Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

12 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Scott Allan will do ok for them, but Heckingbottom has possibly signed a massive amount of dross from the lower leagues of England. 

If things start going against him I look forward to watching him unravel.  There were signs at the end of last season that he could actually be a bit unhinged.  It could be spectacular.

He could also be a cracking bet for the 1st manager to leave his position.

I think I’m right in saying they only picked up 1 point in the last 5 games? He did well enough to get them into the top 6, I suspect the new manager bounce and relief from the players that the wee ginger crackpot had left. 

He might well be making the age old mistake of thinking players from the arse end of the English leagues are good enough to compete up here...very few are and most are a gamble at best....we should know!

He could be a great manager we don’t know, but one thing is for sure it’s an unforgiving league and a few defeats can be costly. The new owners may want their own man in place of it goes tits up early doors!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo

I find this whole takeover weird because of how sudden and low key it was. Maybe the journalists are on holiday but this is a very, very big Scottish football story. No matter our view of Hibs they are one of the biggest - arguably the 4th biggest behind us and the OF - in the country and they've just sold to a mysterious foreign businessman and have seemingly abandoned any idea of being fan owned, after much trumpeting that that was their long term plan.

This is what was said at the HSL launch:

"This is about buying in over a period of time to ultimately take control. This is the start of a journey. It won't happen overnight. But we are in a direction of travel which will ensure stability off the pitch and, I believe, increased ambition and success on the pitch."

This is a major change of direction but isn't really being commented on in the media from what I can see.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I find this whole takeover weird because of how sudden and low key it was. Maybe the journalists are on holiday but this is a very, very big Scottish football story. No matter our view of Hibs they are one of the biggest - arguably the 4th biggest behind us and the OF - in the country and they've just sold to a mysterious foreign businessman and have seemingly abandoned any idea of being fan owned, after much trumpeting that that was their long term plan.

This is what was said at the HSL launch:

"This is about buying in over a period of time to ultimately take control. This is the start of a journey. It won't happen overnight. But we are in a direction of travel which will ensure stability off the pitch and, I believe, increased ambition and success on the pitch."

This is a major change of direction but isn't really being commented on in the media from what I can see.

I said that at the time. It was totally out of the blue..

Almost like Petrie and Farmer were in a rush to get out of there. Maybe they know something nobody else does or maybe they've been planning this for a while, who knows. 

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think I’m right in saying they only picked up 1 point in the last 5 games? He did well enough to get them into the top 6, I suspect the new manager bounce and relief from the players that the wee ginger crackpot had left. 

He might well be making the age old mistake of thinking players from the arse end of the English leagues are good enough to compete up here...very few are and most are a gamble at best....we should know!

He could be a great manager we don’t know, but one thing is for sure it’s an unforgiving league and a few defeats can be costly. The new owners may want their own man in place of it goes tits up early doors!

Absolutely! It’s glorious. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Basically exactly what Calderwood did.

31 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Aye, he was threatening to give the 4th official a slap or something ha. 

I read a few comments by them the other day and a few of them were saying that they severely lack quality throughout the team. 

Good times. 

He threatened to knock the 4th Official's teeth out. ?

All this stuff about Hibs makes me appreciate even more what a fantastic position we are in.  

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He threatened to knock the 4th Official's teeth out. ?

Haa

Some of them probably need it to be fair. 

Did he get punished for it? 

6 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Haa

Some of them probably need it to be fair. 

Did he get punished for it? 

Don't think so. 

40 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don't think so. 

I didn't think so either. 

If Levein had said that it would be a 3 game ban and a fine. 

A few hobos are starting to wise up now. The initial euphoria of the takeover( believing they were the new Man City) they are now starting to look at the finer details. This guy has 60 million pound tops he is not a billionare also what is in it for him. I reckon there could be trouble ahead for Hibs #ticktock 

Maybe Ann Budge will step in and save them when it goes belly up.

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

A few hobos are starting to wise up now. The initial euphoria of the takeover( believing they were the new Man City) they are now starting to look at the finer details. This guy has 60 million pound tops he is not a billionare also what is in it for him. I reckon there could be trouble ahead for Hibs #ticktock 

Maybe Ann Budge will step in and save them when it goes belly up.

That's the question that hobos need to be asking themselves.  He's not doing it because he's a philanthropist.  Farmer and Petrie were Hibs men, and they've sold their club to a stranger. Why?

17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's the question that hobos need to be asking themselves.  He's not doing it because he's a philanthropist.  Farmer and Petrie were Hibs men, and they've sold their club to a stranger. Why?

For Farmer, its probably no more sinister that the fact there's a cloaked guy with a scythe on his way. 

23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

No disrespect to Tom Farmer but yesterday's press conference showed why he's probably sold up. The man looks more than ready for retirement. 

I've no idea about the finer details of the takeover and know nothing of Ron Gordon but you've got to imagine Farmer will have passed the club on to a safe pair of hands at the least.

Edited by jambogemz

12 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

No disrespect to Tom Farmer but yesterday's press conference showed why he's probably sold up. The man looks more than ready for retirement. 

I've no idea about the finer details of the takeover and know nothing of Ron Gordon but you've got to imagine Farmer will have passed the club on to a safe pair of hands at the least.

There was a story a while back that Farmer was under pressure from family members to get himself out of Hibs and recoup his money. Be interesting to see just how all of this works out. Had a quick look over their earlier and quite a few of the more savvy posters were being very cautious over this.

vegas-voss
31 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

But can you say the same for Petrie.

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

That's true but it's one thing for someone like Gordon to talk a good game at the offer stage and another thing completely when his money is at stake and he owns the club. 

Farmer has been one of the least offensive and most inconspicuous owners in Scottish football though. He did a great thing in saving Hibs for our amusement, and hiring Petrie to oversee the many self- or Hearts-inflicted disasters that befell them. Let's hope Gordon picks up the baton and drives them to even more low points.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Selling up to foreign owners in this country has been a disaster for all, so I am pretty surprised at this news.

only Fergus McCann made a success of it, but Hibs are certainly not a Celtic who have a fan base as big as any in the UK if not the world.

So this is bizarre in , why would he buy them and why would they sell ?

seems to me Farmer (or his family) want rid, Petrie wanted to take the money.

shafted the HSL too by the looks of it.

after all the shite they slung at us, would it not be karma if it all goes completely tits up ?

If I was a hibs fan I’d be very wary especially looking at the other clubs up here (and more than a few down south) that turned into disasters.

tick tock. Tick Tock.

17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

But can you say the same for Petrie.

Probably not.

He's slithering along the M8 now with a nice bag of cash, ready to inflict more embarrassment on the Scottish game in his new role. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's true but it's one thing for someone like Gordon to talk a good game at the offer stage and another thing completely when his money is at stake and he owns the club. 

Farmer has been one of the least offensive and most inconspicuous owners in Scottish football though. He did a great thing in saving Hibs for our amusement, and hiring Petrie to oversee the many self- or Hearts-inflicted disasters that befell them. Let's hope Gordon picks up the baton and drives them to even more low points.

He’s a business man so he’s not bought them for the love of the dear old Hibees there’s more to it than that. By the same token I don’t think he’s about to flatten Easter Road either. The most telling factor in where he sits on the sinister scale will be how long dempster remains at the club. If she goes soon I might start to pay a bit more attention. As it stands I doubt there’s going to be anything to see apart from deluded Hobos thinking they’re about to challenge the old firm! 

7 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Probably not.

He's slithering along the M8 now with a nice bag of cash, ready to inflict more embarrassment on the Scottish game in his new role. 

To be fair he deserves every penny, imagine having to watch that shite every week for 20 years! 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’s a business man so he’s not bought them for the love of the dear old Hibees there’s more to it than that. By the same token I don’t think he’s about to flatten Easter Road either. The most telling factor in where he sits on the sinister scale will be how long dempster remains at the club. If she goes soon I might start to pay a bit more attention. As it stands I doubt there’s going to be anything to see apart from deluded Hobos thinking they’re about to challenge the old firm! 

I agree. So far Gordon seems to be doing his best to dampen expectations, which makes you wonder what the point is, especially considering it does put them in a potentially more unstable position in the long term when Gordon sells, which he will? I guess Farmer just really, really had to finally get out for whatever reason. 

corryjambo
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

To be fair he deserves every penny, imagine having to watch that shite every week for 20 years! 

:gok:

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

:smuggy:

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There was a story a while back that Farmer was under pressure from family members to get himself out of Hibs and recoup his money. Be interesting to see just how all of this works out. Had a quick look over their earlier and quite a few of the more savvy posters were being very cautious over this.

The seems to be the most likely scenario and from Hibs point of view Farmer, rather than his family (are his wife and kids even big Hibs fans?), deciding who to sell to is probably sensible. It'll still likely to be constant squeaky bum time for fans compared to the relative stability under Farmer, and definitely compared to our stability now.

3fingersreid

Was asked tonight by a mate what I thought of the purchase of that lot by the new owner , when I replied I hope it goes tits up and they disappear , the guy asking me was taken a back with my reply . I explained that whilst I know a good few decent hibs fans , there were a certain element who wanted us gone and I tried but failed to find the comment from Bryan Jackson about the problems certain e mails sent were giving him when trying to secure our future . Now can anyone point me in the direction of his quotes so I can show my mate them , cheers 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Was asked tonight by a mate what I thought of the purchase of that lot by the new owner , when I replied I hope it goes tits up and they disappear , the guy asking me was taken a back with my reply . I explained that whilst I know a good few decent hibs fans , there were a certain element who wanted us gone and I tried but failed to find the comment from Bryan Jackson about the problems certain e mails sent were giving him when trying to secure our future . Now can anyone point me in the direction of his quotes so I can show my mate them , cheers 

Not sure of the whereabouts of the Jackson comments but the hibs attempts to scupper the deal were well publicised. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596513/EXCLUSIVE-Hibs-fans-try-scupper-rescue-deal-struggling-arch-rivals-Hearts.html

Dear Mr Gustas,

I write to you as a concerned and ashamed Scotsman to inform you of an attempt by fellow Scottish people to defraud the Republic of Lithuania of many millions of pounds. You are no doubt aware of the plight of Ukio Bankas, UBIG and the dreadful conduct of the major shareholder in both of these companies Vladimir Romanov. But it is another of his ventures, namely his interest in Heart of Midlothian football club in Edinburgh I would like to draw your attention to. Since 2006 Mr Romanov has ploughed many millions of pounds, estimates believed to be as much as ?85million, which has now turned out to be money he nor his banking groups could afford to invest, and these concerns raised many times over by the financial and football authorities here in Scotland. These concerns were continually ignored by officials at Hearts and also by their support who were happy to accept the success that has turned out to be the people of your countries money. Please also note that Romanov was refused permission to purchase shares at 2 other clubs. This is because he could not fund the regimes he was looking to put in place. This was ignored by Heart of Midlothian. They operated throughout his tenure with substantial losses which have now come to be at the Lithuanian tax payers expense. I would like to reiterate at this point that they have spent ?85 million pounds of your money. I would also like to bring to your attention their failure to pay charities, police costs, healthcare costs and uk taxes owed during this time. 

The current state of affairs at Heart of Midlothian sees them in administration and seeking a deal whereby the shares currently owned by UBIG, Ukio bankas and Ukio Bankas security on Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh is sold to Bidco for the paltry sum of ?2.5million. It is at this point I would like to make you aware of several areas of prime development land in Edinburgh that have sold recently for many millions of pounds over the ?2.5million currently being offered to your people. It is at this point I would also say that it is my opinion that you would not be serving the people of Lithuania if you did not recover as much of their money that this organisation has taken with no intention of paying back. I would urge you to seek trustworthy advice on the value of the assets before proceeding with any deal as there is no doubt accepting an offer of ?2.5 million is depriving your people of many of millions of pounds.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disgusting way in which this organisation has squandered many millions of pounds of your countries money. I find it totally unacceptable and would urge you to use all of your power in recouping your peoples money. If the tables were turned, it would be the least I would expect of my government. I would also appreciate your thoughts on the issues I have raised and if you are able to, your intentions in the future regarding these. 

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Kevin Moffatt

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I also have good and decent friends who support Hibs. I despise their football club though, and they did not act against the arseholes in their support who ACTIVELY tried to kill us off.

?

6 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Dear Mr Gustas,

I write to you as a concerned and ashamed Scotsman to inform you of an attempt by fellow Scottish people to defraud the Republic of Lithuania of many millions of pounds. You are no doubt aware of the plight of Ukio Bankas, UBIG and the dreadful conduct of the major shareholder in both of these companies Vladimir Romanov. But it is another of his ventures, namely his interest in Heart of Midlothian football club in Edinburgh I would like to draw your attention to. Since 2006 Mr Romanov has ploughed many millions of pounds, estimates believed to be as much as ?85million, which has now turned out to be money he nor his banking groups could afford to invest, and these concerns raised many times over by the financial and football authorities here in Scotland. These concerns were continually ignored by officials at Hearts and also by their support who were happy to accept the success that has turned out to be the people of your countries money. Please also note that Romanov was refused permission to purchase shares at 2 other clubs. This is because he could not fund the regimes he was looking to put in place. This was ignored by Heart of Midlothian. They operated throughout his tenure with substantial losses which have now come to be at the Lithuanian tax payers expense. I would like to reiterate at this point that they have spent ?85 million pounds of your money. I would also like to bring to your attention their failure to pay charities, police costs, healthcare costs and uk taxes owed during this time. 

The current state of affairs at Heart of Midlothian sees them in administration and seeking a deal whereby the shares currently owned by UBIG, Ukio bankas and Ukio Bankas security on Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh is sold to Bidco for the paltry sum of ?2.5million. It is at this point I would like to make you aware of several areas of prime development land in Edinburgh that have sold recently for many millions of pounds over the ?2.5million currently being offered to your people. It is at this point I would also say that it is my opinion that you would not be serving the people of Lithuania if you did not recover as much of their money that this organisation has taken with no intention of paying back. I would urge you to seek trustworthy advice on the value of the assets before proceeding with any deal as there is no doubt accepting an offer of ?2.5 million is depriving your people of many of millions of pounds.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the disgusting way in which this organisation has squandered many millions of pounds of your countries money. I find it totally unacceptable and would urge you to use all of your power in recouping your peoples money. If the tables were turned, it would be the least I would expect of my government. I would also appreciate your thoughts on the issues I have raised and if you are able to, your intentions in the future regarding these. 

Yours sincerely,

Mr Kevin Moffatt

This guy Ken’s the craic!!

Seriously, this is what these repugnant mutants were trying to do to our football club. 

See if your pal/bursd/relative/colleague supports them but doesn’t hate us... ask him/her/it how they feel about this...

scum

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

36 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This guy Ken’s the craic!!

Seriously, this is what these repugnant mutants were trying to do to our football club. 

See if your pal/bursd/relative/colleague supports them but doesn’t hate us... ask him/her/it how they feel about this...

scum

I'm pretty sure if the shoe had been on the other foot the same would have happened. You shouldn't cut down the tree because of a few bad apples. 

3fingersreid
16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm pretty sure if the shoe had been on the other foot the same would have happened. You shouldn't cut down the tree because of a few bad apples. 

Shoe had been on the other foot, twice,  when Mr Mercer tried his takeover but I can’t remember the Hearts support actively trying to close them down , in fact quite the opposite was wee Robbo went and spoke up for them .

Our club defied the SFA when told not to play against them in the early days when the SFA didn’t want them around . 

I’m not saying ALL hibs fans are “ bad” but I would shed not one tear of sorrow if that club was to disappear in fact quite the opposite . 

Anyway apples never fall far from the tree . ?

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Dear Mr Gustas,

Yours sincerely,

Mr Kevin Moffatt

That’s the one , cheers gjcc

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I also have good and decent friends who support Hibs. I despise their football club though, and they did not act against the arseholes in their support who ACTIVELY tried to kill us off.

?

Yep , 100%

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Dear Mr Gustas,

Yours sincerely,

Mr Kevin Moffatt

Putting aside the bad grammar and bad spelling, you have to acknowledge the degree of hatred this individual had for our Club.  Then you have to ask yourself, how many vermin jumped to our defense and how many sided with this social misfit? The answer is clear ... most of the vocal ones down Easter Road way were eager for or our demise.

Therefore, I hope this American guy sees that they're a bunch of losers, and milks them for every penny.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

?

Well said.  There were two types of hobos at that time. There was the type who wanted to see us die, and there were those who stood by and did nothing. We should never forget that.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Not sure of the whereabouts of the Jackson comments but the hibs attempts to scupper the deal were well publicised. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596513/EXCLUSIVE-Hibs-fans-try-scupper-rescue-deal-struggling-arch-rivals-Hearts.html

Yep, and let’s never forget that rat The thumb lending his visual support either. Karma is a funny thing. 

This is just another example of Hibs copying us as they desperately try to hang onto our coat tails.

Hopefully they copy the administration bit too.

Edited by Taffin

Hibs have basically swapped petrie for an American Petrie he's already said the wage and playing budget is fine and that he wants to focus on the academy and farm buildings at East Mains 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

This is just another example of Hibs copying us as they desperately try to hang onto our coat tails.

Hopefully they copy the administration bit too.

I hope they don't. 

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well said.  There were two types of hobos at that time. There was the type who wanted to see us die, and there were those who stood by and did nothing. We should never forget that.

This 100%. Many of us stood by them and actively gave support to them during the Wallace Mercer attempt to buy them. When our time of tribulation came those that followed them either actively tried to finish us or smugly sat by and did nothing. I wish them and those that support them nothing but ill fortune these days. I have nothing but contempt for them and hope that  Gordon is a latter day Duff and Gray. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Hibs have basically swapped petrie for an American Petrie he's already said the wage and playing budget is fine and that he wants to focus on the academy and farm buildings at East Mains 

To be honest what's wrong with that.Bells would start ringing for me if I was a Hibs than and he started saying he was going to spend millions on the first team because it's already been pointed these guys never give it away for free the club always end up paying.

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Quality post.

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not totally true. There was a third type who hoped we got things sorted out and said life wouldn’t be the same without us around. I know a few who donated money as well.

Every club has a mix. There will be a Hearts equivalent of Kevin Moffatt. There’s comments on this page hoping they die or go into administration.

8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

When the shoe has been on the other foot, Hearts fans joined HoH rallies. There’s guys on here who went along. So no, let’s not make excuses for the scum.

21 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not totally true. There was a third type who hoped we got things sorted out and said life wouldn’t be the same without us around. I know a few who donated money as well.

Every club has a mix. There will be a Hearts equivalent of Kevin Moffatt. There’s comments on this page hoping they die or go into administration.

I hope they die and go in to administration. I would not try and play a part in that though. Even after what they did. They overstepped the mark, and actively tried to kill our club off. Moffat was not a lone wolf, it was an orchestrated effort by a good number of Hibs fans coordinated through their wee vermin website. 

Genuinely hope this Gordon chap takes the knickers off them, and it’s us who relegated them to put the final nail in their coffin.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

13 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Close. They only picked up 2 points. They drew the first 2 games of the split against Celtic and ourselves and lost the final 3.

Allan will be a good signing for them but the rest are all gambles from the lower echelons of English football. Which I'm pretty sure is what Calderwood did while in charge of them.

Portable Badger
23 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Now that's a hibs goalkeeper ??

Hope Ron turns out to be like an Oyston or an Ashley dragging them to terminal decline while milking the money.  I don't want them to die but I want them to end up in League 2.

Edited by Gilbert’s Fridge

Portable Badger
23 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Now that's a hibs goalkeeper ??

:huh:

Sorry John - not sure how I ended up replying to your post since your's was on the previous page to where I was.  I was intending to just make my own separate post

8 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Hope Ron turns out to be like an Oyston or an Ashley dragging them to terminal decline while milky the money.  I don't want them to die but I want them to end up in League 2.

Liquidation, then re-emerge as a phoenix club is my preferred outcome.