***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Naismith and one more (possibly 2 depending on Lee/others out on loan moves)

Anytime soon do you know ?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Thought you recently said hearts were working on 2 more plus Naismith?

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thought you recently said hearts were working on 2 more plus Naismith?

Pretty much what he said. 

32 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Ooh! Do u know who??? Go on Daz....

merseyjambo
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This forum astonishes me, it really does. Not only do we have a transfer thread 151 pages long with actual transfer chat being about a page worth, we have people in all seriousness claiming we should have Cummings - not only that - but Cummings ahead of Uche Ikpeazu.

The argument apparently being that Cummings is more of a finisher so therefore will score more goals than Uche. Nonsense, their only comparative stats would be when from their respective times in the Scottish Premiership. Cummings at Rangers scored 2 in 15 (13.3% of his games had a goal), whereas Uche scored 3 in 17 (17.6%). Add to that Cummings played in a side where a so called ‘penalty box striker’ would’ve been afforded more chances then all people are believing is a myth.

However the most outrageous thing I’m seeing is the criticism labelled at Uche. A free transfer from a League 2 side in England should not come with high expectations, and he exceeded any expectations anyone had. Yet he’s either a victim of his own performances or a lot of you have gone mad. To not see the space he creates when defenders double and triple up on him, his ability to hold the call and keep things up the park as well as his actual skill and scoring ability (raw, but undeniably there).

Genuinely not sure what it is with some of you. Do you look at Cummings and see someone like yourself, does he remind you of your mates you go to the pub with, is his ‘bantz’ similar to your sons and nephews you make excuses for because ‘their good kids really’? Personally I don’t see anything in Cummings other than a Scottish Championship level player with screw loose and the IQ of a gnat. I’d rather put energy into those in our own squad (Keena, Wighton, Henderson) and develop them than to bring in Cummings for an extra wage who is no better than Uche or Washington. That being said, if he signs and I’ll cheer him on as he’ll be playing in maroon, but for me we should be looking elsewhere (position wise, as well as personnel wise) as a far higher standard of quality is what would be required for any new signing.

How many games in those 15 in comparison to Uche’s 18 did he start. No point in ripping a player if he got on for the last 5 minutes. 

Personally i think Uche is a great option as someone who can rumble and drag defences but he’s not a predator and certainly won’t get us 15 goals a season. Got to disagree but I genuinely think Cummings could be that player. He’s got a better record than Shankland yet people were desperate to have him. He’s also got a better record than Wighton and again personally I don’t think Wighton will turn out to be anything better than a Wyness or Reilly. Keena I think is a player but his play at Dunfermline and in the time that he’s had on the pitch for us, he’s an around the box player not a penalty box striker.

I think your issue with Cummings is who he played for. I don’t care what he looks like or if he trashed a flat. Hes not sending dick pics or grooming kids or anything like that. He’s not the only footballer that has a low IQ (if he does). 

It’s a long time since we’ve had a poacher on our books. Personally I think he can be that player for us. He’s a Hearts supporter (so I’m led to believe) and I think he would grab the chance if we were to offer him the lifeline.

16 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Exactly, his strengths are things that you can't teach and his weaknesses are things you can. Isn't that exactly the sort of player you'd rather have? Look at the ones we'd have with the opposite, doubt we'd want any back in a hurry. 

The bolded bit. You are right, that is the reality. Maybe more of our fans need a bit of reality because the sort of player they seem to expect us to sign, 20 goal a season strikers etc, they don't come in our price range. We need to buy potential and develop to get a 20 goal striker. 

I think that's what's so frustrating about him though. His weaknesses are things that can be sorted, yet he seems to have made no progress towards sorting them. I really like him, he brings something different and seems to have a great attitude off the pitch. On it though, he's extremely greedy and has almost no game awareness. If he starts to play as team player he'll be much more useful for us and actually much more successful as an individual as well. 

As for the refereeing, he gets some bad calls but equally I do think far too often he is fouling people. He doesn't need to, he needs to use his strength in a smarter way, not just grapple with people. He also goes down a lot too easily.

He absolutely needs time but equally he's 24, if he hasn't shown an appetite to learn his craft by now maybe he never will. 

I'd certainly rather have him that not though and I hope with the coaching he gets he'll make improvements in the coming season. If he does, he could become a really very good player.

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

How many games in those 15 in comparison to Uche’s 18 did he start. No point in ripping a player if he got on for the last 5 minutes. 

Personally i think Uche is a great option as someone who can rumble and drag defences but he’s not a predator and certainly won’t get us 15 goals a season. Got to disagree but I genuinely think Cummings could be that player. He’s got a better record than Shankland yet people were desperate to have him. He’s also got a better record than Wighton and again personally I don’t think Wighton will turn out to be anything better than a Wyness or Reilly. Keena I think is a player but his play at Dunfermline and in the time that he’s had on the pitch for us, he’s an around the box player not a penalty box striker.

I think your issue with Cummings is who he played for. I don’t care what he looks like or if he trashed a flat. Hes not sending dick pics or grooming kids or anything like that. He’s not the only footballer that has a low IQ (if he does). 

It’s a long time since we’ve had a poacher on our books. Personally I think he can be that player for us. He’s a Hearts supporter (so I’m led to believe) and I think he would grab the chance if we were to offer him the lifeline.

Couldn't give a rats who he played for (would take McNulty in a heartbeat for example) I just don’t think he’s done anything at Rangers, Nottingham Forest, Peterborough or Luton that would back up any notion he would score 15 in the Scottish Premiership. His record at Hibs tells us he could score 15 in the championship, but we’re a step above that. So we’re a step above Cummings in my opinion.

Robbo Is God

Now that we have just been absolutely slaughtered in the extremely important 6 pointer against Cambridge today, I expect an influx of at least 18 players. CL, you better be sorting signatures as we speak!!! For a start Sturridge and Welbeck are free!!! Anybody ITK??? 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Have we been linked with Jason Cummings anywhere yet? People arguing over a player we so far aren’t interested in.

Cruyff Turn

I’m guessing that we must have made an offer for a midfielder by now? 

Hopinh we’ll hear something next week about who it could be. 

5 hours ago, andrew said:

No offence mate but that's shite, the boy was playing regularly for Hamburg last season and looked decent in his games for Scotland.

He was absolute mine for Scotland.  And apparently dumped by Hamburg, so good was he for them.  He was a bombscare for the Hun as well.

Give me Clevid any day of the week.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

I think that's what's so frustrating about him though. His weaknesses are things that can be sorted, yet he seems to have made no progress towards sorting them. I really like him, he brings something different and seems to have a great attitude off the pitch. On it though, he's extremely greedy and has almost no game awareness. If he starts to play as team player he'll be much more useful for us and actually much more successful as an individual as well. 

As for the refereeing, he gets some bad calls but equally I do think far too often he is fouling people. He doesn't need to, he needs to use his strength in a smarter way, not just grapple with people. He also goes down a lot too easily.

He absolutely needs time but equally he's 24, if he hasn't shown an appetite to learn his craft by now maybe he never will. 

I'd certainly rather have him that not though and I hope with the coaching he gets he'll make improvements in the coming season. If he does, he could become a really very good player.

Great post.

spirt of 98

Breaking news on Cummings - he was walking his dug in Cranmond today. Must be signing for Spartans they are nearby 😂

11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Breaking news on Cummings - he was walking his dug in Cranmond today. Must be signing for Spartans they are nearby 😂

What breed of dog has he got ?

Auld Reekin'
6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I've often wondered how they've managed to be so spectacularly bad, for so long. They have a huge fan base, a great stadium, but they have been getting progressively worse on the pitch for most of the last decade.

Exactly the same for VfB Stuttgart...   

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Hopefully their support is more tolerant than ours. 😄 They get their derby with Hannover 96 back in the coming season though. 🙄

Maybe their fans are just happy to have a club to support? 🤔

;)

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Maybe their fans are just happy to have a club to support? 🤔

;)

I didn’t know Hamburg ever had their existence at risk. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I didn’t know Hamburg ever had their existence at risk. 

If theyre not pissed off about where they find themselves then they are exactly where they should be IMO.

3 hours ago, HighTimes said:

He was absolute mine for Scotland.  And apparently dumped by Hamburg, so good was he for them.  He was a bombscare for the Hun as well.

Give me Clevid any day of the week.

I'm not that arsed about arguing about some ex Hun playing on the other side of the continent but there is no chance Dikamona is the better player.

In Bates' 4 games for Scotland we kept two clean sheets, won 3-2 against Israel where the two conceded were long range efforts and the infamous 3-0 in Kazakhstan where Shinnie and McKenna sold the goals.

Clevid is a decent back up for us but prior to signing he'd had 6 clubs in 6 years and had just been released from a team that finished 16th in the Greek league.

1 minute ago, andrew said:

I'm not that arsed about arguing about some ex Hun playing on the other side of the continent but there is no chance Dikamona is the better player.

In Bates' 4 games for Scotland we kept two clean sheets, won 3-2 against Israel where the two conceded were long range efforts and the infamous 3-0 in Kazakhstan where Shinnie and McKenna sold the goals.

Clevid is a decent back up for us but prior to signing he'd had 6 clubs in 6 years and had just been released from a team that finished 16th in the Greek league.

Clevid is that good we don’t play him. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If theyre not pissed off about where they find themselves then they are exactly where they should be IMO.

I’m sure they are pissed off but that clearly hasn’t made much, if any, difference. 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Clevid is that good we don’t play him. 

Saving him for special occasions!

jamboinglasgow

So as far as I can see from the press and on here.

We have 3 transfers close to completion.

Steven Naismith - waiting till 1st August so he can get his additional payment from Norwich for July.

Cletus Ndombil - awaiting him being awarded a work permit

Unknown East European (possibly Ukrainian) youngster - awaiting him being awarded a work permit

We are looking for a central midfielder - with reports being we have 4 targets who we are doing further research on.

18 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Thanks for pretty much repeating what CL said a week ago.

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Steven Naismith - waiting till 1st August so he can get his additional payment from Norwich for July.

Unknown East European (possibly Ukrainian) youngster - awaiting him being awarded a work permit

We are looking for a central midfielder - with reports being we have 4 targets who we are doing further research on.

If further research means you tube videos then no thanks. 

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

With free transfers it’s tricky to see them in competitive action pre season. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

what was said on here was checking their mental side to see if it is right for Scottish football.

Basically, we want to avoid a situation where we sign a talented player who comes with too much baggage through lifestyle and/or attitude foibles like Juanma, Goncalves or Vanecek, is what I took from that.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Basically, we want to avoid a situation where we sign a talented player who comes with too much baggage through lifestyle and/or attitude foibles like Juanma, Goncalves or Vanecek, is what I took from that.

Foibles. Good word Mothy.

Id agree with that approach just now. I get taking a chance on a player with talent beyond our usual reach. But we need solid types just now. Once we have that real stability, we can look at maverick types again perhaps.

10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Denis returns!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Foibles. Good word Mothy.

Id agree with that approach just now. I get taking a chance on a player with talent beyond our usual reach. But we need solid types just now. Once we have that real stability, we can look at maverick types again perhaps.

Yep, at this juncture, I doubt Levein wants to bring in a player who may need a bit of babysitting or who might attract ire from the crowd, when it’s such an important position he needs to fill. Haring is popular and if for example we brought in Adao, then he’d split opinion at least and have a few in the crowd on his back. Now Adao didn’t particularly have any stand out attitude issues that I was aware of, but if he had? 😬

Just for the sake of being topical, on top of all that, imagine the man was seen as an ‘FoH funded player’. 😬😬

10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I didnt know about the East European lad ... but had heard we are in talks with an English Championship side about taking one of their midfielders on loan.  Not sure if that is one of the 4 targets

11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It would seem that only one  of the three you mention would be a first team player at the moment.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Taffin said:

Agree 100%

Sometimes it looks like he's forgotten about the ball and just wrestling with the defenders, incredibly frustrating. 

Football intelligence and decision making in theory can be worked on, but very rarely is. 

My signature sums it up, and I'm sure we all played football with that 1 guy who was always a step ahead, it's probably more a natural gift than folk think or everyone would become great decision makers with great football awareness and intelligence through training, the fact is very few do. 

He's probably at a make or break point, last year he was our only option but this year, the teamwork and awareness of guys like Washington, Walker, Mulraney, Smith, Hickey even clare is already obvious, add in Naismith, maybe Lee and he must become more intelligent and have better decision making or he'll stand out like a sore thumb, not in a good way. 

Taking out two defenders then making a poor pass or following over will start to frustrate. 

Hopefully he can add that little bit to his game, just a little and become that effective unit but a little more rounded. 

13 hours ago, andrew said:

I'm not that arsed about arguing about some ex Hun playing on the other side of the continent

I'll not bother then and leave you content to be wrong :)

International clearance for Naismith could be an issue for the Aberdeen game.

Say we official sign him on 01/08 then we won’t have long to get clearance back for the first game. 

We seen the same thing happen with Walker when he had to be registered as a trialist against Glenavon as his papers took over a week to come through. 

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Say we official sign him on 01/08 then we won’t have long to get clearance back for the first game. 

We seen the same thing happen with Walker when he had to be registered as a trialist against Glenavon as his papers took over a week to come through. 

Think Naisy would need some matches before he would be back playing first team

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Think Naisy would need some matches before he would be back playing first team

Not Naismith.  He will be ready 

19 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I could be wrong but I think Naismith's international registration still lies with us. Wasn't that one of the reasons Danny Wilson wasn't classed as a transfer in, when we signed him permanently during admin? Because he was already registered with us when he was on loan? Could be wrong, mind. 

If we checked " their mental side to see if they are right for Scottish football" can folk not realise that outwith the old firm the only players that arrive in Scotland to sign have a flaw somewhere, jig you live in a fantasy world that hearts are signing the best of the best.

Edited by Lfhearts

30 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I could be wrong but I think Naismith's international registration still lies with us. Wasn't that one of the reasons Danny Wilson wasn't classed as a transfer in, when we signed him permanently during admin? Because he was already registered with us when he was on loan? Could be wrong, mind. 

Think you might be right. That was the loop hole that allowed us to keep Wilson.