Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

Just now, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I Forgot Weir was at Everton before going to Rangers well remembered chaps.

Think he partnered Stubbs for a while. Solid defence that. Chuck in Naysmith and that’s a good back line. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

rudi must stay

I think this could happen very soon. He's changed his Instagram photo to him celebrating a goal for Hearts 

davemclaren

Hopefully the club medical staff know more about Jamie’s injury proneness than some of the posters on here, if he does sign for us. 

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully the club medical staff know more about Jamie’s injury proneness than some of the posters on here, if he does sign for us. 

I’ll be totally honest here, and say that I hope injury has played a part in his dicey last few seasons. If it’s been a cyst on his knee that’s now been fixed, then i’ve got hope that he can get back to the sort of form he showed previously. If it’s something else, like his arse collapsing as soon as the Hun started sniffing around, then that is far more concerning imo.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’ll be totally honest here, and say that I hope injury has played a part in his dicey last few seasons. If it’s been a cyst on his knee that’s now been fixed, then i’ve got hope that he can get back to the sort of form he showed previously. If it’s something else, like his arse collapsing as soon as the Hun started sniffing around, then that is far more concerning imo.

True

Thing is we don't know, but the club (Levein particularly) probably does. The fact that he was picked again and again after people on here said he had stopped trying suggests to me  it was probably the injuries plus a loss of confidence/ form.

34 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Thing is we don't know, but the club (Levein particularly) probably does.

This is what I am clinging too.

132goals1958
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If it was positive they would still question it and want the medical staff binned

12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What injuries did Greg Stewart suffer? And Calum Paterson was always a much better player than Walker for starters but that's a digression. It comes down to Walker playing in a position we don't need, i.e. off the striker and Walker being a massive injury risk. That's it! Nothing more, nothing less.

Not that they can be compared and its completely irrelevant but at no point in time has Calum Paterson been a ‘better player’ than Jamie Walker!

Fitter, stronger, better built and more athletic, yes.

More suited to playing in a top league, absolutely.

A ‘better football player’? Not for me.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Whatever said:

Not that they can be compared and its completely irrelevant but at no point in time has Calum Paterson been a ‘better player’ than Jamie Walker!

Wow!

Not going to disabuse you but wow.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:huh2:

I think at times folk have maybe overplayed CP and underplayed JW - but CP can play in multiple positions, scored only 4 less goals for Hearts than JW and whilst playing some games at the back. His goals to games ratio was also better - and he made it to the Championship and played in the EPL!

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow!

Not going to disabuse you but wow.

Crack on. :D

First touch, awareness, ability on the ball. Basically everything that I interpret as being required to be a ‘good footballer’, Jamie Walker is better.

Now.........I understand what qualities CP has and how a team needs different players with different attributes. I’m also aware that a team with 10 Jamie Walkers would struggle to win a single game all season long.

In my interpretation of a ‘player’ JW is better than CP hands down. So there ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Whatever said:

Crack on. :D

First touch, awareness, ability on the ball. Basically everything that I interpret as being required to be a ‘good footballer’, Jamie Walker is better.

Now.........I understand what qualities CP has and how a team needs different players with different attributes. I’m also aware that a team with 10 Jamie Walkers would struggle to win a single game all season long.

In my interpretation of a ‘player’ JW is better than CP hands down. So there ?

Ok.......

:blink:

10 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I Forgot Weir was at Everton before going to Rangers well remembered chaps.

Wow. Quite right, of course. Somehow my head edited that out.

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm not sure one of Scotland's largest clubs screwing young home grown players over is worth celebrating. There's a huge difference with the other players as Rangers were prepared to pay a fair fee. We can blame Rangers for their dirty tricks or we can blame young players, or more realistically their agents. I prefer to blame Rangers and agents personally.

I’m not celebrating Rangers ruining their careers. I’m just observing that the players who behaved badly to get their desired move to the Orcs all had it fall apart in the end. There’s some justice in that, and a warning to other young players.

Wlaker is (was) a naturally gifted player who had the capability to be a regular international player but somehow didn't seem to have the focus or determination necessary to succeed.  I don't think his agent or his father have helped him if we are to believe half of what we read.  It would not be a bad idea for him to ditch social media as well, at least as regards football matters.

Now he looks to have a second chance and if he approaches it with all guns blazing I can almost guarantee he will be in the Scotland squad very soon as we don't have players better than him on his day.   The choice is his.

I liked both players when on their game - but if I could have a fit JW or CP back at Tynecastle, I'd take CP all day long. No doubt about it.

Inch Hearts
45 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

:lol:  Top trolling bud.

59 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wlaker is (was) a naturally gifted player who had the capability to be a regular international player but somehow didn't seem to have the focus or determination necessary to succeed.  I don't think his agent or his father have helped him if we are to believe half of what we read.  It would not be a bad idea for him to ditch social media as well, at least as regards football matters.

Now he looks to have a second chance and if he approaches it with all guns blazing I can almost guarantee he will be in the Scotland squad very soon as we don't have players better than him on his day.   The choice is his.

I don't know his agent but know his dad and to be quite Frank if you think his father's hindered Jamie's football career then you're off your rocker

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

I don't know his agent but know his dad and to be quite Frank if you think his father's hindered Jamie's football career then you're off your rocker

You would do well to read what I said.   My statement included the words IF WE ARE TO BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT WE READ.  I did not say that I personally think that.

I await your apology.

PS - My name is not Frank.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You would do well to read what I said.   My statement included the words IF WE ARE TO BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT WE READ.  I did not say that I personally think that.

I await your apology.

PS - My name is not Frank.

Stop believing half of what you read ..

?

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Stop believing half of what you read ..

?

I think you'd be better to actually read what people say and you might come across as a bit more credible.??

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you'd be better to actually read what people say and you might come across as a bit more credible.??

I'll read what folk say if you stop believing it all ?? 

Now there's a compromise , now I'm off back to work

7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I'll read what folk say if you stop believing it all ?? 

Now there's a compromise , now I'm off back to work

I'll try for a 3rd time

I said

IF we are to believe

I didn't say I DID BELIEVE

I hope your work doesn't involve reading English

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll try for a 3rd time

I said

IF we are to believe

I didn't say I DID BELIEVE

I hope your work doesn't involve reading English

Strange thing to mention if you don't believe it .

Anyway I'm out of this thread  until he's got a scarf above his head

15 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Strange thing to mention if you don't believe it .

Anyway I'm out of this thread  until he's got a scarf above his head

It will seem strange to someone who can't read properly or see the wider issues.

StirlingJambo
5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Its the Jamie Walker playing with Naismith that excites me, somebody who can make space for him.

I'm in!

Im still excited with Uche playing with Naismith. At the start of the season wee were on fire with uche making plenty space for Naismith with alot of goals and chances being created. Once they got injured the good performances pretty much stop. Played again a handful of times at start of year but neither were fit.

12 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Im still excited with Uche playing with Naismith. At the start of the season wee were on fire with uche making plenty space for Naismith with alot of goals and chances being created. Once they got injured the good performances pretty much stop. Played again a handful of times at start of year but neither were fit.

Add Washington into the mix and the front  4 could well be a joy to watch at times

Edited by jambocub
Missing word

I wonder if people genuinely understand the concept of making 12/15/17k a week. Like I know we laugh at it and we all say “I’d never play for them....”. That is a staggering amount of money, even if you are used to making 2/3/4K a week. Then you add in everything else that comes with playing for a club like Rangers, free cars, houses for the family, boxes for the family, fan base etc etc no sane person would turn that down, no matter your loyalty. Paul Ritchie, Andy Webster, Jamie Walker.....they cant be blamed for having their heads turned. It’s only normal. If we have a fully fit, fully motivated jamie walker then he improves us, there is no doubt about that. I hate when players leave, especially for the old firm but I couldn’t pretend I wouldn’t do the same. 15k a week, 720k a year, 2.1 million over a 3 year contract, 10k bonuses, free cars, free houses for your family.........

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

His dad is an arsehole who made Jamie's life a misery in his teens. 

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I wonder if people genuinely understand the concept of making 12/15/17k a week. Like I know we laugh at it and we all say “I’d never play for them....”. That is a staggering amount of money, even if you are used to making 2/3/4K a week. Then you add in everything else that comes with playing for a club like Rangers, free cars, houses for the family, boxes for the family, fan base etc etc no sane person would turn that down, no matter your loyalty. Paul Ritchie, Andy Webster, Jamie Walker.....they cant be blamed for having their heads turned. It’s only normal. If we have a fully fit, fully motivated jamie walker then he improves us, there is no doubt about that. I hate when players leave, especially for the old firm but I couldn’t pretend I wouldn’t do the same. 15k a week, 720k a year, 2.1 million over a 3 year contract, 10k bonuses, free cars, free houses for your family.........

And only a 10 year career if you are lucky. Baffles me folk can’t see that. They’re either lying or really stupid if they wouldn’t do the same. 

Does anyone know the latest between Walker and Wigan? 

Does Walker want a pay off or do Wigan want a fee for him?

Did he travel with the squad on their preseason tour? 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It's how you behave and go about it though. He wasn't particularly professional about it and that's what pisses folk off. 

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Then you add in everything else that comes with playing for a club like Rangers, free cars, houses for the family, boxes for the family, fan base etc

Cleverly tossing in a big negative at the end of all those positives there, I noticed.

10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Interesting. I know nothing at all about that. What I do remember is this though:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rubbish-claims-jamie-walkers-10543121

**** knows what his old man was thinking. Don't think he helped matters there at all.

11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's how you behave and go about it though. He wasn't particularly professional about it and that's what pisses folk off. 

Yeah he went about it wrong, I get that. Many would do the same for that kind of money, not that that makes it better. 

17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wow  !

Just you wait until Jambocub gets back from his work ?

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Cleverly tossing in a big negative at the end of all those positives there, I noticed.

Argued with myself about adding that in. 

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Interesting. I know nothing at all about that. What I do remember is this though:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rubbish-claims-jamie-walkers-10543121

**** knows what his old man was thinking. Don't think he helped matters there at all.

“Jamie has been with the club since 2003 and has developed into one of Scotland’s brightest young talents. Since making his first-team debut in 2012, Jamie has gone on to make 162 appearances and has scored 38 goals, including 15 goals in season 2016/17.

“Naturally, the club wants him to stay and made earnest efforts to secure his long-term future here at Hearts. Those efforts were reflected in the new three-year deal offered to the player in February 2017, one which would’ve made Jamie the highest paid player at the club.

“Despite Jamie initially agreeing to sign this contract, the club was then informed that he had changed his mind and would not be signing the new deal.

“Despite the club doing everything in its power to hold onto, and reward, one of its top youth products, it would seem that the player would prefer to see out the remaining year of his contract, leaving the club in a no-win situation.

GHTF

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wow  !

Jambocub and The Jamie Walker Protection League quickly swing in to action.

footballfactory1_3211395k.jpg

16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, but Jambocub told me I should not believe all I read........

I have no doubt he'll comment when he finishes work.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There are people on here who dont post when they are at work??

WTF?

34 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Correct.  Just look at Paul Hartley for example, a massive Celtic fan that left us for them and he is still held in high regard by us.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you believe everything you read?

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wow  !

Couldn't care less. 

Jamie's best pal is a builder who done work on our house and told me a bit about his family. Not good at all. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Love this old arguement.  For me, I wouldn't touch R, C or Hibs with a bargepole.  Wouldn't matter what they offered.  If I was good enough to go to any of them  I'd be good enough to go somewhere else.

I accept the contrary opinion but I dont agree with it and never will.

Robbo-Jambo
5 hours ago, Whatever said:

A footballer who is determined to make the most of his chance in football is Callum Paterson. 

Walker Nicholson and King were probably better players technically but look at them out of that same team?

You need drive and ambition as well and CP has that in abundance. 

People used to say he threw tantrums but he was a winner and hated losing to anyone including the arse cheeks. It was because he cared while others including senior players shrugged their shoulders. 

That is why he will succeed and make a lot of money out of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Love this old arguement.  For me, I wouldn't touch R, C or Hibs with a bargepole.  Wouldn't matter what they offered.  If I was good enough to go to any of them  I'd be good enough to go somewhere else.

I accept the contrary opinion but I dont agree with it and never will.

Have you ever had 15k in the bank, like 15k that you could spend on anything you wanted? Or have you ever opened your pay packet at the end of the month and there was 60k in it? I hate Celtic, Rangers and Hibs as much as everyone else, I’d happily bin my hatred for 15k a week. Maybe am weird. Sets your whole family up for life potentially. He could’ve positioned himself better and could’ve acted better, I don’t disagree with that but I can’t blame him for chasing that kind of cash.