End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Dithered over the penalty and then should have saved it.

2nd came and went down too early. Stand taller longer makes it harder for the striker.

Horrible defending from Berra for both goals but, I think a better keeper doesn’t concede either 

Shame we didn't still have Big Jon Mclaughlin.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Dithered over the penalty and then should have saved it.

2nd came and went down too early. Stand taller longer makes it harder for the striker.

Horrible defending from Berra for both goals but, I think a better keeper doesn’t concede either 

Agree on the pen and Berra for both , second one though I think you have to credit Edouard as that was a great finish in those circumstances , blaming Bobby is a bit harsh imo

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Would have made a difference to both our league and cup campaigns, imo.

Very reliable GK.

Fine margins. 

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Our goalie is meh and has been found out on the big occasions - twice.

Sure, let's change the squad every year and buy players contracts out because they made some mistakes. How many mistakes did Henry Smith make? Rousset?

Sometimes you have to stick with what you've got and try to improve them.

Found and signed by Levein, and offered a contract extension he turned down. I'm sure he can uncover more players of similar quality. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Found and signed by Levein, and offered a contract extension he turned down. I'm sure he can uncover more players of similar quality. 

He's some guy our Craig. He seems to do all the jobs himself, I don't know why he bothers to have any staff.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He's some guy our Craig. He seems to do all the jobs himself, I don't know why he bothers to have any staff.

I found him three years before Craig?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well he was manager and DoF combined at that time.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sure, let's change the squad every year and buy players contracts out because they made some mistakes. How many mistakes did Henry Smith make? Rousset?

Sometimes you have to stick with what you've got and try to improve them.

Whoosh!

If you think Zlamal has the ability of a Smith or Rousset you are deluded.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There was an opening for you to demonstrate how even-handed you are Davy and you've passed it up.

Tut tut tut

28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whoosh!

If you think Zlamal has the ability of a Smith or Rousset you are deluded.

I don't think a goalie is high up our recruitment list, do you, unless someone like CG is available? There are much more important priorities. 

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There was an opening for you to demonstrate how even-handed you are Davy and you've passed it up.

Tut tut tut

Just a bit of fun Al. That's the problem with forums it;s diificult to tell unless you really know someone.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Agree on the pen and Berra for both , second one though I think you have to credit Edouard as that was a great finish in those circumstances , blaming Bobby is a bit harsh imo

He’s got a tendency to go down early. Watch any penalty he’s failed to save (Every one he’s faced I think). He was really unfortunate that he didn’t get a stronger hand to the cup final one. Should have stood up longer and made himself big for the 2nd. IMO of course.

We’ve had worse keepers. We’ve had better

Edited by Jamhammer

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s got a tendency to go down early. Watch any penalty he’s failed to save (Every one he’s faced I think). He was really unfortunate that he didn’t get a stronger hand to the cup final one. Should have stood up longer and made himself big for the 2nd. IMO of course.

:oohmatron:

Cut The Crap

No real reasons then why folk are genuinely optimistic about next season? Other than it might be our turn to come third or fourth?

Just a bit of fun Al. That's the problem with forums it;s diificult to tell unless you really know someone.

C'mon Davy, fun or not.  Just a wee word of praise for him.  You know you want to.

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“self entitled wee pricks”. 

Ever called any Hearts fan that to his face JT????

I did tell a wee prick at Easter Road once to get his UJ out of my face and stop being a wee prick after we beat Hibs 1-0 the game after they won the wee cup.

So if a Hearts fan is being a dick I will tell them - yes.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Def had worse def had better. At pens I think he is awful CF is prob the closest he’s come to saving one and he should of. Positioning for second imo was fine. He has an ok one on one record I think. Edouard deserves credit for a good finish. Thats why i said its harsh blaming him for the second. However it is what it is ?

13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He would have to find Tynie first. 

JT is a ****, that’s accepted. The guy who, on a match day thread would rather have a go at Hearts fans than enjoy the moment. 

?

14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He states his opinions lucidly however some of his terminology for fellow Hearts fans who share a different opinion is uncalled for IMO.

Fair comment.

But like I annoy ‘fellow’ Hearts fans who tell me where to go the feeling is often mutual.

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He doesn’t add anything interesting and he can **** off, quite frankly :)

I tell you what. I’ll make this promise to you - if Levein gets sacked or we don’t improve in the league next season I will leave this board for good as I will have been proven completely and embarrassingly wrong.

If we do improve I’m here to stay as I will lord it over everyone that wanted Levein sacked now because I will have been proven right.

Ok my friend?

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I did tell a wee prick at Easter Road once to get his UJ out of my face and stop being a wee prick after we beat Hibs 1-0 the game after they won the wee cup.

So if a Hearts fan is being a dick I will tell them - yes.

Well done JT - the wee prick with the UJ deserved it!!

I’m not sure Hearts fans who do not favour Levein as Manager deserve to be called wee dicks or pricks TBH.

25 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I tell you what. I’ll make this promise to you - if Levein gets sacked or we don’t improve in the league next season I will leave this board for good as I will have been proven completely and embarrassingly wrong.

If we do improve I’m here to stay as I will lord it over everyone that wanted Levein sacked now because I will have been proven right.

Ok my friend?

Will you judge 5th as acceptable as that will be an improvement??

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Ok my friend?

We did Improve in the league this season - more points. 

Also, far better in the cups. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Its all subjective when it comes to points and positions. Say we are 4th as we get back above Hibs as they are 4points worse off and Killie fall back 18points with losses to bottom 4teams and we beat them 4times. We are still just over 50points but moved up two places? Is that acceptable? 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its all subjective when it comes to points and positions. Say we are 4th as we get back above Hibs as they are 4points worse off and Killie fall back 18points with losses to bottom 4teams and we beat them 4times. We are still just over 50points but moved up two places? Is that acceptable? 

Only one thing matters and that is the final league position

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If we finish 10th and win 2 cups I would physically implode,the league is pish!The OF have got this wrapped up before a baw is kicked.

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The argument people would then use would be we got same points as last season. We didn’t make Europe. Same in reverse we get 68 points Killie have another blinder as do Aberdeen we finish 5th. 5th isnt acceptable yet we would have eclipsed this season. 

Edited by sadj

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If we finish 10th and win 2 cups I would physically implode,the league is pish!The OF have got this wrapped up before a baw is kicked.

This!

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nope. Nut. Negative. Niet. Non.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not sure Hearts fans who do not favour Levein as Manager deserve to be called wee dicks or pricks TBH.

Maybe not but what about Hearts fans who hate the manager more than they support the club?

1 hour ago, sadj said:

The argument people would then use would be we got same points as last season. We didn’t make Europe. Same in reverse we get 68 points Killie have another blinder as do Aberdeen we finish 5th. 5th isnt acceptable yet we would have eclipsed this season. 

Semantics

34 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Maybe not but what about Hearts fans who hate the manager more than they support the club?

He was not referring to the type of Hearts fan you describe - he was referring to Hearts fans with an alleged sense of entitlement.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Obviously!!!

But the conversation was related to points and final league position!

So it looks like Craig Levein is a lot more popular than the ‘gobby loudmouths’ on JKB would have you believe!

Great poll to demonstrate common sense and the opinions of the ‘real’ Hearts supporters!

2019/20 season will be great!

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

5th isn’t acceptable but it is an improvement.

To be fair i’ve given myself some slack LOL.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So it looks like Craig Levein is a lot more popular than the ‘gobby loudmouths’ on JKB would have you believe!

Great poll to demonstrate common sense and the opinions of the ‘real’ Hearts supporters!

A great poll to prove Levein is popular?????

More than half want a new Manager in!!

’Gobby loudmouths’ please! ?

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Its the sub-category of Levein haters who are self-entitled about what hearts should be doing each and every season that I aim the ‘wee pricks’ thing at.

I understand why some fans don’t like Levein. I think it’s stupidity but not all Levein haters are self-entitled. We should be finishing higher than 6th of course but I see sufficient to warrant Levein another season to complete HIS team.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Its the sub-category of Levein haters who are self-entitled about what hearts should be doing each and every season that I aim the ‘wee pricks’ thing at.

I understand why some fans don’t like Levein. I think it’s stupidity but not all Levein haters are self-entitled. We should be finishing higher than 6th of course but I see sufficient to warrant Levein another season to complete HIS team.

So in summary I’m a self entitled, stupid, Levein hating, wee prick....

I think that covers it! ?

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Ok my friend?

I'd say you'll only have been proven right over someone who wants Levein sacked if there's pretty substantial improvement next season. I'd say that means a top four finish, and if it's fourth, we'd have to have pushed whoever finished third hard all the way, and not been miles and miles off second either, plus we'd have to have done at least reasonably well in the cups (i.e. not lost to teams well below us in the league(s) and not gone out early unless to a very strong team.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd say you'll only have been proven right over someone who wants Levein sacked if there's pretty substantial improvement next season. I'd say that means a top four finish, and if it's fourth, we'd have to have pushed whoever finished third hard all the way, and not been miles and miles off second either, plus we'd have to have done at least reasonably well in the cups (i.e. not lost to teams well below us in the league(s) and not gone out early unless to a very strong team.

That's utterly shocking. Imagine wanting Hearts to meet expectations! :rolleyes:

It's ok though. If we don't hit those normal levels, the excuse factory will be back out in force (early stretches could be the new dressing rooms and corporate facilities, meaning resources have been diverted away from the team).

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Lol. Half want him gone.

Thats a lot of gobby loudmouths.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So when we won the SC in 2012 and the entire structure of the club was in dire straits, you didn’t give a monkeys

You’re a mess,squire. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol. Half want him gone.

Thats a lot of gobby loudmouths.

Their campaign has failed, Levein has the job and must keep it, glory will follow!