End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

No they wouldn’t. Budge believes this season has been ok so that’s all that matters. 

We will see where the ST figures are once they are open to general sale. Anything less than 10k and it should be a wake up call

Had we reached 10k, judging by previous seasons, we can safely assume that we would have heard about it. It will be interesting to hear her thoughts tomorrow. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

No they wouldn’t. Budge believes this season has been ok so that’s all that matters. 

We will see where the ST figures are once they are open to general sale. Anything less than 10k and it should be a wake up call

Behave ffs :rofl:

Budge believes on field performance has been ok so current season ticket levels won’t matter.

:rofl:

Only a day or so until we find out. We’ll both be hoping you are wrong, won’t we?

merseyjambo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Realistically, history shows we have a hardcore support of around 10,000 who will contribute to FoH, buy Sts and merch, go to games whenever they can no matter how we're doing. It's better than all clubs outside the OF. The rest might come and go due to finances or because they don't like the current manager or "style" or some other excuse.

So during a decent spell, 3000 or so might commit to going to more games but will disappear when things aren't so good. Luckily we won't ever (I hope) be making rash decisions around managers etc based on the whims of those people (not judging, not everyone can go all the time or contribute financially but those who can but choose not to for subjective manager/style of play reasons have to be aware that they are making our success less likely, the same as the folk who boo their own team during games).

Considering where our ST figures have been since Budge took over, I’d suggest that a drop to under 10k is extremely significant. They have been in excess of 13k for 4 or 5 years. If they had Ben 10k in 2017 then 13k in 2018, I’d have taken that argument that maybe there was a blip for one season and that 10k was our hardcore but we hen we have sold 13k consistently for  4 or 5 years, I’d say that a drop of 3k is significant.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Wow, did you also say that 5m people voting for the Brexit Party is a clear mandate for Brexit.

It’s a 50/50 split of less than a tenth of our support. 

Truth will I’ll be in the ST numbers once they’re known. The ones that go to the games regularly. If they vote with their feet, then we have a problem

Eh? 

I'm saying that not all Hearts fans or nearly all Hearts fans want him gone. 

That is conclusive. 

Poll was good for something at least. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Such anger. By Kickback standards, this is actually a decent thread. Then you intervene.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Thanks for sharing your self awareness.

Pot, kettle, black. 

You're the one that played the man and not the ball first, lad. 

Expect to get some back 

7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Considering where our ST figures have been since Budge took over, I’d suggest that a drop to under 10k is extremely significant. They have been in excess of 13k for 4 or 5 years. If they had Ben 10k in 2017 then 13k in 2018, I’d have taken that argument that maybe there was a blip for one season and that 10k was our hardcore but we hen we have sold 13k consistently for  4 or 5 years, I’d say that a drop of 3k is significant.

I don't think it will drop that low. Just talking historically. Either way we'll find out this season given how bad things apparently are!

If you're right though and our core has increased that much in the last 5 years, doesn't Levein get some credit for that!

Edited by Guest

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Behave ffs :rofl:

Budge believes on field performance has been ok so current season ticket levels won’t matter.

:rofl:

Only a day or so until we find out. We’ll both be hoping you are wrong, won’t we?

While I don’t want CL in charge, I’d like to hope that the fans will still buy the STs but I know that like any discontent among the troops, there is only one way to try to get people to deal with the problem. 

The only way way that some fans who are ST holders feel they can try to change the clubs mind is through stopping financial support.. Me, due to working 3 weekends in 4, I get to games when I can so don’t have a season ticket. Every home game for me costs between £100 & £150 through travel and tickets costs. I still do it because I’ve been going to games for over.40 years, but I can understand the frustrations of supporters and I get why they feel taking the action they may be taking about not buying season tickets

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

While I don’t want CL in charge, I’d like to hope that the fans will still buy the STs but I know that like any discontent among the troops, there is only one way to try to get people to deal with the problem. 

The only way way that some fans who are ST holders feel they can try to change the clubs mind is through stopping financial support.. Me, due to working 3 weekends in 4, I get to games when I can so don’t have a season ticket. Every home game for me costs between £100 & £150 through travel and tickets costs. I still do it because I’ve been going to games for over.40 years, but I can understand the frustrations of supporters and I get why they feel taking the action they may be taking about not buying season tickets

So Budge should have also listened to those who wanted Neilson out?

Obviously bad managers get sacked pretty quickly. Cathro, Tommy McLean.... Levein is nowhere near that. Whether you and some fans like it or not, the job he was given by Budge is much bigger than any of them. She'll acknowledge the affect the injuries had on this season even if some Hearts fans won't.

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

By my reckoning, you’re predicting a 20% drop in sales (correct me if I’m wrong?)

I know many fans( supporters club member) who don’t want CL in charge.

They all, bar 2, have renewed. 

Don’t take what you read online (not a dig) seriously.

If numbers were as bad as you predict, trust me we’d know.

Not long till we hear regardless.

There are some in the ‘out’ camp that have made well balanced and intelligent comments and I respect you, but ....

...... the majority of the ‘out’ brigade are ‘breathing their own exhaust fumes’! They just never pause for breath and totally fail to see the ‘big picture’! I think they are mainly ‘mini’ Michael Stewart’s!

Their problem is, they are intellectually inferior to Craig Levein, they just can’t connect the dots or see the ‘big picture’!

Craig Levein is a lot more intelligent than the ‘out brigade’, he thinks strategically and is delivering a long term vision. Craig is not a ‘boom & bust’ short term thinker like the ’outs’, rather, he is delivering long term sustainable success.

In Craig I trust - and I (like the majority of Hearts fans) am looking forward to many Hearts triumphs in the future with Craig’s hand on the tiller!

HHGH

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Pot, kettle, black. 

You're the one that played the man and not the ball first, lad. 

Expect to get some back 

No probs. The difference being I didn't have a go at half the support, unlike you.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's conclusive that folk were talking shite - 

On this thread, gems such as - 

90% of Heart's fans

Most Hearts fans

The vast majority of Hearts fans

All Hearts fans

.... Want CL gone. 

Shite, tripe, lies, Mince. 

These folk were talking shite. 

The poll is conclusive on this, if nothing else. ?

So according to the poll only 50% of Hearts fans want Levein gone - a moral victory indeed......

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Wow, did you also say that 5m people voting for the Brexit Party is a clear mandate for Brexit.

It’s a 50/50 split of less than a tenth of our support. 

Truth will I’ll be in the ST numbers once they’re known. The ones that go to the games regularly. If they vote with their feet, then we have a problem

A huge number of Hearts fans will still have renewed their ST regardless of their dissatisfaction with our current Manager.

Its what Hearts fans do.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No probs. The difference being I didn't have a go at half the support, unlike you.

Like a few other vocal posters on here, Olly is another who is unable to accept the opinion of other Hearts fans that differ from theirs.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So according to the poll only 50% of Hearts fans want Levein gone - a moral victory indeed......

I don't think I've ever met any two football fans who agree on anything football related so that sounds about right.

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There are some in the ‘out’ camp that have made well balanced and intelligent comments and I respect you, but ....

...... the majority of the ‘out’ brigade are ‘breathing their own exhaust fumes’! They just never pause for breath and totally fail to see the ‘big picture’! I think they are mainly ‘mini’ Michael Stewart’s!

Their problem is, they are intellectually inferior to Craig Levein, they just can’t connect the dots or see the ‘big picture’!

Craig Levein is a lot more intelligent than the ‘out brigade’, he thinks strategically and is delivering a long term vision. Craig is not a ‘boom & bust’ short term thinker like the ’outs’, rather, he is delivering long term sustainable success.

In Craig I trust - and I (like the majority of Hearts fans) am looking forward to many Hearts triumphs in the future with Craig’s hand on the tiller!

HHGH

Rather rude. 

But anyway, Levein can think long term anytime he likes but the reality is that he also has to have the team playing to its potential every week if he is to remain as Head Coach. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rather rude. 

But anyway, Levein can think long term anytime he likes but the reality is that he also has to have the team playing to its potential every week if he is to remain as Head Coach. 

Thank you for endorsing my comments.

HHGH

I think we have a hardcore of 10k and possibly 2-3k that would go either way. 

For example the vermin probably have a hardcore of 9k with the 3-4K that would go either way. They’ve done well the last few seasons so their uptake is what 12k ST sales last season , likely similar coming up .

Id think we will probably sell around the 11-12k   in sales this coming season as the supporters swithering havent much confidence or hope with the current manager.

just my useless tuppensworth 

Edited by 1971fozzy

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rather rude. 

He's away at the end of the season anyhow. Hopefully goes out with bang - his last chance of winning something. I still think his main ask from Budge will be to get the playing side in as good shape as possible - from youth upwards - for the next guy. Also 4th minimum as a target probably but as he's away anyhow, that won't be what motivates him.

Edited by Guest

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's away at the end of the season anyhow. Hopefully goes out with bang - his last chance of winning something. I still think his main ask from Budge will be to get the playing side in as good shape as possible - from youth upwards - for the next guy. Also 4th minimum as a target probably but as he's away anyhow, that won't be what motivates him.

Is it not just that his contract is up? Fairly conceivable that it will be extended, especially if we have a more successful league campaign.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Unsure, but it certainly proves that the posters claiming that 90%, most, all of the Hearts fans felt the same way they did were wrong. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is it not just that his contract is up? Fairly conceivable that it will be extended, especially if we have a more successful league campaign.

Yeah that's what I meant. I don't think his heart's in it for the long term though, no pun intended. A return to DoF maybe more likely no matter how we do. Even if we won something I think he'd take the chance to go out on a high. Everyone would be happy then, even some on here.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like a few other vocal posters on here, Olly is another who is unable to accept the opinion of other Hearts fans that differ from theirs.

I accept other opinions very openly. 

I don't accept lies tho, that's just wrong and deserves to be corrected. 

90%/ most/ vast majority / Etc weren't just opinions, they were fabrications in order to somehow justify their position. 

Numbers pulled from nowhere. 

This poll has busted that.

To disagree and debate is normal, to make up lies to try and reinforce any point you have is wrong and imo not normal. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've not had a go at half the support, stop lieing. 

I was having a go at the supporters who lied and said thing's like - 

Vast majority 

90%

All/ most of Hearts fans.... 

Want CL gone. 

That is not having a go at half the support, don't talk utter shite and spew lies. 

That's calling  out a few rabid posters on JKB for exactly what they are- bull shitters. 

Expected better from you. 

Poor show, start a poll and then spread lies about posters that reply. 

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I've not had a go at half the support, stop lieing. 

I was having a go at the supporters who lied and said thing's like - 

Vast majority 

90%

All/ most of Hearts fans.... 

Want CL gone. 

That is not having a go at half the support, don't talk utter shite and spew lies. 

That's calling  out a few rabid posters on JKB for exactly what they are- bull shitters. 

Expected better from you. 

Poor show, start a poll and then spread lies about posters that reply. 

So do you respect the opinion of 50% of those who voted for a new Manager??

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So do you respect the opinion of 50% of those who voted for a new Manager??

I don't agree with them, but that's life. 

It's a jkb poll, I don't know them to respect them or not. Some reasons behind the opinions are respectable and logical, others are just lies. 

I hold no personal agenda against folk that have a different opinion. 

Anyway, going off topic and a bit strange. 

Quite clearly the support is split, so folk can stop assuming that the vast majority of Heart's fans want him gone and some posters who where rabid have been made to look stupid or put to be  liars. 

19 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's a jkb poll, I don't know them to respect them or not. Some reasons behind the opinions are respectable and logical, others are just lies. 

Quite clearly the support is split, so folk can stop assuming that the vast majority of Heart's fans want him gone and some posters who where rabid have been made to look stupid or put to be  liars. 

Well done Olly - sit back and enjoy your victory! ?

The fact remains that 50% voted for a new Manager which does not reflect well on our current one.

Inch Hearts
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did Levein not know Cathro lacked communication skills and charisma when he appointed him Head Coach??? ?

Can you prove otherwise?  How do you know Levein wasn’t our injured that week? Am I doing this right? :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Can you prove otherwise?  How do you know Levein wasn’t our injured that week? Am I doing this right? :lol: 

Nailed it! ?

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You’re without a doubt the loudest poster on this thread trying your hardest to belittle any poster that has a difference of opinion and move the goalposts.  Four pages behind this of prominent posters ripping into shit and even some posters saying it would be a unnecessary gamble to try and get a new manager based on our current manager taking a unnecessary gamble on the manager prior to him and yet blame the former as setting the club back two years? Completely laughable.  

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

You’re without a doubt the loudest poster on this thread trying your hardest to belittle any poster that has a difference of opinion and move the goalposts.  Four pages behind this of prominent posters ripping into shit and even some posters saying it would be a unnecessary gamble to try and get a new manager based on our current manager taking a unnecessary gamble on the manager prior to him and yet blame the former as setting the club back two years? Completely laughable.  

Agree totally. He is the most obnoxious, condescending and insulting of posters on here. He and some others cannot accept others have different opinions 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agree totally. He is the most obnoxious, condescending and insulting of posters on here. He and some others cannot accept others have different opinions 

I can think of a couple of others who would pip him to first place!!

@Olly Lee's left boot getting a lot of abuse for his opinions here. From posters who are trying to justify it by projecting a lot of their own behaviour on to him. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Mike Tyson

I’m surprised it’s so tight. We’re regressing year on year, and there’s no sign of that improving. I really hope people aren’t swayed by the fact we didn’t get gubbed in the cup final.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

*****500 VOTES*****

The Yes Camp wins.

And its fully representative of Hearts fans because its 99% of the votes cast were for yes ?? 

If you take out the teeth gnashing theres been some reasonable arguments on both sides

Edited by sadj

34 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

@Olly Lee's left boot getting a lot of abuse for his opinions here. From posters who are trying to justify it by projecting a lot of their own behaviour on to him. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Mothy, creating a ridiculous poll designed to cause division, calling everyone shite all the time and photoshopping a picture of Ann Budge giving the middle finger as a response to posts is only going to end in one way. Calmer responses and more reasoned argument would help his case significantly. 

13 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Mothy, creating a ridiculous poll designed to cause division, calling everyone shite all the time and photoshopping a picture of Ann Budge giving the middle finger as a response to posts is only going to end in one way. Calmer responses and more reasoned argument would help his case significantly. 

The poll was created by Kilpatrick, mate.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Olly says on here, and strongly disagree with a fair amount of it. He does however put up with an absolute bombardment of trolling and abuse. The 2016 Scottish Cup Final being a prime example. Constantly brought up against him, but mention posters who wanted Hibs to beat Hearts and that is trolling. 

Much of the abuse he has he has received on this thread is from posters who regularly display the same behaviours as they are accusing him of. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

The poll was created by Kilpatrick, mate.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Olly says on here, and strongly disagree with a fair amount of it. He does however put up with an absolute bombardment of trolling and abuse. The 2016 Scottish Cup Final being a prime example. Constantly brought up against him, but mention posters who wanted Hibs to beat Hearts and that is trolling. 

Much of the abuse he has he has received on this thread is from posters who regularly display the same behaviours as they are accusing him of. 

This is a good poll, it's given context to the main issue of discussion among supporters. The poll I am referring to was his pre final win or want to lose it to remove the manager nonsense. That was designed to cause trouble. 

You know what it's like here, you get what you give. 

9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

This is a good poll, it's given context to the main issue of discussion among supporters. The poll I am referring to was his pre final win or want to lose it to remove the manager nonsense. That was designed to cause trouble. 

To be fair that was a fair poll to have at the moment. We have seen people say they want Hibs to beat us to get rid of Levein , some have an Anti Levein position rather than a pro Hearts position. 

Edited by sadj

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

I've not belittled once person for having a difference of opinion. 

I have, however questioned the logic behind their opinion and their claims of things like 90% of Hearts fans, most/ all Hearts fans etc. 

If thier reasoning is nonsense, I've called them out, after all It's a football Forum. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It wasn't a ridiculous poll. 

It did, however have a ridiculous option. 

The poll had one option that every Hearts fan should have chosen, that was a Hearts win. 

Some "fans" however chose  a celtic win if it 100% meant Levein was to go. 

That, for me seperated Hearts fans from CL haters and, very apt as several posters on here have wanted us beat ( off hibs) to get CL sacked. 

Some of these posters also regularly stated the loved Hearts and Hearts success was their goal, it wasn't personal etc. 

The poll proved otherwise. 

So the poll served a useful purpose. 

It was a poll designed to stimulate debate, however the poll imo should have been 100% for a Hearts win, you should be asking why it wasn't rather than getting in a twist over a daft poll on a forum. 

davemclaren

Ir’s an interesting poll even allowing for the self selective nature of the sample. Levein has gone from a clear majority for him earlier last season to 50/50 at the end. Clear need for improvement to get the majority of the support on side. 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is he? I assume that is when his contract is up, although things can change.

As a Head Coach he 100% has to be motivated by results and finishing high up the table. No way can we sit back and 'enjoy' another 6th place on the basis we have a couple of kids playing.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ir’s an interesting poll even allowing for the self selective nature of the sample. Levein has gone from a clear majority for him earlier last season to 50/50 at the end. Clear need for improvement to get the majority of the support on side. 

A lot will depend on the signings he makes as well. 

45 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I feel that in this particular case, he gets a lot more than he gives.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A lot will depend on the signings he makes as well. 

Yip, a lot of work ahead, and results are needed. 

45 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It wasn't a ridiculous poll. 

It did, however have a ridiculous option. 

The poll had one option that every Hearts fan should have chosen, that was a Hearts win. 

Some "fans" however chose  a celtic win if it 100% meant Levein was to go. 

That, for me seperated Hearts fans from CL haters and, very apt as several posters on here have wanted us beat ( off hibs) to get CL sacked. 

Some of these posters also regularly stated the loved Hearts and Hearts success was their goal, it wasn't personal etc. 

The poll proved otherwise. 

So the poll served a useful purpose. 

It was a poll designed to stimulate debate, however the poll imo should have been 100% for a Hearts win, you should be asking why it wasn't rather than getting in a twist over a daft poll on a forum. 

I felt it was divisive Olly. Conflating hatred of Levein with wanting change is lazy and the vast majority of people who want to see change have nothing but love and respect for Levein down the years. 

It was an attempt to seek attention and you are very successful at that with several posters by being consistently confrontational. That's fair enough but you are just going to engender the same behaviour in return. That is the point I was making to Mothy. 

I am not one to put anyone on ignore but I for one do not want to engage you in conversation on threads because you just want to have a go. The Ann Budge photoshopped picture being one example of that. Reasonable points you make are lost a lot of the time due to this which is a shame. 

Excluding the Hobo trolls, everyone wants Hearts to be more successful. Despite how everybody feels it’s clear now that AB isn’t going to sack Levein. I sincerely hope the CL supporters are right and we do well. I don’t think we will but it’s time to draw a line and get behind the club.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I felt it was divisive Olly. Conflating hatred of Levein with wanting change is lazy and the vast majority of people who want to see change have nothing but love and respect for Levein down the years. 

It was an attempt to seek attention and you are very successful at that with several posters by being consistently confrontational. That's fair enough but you are just going to engender the same behaviour in return. That is the point I was making to Mothy. 

I am not one to put anyone on ignore but I for one do not want to engage you in conversation on threads because you just want to have a go. The Ann Budge photoshopped picture being one example of that. Reasonable points you make are lost a lot of the time due to this which is a shame. 

The photoshop was used by someone else, a bit tongue in cheek, but deserved if you chose a celtic win tbh. 

The board has been divided since Robbie, I can't take credit for dividing the fans. The poll just brought it to light how much some folk hate CL, that much they'd take a celtic win over Hearts in a sc final if it meant he was gone. 

That's a shocker tbh. 

I do enjoy the debate, but imo if folk come on to a Hearts forum, it's not a open forum, it's a Hearts one. If they come on and want us beat of hibs, want us beat in a final if it meant CL was sacked, call CL a loser,  a shite bag, say CL is shagging Budge, slag off Budge etc then they deserve a bit back. 

In fact, the surprising thing is that so many Hearts fans on here get a free hand to slag of our managers, players and club. 

That is not a difference of opinion, it's just ranting and behaviour I'd expect of hibs or the likes, not our own. 

If a Hearts fan came in a pub and called CL a loser, stated he'd want us beat in a final just to get rid- what would happen?