Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

manaliveits105

The paper formerly known as the Edinburgh evening news will have an 8 page pull out tomorrow explaining everything( they missed the story today)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not only is it about right, 8k fans still contributing is a fantastic number imo.

A number that similar sized clubs would struggle to achieve.

There are a lot of arseholes amongst our support :D but collectively, our loyalty can not be questioned.

????????????????????

Spot on

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loved that show ?

"Twenty-two minutes late, escaped puma, Chessington North."

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone got any idea if you have to be attached to a club to be elected as SFA President? Dempsters smile couldn’t have been more fake. You’ve got wonder why he, and the guys at the Dundee clubs want to takeover Scottish football teams as there’s not much profit to be made from the vast majority. 

You have to be attached to a club to get the SFA President job. Petrie was attached to Hibs. 

But once you are SFA President you can leave the club. 

Inch Hearts
38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Robert Maxwell?

EDIT: Clearly not. John Darwin?

Yeah Darwin, that’s the guy.  Was Panama not Peru.  Close enough though ;) 

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You have to be attached to a club to get the SFA President job. Petrie was attached to Hibs. 

The last president was honorary chairman of Cove. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

34 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

So much for fan ownership down jabland. 

They tried copying us with that and failed spectacularly. Going down the Vlad route now!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've not read a whole lot about it, but the talk of a £6m investment, will that not just be the cost of buying the club, paying off their debts etc? I doubt it'll be a £6m transfer fund. 

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Great day for Hibs and their fans. Debt free and a new owner willing to invest in players. We need to up the ante in order to keep pace with them before we even think about Aberdeen and Rangers.

That's the right way to think about this imo.  Competition sharpens you up.

Just now, Barack said:

Don't worry about it. Get back to enjoying your holiday.

I plan to. Taking in Florence tomorrow ?

FTH

Leveins Battalion

This guys got the deal of a lifetime,a company with £19.8 worth of assets for paying off a small debt and assuming he paid off Hibs other 9 directors with the other cash,of course Dumpster will champion it shes a director now aswell ?

millerjames398
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is it him or Dempster that chooses managers, they seem to be ok at it unfortunately ?.

Its George who chooses, dumpster gets them in the door, he helped Falkirk in there hour of need started the back the bairns campaign, interestingly he said he wouldn't rule out coming to us if he was working with Austin, says he's a top bloke, i asked him after someone on here said they'd seen him and willo flood speaking to levein at oriam, and possibly changes at the club, obviously the chance to work for Edinburgh's number one club's always ging to tempt him?

It does seem fairly cheap to buy a football club, would imagine the bloke will take a chunk out any McGinn signing on fee to recover his investment. Think its a wait and see situation, could be one of those disasters that lasts a couple of years with no noticeable difference on the park, could be an initial spell of higher wages with it going tits up further down the line, could be a Man City style rags to riches. I think the last one is by far the least likely 

49 minutes ago, Morph said:

There hasn’t been any mention of the cost of the club to the guy. 

He is investing a seven figure sum into the club as being reported by the papers.  Petrie and farmer aren’t the club anymore. 

So you think the guy has bought the club from Farmer and tache and is still putting in 6 mill. Dont think so.

2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Its George who chooses, dumpster gets them in the door, he helped Falkirk in there hour of need started the back the bairns campaign, interestingly he said he wouldn't rule out coming to us if he was working with Austin, says he's a top bloke, i asked him after someone on here said they'd seen him and willo flood speaking to levein at oriam, and possibly changes at the club, obviously the chance to work for Edinburgh's number one club's always ging to tempt him?

Willo Flood at our game last night.

Surprised at this news, especially as it looks like the  Hibs support’s dream of fan ownership has gone down the toilet. Let’s face it lots of clubs, ours included,  have been bought by speculators only for it all to end in tears.

1 minute ago, jackal said:

So you think the guy has bought the club from Farmer and tache and is still putting in 6 mill. Dont think so.

Says a lot for Farmer that he wanted the new guy to put money in the club and pay off the debt rather than see a big wedge to himself, not that he didn't see some compo of course. Who knows. Tache was defo compensated for his shares. 

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This guys got the deal of a lifetime,a company with £19.8 worth of assets for paying off a small debt and assuming he paid off Hibs other 9 directors with the other cash,of course Dumpster will champion it shes a director now aswell ?

Why would he need to pay off directors? 

He has bought the shares that Sir Tom (and Rod) owned.

Plus invested into the club, by paying off their mortgage, to Sir Tom. 

How much after that is left to invest in anything else is an unknown. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Says a lot for Farmer that he wanted the new guy to put money in the club and pay off the debt rather than see a big wedge to himself, not that he didn't see some compo of course. Who knows. Tache was defo compensated for his shares. 

Of course Farmer wanted him to pay of the debt it was due to farmer. farmer hasnt lost anything here in fact he has his money 6 years earlier.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Who owned the debt that was paid off? 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Why would he need to pay off directors? 

He has bought the shares that Sir Tom (and Rod) owned.

Plus invested into the club, by paying off their mortgage, to Sir Tom. 

How much after that is left to invest in anything else is an unknown. 

He's not invested into the club by doing this,he's invested in himself by obtaining equity in assets.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Farmer paid off the mortgage at LBG so any debt (circa £3.5M) was owed to him so I'd imagine he'd get paid in full.

Pants Shaton

Fair play if fans of the shite are getting excited.  End of the day, why would someone with no real connection to the club / city / country want to pump money into a football club?  

Much happier knowing our club is in the hands of competent people with an emotional investment too.  

Happy to to see a strong Hibs - as long as we’re even stronger - as is, has and always will be -  the natural order.

Was all underwritten by STF?

Was all owed to STF.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do they give the highest honour to everyone that does years of charity work? Just millionaires maybe?  It was awarded to him in 1997, only a few years after saving Hibs which was surely part of his philanthropic portfolio?

I just read his grandfather helped save Hibs in the 19th century when they first went bust, every day is a school day.

Didn't know that mate, groundhog day in the Farmer family!

From what I understand he had no interest in football but saved them because friends persuaded him they were an important part of the community he grew up in, which is fair enough. It's true that you have to make the money before you can become philanthropic but he has supported many charitable clauses, a lot of them associated with the Catholic church in Scotland, for decades. I personally have zero respect for honours and in the unlikely scenario I was offered one by the Crown or indeed the Vatican I would turn them down flat but tbf to him he has stayed in Scotland, paid his taxes and helped people down the years. Not in the greatest of health by all accounts so this comes as no great surprise as his kids have no interest in the club.

Was all underwritten by STF?

So how does this make farmer look good.The guy has paid the club debts(to Farmer) and bought the shares of Farmer and Tache. He has bought something and hasnt put any money in to improve the club yet.

millerjames398

Sorry when i asked him, he said it wasnt him, but had a bit of a glint in his eye, so im not sure what to think? 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He's not invested into the club by doing this,he's invested in himself by obtaining equity in assets.

Correct, to an extent. 

My point being any spare cash to 'invest' in the club/first team etc is certainly not in the millions, if there is anything after buying the shares and paying off the debt to STF. 

It's also possible that his repayment of the mortgage was by way of a loan from him/his bank/company to Hibs, rather than a gift.

(as someone else previously mentioned).

black stump

The only debt was an interest-free loan to Farmer, repaid at half a mil a year so they don't have to shell out that any more.

Nowhere near enough to challenge the Old Firm. Depends how much the yank really puts into the club...

Just now, black stump said:

The only debt was an interest-free loan to Farmer, repaid at half a mil a year so they don't have to shell out that any more.

Nowhere near enough to challenge the Old Firm. Depends how much the yank really puts into the club...

the way they're talking it's debt paid AND 6m into the coffers. 

Scnorthedinburgh

So a very rich man with a love for the club and area, sells up suddenly to a less rich man with no previous interest in the club for a rock bottom price.

Hasn't that happened in Scotland before? Wonder how it worked out?

black stump
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Even that wont make a huge difference. Nice to have but they would need that every year to come close to mounting a real challenge. Deluded lot...

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

All a bit vague really. ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nice timing then, coincidence obviously.

...a bit disco

There's a strong financial reason why Americans are pumping money in to clubs in the UK.

It ain't for their love of soccerball either.

We have to stop worrying about What hibs are or aren’t going to do and just enjoy being a supporter of Edinburgh ‘s number 1 club Hearts.??

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Didn't know that mate, groundhog day in the Farmer family!

From what I understand he had no interest in football but saved them because friends persuaded him they were an important part of the community he grew up in, which is fair enough. It's true that you have to make the money before you can become philanthropic but he has supported many charitable clauses, a lot of them associated with the Catholic church in Scotland, for decades. I personally have zero respect for honours and in the unlikely scenario I was offered one by the Crown or indeed the Vatican I would turn them down flat but tbf to him he has stayed in Scotland, paid his taxes and helped people down the years. Not in the greatest of health by all accounts so this comes as no great surprise as his kids have no interest in the club.

He retired to the US in 1969 after selling his first tyre company after 5 years for £450k, got bored and came back in 1971. He does do charity work etc but he must’ve shafted a few folk over the years I would imagine. Lots of rumours of ill health and he didn’t look to good at the press conference.

Who knows this might change Hibs limited demographic hiring policy with a different owner. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

There's a strong financial reason why Americans are pumping money in to clubs in the UK.

It ain't for their love of soccerball either.

I can see it in the EPL, the Glazers are doing wonderful things to Man Utd. It’s not quite the same for Hibs and the Dundee clubs though.

Just now, Crete said:

We have to stop worrying about What hibs are or aren’t going to do and just enjoy being a supporter of Edinburgh ‘s number 1 club Hearts.??

The Terrace is for chat about football in general. It's an interesting topic. I don't see the harm.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Good to know ??

Although obviously concerned with the hibs new owners investment we must try and compete the best we can and stay positive I know it may be hard at this moment and time

I dont think anyone is concerned.New owner who is supposedly going to run the club within its means. They have less income than us so why be concerned.

I would be amazed if he starts paying massive wages or transfer fees and would imagine he aims to go down the same road we have with youth.

Calebs Grandad

An American multimillionaire buys Hibs from Tom Farmer for £6,000,000. This clears any debts the club have and pays for Farmers shareholding. New owner inherits the present playing squad and staff. What level of investment will he now make available to Heckingbottom to enable him to build a team capable of challenging for the £3,000,000+ prize money for winning the league? It doesn’t add up as he will never recoup his investment. 

1 hour ago, jackal said:

Do you think the papers are lying about it like?

Go read the report it's literally what is being said from that press conference.  

A seven-figure cash injection, believed to be around £6million, will also be ploughed into the club which could boost boss Paul Heckingbottom's transfer kitty.

Edited by Morph

6 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Although obviously concerned with the hibs new owners investment we must try and compete the best we can and stay positive I know it may be hard at this moment and time

If you look at England while you have Wolves who have put a lot of money in and done well. Aston Villa too. There are also loads of clubs who have put lots of money in and are failing.