Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Hope he turns out to be as dodgy as a £3 note and buries them.

That would be the sweetest karma.

I like the sound of that ???

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

People are trying to act like it's a great thing to avoid coming off as jealous imo. They don't want to seem like there's a fuss to be made.

The point I was making was Hibs tore into us about having a foreign Chairman who didn't play on a "level field" but are now creaming themselves over it (and rightly so). 

This is a big deal, for me at least. At the moment I don't feel like Hearts are in the best hands for our on the field side. Off the field yes Budge is a masterclass and saved the club. I am not saying by any means that Hibs are going to be in any better state on or off the field as that is yet to be seen, I am just pointing out that Budge is happy with making money out of stuff that goes on off the field, and I just hope we don't fall away any further from the top 4 while the other clubs go spending money on players.

They still have Heckingbottom as manager and from what I saw of them last season his style of football is more functional/pragmatic than flair. And he had the players to play with a bit of attacking nous if he wanted to.

I wonder if Ronnie would want Heckingbottom to stay

Another thing - this new guy has no experience whatsoever of running a football club

In line with my previous comments above I see it as inevitable that a DOF will be appointed. I would actually piss myself.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

It's a £6m takeover. 

No danger is this guy going to pump millions in to buy Hibs some super team.

Famous 1874

Will be business as usual and the natural order will remain as normal.

Rumoured 6 million investment has already been spent - 3 million worth of debt and probably around 3 million to pay off STF.

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Julie1957 said:

We have to build 3 new stands to get the pitch up to standard.  105 x 68m  It will be law for top flight football.

:rofl:You're an odd one

Try telling that to Liverpool

Pasquale for King

Anyone got any idea if you have to be attached to a club to be elected as SFA President? Dempsters smile couldn’t have been more fake. You’ve got wonder why he, and the guys at the Dundee clubs want to takeover Scottish football teams as there’s not much profit to be made from the vast majority. 

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Rumoured 6 million investment has already been spent - 3 million worth of debt and probably around 3 million to pay off STF.

Yeah... thats not investment :D 

he's spent £6m acquiring the club. Will be interesting to see if he's willing to up that initial sum with actual investment or not. 

On a positive, that both Dundee's, Hibs and Aberdeen (to some extent) American owned. Surely this should be raising our profile in the states which could translate to an improved TV deal?

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hibs younger fans lived through the 'Hibsed it' era.

12 in a row derby run, 2012 Cup final thrashing, 2013 Cup final pumping, getting relegated against all the odds in a play off, 3 years in the Championship with 2 play off failures, Ross County cup defeat........ It would have been a horrific time for any football fan.

They eventually got promoted and won the Scottish Cup but they have struggled to change their extremely bitter mindset.

Yes. I think our visitor julie1957 is one of them:laugh:

Good on them getting away from Farmer to be honest.

I don't see them suddenly splashing out for players, but will see how it pans out.

Hope they have done relevant background checks.

?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They still have Heckingbottom as manager and from what I saw of them last season his style of football is more functional/pragmatic than flair. And he had the players to play with a bit of attacking nous if he wanted to.

Another thing - this new guy has no experience whatsoever of running a football club

In line with my previous comments above I see it as inevitable that a DOF will be appointed. I would actually piss myself.

The have a Head of Football operations already, a guy called George Craig. He must’ve been the guy that signed the players in January when they were managerless, no media frenzy though. 

Unknown user

Just read the story on the bbc, the guy plans to have the club living within it's means, so what's the problem? We have greater means than them, always will

:verysmug:

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone got any idea if you have to be attached to a club to be elected as SFA President? Dempsters smile couldn’t have been more fake. You’ve got wonder why he, and the guys at the Dundee clubs want to takeover Scottish football teams as there’s not much profit to be made from the vast majority. 

Image result for new build flats

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If he genuinely has paid of the mortgage without any commitment to repay him in turn then yes, that's an investment. Quite rare for business minded people to be so altruistic, but you never know.

Pasquale for King

SSN are saying he has bought the shares of the guy that received a Papal knighthood for saving them, and will put a seven figure sum into the club and wiped out the debt. Foreign owner, manager and players tut tut ?.

If the guy has any sense he wont be ploughing millions in and why would he unless he is just about losing money which it doesnt sound like. The 6mill as stated before is to buy the club and pay off debts with a rumoured 1 mill to the club. This doesnt state if its infrastructure or the team so nothing changes except owner.

I would very much doubt we will see much change in hibs transfer dealings or type of player they attract.

European runs and consistent domestic cup runs with full stadiums are the only way teams in Scotland will make money and that is pretty much sewn up by the OF.

You dont make money giving away tickets.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Image result for new build flats

Hahahaha. They like moving clubs out of cities don’t they, new stadium down the docks sponsored by Budweiser?

Leveins Battalion

So he's got Hibs,Easter Road and a 15 acre piece of land at East mains for wiping £3 million debt??hahahaha

Honest I will pump money into the club.....

Who else can remember how confident they were with the takeover by the two moustachioed Swindon-based businessmen? That ended well. 

16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's a £6m takeover. 

No danger is this guy going to pump millions in to buy Hibs some super team.

How does that work if the seven figure sum is being invested into the club?

If it was a 6m pound takeover surely that money would go directly to Petrie and Farmer which doesn’t sound like what has happened. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

SSN are saying he has bought the shares of the guy that received a Papal knighthood for saving them, and will put a seven figure sum into the club and wiped out the debt. Foreign owner, manager and players tut tut ?.

Farmer became a Knight Commander for years of charity work, certainly not for saving those vermin. In all honesty though a very decent man.

Really simple now though. Hearts are truly Edinburgh's people's club, the vermin are owned by some dodgy septic.

Edited by Jodami

GorgieFifeLife

Great day for Hibs and their fans. Debt free and a new owner willing to invest in players. We need to up the ante in order to keep pace with them before we even think about Aberdeen and Rangers.

millerjames398
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The have a Head of Football operations already, a guy called George Craig. He must’ve been the guy that signed the players in January when they were managerless, no media frenzy though. 

Your correct george pretty much does the dof role already,,,he's my mates uncle, and despite being employed by the darkside is a really nice guy???

22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They have a DoF already pretty much as far as I’m aware. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great day for Hibs and their fans. Debt free and a new owner willing to invest in players. We need to up the ante in order to keep pace with them before we even think about Aberdeen and Rangers.

? our income is about £4m per year higher, not counting the £1.4 millions in tax free cash.. think we will be just fine ..

Footballfirst

HSL email sent to their members: Basically they are in the dark as much as anyone else

Today's Club Announcement
Following some weeks of speculation the Club have today made the following statement.

I thought it would be helpful to make a brief statement to avoid unnecessary further speculation surrounding our position in relation to these events.

I was introduced to Ron Gordon last night and I am delighted to confirm what you will no doubt hear from many others over the coming weeks and months. I was hugely impressed by his passion and above all is ambition for our Club. He was fully aware of the work that we are doing and he impressed upon me his desire that we continue to work together going forward. To this end we have agreed to meet later in the week to develop things further. While we are not in a position to answer any questions at the moment it is clear that Ron sees Hibernian Supporters as an important element in his plans for exciting and hopefully successful times ahead.

James Adie
Chairman

And a couple of subsequent comments on Hibs.net

I can’t imagine that HSL will have the same goals now. I have a feeling it may change into an additional funding stream for the manager rather than a vehicle to buy shares in the club. Whilst we don’t actually know I can’t imagine the new owner will want his newly acquired shares being diluted down to 49%. The email we got is ambiguous because HSL don’t know what’s happening, it will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.

If that’s the case it’ll probably be the end of my donations. My ambition for HSL is that it got that permanent 25% blocking stake.

still, I’ll wait to hear more.

Gilberts Fridge

From The HSL FAQ

Sir Tom Farmer has a long-standing claim that he’s prepared to sell to the right bidder. If that should happen before the 2.5m figure is reached, does it mean the promise to issue shares to HSL and/or individual fans to the value of 51% could be broken by a new majority shareholder?

This is a question we cannot answer, as we cannot speak for the owners or future majority shareholders. We can say we have a legally binding subscription agreement that enables us to buy shares that are available to purchase. Once HSL owns shares, no one else can determine what happens to these shares other than Members of HSL. That’s why the quicker we raise funds, the quicker we can buy shares. And the more funds we raise, the more shares we can buy to safeguard our club.

Tom Farmer promises them  a 51% shareholding when HSL is announced and now sells it from out underneath them. But they want to name a stand after him.

Load of BS about safeguarding the club and then sells up.

I can't see the new guy letting his shareholding being diluted further. 

7 minutes ago, Morph said:

How does that work if the seven figure sum is being invested into the club?

If it was a 6m pound takeover surely that money would go directly to Petrie and Farmer which doesn’t sound like what has happened. 

Of course the money has gone to farmer and tache. Do you think the guy is going top put 6million in and hope they will hand over their shares and debt interest for free.

Probably biggest implication is the , I’m assuming, saving to operational budgets by not having to pay Farmer’s annual interest payments. Will this be “saved” or available to the player budget? 

Also assuming Dumpster will be making most of the day to day devaluations, if she isn’t already if Gordon is US based. Or to point above, will he appoint his own person to the operational side of the business. 

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Just read the story on the bbc, the guy plans to have the club living within it's means, so what's the problem? We have greater means than them, always will

They’ll sit back, do nothing and let the new man do his thing. 

Whilst our fans fans pump millions into the club.

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Getting a bit narked about this 8k FoH members number often quoted... As a contributor I would be more than happy if that number went up as I am sure that it could if some gave up 2_3 pints per month and didn't rely on others continuing. I appreciate not everybody's circs allow them to contribute, and that's fine ... but come on, we are all in this together.

#PledgeForLife

If you take the amount of Hearts supporters that attend games, subtract those under 21, and those on fixed incomes, then allow for couples making contributions from their joint account as a pair, then add the migrant Hearts supporters who can't get to games, then 8k is probably about right.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If you take the amount of Hearts supporters that attend games, subtract those under 21, and those on fixed incomes, then allow for couples making contributions from their joint account as a pair, then add the migrant Hearts supporters who can't get to games, then 8k is probably about right.

Not only is it about right, 8k fans still contributing is a fantastic number imo.

A number that similar sized clubs would struggle to achieve.

There are a lot of arseholes amongst our support :D but collectively, our loyalty can not be questioned.

????????????????????

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Not only is it about right, 8k fans still contributing is a fantastic number imo.

A number that similar sized clubs would struggle to achieve.

There are a lot of arseholes amongst our support :D but collectively, our loyalty can not be questioned.

????????????????????

Agreed, on all counts.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

When does the boy rip the mask off, Scooby-Doo style, to reveal he’s Wallace Mercer? 

Where did that guy who it was claimed died in a boat accident move to again before it was found out he made it up? 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Farmer became a Knight Commander for years of charity work, certainly not for saving those vermin. In all honesty though a very decent man.

Really simple now though. Hearts are truly Edinburgh's people's club, the vermin are owned by some dodgy septic.

Do they give the highest honour to everyone that does years of charity work? Just millionaires maybe?  It was awarded to him in 1997, only a few years after saving Hibs which was surely part of his philanthropic portfolio?

I just read his grandfather helped save Hibs in the 19th century when they first went bust, every day is a school day.

Any McGinn money Hibs make will just evaporate, doubt this guy is really interested in making Hibs a dominant Scottish club!

US banker uses Scottish football club to money launder :D

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Where did that guy who it was claimed died in a boat accident move to again before it was found out he made it up? 

Robert Maxwell?

EDIT: Clearly not. John Darwin?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Your correct george pretty much does the dof role already,,,he's my mates uncle, and despite being employed by the darkside is a really nice guy???

Is it him or Dempster that chooses managers, they seem to be ok at it unfortunately ?.

We’ll see how this pans out. I’m not anticipating them to have a full on Vlad/Burley level transfer window all of a sudden but takeovers always give fans a bit of excitement so I’m sure more of their “fair weather” fans will crawl out of their hovels to snap up the STs which is a shame

Can someone quickly summerise for this Jambo who is on holiday and has been neglecting current affairs? 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

When does the boy rip the mask off, Scooby-Doo style, to reveal he’s Wallace Mercer? 

I would rather it was Craig Whyte to be honest ?

19 minutes ago, jackal said:

Of course the money has gone to farmer and tache. Do you think the guy is going top put 6million in and hope they will hand over their shares and debt interest for free.

There hasn’t been any mention of the cost of the club to the guy. 

He is investing a seven figure sum into the club as being reported by the papers.  Petrie and farmer aren’t the club anymore. 

Just now, Barack said:

Don't worry about it. Get back to enjoying your holiday.

I plan to. Taking in Florence tomorrow ?

FTH

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Forgot all about that guy. John Darwin... what a scamp. A real life Reggie Perrin.

Loved that show ?