Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

An American multimillionaire buys Hibs from Tom Farmer for £6,000,000. This clears any debts the club have and pays for Farmers shareholding. New owner inherits the present playing squad and staff. What level of investment will he now make available to Heckingbottom to enable him to build a team capable of challenging for the £3,000,000+ prize money for winning the league? It doesn’t add up as he will never recoup his investment. 

Farmfoods need a new site and their desired location is the slum of Lochend.

Does this mean that John Souttar is worth more then their entire shitey wee club?

:smugger:

6 minutes ago, Morph said:

Do you think the papers are lying about it like?

Go read the report it's literally what is being said from that press conference.  

Where's the quote (which hasn't copied) from? 

I don't see that in the Hibs statement. 

20 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Although obviously concerned with the hibs new owners investment we must try and compete the best we can and stay positive I know it may be hard at this moment and time

And here’s another.

:rattus:

Edited by Whatever

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Go read the report it's literally what is being said from that press conference.  

The report says that he has bought Farmer's & Petrie's shares and paid off the circa £3M that was due to Farmer.

It also states that he will put a seven figure 'cash injection' into the club.

So are you saying he's spent circa £6M on the debt plus the shares and put another £6M into the club?

6 minutes ago, Morph said:

A seven-figure cash injection, believed to be around £6million, will also be ploughed into the club which could boost boss Paul Heckingbottom's transfer kitty.

Colour me sceptical.

All very well saying the transfer kitty may be boosted, as we know inflated transfer fees bring wages to match.

Edited by Whatever

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

I havent read one article that says he has bought the club And is investing an additional 6mill.

I have read he has taken over the club and the figure is around 6m which normal people would assume incurs the cost of Farmer and the taches shares plus the debt owed to farmer any additional money from the 6m would go towards the club.

Otherwise this guy has supposedly bought 51% of the shares and is going to put in another 6m for what? He has no connection with hibs previously as far as we know or otherwise the EEN would be having a bigger wankfest than they already are.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Morph said:

I doubt if their going to start throwing money around, they also said the club would live within its means. The press lie all the time, who knows how much he will put in and for what, paying off the debt is £3m (Farmer was getting £500k for the next 6 years) and he mentioned something about bringing other assets back onboard ( HFC holdings owned separate bits).

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Mans here’s another.

:rattus:

There are a few out today 

August Landmesser
33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

One note of caution. The American boy at Dundee talked a good game. Relegated. 

Why would we want to be cautious about the prospect of Hibs getting relegated?

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Why would we want to be cautious about the prospect of Hibs getting relegated?

:jjyay:

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A seven-figure cash injection, believed to be around £6million, will also be ploughed into the club which could boost boss Paul Heckingbottom's transfer kitty.

Colour me sceptical.

What is there to be sceptical about though?

The guy has bought the club and is providing a cash injection to his new business.  It's hardly unbelievable and in todays footballing market isn't really a huge sum.  (If it is 6million, don't think it's actually been confirmed yet)  I doubt it will go straight into the transfer kitty, more likely to make improvements at East Mains like we were talking about.

Edited by Morph

I may have missed it but what does it mean for the hsl scheme? Were they not looking to be fan owned? 

9 minutes ago, jackal said:

I havent read one article that says he has bought the club And is investing an additional 6mill.

I have read he has taken over the club and the figure is around 6m which normal people would assume incurs the cost of Farmer and the taches shares plus the debt owed to farmer any additional money from the 6m would go towards the club.

Otherwise this guy has supposedly bought 51% of the shares and is going to put in another 6m for what? He has no connection with hibs previously as far as we know or otherwise the EEN would be having a bigger wankfest than they already are.

I can't find any article that says how much the club was sold for, just that the shares were passed over.  I can't actually see any articles that confirms the 6 million figure that is being banded about either.

That's direct from the horses mouth.  The 7 figure sum could be anywhere between 1m-9m, i doubt we'll ever find out.

As a result of the transaction:

- Ron Gordon has become the Executive Chairman of Hibernian

- Sir Tom and Ron worked together in the transaction to eliminate the Club’s mortgage debt

- The Club is now debt free, six years ahead of plan

- Ron is making a seven-figure cash injection to the Club

We are pretty much debt free, have FOH pumping in a million a year, will be fan owned within a year, have a big shiny money generating new stand, have benefactors pumping the dough in without asking for anything back, have kids coming through the ranks into the first team, can attract and keep players like Naismith, do tremendous work in the local community, etc etc etc

Hibs have an american investor who has no connection to the club or city, who has cleared there debt but stopped there dreams of fan ownership, who has never run a football club but has bought a field in east Lothian and a hovel in Leith.

I know which horse i back in the natural order 

FTH

Just seen an interview with the guy on stv twitter and he came across as he didn’t know what he was talking about 

5 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

I may have missed it but what does it mean for the hsl scheme? Were they not looking to be fan owned? 

The dozen or so will get their £30 back.

Glamorgan Jambo

Looks like the small handful putting money into HSL have been royally shafted. 

Still waiting on proper info on the guy as opposed to press releases regurgitated. I'd start with the question of what his name was at birth and if it's different to the one he uses today why so... 

1 minute ago, Morph said:

The guy has bought the club and is providing a cash injection to his new business.  It's hardly unbelievable and in todays footballing market isn't really a huge sum.  (If it is 6million, don't think it's actually been confirmed yet)  I doubt it will go straight into the transfer kitty, more likely to make improvements at East Mains like we were talking about.

Believed to be and could boost.

6m is a lot of money in Scotland outwith the OF. Why invest that if you arent going to get a return?

If its not going to the transfer kitty why mention it. Otherwise it would say Heckingbottom has huge transfer kitty noiw or in  upcoming seasons.

The guy has paid 6m(rumoured) for 51% of hibs with no assurances he is going to invest anymore cash other than what was left from his 6m after takeover so only club generated cash will go to the club in future. He has whoever gained more for himself in assets.

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

but he must’ve shafted a few folk over the years

“II only came in for a  £15 puncture repair and your telling me my suspension needs a complete over haul and it will cost me £500 before I can drive it!?” A well known Farmer autocare response.

Just now, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Looks like the small handful putting money into HSL have been royally shafted. 

Still waiting on proper info on the guy as opposed to press releases regurgitated. I'd start with the question of what his name was at birth and if it's different to the one he uses today why so... 

Why might you think he has changed his name? 

13 minutes ago, Morph said:

I think it is being reported in a vague manner that could be open to interpretation as to the amount he’ll be putting in over and above paying for control of the club, and where any money over and above the purchase will be spent. The figures mentioned are speculative, and what it is to be used for even more so.

He’s not really hung his hat on anything that he could later be questioned on, if it doesn’t materialise. 

My guess:

He will tart up the stadium and East Mains, and maybe sponsor the shirts and stadium. I think he will also try and recoup his outlay by taking a slice of transfer income, and maybe their hospitality.

No idea though, just my own speculation.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

gorgie rd eh11

I take it they’re all p****d off that a foreigner with no hibs connection has taken control. 

There’s as much evidence that this will not be a good experience as there is it being a positive one. 

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

7 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

There was a clause in the HSL plan that allowed for someone to take over the club. Basically I think HSL will just be quietly brushed under the rug, in its original format anyway.

I suppose they could just get this guy’s name in a huge font on their HSL commemorative shirt? 

Nucky Thompson

With Sir Toms health deteriorating, I think he has been scrapping around for a while looking for someone to buy him out.

This yank is no Sheikh Mansour and is probably on par with the Dundee clubs owners.

I'll sit back and watch how it pans out, but certainly no concern or jealousy here

43 minutes ago, Crete said:

We have to stop worrying about What hibs are or aren’t going to do and just enjoy being a supporter of Edinburgh ‘s number 1 club Hearts.??

Absolutely ?

Who gives a xxxx about Hibs.

It's hardly going to lead to world domination.

There is already American owned clubs  in Scotland.

1 minute ago, jackal said:

6m is a lot of money in Scotland outwith the OF. Why invest that if you arent going to get a return?

If its not going to the transfer kitty why mention it. Otherwise it would say Heckingbottom has huge transfer kitty noiw or in  upcoming seasons.

The guy has paid 6m(rumoured) for 51% of hibs with no assurances he is going to invest anymore cash other than what was left from his 6m after takeover so only club generated cash will go to the club in future. He has whoever gained more for himself in assets.

He's bought more than 51% of the shares, he bought all of Farmer and Petries, 62.7% at last years accounts. 

He says in an interview with STV that he plans to build an indoor pitch/facility (presumably at East Mains) and invest in the academy, to make it the "best in scotland". 

Proof will be in the pudding if they start making eye catching signings, the ones they've made so far aren't out the ordinary.

...a bit disco

If all this money is being made available for transfers and the likes, why have the gone mental signing English lower league fodder of late?

2 minutes ago, jackal said:

I have never heard of the guy before today so i have nae idea what his intentions are for buying and investing in hibs are.  The facts are after whatever money has been spent on acquiring the club, hes providing another 7 figure sum into his business.  Not Farmer or Petries pockets.   Some of it might go to transfers, some might go to their training barn but there is some sort of investment being made.

Why mention an investment if it's not for transfers?  The same reason we've banged on about our 15m new stand and 1m new pitch I suppose.  Theres more to a football team than the players on the pitch.

A lot of folk coming off as very threatened.  I'm not exactly delighted hibs have got a guy who from first impressions seems keen on putting money into them, but i'm no going to start panicking until they're signing Neymar and Messi on 600k a week.  Even at that, think we would still have a chance of riding them silly :jjyay: 

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He's bought more than 51% of the shares, he bought all of Farmer and Petries, 62.7% at last years accounts. 

He says in an interview with STV that he plans to build an indoor pitch/facility (presumably at East Mains) and invest in the academy, to make it the "best in scotland". 

Just read that around 1/3 of shares are owned by others. So he has around 66%. Confused with the HSL thing which turned out to be pointless.

As I said earlier going down the same route as us with youth.

Edited by jackal

Guest ToqueJambo

Hmmm.. Mysterious foreign businessman with interests in banking and financial services takes over Edinburgh football club for unexplained reasons and promises investment. I wonder if he’ll have “henchmen”.

Glamorgan Jambo
9 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Why might you think he has changed his name? 

It's very common in the US for this to happen when people want something hidden about their past. Not saying the guy is a Gus Fring (from Breaking Bad) type but his name doesn't jive with Peruvian born. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

We are pretty much debt free, have FOH pumping in a million a year, will be fan owned within a year, have a big shiny money generating new stand, have benefactors pumping the dough in without asking for anything back, have kids coming through the ranks into the first team, can attract and keep players like Naismith, do tremendous work in the local community, etc etc etc

Hibs have an american investor who has no connection to the club or city, who has cleared there debt but stopped there dreams of fan ownership, who has never run a football club but has bought a field in east Lothian and a hovel in Leith.

I know which horse i back in the natural order 

FTH

Well exactly, our ownership model is designed to prevent someone like him taking over completely. Investment sure but we will now always be safe from someone using the club as a play thing.

No idea if he will, but Scottish football history suggests this will end badly for Hibs when the owner decides he’s had enough.

And in the meantime any success they might have will obviously be “tainted”! Will be ironic if Hibs fans embrace their new foreign banker overlord.

1 minute ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

It's very common in the US for this to happen when people want something hidden about their past. Not saying the guy is a Gus Fring (from Breaking Bad) type but his name doesn't jive with Peruvian born. 

Does the fact his Grandparents were Scottish help explain his name for you? 

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

So much for fan ownership down jabland. 

Fan ownership will only go so far. After Ann we will need further investment outwith.

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, jackal said:

I dont think anyone is concerned.New owner who is supposedly going to run the club within its means. They have less income than us so why be concerned.

I would be amazed if he starts paying massive wages or transfer fees and would imagine he aims to go down the same road we have with youth.

Already started. 350k and the inevitably higher wages that go with a fee like that for a league two striker.

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

I have never heard of the guy before today so i have nae idea what his intentions are for buying and investing in hibs are.  The facts are after whatever money has been spent on acquiring the club, hes providing another 7 figure sum into his business.  Not Farmer or Petries pockets.   Some of it might go to transfers, some might go to their training barn but there is some sort of investment being made.

Why mention an investment if it's not for transfers?  The same reason we've banged on about our 15m new stand and 1m new pitch I suppose.  Theres more to a football team than the players on the pitch.

A lot of folk coming off as very threatened.  I'm not exactly delighted hibs have got a guy who from first impressions seems keen on putting money into them, but i'm no going to start panicking until they're signing Neymar and Messi on 600k a week.  Even at that, think we would still have a chance of riding them silly :jjyay: 

There is also a few "Hearts" fans on here taking an unhealthy interest in this and bugging it  up for all it's worth . Works both ways 

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Does the fact his Grandparents were Scottish help explain his name for you? 

Didn't know that but no not particularly (if true) 

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Would really hope nobody feels “threatened”. You’d need to be the sort who jumps at shadows for that. It’s all very vague just now and until more details emerge, there’s no way of predicting what the plan is, either way. 

I do think it’s worth talking about though. There’s been more shysters than philanthropists in Scottish football over the years. Keen to find out which side of the fence he falls on.

16 minutes ago, jackal said:

I remember when we got £6m from Scottish Media Group and blew it.......!

I'm happy that money is coming into Scottish football but it depends on how they spend it.

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Fan ownership will only go so far. After Ann we will need further investment outwith.

Will we? After Ann has been paid off, we have £1.4m p/a investment through FoH. That’s over and above what we generate as a football club.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I remember when we got £6m from Scottish Media Group and blew it.......!

I'm happy that money is coming into Scottish football but it depends on how they spend it.

Yup, blew it on a load of journeyman. Niemi was the only good one out the lot.