somewhere too?

The club already owned the stadium.

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Have you heard something re Ronnie ?

Nope,  paid no attention to him whatsoever. 

I'm simply calling into question Farmer's ability be a good judge of character. If he's prepared to describe someone who was a sexual predator and abuse his senior position in the church to carry out his crimes as "likeable",  I'm not too sure he'd be that fussed who he sold Hibs to in order to get his money back. 

Edited by iainmac

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure Motherwell fans agree ?

Don't they? I thought she was well respected there.

To be honest, she has been good for Hibs. I say that through severely gritted teeth.

18 minutes ago, farin said:

Wonder if he regrets that now?. Odd thing to say about a monster tbh. 

He was sticking up for his mate  - and quite prepared to overlook his criminal behaviour. 

Tells you something about Farmer. 

10 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Well out of order.  O’Brien was well loved by many innocent people in Edinburgh and left devastated what came out.

The yank has nothing to gain buying them.  I think he will sell the barn and build a golf course and a hotel.  Seeing Farmer the way he is is personally upsetting knowing how good he is to the catholic community but he needed to sell now as his kids didn’t want to be left with that shitty mess of a club. 

Out of order? 

O'brien was left devastated? 

Hopefully the "innocent people" changed their views on the Cardinal when they found out what he was up to. 

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Don't they? I thought she was well respected there.

To be honest, she has been good for Hibs. I say that through severely gritted teeth.

Many Motherwell fans I know (too many unfortunately) are split as she focussed on the first XI then the drop off was massive and the finances weren’t great and the club wasn’t left in a great place. The current incumbent is incredibly well respected though.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Many Motherwell fans I know (too many unfortunately) are split as she focussed on the first XI then the drop off was massive and the finances weren’t great and the club wasn’t left in a great place. The current incumbent is incredibly well respected though.

Can maybe see some comparisons there with Hibs regarding the first team. The academy seems to be a shadow of itself in recent years. Don't think many Hibs fans have a lot of faith in the development staff. For a club that brags about it's academy, I can only think of Porteous and Shaw who have come through in recent seasons.

All this said, perhaps I'm giving Dempster too much credit. I personally think anyone would've made some difference at Hibs. Pre 2015, if there was a club that really needed freshened up in the boardroom, it was them.

1 hour ago, His name is said:

I'm compiling emails to the Peruvian government as we speak... 

?   I'm sure there is a draft somewhere that you could borrow. 

40 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sometimes the truth is told in jest... I don't see McGinn going to that club for that fee, but... if you were going to try and make money in Scottish Football, then the only way i can see it happening, is through a percentage of transfer fees. Like how Stephen Thomson at Dundee United snatched back his inheritance, with a bit of help from wee Jackie.

I think Ashley at Newcastle has been creaming off the sky money for the past three seasons. He’ll have a way of making something for himself I’m sure. Good luck to him but I hope there is tears 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This thread is too Hibs for me in too many ways. I suppose I am contributing to it, but really, its not a good look this one

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This thread is too Hibs for me in too many ways. I suppose I am contributing to it, but really, its not a good look this one

Nah, until someone sends off for a Freedom of information request, or actively attempts to cause them financial issues/shut them down, then it's just a way of passing the time. Only natural that people would be curious about what this takeover will entail. They are our city neighbours after all.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In what way? 

I think this is the problem with things at the moment with no debate. Polarised thinking is making everything tiresome. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

So he’s planning to fund their domination of world football through a loan? 

It's the model at Chelsea for example

Owe Abramovich over £1 billion. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah. The last few pages have been better. The vermin from earlier have disappeared and there appears to be more ‘bite’ amongst the posters who are contributing.

I suspect that trend to continue as we hear more about this character.

FTH

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In what way? 

I think this is the problem with things at the moment with no debate. Polarised thinking is making everything tiresome. 

I couldn't give a shit about it, kind of a way :)

They are the shit off our  shoes, but have 15 pages. Should end at 1 5 pages :)

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I couldn't give a shit about it, kind of a way :)

They are the shit off our  shoes, but have 15 pages. Should end at 1 5 pages :)

I understand that. 

I’m personally enjoying the hibs fans I know get all excited. They’re all for a foreign owner and living beyond their means. This has all the ingredients to be an absolute disaster for them. They are the biggest set of delusional ****wits that follow a club. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The club already owned the stadium.

I thought they were paying ground rent to uncle Tom......!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He is ‘high up’ in the Bank so his bank could earn money out of this with interest payments etc.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I thought they were paying ground rent to uncle Tom......!

They rented the ticket office for £24,000 per annum, which will be another saving along with the mortgage. They may have to pay extra in rates though..

Edited by Footballfirst

Inch Hearts
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

O’Brien was a sexual predator who ruined lives. This is public knowledge.

He was indeed.  Midden of a person.

Bringing it up in relation to Farmer because he trusted a predictor and trying to bring Farmer down in any way is disgusting though.  O’Brien hurt a lot of people with the revelations, not just the victims of his horrible crimes.  Thousands upon thousands of people in Edinburgh worshiped the guy.