Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

Not sure about this one, disappointed in the club tbh because to me it's going backwards in many respects. He needs to work hard and prove to the fans that he deserves this contract. He has obvious skill, but he's slow and injury prone. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah ok and did Cathro tell him to get himself sent off to avoid playing Rangers in the next game or wait, did Cathro get him to feign injury to avoid playing them in another game ?

These points were certainly made at the time but whether you're right or wrong, we need to get behind the team from the off and let bygones be bygones.

I hope Walker and Washington got, or will get, the Murder Hill treatment to align them with their new colleagues.

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

He could well turn out to be even better than the pre sevco tapping days.

He's been down south. Didn't work. It's now out of his system.

He will return back a far more mature player.

He will be motivated to make this opportunity work, as it's effectively his last chance to play at this level. If he can't cut it here now, his career will only go in one direction.

Just imagine the kid that starred for us a few seasons ago with a bit more football sense and responsibility. 

That's the new improved version of JW I really anticipate watching.

I'm staying positive on this one and believe that's exactly the player we will see.

Yep, totally agree, I think he could be even better this time around. He could actually finish here a legend, can’t put a price on that. 

Dagger Is Back

I've fecked up in my life before. Thankfully folks were willing to cut me some slack and give me another chance. Because of that I felt I owed them and as a result I worked my bollocks off to repay them

Welcome back JW - the JW I like to remember improves our squad without any shadow of doubt

colinmaroon

I'm in the repentance and forgiveness business, in that order.

So, let the walk do the talk and I will be delighted.

It should have been ten
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

These points were certainly made at the time but whether you're right or wrong, we need to get behind the team from the off and let bygones be bygones.

I hope Walker and Washington got, or will get, the Murder Hill treatment to align them with their new colleagues.

True. I’m far from happy he’s back but wether some of us are happy or not he’s here now. He’s hardly kicked a ball since he left so who knows what to expect with him this season. I won’t be booing him that’s for sure but I won’t be singing his name either. I hope for his sake it works out. 

Edited by It should have been ten

OmiyaHearts

It's taken me a wee bit to come round to this signing. But after what I've read on bbc and seen on the interview, I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us again.

A man with a lot to prove and a brave move for him, in a way.

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

This could have a good effect on the young players coming through. It might show them that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that their development is going to be more positive playing regularly at Hearts

I made that point earlier.

We have a good few young impressionables.

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Proven by the way Pressley is still called a snake by many of our fans. Walker done worse imo the way he whored himself all over social media, etc liking anything and everything to do with the huns WHILST still a Hearts player but that would seems to be fine. 

Or maybe the fact it was the Rangers makes it ok ?

Maybe not “ok”, but certainly more forgivable than beating your chest to the celtic support. 

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Proven by the way Pressley is still called a snake by many of our fans. Walker done worse imo the way he whored himself all over social media, etc liking anything and everything to do with the huns WHILST still a Hearts player but that would seems to be fine. 

Or maybe the fact it was the Rangers makes it ok ?

Who cares about social media though? Only a small proportion of people use Twitter and Instagram. An even smaller proportion of those are actually very active and only a small proportion of those really care what's on it.

Unless you're a modern-day journalist of course, in which case Twitter etc are highly important news sources to be quoted and taken seriously at all times.

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe not “ok”, but certainly more forgivable than beating your chest to the celtic support. 

More forgivable considering Walker was a Hearts player at the time he was liking everything and everything to with the huns...yet Pressley was a Celtic player 

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Not unhappy to see Jamie back at all. 

Welcome home lad. 

:cornette: Clueless 

It should have been ten
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Who cares about social media though? Only a small proportion of people use Twitter and Instagram. An even smaller proportion of those are actually very active and only a small proportion of those really care what's on it.

Unless you're a modern-day journalist of course, in which case Twitter etc are highly important news sources to be quoted and taken seriously at all times.

A lot of people cared at the time. Seems short memories are the in thing.

Pleased with this signing I think it will be down to Ollie and Jamie to fight out this position in the middle of the park can make them and is better ?

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nice one, Roxy. Have a feeling he will. Things didn't work out but home is where the heart is. 

There are a few who probably want him to fail to prove some sort of stupid point to suit their agenda.

Not true at all in my case anyway. I hope it does work out for him AND the team. No doubting he has talent. There’s absolutely no agenda, just don’t like the laddie. Doubt he cares though :lol:

Edited by It should have been ten

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

More forgivable considering Walker was a Hearts player at the time he was liking everything and everything to with the huns...yet Pressley was a Celtic player 

:facepalm:

Most Hearts fans lose all sense of reason when it comes to celtic. 

Neither Walker or Presley did themselves any favours but playing up to a celtic away support is low. 

I suspect a PHM like Walker would have been in the crowd that day and giving Presley pelters. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Most Hearts fans lose all sense of reason when it comes to celtic. 

Neither Walker or Presley did themselves any favours but playing up to a celtic away support is low. 

I suspect a PHM like Walker would have been in the crowd that day and giving Presley pelters. 

Aye true, they were both arseholes for doing what they did. 

Is Scottish football so bad, a highly rated player, at the time,  can't even cut it at wigan. Hopefully he can get some kind of rhythm back and improve us. Our dud list is starting to get out of hand.

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Is Scottish football so bad, a highly rated player, at the time,  can't even cut it at wigan. Hopefully he can get some kind of rhythm back and improve us. Our dud list is starting to get out of hand.

A lot of Wigan fans seem to think he was brought in by the previous manager where he was relatively involved and then not fancied by his replacement.  

I’ve done a total U-Turn on this. Was dead against it originally but after seeing him back in maroon it just feels right.

He better be ready to do some serious making up though, I’m still raging at him deep down for the way he treated the club in his last few months

Seems to me that what is not in dispute is that at his best, he is a very good player at our level.

Let's all hope then that we will see him at his best on a consistent basis and he can be injury free.

Captain Bubblebeard

Would be interested to know what his wage is vs the wage he rejected before leaving us originally...

He totally pissed me off attitude wise before he left, however perhaps a bit of realism will have sorted him out. Tynecastle will love you again but you better get the finger out son...

Just now, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Would be interested to know what his wage is vs the wage he rejected before leaving us originally...

Yeah, his career is/was on the down, so don't think it would right to make him highest paid (or among the).

I think i'm in the happy to forgive, but won't be forgetting camp. 

Punks No Deid

A focused Jamie with a point to prove will be a serious asset - there’s no doubting his natural talent. I think he’s realised that this is where he’ll do his best work - n hopefully dumped his agent as well 

Seeing as it’s now official:

All the best Walker, I hope you are a runaway success. Welcome back.

Hope it works out well.

No making up from him required on my part, how he left doesn't bother me much.

Think it's a poor signing though, he's not the player he was imo.

Edited by Taffin

Another good signing.

We need more, however, if we mean business. 

If we can afford to waste money on shite (and we have); we can afford to keep making good signings. 

Jambof3tornado

Certainly wouldnt have offered him 3 years.

Needs to try harder on the pitch for me.

Time will tell.

Fantastic signing - delighted to have him home.

I reckon he’ll thrive playing with Naismith.

Wasn’t happy with the way he left but I’ve got over other players that dicked us about. Good player for us, plenty ability but done **** all since he left and dodgy knees - so not sure how it’ll work out. However I hope he’s a massive success. 

And as others have suggested, I’d hold off on the badge kissing and tell the missus and old man to stay off social media. 

Absolutely delighted he’s back. A player that can win you a game with a bit of magic. We need players who are comfortable on the ball. 

:HeartsMandance:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Fantastic signing - delighted to have him home.

I reckon he’ll thrive playing with Naismith.

Yip

42 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

‘I’m over the moon to be back’

yeah, you don’t look it. 

Ha. He really didn't, also looked quite nervous, kept scratching his neck and arms. 

But hey, That's maybe just him. 

I'm sure he'll show his worth on the pitch. 

But hey, t

Edited by Aich E Eh

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Ha. He really didn't, also looked quite nervous, kept scratching his neck and arms. 

But hey, That's maybe just him. 

I'm sure he'll show his worth on the pitch. 

But hey, t

He's quite a shy guy in real life.

I don't think he enjoys being in front of a camera like that.

jamboinglasgow

Watched his interview, and while I take it with a pinch of salt as it is a club interview, I get the sense of a guy who knows he has to prove himself. 

I hope we can get the best out of him as if we can, then he is the match winner we need.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, TheStig said:

If Greg Stewart can resurrect his career up here after a disappointing time down south so can Walker.