Pans Jambo

Stormzy the rapper a cultural genre phenomenon from America legions.

Saying **** boris isn't exactly cutting edge mate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So he's gonnae raise UJs all over Scotland. Aw well, I suppose history doesn't teach the Britnats anything.

Politics now is just a popularity contest run by the media. It used to be simple.

If you were working class you voted Labour because they would look after you.

If you were wealthy or middle class you voted Tory cos they would look after you

Now the major parties are just different shades of the same jobbie IMO. Career politicians only interested in their own positions.

I saw a female asian politician, whose name escapes me talking about the leadership race and how the tories were diverse because Sajid Javed was in the running. She followed that with she wouldn't be voting for him but was supporting Boris because only Boris would win the tories the general election. Not that she believed in his policies or political outlook.

I come from a Welsh mining village and other than my Nain voting for the tories in the late 70's because they had a woman in charge my family have always been Labour. I haven't voted Labour since Kinnock was in charge. They say nothing to me.

The prospect of Boris in charge here and Trump in the US gives me the fear big time. Remember people in the 30's thought Hitler was a buffoon.

Edited by Jamhammer

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

What's the vest all about? Genuine question. 

other than its a stab vest I don't have a clue either.

Sure someone will give us an explanation

edit - googled it and according to the Evening Standard

The mysterious artist (Banksy) confirmed to his followers on Instagram that he was the person behind the vest, a political statement on knife crime and police cuts in the UK.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Maybe if he gets stabbed  the perpetrator will be stabbing the union flag first.

Seymour M Hersh
On 28/06/2019 at 13:19, Trapper John McIntyre said:

He's not wrong there though is he?

Definitely correct when describing their politicians. 

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

other than its a stab vest I don't have a clue either.

Sure someone will give us an explanation

edit - googled it and according to the Evening Standard

The mysterious artist (Banksy) confirmed to his followers on Instagram that he was the person behind the vest, a political statement on knife crime and police cuts in the UK.

Cheers bud. Maybe should have googled it meself. Not familiar wi Stormzy and not inclined to become so after watching that but if he’s kicking against the pricks then fair dos to him.

Another day,   another round of repeating the wild claims of cutting personal taxation for the well off or on corporate profits.     Even if partly delivered,    it's yet more Tory endorsed capturing of wealth that does NOT benefit the real economy.    Either way it swells the wealth of the already wealthy and deprives the exchequer of tax pounds all the way across the tax spectrum.

A broken and obsolete economic model being kept on life support for the instant gratification of clinging onto power.

Hang on........if Brexit was going to magically teleport millions of tons of fish into the North Sea and the fishermen would all have Bentleys, why is Jezza Hunt planning a £6bn bail out for them if we crash out with No deal?

:interehjrling:

Also planning to slash corp tax to 12.5%, increase military spending and all manner of other completely ludicrous spending claims.

I thought Labour were the ones with a magic money tree??

Bawjaws Boris pledging to do something for veterans, including a carte blanche pardon for any and all war crimes investigations.

Coz oor boyz would never kill civilians in cold blood, despite reams of evidence of them doing just that, eh?

Also planning to roll out stop and search nationwide and make it more aggressive.

Because police/community relations are not bad enough.

Glasgow and Scotland in general have tackled knife crime the right way, via education, not simply assuming that everybody under the age of 25 is a tooled up menace to society.

Also coming out with the old "immigrants depress wages" lie.

You know what'd stop that, Boris?

A higher minimum wage, which would sail through parliament tomorrow. Feck all to do with immigration.

The man is totally clueless about how the world works.

Lives in a wee fantasy land of his very own. 

:vrface:

Previous prime ministers have given the same carte blanche to crimes committed by the IRA.

If it's a peace process why shouldn't our soldiers be afforded the same ?

A higher minimum wage does not protect immigrants from exploitation.

That's fact.

Will provide links if required.

Have done so before.

The idea that uncontrolled immigration is a good thing is fake .

Not least because it impacts on the poor and especially the immigrant poor the most.

But but who will clean our toilets they cry?

Bit utopian of me but why dont we try to be fair and just in international trade with poorer countries etc etc.

Dagger Is Back
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bawjaws Boris pledging to do something for veterans, including a carte blanche pardon for any and all war crimes investigations.

Coz oor boyz would never kill civilians in cold blood, despite reams of evidence of them doing just that, eh?

Also planning to roll out stop and search nationwide and make it more aggressive.

Glasgow and Scotland in general have tackled knife crime the right way, via education, not simply assuming that everybody under the age of 25 is a tooled up menace to society.

Also coming out with the old "immigrants depress wages" lie.

You know what'd stop that, Boris?

A higher minimum wage, which would sail through parliament tomorrow. Feck all to do with immigration.

The man is totally clueless about how the world works.

Lives in a wee fantasy land of his very own. 

:vrface:

He doesn’t even have a clue what the current situ is

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.indy100.com/article/boris-johnson-conservative-leadership-national-living-wage-sky-interview-8982126%3famp

His ‘election’ will surely end the Tory party and that ain’t a bad thing

On 30/06/2019 at 09:29, Jamhammer said:

Apparently a statement from banksy about cuts in police budgets and knife crime.

? 

Yes a banksy design worn by a rap artist bemoaning lack of resources for the police.

?????

29 minutes ago, jake said:

Immigration does in fact actual fact especially illegal immigration keep wages lower.

That's fact.

That statement makes no sense whatsoever ...a bit like Boris and Hunts promises

'Immigration does in fact actual fact' …..help required I think

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

That statement makes no sense whatsoever ...a bit like Boris and Hunts promises

'Immigration does in fact actual fact' …..help required I think

Bit of a typo there.

Illegal immigration does in actual fact keep wages lower.

That is an actual fact.

Hope that helps

6 minutes ago, jake said:

Bit of a typo there.

That is an actual fact.

Hope that helps

Yes Boris that's about as true as all your other statements re Brexit...facts in your own mind not in the real world

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yes Boris that's about as true as all your other statements re Brexit...facts in your own mind not in the real world

Shall I post some facts for you ?

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Boris has fek all to do with it btw.

Actually I wont post links.

If you as I was accused of are to thick to do research perhaps idiot remain voters would do well to research themselves instead of talking shite.

The effects of illegal immigration has the biggest impact on immigrant workers wages then low wage workers but benefits most the wealthy.

Read up you ignorant remain voters.

The EU freedom of movement cannot even supply the cheap labour market.

Wished that those who swallow the constant shite they are told had their right to vote taken away.

Absolute cloggers

It's amazing the literature on the effects on low paid workers and immigrants that illegal immigration causes.

From not only wages but housing via rent increase and demand.

Education and health.

To blindly and foolishly not recognise the trend and future trends is the idiocy.

I often find the more privileged like those whose mummy and daddy pay for their little babies to go abroad for education squeal more .

Is that what they mean when they accuse of virtual signalling?

????????

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, jake said:

Previous prime ministers have given the same carte blanche to crimes committed by the IRA.

If it's a peace process why shouldn't our soldiers be afforded the same ?

Because soldiers are paid professionals and are held to a different standard than terrorists? 

4 hours ago, jake said:

If you as I was accused of are to thick to do research perhaps idiot remain voters would do well to research themselves instead of talking shite.

The effects of illegal immigration has the biggest impact on immigrant workers wages then low wage workers but benefits most the wealthy.

Wished that those who swallow the constant shite they are told had their right to vote taken away.

Absolute cloggers

Post your links. 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Cade said:

It'll mostly be those black folks though, so most of us won't be inconvenienced. ?

On 28/06/2019 at 12:29, jack D and coke said:

Funny these upper class English have got names for everybody...jocks, taffys, paddys, frogs, krauts. It’s almost like they think they’re better than everyone else. 

On 28/06/2019 at 13:20, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Not that you ever hear upper class Scots denigrating other nationalities.

Unthinkable.

I fall into neither of the above demographics, but fully endorse the denigrating of other nationalities.

On 29/06/2019 at 17:53, maroonlegions said:

Tonight Stormzy made history by being the first black solo British headliner at Glastonbury.

The performance was political, iconic and the ballet was beautifully powerful. It won't just go down in Glastonbury history - it'll go down in our country's cultural history.

It was also a load of wanky shite.

On 29/06/2019 at 18:14, ri Alban said:

Too big for his boots!

:lol:

8 hours ago, Cade said:

It was those swarthy foreign types that they were rumbled dispatching though, so that's ok.

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Because soldiers are paid professionals and are held to a different standard than terrorists? 

I get your point but this is badly phrased.

It implies that terrorists have standards.

Those murdering IRA thugs that went on to find themselves in positions of power and respectability did so not in spite of their crimes but on account of them. 

It was nothing more than appeasment.

I hope they all rot.

9 hours ago, jake said:

Immigration does in fact actual fact especially illegal immigration keep wages lower.

That's fact.

It isn't immigrants that keep wages low, its exploitative employers that do that.

Don't blame immigrants for low wages.

8 hours ago, jake said:

Absolute cloggers

Oh, that'll happen soon enough once your alt-right utopia falls into place.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, jake said:

Bit of a typo there.

That is an actual fact.

Hope that helps

:rofl:

8 hours ago, jake said:

tenor.gif

image.png.654e1c6f663a978ec4010a9094fcb8c4.png

18 minutes ago, Boris said:

Oh, that'll happen soon enough once your alt-right utopia falls into place.

You're really gonna upset him for implying exactly what he is.

image.png

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It'll mostly be those black folks though, so most of us won't be inconvenienced. ?

I fall into neither of the above demographics, but fully endorse the denigrating of other nationalities.

It was also a load of wanky shite.

:lol:

It was those swarthy foreign types that they were rumbled dispatching though, so that's ok.

I get your point but this is badly phrased.

It implies that terrorists have standards.

Those murdering IRA thugs that went on to find themselves in positions of power and respectability did so not in spite of their crimes but on account of them. 

It was nothing more than appeasment.

I hope they all rot.

Fair enough. I never intended to suggest they had standards. More that we hold ourselves to the highest standard and quite rightly expect our soldiers to act within the high standards we set, which the vast vast majority do and more, so regardless of what happens to those terrorists and I'm not arguing whether it was right or wrong to release them, we should always opt to apply the law to our own soldiers, in order to maintain the standards we all expect and respect from our armed forces. 

Just to add for balance, it shouldn't be forgotten how many scumbag loyalist terrorists were also released. This isn't just about the IRA, who a lot of people focus on. A terrorist is a terrorist. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Fair enough. I never intended to suggest they had standards. More that we hold ourselves to the highest standard and quite rightly expect our soldiers to act within the high standards we set, which the vast vast majority do and more, so regardless of what happens to those terrorists and I'm not arguing whether it was right or wrong to release them, we should always opt to apply the law to our own soldiers, in order to maintain the standards we all expect and respect from our armed forces.

Very well said.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yeh I got your point and broadly agree, I just get all Francis Albert before I've had my first caffeine hit of the day.

What we need to be careful with is not to turn fair and just scrutiny of our forces conduct into a witch-hunt to appease some political grievance.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Just to add for balance, it shouldn't be forgotten how many scumbag loyalist terrorists were also released. This isn't just about the IRA, who a lot of people focus on. A terrorist is a terrorist. 

No need for balance.

People shouldn't be afraid to make a point without having to sign-post their impartiality with 'balance'.

Your last sentence is sot on.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yeh I got your point and broadly agree, I just get all Francis Albert before I've had my first caffeine hit of the day.

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What we need to be careful with is not to turn fair and just scrutiny of our forces conduct into a witch-hunt to appease some political grievance.

Also very well said... And personally, coming from a place where there's basically zero accountability for the rampant civil and human rights violations by the military, police, ICE, etc., it's east for me to lose sight of the forest for the trees on this.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Justin Z said:

And personally, coming from a place where there's basically zero accountability for the rampant civil and human rights violations by the military, police, ICE, etc., it's east for me to lose sight of the forest for the trees on this.

True. I guess it's equally as important not to lose sight of the widely different points of departure that colour each of our approaches to an issue.

I think that so much of this can get dangerously lost in the social media bubble.

AlphonseCapone
36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:laugh:

Completely agree with your second paragraph. 

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Exactly! 

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Yes, but I don't see what's sectarian about hating the IRA and the UDA.  I'm quite forward about it, if people have the misfortune to ask me. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yes, but I don't see what's sectarian about hating the IRA and the UDA.  I'm quite forward about it, if people have the misfortune to ask me. 

I'd expect any decent person to hate both. They are murdering *******s quite frankly.

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'd expect any decent person to hate both. They are murdering *******s quite frankly.

Strangely not. 

Another tax cut?

The UK govt will be 100% bankrupted by this clown.

Austerity will only become worse. More people will die. 

Where is the public mandate for the policies that Hunt and Johnson are proposing? Where is the democratic scrutiny and challenge?

This is nothing more than a Tory beauty contest with a couple of public school boys in high heels and lipstick parading in front of the blue rinse Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells *****

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Where is the public mandate for the policies that Hunt and Johnson are proposing? Where is the democratic scrutiny and challenge?

This is nothing more than a Tory beauty contest with a couple of public school boys in high heels and lipstick parading in front of the blue rinse Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells *****

A fair assessment.