• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Makes more sense 

I’m not sure what the hold up is if this is all true. I was told last Thursday from a guy who knows him (how well I’m not sure, but does know him)

Portable Badger
4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Except most poor feckers we sign haven't acted like dickheads to the club previously so. Walker will have to prove himself more than a new signing, and rightly so. 

I don't disagree with you that if he joins he will singularly have more to prove to us cos of the appalling manner of his departure.  My point was more that he will have to prove this within seconds of his first match otherwise he will be crucified by sections of the support.

1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I don't disagree with you that if he joins he will singularly have more to prove to us cos of the appalling manner of his departure.  My point was more that he will have to prove this within seconds of his first match otherwise he will be crucified by sections of the support.

No he won’t. Don’t be stupid.

Vlad the impaler

Surprised CL has dealt with Walkers agent again,unless Houldsworth doesn’t represent him anymore

Tennant's  6's

Underwhelming 'meh' signing..

Had fanciful hopes of the likes of Adam, Marshall, Bryson, Washington signing..

Halket is a good addition, Naismith too, but defo need more quality and winners in the team 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not sure what the hold up is if this is all true. I was told last Thursday from a guy who knows him (how well I’m not sure, but does know him)

Heard it was a done deal and that he was heading back to Wigan to negotiate a pay of for the last year of his contract . But like I say I heard it was a 4 year deal he has been offered so could be wrong . 

Jamie Walker just posted a screenshot of his phone. It was a screenshot of Google Maps and he was on restalrig road. To the left of restalrig road is Easter road . He put a big jobbie emoji on that green area!  That’ll do for me #hateshibs

Welcome back Jamie Walker ??

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

Underwhelming 'meh' signing..

Had fanciful hopes of the likes of Adam, Marshall, Bryson, Washington signing..

Halket is a good addition, Naismith too, but defo need more quality and winners in the team 

This.

If Jamie "cannae wait to play for Rangers" Walker is the level of player we are going for we are in real trouble for the foreseeable. 

Complete lack of ambition from all at Hearts. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Heard it was a done deal and that he was heading back to Wigan to negotiate a pay of for the last year of his contract . But like I say I heard it was a 4 year deal he has been offered so could be wrong . 

If it’s 4years I hope the wages are £50.00 a week.

There has been a lot of money wasted on wages.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can’t agree with this at all. If he’s physically not up to lower league English Football, then are we to expect more of the same from him in derbies? Bartley had him shitting his pants, and he wasn’t able to compete with the rest of their midfield. 

Because wee weedy guys have shown they can do ok in Scotland but not England. 

We have 38 - 45 games a season, why are you worrying about 4 of them? Plus Hibs midfield next season will be pish.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

If Jamie "cannae wait to play for Rangers" Walker is the level of player we are going for we are in real trouble for the foreseeable. 

Tbf, Rangers have just signed Jones and Stewart. Walker at his best is better than both 

Will he be at his best? I really hope so. I’ll have to be won over like the majority 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If it’s 4years I hope the wages are £50.00 a week.

There has been a lot of money wasted on wages.

Like I say I'm in no way ITK , just heard we had offered him 4 years and he was negotiating a pay off from Wigan . Time will tell I suppose 

45 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

This isn’t what happened. Webster invoked a piece of extreme small print to try to get out of his contract when he still had a year to run. In actual fact he was never eligible for that particular loophole (despite being the first player to make use of it) as he had played too many games for us in the preceding year, the aim of the clause being to prevent players from being frozen out entirely. He was eventually found by a tribunal to have broken his contract illegally and was fined. Didn’t do us a lot of good though as we missed out on a transfer fee.

What would you have had Vlad do? He had two choices - sell Webster to Rangers on the cheap, or to play hardball. We weren’t getting actual market value for him whatever happened. Vlad may well have been advised that Webster didn’t qualify for the loophole (that was certainly reported in the news) and would therefore be left without a leg to stand on. I doubt he expected him to break his contract illegally.

With respect to Walker, I’m underwhelmed. He has done nothing whatsoever since he left.

Revisionistic pish 

Webster still had nearly 18 months of his contract left - Romanov wanted him to sign a new deal.

He didn’t sign the new deal and Webster got a big bad dose of Vlad flu.

He faced 18 months not playing football because Romanov was a ****. 

There is a right and a wrong here and Romanov was the latter - you don’t drop one of your top 2 or 3 prospects because he won’t sign a contract which still had 18 months to go.

I don’t agree with it in the last 6 months but it’s more understandable then

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Because wee weedy guys have shown they can do ok in Scotland but not England. 

We have 38 - 45 games a season, why are you worrying about 4 of them? Plus Hibs midfield next season will be pish.

Yes, if you say so. I’ve not given it a lot of thought before. I’m sure you are right though.

Doesn’t detract from the fact that Walker shit his scants in derbies when things started getting a little physical though.

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Revisionistic pish 

Webster still had nearly 18 months of his contract left - Romanov wanted him to sign a new deal.

There is a right and a wrong here and Romanov was the latter - you don’t drop one of your top 2 or 3 prospects because he won’t sign a contract which still had 18 months to go.

Pretty sure the whole point of the contract loophole was you only had to pay the value of what was left of his contract, which wouldn’t  have been as much as what we could have sold him for. 

CloustonHMFC
49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The hold up is he needs to agree his release from Wigan. He was told he could find another club and has agreed terms with us but can’t be finalised until his release is finalised. He’ll, 100%, be a Hearts player before the squad heads to Ireland. I’ve also been told that there’s a slight possibility that he could be in the squad for Saturdays friendly against Arbroath if it’s done quickly. 

At least with Walker we do know there's a player there, it's just a case of whether he has the desire and will to rediscover the form which ironically started all the problems!!

As long as he can stay fit and he's given a fair crack by the support I think he could be a great signing.

33 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It amazes me how childish some of you are , get over what happened he is a very good player and we need players like him 

before the nonsense that happened he was the best player at the club

JW signing is fantastic news well pleased by this 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The last thing we need in the team is a cokeheid ned like Spunkbucket. 

On that stuff is he?

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

On that stuff is he?

Think he is exactly what we need ....he is one of these players every time he has the ball I was expecting something to happen 

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Revisionistic pish 

Don’t be absurd. It’s hardly revisionist - it’s what half the board was saying at the time it was actually happening.

Which part of what I said is factually inaccurate? Webster made use of a little known loophole to get out of the last year of his contract. He was subsequently found to have done so illegally and was fined. This is a matter of record, not my opinion.

The part you miss out is that Rangers had been sniffing around Webster for some time, and were almost certainly the reason behind Webster’s refusal to sign a new contract - Rangers thought that if they tapped him up and unsettled him, they would end up getting him for a small fee - or, worst case, on a Bosman after his contract expired. Vlad never reacted well to OF manipulation tactics, hence the Vlad flu. You could say it was wrong of him to do it, but Webster was hardly blameless either, given that he found a way not to honour a contract he had entered into freely.

I was pleased Webster came back and I was happy to forgive him. Water under the bridge. But I’m afraid it’s your version of him as the tragic hero which is ‘revisionist’.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Don’t be absurd. It’s hardly revisionist - it’s what half the board was saying at the time it was actually happening.

Which part of what I said is factually inaccurate? Webster made use of a little known loophole to get out of the last year of his contract. He was subsequently found to have done so illegally and was fined. This is a matter of record, not my opinion.

The part you miss out is that Rangers had been sniffing around Webster for some time, and were almost certainly the reason behind Webster’s refusal to sign a new contract - Rangers thought that if they tapped him up and unsettled him, they would end up getting him for a small fee - or, worst case, on a Bosman after his contract expired. Vlad never reacted well to OF manipulation tactics, hence the Vlad flu. You could say it was wrong of him to do it, but Webster was hardly blameless either, given that he found a way not to honour a contract he had entered into freely.

I was pleased Webster came back and I was happy to forgive him. Water under the bridge. But I’m afraid it’s your version of him as the tragic hero which is ‘revisionist’.

Good post

25 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Pretty sure the whole point of the contract loophole was you only had to pay the value of what was left of his contract, which wouldn’t  have been as much as what we could have sold him for. 

Yes. Hearts were awarded £650,000 by a FIFA tribunal based on his wages and value. This was appealed by both sides and went to the Court for Arbitration for Sport - who ruled he only had to pay us £150,000. We got properly screwed over.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Surprised CL has dealt with Walkers agent again,unless Houldsworth doesn’t represent him anymore

Would be surprised if he does still rep him. He has trashed the boys career in the rush for cash. Wouldn’t think Jamie will feel that his agent has done a great job after he promised him a chest of gold pieces in Govan and he ended up on loan in Peterborough. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I'm a bit concerned about having both Naismith and Walker in our front line with them having one knee between them. If they stay fit, then great. Otherwise, it's going to be an expensive physio's table.

Genuinely laughed at that.

Simple but brilliant.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

hI don't disagree with you that if he joins he will singularly have more to prove to us cos of the appalling manner of his departure.  My point was more that he will have to prove this within seconds of his first match otherwise he will be crucified by sections of the support.

''Within seconds''?

How, run out on to the pitch on his debut, whip out his tadger which is tattooed like A Hearts bar scarf?

Within seconds. FFS.

54 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Unfortunately Jammy T, has never been able to see past his hatred for Romanov. It clouds his ability to see wrong doing in anyone who ever went up against him. Even when that person is a snakey *****.

Vlad the impaler
35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be surprised if he does still rep him. He has trashed the boys career in the rush for cash. Wouldn’t think Jamie will feel that his agent has done a great job after he promised him a chest of gold pieces in Govan and he ended up on loan in Peterborough. 

He’s trashed a few players careers,Holt,Cummings,Allan and walkers! No idea why any players would go near him

Jambof3tornado

Totally underwhelmed.

On his day a great asset for the 10 minutes he plays well every 9 matches or so.

20 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He’s trashed a few players careers,Holt,Cummings,Allan and walkers! No idea why any players would go near him

Hun-friendly backgrounds clouding their judgement?

21 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Yup. An utter wrecking ball of an agent. God knows how he weaselled his way in with so many. Hopefully Levein can keep him away from any of the kids we've got coming through.

You can add Billy King to that scrapheap too I think?

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hun-friendly backgrounds clouding their judgement?

Every chance. He doesn’t appreciate his agent orange title getting relaid to him on social platforms....it doesn’t half bring out his unprofessional side ?

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Totally underwhelmed.

On his day a great asset for the 10 minutes he plays well every 9 matches or so.

This really

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. An utter wrecking ball of an agent. God knows how he weaselled his way in with so many. Hopefully Levein can keep him away from any of the kids we've got coming through.

You can add Billy King to that scrapheap too I think?

McNulty is another under his guidance. Doesn’t like getting questioned on the dogs mess he’s made of so many young players careers either

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Totally underwhelmed.

This isn’t a thread about Sean Clare...

::troll:: 

Fast forward 3 months, "he's still coming back from an injury, needs time to fit in with the current system. Wait until next season when he has had a full pre-season." 

?

Of course, hoping it will go the other way and he'll be an absolute revelation.

If Walker is motivated and performs on the pitch then he will win me over. We need creativity and Walker has it. Too many people on here behaving like the big brother of a girl that has been previously dumped...

21 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Every chance. He doesn’t appreciate his agent orange title getting relaid to him on social platforms....it doesn’t half bring out his unprofessional side ?

Good to know. Does he go by his real name on social media?

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good to know. Does he go by his real name on social media?

Friends only on Twitter.

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

It amazes me how childish some of you are , get over what happened he is a very good player and we need players like him 

before the nonsense that happened he was the best player at the club

JW signing is fantastic news well pleased by this 

He's not a very good player, otherwise he wouldn't be returning, he was hellish inconsistent and couldn't cut it in lower league English football. 

Obviously I want him to be back here with renewed fire in his belly but I just can't see it. 

Totze soz if that makes me childish.