Pans Jambo

Seems an awful choice. I'd probably say either Stewart or Hunt would be the best of a bad bunch. Boris Johnson getting the gig gives me the fear. Javid seems a knob and Gove looks like a wee creep that should be getting his hard drives checked. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indianajones
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Bollacks is all we are hearing from this odd bunch tonight. So very appropriate. 

Guy looks like a vampire that drinks the blood of the poor created by his horrendous party. 

This 'debate' is making me seethe. Unbelievably angry at this. 

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

****ing hell.    Maitlis will get savaged for this shitfest.      

To be fair it was a tough gig. I dont believe this should have been on bbc but because it is it should have got a couple of hours to allow questions to be fully answered and explored rather than soundbite after soundbite. 

"Our" Next Prime Minister????

What a ****ing car crash of a programme.

They are selecting the leader of the Tory party NOT Prime Minister.

Diadora Van Basten

Rory Stewart is bizarre did anyone see him sitting on the spikes they showed it on the last leg.

Tonight he started the debate with a tie then takes it off five mins in.

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Semantics really.

If one of those are to be our next PM I'm fearful of the future.

Thank god we have an out. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Guy looks like a vampire that drinks the blood of the poor created by his horrendous party. 

This 'debate' is making me seethe. Unbelievably angry at this. 

Him and Rees-Mogg look like they are cut from the same cloth. 

gashauskis9

Utter car crash.  Does nothing more than place more fear and uncertainty into an already vulnerable population.

Boris and Gove - embarrassing

Hunt - brutal

Javid - was he even there?

Stewart - tone down the cheese, we ain’t buying it

I disagree with the conservatives with all my heart. I'll never understand why people vote for them. 

In my opinion, independence is edging closer and closer. 

To be point - Boris is a racist, homophobic and a fool of a man. I think he was shown up tonight. He'd be very dangerous if he is PM. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Rory Stewart is bizarre did anyone see him sitting on the spikes they showed it on the last leg.

Tonight he started the debate with a tie then takes it off five mins in.

I quite like him tbh.

I P Knightley
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He needs the room to let his huge balls dangle.

I missed the bit where he whipped his tie off. Did anyone see it? Did he do it with a flourish?

15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Like it or not, they're selecting the next Prime Minister.

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Tynieman said:

To be point - Boris is a racist, homophobic and a fool of a man. I think he was shown up tonight. He'd be very dangerous if he is PM. 

To any right-minded individual, he's shown up every time he speaks.

The trouble is, it's not right-minded individuals who have any say in who gets the gig. We're talking about a man who's been endorsed by Donald J Trump, ffs!

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I quite like him tbh.

Me too.

safer than boris, safer than Corbyn .

not a ringing endorsement 

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I missed the bit where he whipped his tie off. Did anyone see it? Did he do it with a flourish?

Like it or not, they're selecting the next Prime Minister.

They are selecting the Conservative Party leader. It should be made very clear in the programme title that it is an extended party political broadcast. It is not inconceivable that the selected Tory party leader fails to achieve a vote of confience in parliament to form a government.

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

They are selecting the Conservative Party leader. It should be made very clear in the programme title that it is an extended party political broadcast. It is not inconceivable that the selected Tory party leader fails to achieve a vote of confience in parliament to form a government.

I don't know if I've missed something, then. I thought that the winner of this vote would get the keys to No. 10.

Sure, there may be a subsequent vote of confidence in him but it would be a surprise if he lost it off the bat. A very pleasing surprise, though.

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I don't know if I've missed something, then. I thought that the winner of this vote would get the keys to No. 10.

Sure, there may be a subsequent vote of confidence in him but it would be a surprise if he lost it off the bat. A very pleasing surprise, though.

eg

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/06/new-tory-leader-could-avoid-immediate-confidence-vote

Hence it should be emphasised that what is being selected is a party position, a party forming a minoirty government. The PM ship isn't a guaranteed consequence ... though it is likely

Edited by RobboM

26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

To any right-minded individual, he's shown up every time he speaks.

The trouble is, it's not right-minded individuals who have any say in who gets the gig. We're talking about a man who's been endorsed by Donald J Trump, ffs!

I think part of the reason so many of the population (majority being southern English), vote for people like him and his party is a lot to do with media. 

Votes for the Tories (and other right wing parties) has increased in respect to the working class in recent years.

I read a figure recently that 130,000 people have died due to austerity they've implemented since being in government. The majority of which I'm in no doubt, working class or poor.

The way people who are unemployed, disabled or needing support have been demonized in the media is a disgrace. This is how the Tories have projected these people, make no mistake that it's been a deliberate attempt to make reasons to cut from the poor rather than the upper class. 

Yet they get many votes due to their finger pointing at immigrants or the unemployed etc etc. Which is down to how these people are unfortunately now perceived. 

Boris is on record having racist, homophobic and generally bigoted views. And he's likely to be our PM.

Says it all really.

Edited by Tynieman

Shanks said no
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I quite like him tbh.

I caught his launch speech and am kicking myself for not putting cash on the unusual (by Tory standards) candidate 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Do we have the bollocks though? 

Hope to **** not. Out the pan and into the fire.

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Hope to **** not. Out the pan and into the fire.

This is the kind of shitebag thinking I meant. 

No offence.  

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This is the kind of shitebag thinking I meant. 

No offence.  

None taken. Just a realist not blinded by nationalistic rhetoric that amounts to absolute zero outside of LaLa land.

By the way, shitebag talk is very Celticy. No offence.

It's like a badly written comedy.  How can this clown be in this position, 

There was two folk on the radio the other day who use to work alongside him, interviewed separately but both saying the same thing. Concern about him having to make tough decisions. 

If everyone isn't  already laughing at Britain, they soon will be with that fool in charge 

27 minutes ago, jumpship said:

It's like a badly written comedy.  How can this clown be in this position, 

There was two folk on the radio the other day who use to work alongside him, interviewed separately but both saying the same thing. Concern about him having to make tough decisions. 

If everyone isn't  already laughing at Britain, they soon will be with that fool in charge 

never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate ..........................who in many cases vote simply based on what's best for them, the current feeling re Brexit, the need to keep the Tories in power no matter who is in charge

The leader could be a monkey/dog/cat etc etc for all they care

On 18/06/2019 at 09:04, The Real Maroonblood said:

Leadsom “Boris can bring the country back together.”

:rofl::rofl:

Exactly.

Her nose is clean up his arse! Self preservation tactic to get a position on his cabinet of lizards and snakes no doubt.

12 hours ago, JyTees said:

None taken. Just a realist not blinded by nationalistic rhetoric that amounts to absolute zero outside of LaLa land.

By the way, shitebag talk is very Celticy. No offence.

I dont think shitebag covers it TBH...

gashauskis9

The Leadsoms, Hancocks etc of this world are supporting Boris for one reason only - because they know he’ll drop the ball and they want to be in line to pick up the reigns next time. 

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The Leadsoms, Hancocks etc of this world are supporting Boris for one reason only - because they know he’ll drop the ball and they want to be in line to pick up the reigns next time. 

The Baseball Furies have dropped the ball.

Sorry, It just popped into my head, as I read your post.

Edited by ri Alban

listened to him today on sky news (Stewart not BJ) and he actually came across very well indeed. He was asked questions and he answered them!!! I suppose me liking how he sounded meant he was never going to impress the tories though. 

AlphonseCapone

4 ***** left. Sajid should just drop out, you've no chance mate, stop embarrassing yourself. 

Stewart was talking too much sense for the Tories about needing to spend money and not cut taxes for the rich guys.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Stewart was talking too much sense for the Tories about needing to spend money and not cut taxes for the rich guys.

Yep.    No tax cuts + funding stuff = Tory dread.      

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yep.    No tax cuts + funding stuff = Tory dread.      

The 120,000 old guys would have literally pissed themselves listening to Stewart.

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I used to think Ken Clarke was in the wrong party, now Stewart has me thinking the same. He looks Tory but sounds too sensible. 

gashauskis9
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bollock Chops - 143

Hunt - 54

Pob - 51

Tattie Heid - 38

Action Man - 27

So basically

Out by the 31st regardless - 181

Out by the 31st assuming they can change the deal - 105

Get no deal off the table - 27

Boris and Hunt it is then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Stewart was playing the ‘absolutely nothing to lose card’ from the start and was never going to get anywhere.

johnson will win this easy

14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I used to think Ken Clarke was in the wrong party, now Stewart has me thinking the same. He looks Tory but sounds too sensible. 

Aye but his voting record is pure Tory *******.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aye but his voting record is pure Tory *******.

Absolutely,

But at least he doesn't believe in blah, blah,   bluster, blah, Britain won 2 World Wars single handedly and will rule the world again because we are.......

Ricardo Shillyshally

Voted Tory all my life, but the thought of Boris being PM is utterly depressing.

If wee Jimmy krankie and her band of torn faced whingers quit the moaning and start offering something credible and positive, then they might actually be successful.