Pans Jambo

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

David Milliband would be a good choice, imo.

For either the Tories or Labour.

And re your second post- the "Tories" don't want Boris.

The membership want Boris.

The two things are different.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Boris affect(Or is it effect) is kicking in. Yes up to 49%, but Boris as PM 53%. And he's yet to be crowned. It'll be 60% by the start of the season. :jambobanana:<Me!

Effect is the noun, affect is the verb.

- The Boris Effect is increasing the likelihood of Scottish independence. :jambobanana:
- Boris is positively affecting Scottish independence sentiment. :jambobanana:

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Tories are feart of Nige, they should take him on, because whenever I've seen him tackled, he folds like a red-hot Milky way.

Surely post Brexit no-one can  be that ignorant of Farage to vote for him, especially with his views on what should happen to the NHS.

Edited by DETTY29

Dirty Deeds

What odds that Boris' bird front up to say the argument was her fault and about something and nothing?

He'll then empty the bunny boiler rather than walk in to No.10 hand in hand.

Boris is finished.No debate tomorrow in the huff.We cannot and will not leave the EU.The land of hope and glory is no more so they better get used to it.

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My take:

boris is a disaster and I agree will boost SNP cause.  However he will be long gone by 2021 Scottish elections and neither he not hunt will grant an independence before them.

i think whether brexit happens or not the current crop of Tory MP’s will all be branded toxic and will be out and some new faces will come through who are more palatable.  Rory Stewart being the first example.  

While i agree Boris is a shambles of a man and his personal life is embarrassing I do think SNP supporters should show some caution, Alex Salmond is in court facing a number of charges including attempted rape, some of which I assume occurred while in office.  The outrage over Johnson’s private life antics pales into insignificance compared to that.  And if it turns out through the case that Nicola Sturgeon knew things it could get very messy very quickly.  

Maybe we should all just stick to disagreeing about policies and political views.

Is Salmond vying for number 10???

Didn't think so. He's not even in office.

If he gets found guilty he deserves all that's coming to him. 

Can't see the argument. 

Tories gonna Tory. A new puss or 2 won't make a difference. Nasty party. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Agree. A hard Brexit with bj as pm and independence is guaranteed. I feel a bit guilty wanting the first 2 to happen but England voted for Brexit and the tories seem to want bj as pm so its their problem, hopefully 

I’m still not certain Scotland will vote for independence tbh. Crank up the fear again, currency, out of U.K. and EU etc and i reckon we’ll bottle it. 

Edited by jack D and coke

31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m still not certain Scotland will vote for independence tbh. Crank up the fear again, currency, out of U.K. and EU etc and i reckon we’ll bottle it. 

Problem is that losing EU membership was a part of project fear last time around, and most of the rest of it has been debunked and proven to be total lies in the intervening years.

In that time we've seen English parties using the threat of Scottish MPs being in a coalition to sway English voters.

Actually saying that Scottish MPs should have no say in Westminster.

The unionists keep making the SNP's case for them.

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, Cade said:

Problem is that losing EU membership was a part of project fear last time around, and most of the rest of it has been debunked and proven to be total lies in the intervening years.

In that time we've seen English parties using the threat of Scottish MPs being in a coalition to sway English voters.

Actually saying that Scottish MPs should have no say in Westminster.

The unionists keep making the SNP's case for them.

Don’t disagree with you mate but still not convinced we’ve got the bottle tbh. 

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Don’t disagree with you mate but still not convinced we’ve got the bottle tbh. 

The difficulty is that when Scottish Nationalists rely on the "English/ Westminster" angle, it kind of melts.

Brown-Scots

Blair- Scots

Gove- Scots

IDS - Scots

Hunt up in Peterhead visiting his great aunt.

We, in the UK are all cross-border mongrels, and have been inter-breeding for centuries and the notion that we are ruled by the English is, well, a bit flimsy.

A rational case for independence needs argued.

Nationalism is nasty and divisive- English or Scottish.

The country needs to stop this " we are controlled"  chat, and put forward a more positive message.

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The difficulty is that when Scottish Nationalists rely on the "English/ Westminster" angle, it kind of melts.

Brown-Scots

Blair- Scots

Gove- Scots

IDS - Scots

We, in the UK are all cross-border mongrels, and have been inter-breeding for centuries and the notion that we are ruled by the English is, well, a bit flimsy.

The country needs to stop this " we are controlled"  chat, and put forward a more positive message.

Westminster yes, English no. Apart from a few loonies independence is seen as breaking free from Westminster. I couldn't care less what nationality anyone is and neither could the independence movement. Everyone who makes their home in Scotland is welcome and Scottish nationalism is an all-inclusive nationalism. You are never going to vote for independence as your many posts on here show so changing your mind is not on the agenda. Changing the minds of those who believed the lies from the no camp last time is the target and, as the latest polls show, it's working 

54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Brown-Scots

Blair- Scots

Gove- Scots

IDS - Scots

So why does Scotland feel so isolated then?  Why is there a growing movement toward independence?

54 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

But we are ocntrolled!  For example, majority at Holyrood want another indy ref.  Westminster says no.

As has been pointed out, it's not about being Scottish or English, or being anti-English.  Far from it.  

56 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Westminster yes, English no. Apart from a few loonies independence is seen as breaking free from Westminster. I couldn't care less what nationality anyone is and neither could the independence movement. Everyone who makes their home in Scotland is welcome and Scottish nationalism is an all-inclusive nationalism. You are never going to vote for independence as your many posts on here show so changing your mind is not on the agenda. Changing the minds of those who believed the lies from the no camp last time is the target and, as the latest polls show, it's working 

"Scottish nationalism is an all-inclusive nationalism"

That's a bold statement! I'm not sure that's wholly agreed to.

7 minutes ago, Super T said:

Personally, I'd say that it is, but you will of course have the nutters who would disprove that.

Quite an interesting blog piece from the LSE

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/scottish-nationalism-stands-apart-from-other-secessionist-movements-for-being-civic-in-origin-rather-than-ethnic/

and one from the New Statesman.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/06/global-far-right-rises-snp-offering-inclusive-nationalism

44 minutes ago, Super T said:

an example is the 2014 referendum. In theory we could have made it for Scots only, and we would be independent by now. However the SNP insisted it was for everyone living in Scotland at the time; Scots,English,Welsh,NI, EU citizens. Totally unlike the EU referendum rules. Our country must be welcoming to all or it's not worth having

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, Boris said:

Personally, I'd say that it is, but you will of course have the nutters who would disprove that.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/scottish-nationalism-stands-apart-from-other-secessionist-movements-for-being-civic-in-origin-rather-than-ethnic/

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/06/global-far-right-rises-snp-offering-inclusive-nationalism

Interesting reading.

5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

- The Boris Effect is increasing the likelihood of Scottish independence. :jambobanana:

:jambobanana:

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Brown-Scots

Blair- Scots

Gove- Scots

IDS - Scots

Brown the only Scot representative of a Scottish constituency. They voted him out as soon as they could. And Gove is the only other Scots born with a Scottish accent.

If we're not controlled, why no Indyref2?

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

an example is the 2014 referendum. In theory we could have made it for Scots only, and we would be independent by now. However the SNP insisted it was for everyone living in Scotland at the time; Scots,English,Welsh,NI, EU citizens. Totally unlike the EU referendum rules. Our country must be welcoming to all or it's not worth having

Yep, and it's a drum consistently banged by Sturgeon as First Minister. One of the many reasons (outside of the actual people here) that I've felt so welcomed in Scotland.

maroonlegions
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There are other, plausible, reasons for the police's initial response to the question from the media than it being a 'cover up'.

Think the more plausible reason for a cover up is that they told porkies/lied about it.It was a straightforward yes did you respond or not,  that's the plausibility of it. 

Meanwhile.

maroonlegions

Not only is Bojo racist towards us Scots just take a look at this poll.This mob and its members are slowly being seen for what they really are, the selfservatives.

The Conservative party denies they have an Islamophobia problem.

This new poll finds widespread Islamophobia among Conservative Party members

New poll of members finds:

• 40% want limit on Muslims entering UK

• 43% don't want a Muslim PM
• 67% believe Sharia law rules parts of UK

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Think the more plausible reason for a cover up is that they told porkies/lied about it.It was a straightforward yes did you respond or not,  that's the plausibility of it. 

That wouldn't be more plausible than what you suggested, since it's exactly the same. Read back to one of my earlier posts in the thread - it was a question of timing. That's all.

Here's something else to feast your swivelly eyes upon:

D90c0nfWkAEhGoX.jpg

Do you think that that slimmer than Boris, with more hair than Boris person on the left could possibly be Boris?

And how about the terrible invasion of the couples' privacy by the paper that's edited by Boris's old Eton and Bullingdon chum?

Cruyff Turn
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Boris affect(Or is it effect) is kicking in. Yes up to 49%, but Boris as PM 53%. And he's yet to be crowned. It'll be 60% by the start of the season. :jambobanana:<Me!

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:jambobanana:

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That wouldn't be more plausible than what you suggested, since it's exactly the same. Read back to one of my earlier posts in the thread - it was a question of timing. That's all.

Here's something else to feast your swivelly eyes upon:

D90c0nfWkAEhGoX.jpg

Do you think that that slimmer than Boris, with more hair than Boris person on the left could possibly be Boris?

And how about the terrible invasion of the couples' privacy by the paper that's edited by Boris's old Eton and Bullingdon chum?

Fecking hell , just admit it, the police told porkies , they feckimng lied ,get over it. Nice try , expect nothing less from a Tory defending the undefendable.Your future clown of a PM fecked up.  As for the picture of him kissing and making up, makes not a jot of difference. The man's a utter clown but do bash on with your desperte defence of a man the a lot of the British public think is a car crash. Says a lot about you come to think of it.

Discussion Anthony GIF

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Fecking hell , just admit it, the police told porkies , they feckimng lied ,get over it. Nice try , expect nothing less from a Tory defending the undefendable.Your future clown of a PM fecked up.  As for the picture of him kissing and making up, makes not a jot of difference. The man's a utter clown but do bash on with your desperte defence of a man the a lot of the British public think is a car crash. Says a lot about you come to think of it.

Discussion Anthony GIF

Me?

A Tory?

"Defending Johnson"?

Jesus H. Christ!!! You're much less intelligent than I'd previously given you credit for. And, before you start reading a compliment into that, I hadn't set the bar very high before.

Maybe try reading what I wrote last time once more and see whether it's:

A. a 'desperte' defence of Johnson or

B. an allegation (a little tongue in cheek) that it's not actually a photo of Johnson and his bursds kissing and making up yesterday but, rather, a cynical attempt by his equally grotesque Eton/Bullingdon chum (Osborne - not Knightley; I feel I have to hold your hand through this) to paint a false picture of all being sweetness and light in the private life which Boris holds so very dear.

If any of the above comes across as offensive to you, you started it by calling me a Tory.

I P Knightley
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Another vile Tory.

No photo description available.

The EXACT same story I posted on page 8 of the thread but, somehow, I'm the feckin' Tory in all of this.

Colossal bellend.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Fair do's I'll accept your points. Maybe it's just my exposure to lunatics ?

On an aside my favourite weekly round up / digest I subscribe to is the LSE business review that they mail out each Friday. Every week there is at least one piece within the reading list that's a worthy read.

Johnson's cowardice wont make any difference to the approx 75% of the membership backing him.    It's just as likely to appeal to that kind of person and they'll likely blame the media for Johnson going awol from scrutiny.

But this does show up the party very,  very badly.    There must be lots of MPs and voters who'll be mortified.

maroonlegions
40 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Me?

A Tory?

"Defending Johnson"?

Jesus H. Christ!!! You're much less intelligent than I'd previously given you credit for. And, before you start reading a compliment into that, I hadn't set the bar very high before.

Maybe try reading what I wrote last time once more and see whether it's:

A. a 'desperte' defence of Johnson or

B. an allegation (a little tongue in cheek) that it's not actually a photo of Johnson and his bursds kissing and making up yesterday but, rather, a cynical attempt by his equally grotesque Eton/Bullingdon chum (Osborne - not Knightley; I feel I have to hold your hand through this) to paint a false picture of all being sweetness and light in the private life which Boris holds so very dear.

If any of the above comes across as offensive to you, you started it by calling me a Tory.

Looks like the my tongue in cheek post worked. You seem a tade angry which i expected. 

Of course you are not a Tory and of course your reply is full of what i was hoping for. 

In fact skim reading of posts can and do lead to misunderstandings and yes looking back i should have looked back at your posts, but as i said people can post in a style that is neither for or against the posters argument.

What it did show was that people resort to personal name calling and borderline abuse when a nerve is hit or they fail to see the sarcasm in which is the case with you in regards to that post of mine you replied to.

The intelligence of sarcasm  in a post and the ability to sniff it out are too different things.

You i am afraid to say  just could not see my pesh take, could not sniff out my utter sarcasm .

maroonlegions
43 minutes ago, Barack said:

Islamophobic Tories.

Anti-Semitic Labour.

Typical Liberal Democrats. Missing out on the big picture yet again.

All they're left with is Jedi.

Anti semitic Labour???

maroonlegions
52 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The EXACT same story I posted on page 8 of the thread but, somehow, I'm the feckin' Tory in all of this.

Colossal bellend.

No need to get abusive mate. As i said skim reading of posts can and will do cause misunderstandings or cross wires. 

`

83% of Tory members tolled want no deal exit.   Not on deadline day... now.     Straight to no deal without trying to avoid no deal.    

That's what is deciding the next PM.    Arseholes.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

83% of Tory members tolled want no deal exit.   Not on deadline day... now.     Straight to no deal without trying to avoid no deal.    

Which gaurantees Hunt has no chance 

Edited by Mikey1874

Do these senile auld *******s not realise that at some point we will have to make a deal with the EU?

And at that time ALL the stumbling blocks encountered now will still be there?

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Do these senile auld *******s not realise that at some point we will have to make a deal with the EU?

And at that time ALL the stumbling blocks encountered now will still be there?

Brexit has caused a sort of mass hysteria. 

The polls of Conservative members are mind boggling. 

I P Knightley
25 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Looks like the my tongue in cheek post worked. You seem a tade angry which i expected. 

Of course you are not a Tory and of course your reply is full of what i was hoping for. 

In fact skim reading of posts can and do lead to misunderstandings and yes looking back i should have looked back at your posts, but as i said people can post in a style that is neither for or against the posters argument.

What it did show was that people resort to personal name calling and borderline abuse when a nerve is hit or they fail to see the sarcasm in which is the case with you in regards to that post of mine you replied to.

The intelligence of sarcasm  in a post and the ability to sniff it out are too different things.

You i am afraid to say  just could not see my pesh take, could not sniff out my utter sarcasm .

Good God!

Perhaps if you  can't read, you shouldn't respond to posts. Especially not if you can't write.

I'll leave it there. My own kids are finishing their homework and I can have a more grown-up conversation with them when they're done.

maroonlegions
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Mr Corbyn has admitted there are “pockets” of antisemitism in Labour but said he was fully committed to eradicating it. He apologised for the “pain and hurt” caused to Jewish people."

It's there all the same, mate. Plenty of cases. Though, this isn't about tit-for-tat. Because like you, I could spend a week picking holes through a litany of Tory examples of scummy behaviour, but I can't be arsed. As we all know the craic by now.??

All the party's have their elements, no matter who much we wish to think otherwise, or support them. It's how they combat them is the important thing. 

Peace out, bro.

Yip but you would think going by the right wing media from day one that it was Corbyn who was the  chief anti semitic .

Also this was always a game of discreding Corbyn from the start.

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

And no deal brexit is what they shall get.

Meanwhile we will all get Boris and the shit show that entails.

It's up to Tory MPs to step up to the plate and contemplate backing a no confidence motion,   if required.     Installing Boris Johnson as PM is just the latest stage in a brutally sorry tale of political / governmental normality of standards being utterly dragged into disrepute.      Allowing him to become PM is allowing the genie out of the bottle.     Populist lunatics taking over the establishment.     

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Good God!

Perhaps if you  can't read, you shouldn't respond to posts. Especially not if you can't write.

I'll leave it there. My own kids are finishing their homework and I can have a more grown-up conversation with them when they're done.

And there you go again.

You have a history of posting personal abuse to me and you are doing it again, sad man that you are.

If your kids could read the amount of personal abuse and name calling you HAVE in the past regarding me mate would they be proud of you. 

My daughter is now just finished her Nat 5 music exam and has been told in so many hints that she has passed  , and is now doing higher music,  she is now studying  for her higher maths and english, so you can ram yer self importance.#

I take it you are  not man enough to admit that you fell hook , line and sinker for that post you went all drama queen about. 

Hope that was in plain English.

Not one admittance that you were the victim of me taking the utter pesh out of you by me pretending that i believed you were a Tory. The really sad thing here is even if you did believe that you would still go down the road of personal abuse.

I will be the bigger man and walk away , you can if you wish carry on with the insults  and immature like name calling.

You were the victim of my piss take  get over it.

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

If you're at the top of the tree, you have to be personally responsible for the actions of your subordinates.

Good or bad. Same for the other mob. The PM has to be held accountable too. 

Fickle world, politics and the Press.

Nope, it was a systematic attack on Corbyn not on his subordinates, The BBC have even admitted it, by apologising about fake news about Corbyn. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's up to Tory MPs to step up to the plate and contemplate backing a no confidence motion,   if required.     Installing Boris Johnson as PM is just the latest stage in a brutally sorry tale of political / governmental normality of standards being utterly dragged into disrepute.      Allowing him to become PM is allowing the genie out of the bottle.     Populist lunatics taking over the establishment.     

Aye and fulling the SNP cause.

maroonlegions
34 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye and fulling the SNP cause.

maroonlegions

While the media attention is on bojoy  Boris ,lets not forget the other slithery snake, trying to enter number 10 by the back door,and by snake i mean that this man is beyond that.

I can confirm that this is no piss  take  from me, or another form of sarcasm aimed at anyone, (one has already succumbed  to it),in fact i am deadly serious.

A reminder about Jeremy Hunt...LIke everyone ,everyone has a PAST, a past that most of the time they cannot hide from, i am a big believer on checking out someone's past  for that is were their true motives and agendas really lie. 

So here it is below.

“He made a fortune at the taxpayers’ expense as monopoly supplier to a notorious quango where, by happy coincidence, his cousin sat on the Board. He became MP for SW Surrey where, by happy coincidence, his cousin had been MP previously. He became Minister in charge of Media & Culture where, by happy coincidence, he wound up steering his pals at Newscorp in the right direction. And he became Health Secretary partly because, by happy coincidence, his cousin is a lobbyist for the private health sector.”

Edited by maroonlegions

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

And there you go again.

You have a history of posting personal abuse to me and you are doing it again, sad man that you are.

If your kids could read the amount of personal abuse and name calling you HAVE in the past regarding me mate would they be proud of you. 

My daughter is now just finished her Nat 5 music exam and has been told in so many hints that she has passed  , and is now doing higher music,  she is now studying  for her higher maths and english, so you can ram yer self importance.#

I take it you are  not man enough to admit that you fell hook , line and sinker for that post you went all drama queen about. 

Hope that was in plain English.

Not one admittance that you were the victim of me taking the utter pesh out of you by me pretending that i believed you were a Tory. The really sad thing here is even if you did believe that you would still go down the road of personal abuse.

I will be the bigger man and walk away , you can if you wish carry on with the insults  and immature like name calling.

You were the victim of my piss take  get over it.

Twice now, you've claimed that, out of the blue, you've been trolling me on this thread; quite vindictively, if your follow up, celebratory posts would be believed. If you'd like, I'm more than man enough to admit that your post looked nothing at all like a piss-take; it just looked like the ramblings of a conspiracy obsessed lunatic. How you made it look like that remains a mystery to me. Congratulations - you should go on Britain's Got Talent with that skill of yours.

Well done to your daughter on her grade 5 pass. I'm not sure how that relates to our discussion - should I pull out my sons' distinction certificates at grades 5, 6 and 8 or do you just want to see my willy? I warn you now, it's not really all that impressive.

maroonlegions

gain

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Twice now, you've claimed that, out of the blue, you've been trolling me on this thread; quite vindictively, if your follow up, celebratory posts would be believed. If you'd like, I'm more than man enough to admit that your post looked nothing at all like a piss-take; it just looked like the ramblings of a conspiracy obsessed lunatic. How you made it look like that remains a mystery to me. Congratulations - you should go on Britain's Got Talent with that skill of yours.

Well done to your daughter on her grade 5 pass. I'm not sure how that relates to our discussion - should I pull out my sons' distinction certificates at grades 5, 6 and 8 or do you just want to see my willy? I warn you now, it's not really all that impressive.

And again you throw insults, your desperation is now showing you as not that clever as you make out. 

You have FAILED to see my sarcasm in my op .

You now sound like you are again losing it again with throwing out insults AGAIN. Those who start to use abusive language in a debate towards someone have lost the argument . You may very well think that i was NOT at the wind up,  a wind up that was not intended to be  nasty but more  so  in a friendly bantering  way.

I can say again that you have done your fair share of trolling me on threads mate, so you now playing the victim is a wee bit of karma. Not funny when one is on the end of it and made out to be a fool for taking the bait. 

Next time try and look closer at the content of the scarasum  of anyone's post  , saves a lot of grief.

This gif sums it up .

tenor.gif