***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

33 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

No Chris Cadden in the Motherwell line-up...any news ..are we still interested??

Isn't he out of contract? 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

heartmussel
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Call it out vigorously. Seriously, every post match interview Levein should mention it, every pre-match interview, every press conference. Get players doing it too.

Drum it in that its not okay to foul Uche because he's stronger than you. Maybe the referees will unconsciously take it on board.

Sat behind dugouts Dundee United game Neilson constantly telling defenders to complain about Uche using elbows and grabbing shirts,which they did constantly and it worked. One thing I always liked about Naismith is his constant narking at refs it definitely puts pressure on them,we do not have anyone else in team that uses this tactic,which always annoys me about Berra as club Captain.Would also like to see our taller/physical players on edge of area at corners as we are constantly being punished for our apparent aggression.We are an easy target after constantly being highlighted in match analysis.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

I'm not against Cummings signing either. 

I am also aware that Uche's decision making and intelligence has to improve, think most would agree. 

But Uche is clearly an effective player at our level. 

I don’t know about you, but for me, I look at Cummings as someone to push Washington, someone who we can bring off the bench. I believe JC will prove many wrong at this level. Very confident about that.

Cummings over Uche, no chance. Uche offers something completely different. He’s actually deceptively very quick and he weighs about the some as a lock forward in Rugby. The guy is an actual unit, his strength is unparalleled. Imagine trying to play against him when he’s fit and confident, center halves are leaving the pitch utterly fecked. It takes two players to mark him. 

Yeah, he’s not the finished article but he’s got the key components and we’ll refine him a bit more just to do the basics better and that will improve him and the team immensely. 

I can see his faults but his endeavour and heart makes him very endearing. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t know about you, but for me, I look at Cummings as someone to push Washington, someone who we can bring off the bench. I believe JC will prove many wrong at this level. Very confident about that.

Cummings over Uche, no chance. Uche offers something completely different. He’s actually deceptively very quick and he weighs about the some as a lock forward in Rugby. The guy is an actual unit, his strength is unparalleled. Imagine trying to play against him when he’s fit and confident, center halves are leaving the pitch utterly fecked. It takes two players to mark him. 

Yeah, he’s not the finished article but he’s got the key components and we’ll refine him a bit more just to do the basics better and that will improve him and the team immensely. 

Agree about Uche but for him to be a starter he needs to be at peak match fitness.👍

34 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Isn't he out of contract? 

Cadden out of contract but registration still with Motherwell. Issue is compensation needs to be reached. Prob doesn’t help he was capped when mcleish took over. Wonder if he is also managed by big ecks agent son like Stephen o’donnell was?

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agreed, and as I originally said unsure why some can't talk about transfers without trashing our own. 

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agree about Uche but for him to be a starter he needs to be at peak match fitness.👍

I don’t think he will be a regular stevie tbf, he seems to have an hour in him at most. Think it’ll be Naisy and Washington who will play when fit. Uche to come on for 30 minutes, which surely must be a defenders worst nightmare after an hour. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Agreed, and as I originally said unsure why some can't talk about transfers without trashing our own. 

It seems to be the in thing, two games in, Bobby and Berra have been slaughtered. 

Portable Badger

Interesting post on the non-Hearts transfer thread just now - Connor Randall is currently available after being released by Liverpool.

Potential DM option I guess 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Interesting post on the non-Hearts transfer thread just now - Connor Randall is currently available after being released by Liverpool.

Terrible footballer. 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Terrible footballer. 

Don't sit in the fence Olly.   Tell us what you really think!;)

Didnt think he was that bad but certainly not a world beater

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Suffered from playing at a nightmare time for us under Cathro. I thought he improved under Levein and put in some decent shifts, especially the 4-0 Celtic game. As cover to add aggression in Haring's position, and provide RB cover, I wouldn't be either overjoyed or downcast at this. I think we would still need someone more experienced as well though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Terrible footballer. 

Better option than Brandon.

Was looking decent towards the end of his time here.

Not that he’ll be coming back...

14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Terrible footballer. 

Really? I thought Randall was really coming onto a game towards the end of his season with us. Didn't look significantly better than Brandon or Godinho.. A RB, never a CM in his life though. 

Kinda reminds me of Michael Smith but younger and not quite as solid yet.

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Cadden out of contract but registration still with Motherwell. Issue is compensation needs to be reached. Prob doesn’t help he was capped when mcleish took over. Wonder if he is also managed by big ecks agent son like Stephen o’donnell was?

Maybe a swap deal would work. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49040340

2 goals in 26... Guessing Dolly Menga only looked good against us?

I was working at the stadium last season and watched Livvy train for a while and i can honestly say Menga was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen - his lack of awareness and how to follow instructions made me wonder how he had started so well in Scotland (was just after he scored winner v Rangers) another thing that struck me was that the assistant Martindale did all the bawling and shouting Gary Holt was more relaxed 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

My main worry with Uche is there might come a point when the way refs treat him, and the way teams take advantage of that, makes him more of a liability than the asset he should be. He can't help it if defenders are like tiny stick men compared to him. I do like him but kind of agree when Naismith is back Uche as impact sub for a while could be a good shout.

This part of your quote pretty much describes what happened when he came back from injury in February.

He didn't adapt well to how he was being played and ended up being pretty useless in most games.

I do wish our coaches would work more on his passing/awareness as he pretty much always plays with his head down.

AlphonseCapone

Uche is only 24 and has played one season in Scottish football. The guy has a brilliant attitude, work ethic and attributes. Given the right environment and coaching he could be nurtured into a top player at our level. Do folk not get time anymore?

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Uche is only 24 and has played one season in Scottish football. The guy has a brilliant attitude, work ethic and attributes. Given the right environment and coaching he could be nurtured into a top player at our level. Do folk not get time anymore?

Nobody doubts his attitude, work ethic and enthusiasm, it’s his inability to see the obvious that’s the problem. He is great at running into defenders but hopeless at looking up, being aware of his team mates and making a decent pass. When he does score his immediate reaction is to run towards CL and the coaching team for their adulation while ignoring his team mates. He’s not a team player. The reality is if he was any good he would have been signed up by one of the bigger English clubs instead he was signed by CL. Hence the CL adulation.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Dodger84 said:

Will be good to finally land this midfield player..... anymore names being mentioned?

“finally”

:sheen:

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I was working at the stadium last season and watched Livvy train for a while and i can honestly say Menga was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen - his lack of awareness and how to follow instructions made me wonder how he had started so well in Scotland (was just after he scored winner v Rangers) another thing that struck me was that the assistant Martindale did all the bawling and shouting Gary Holt was more relaxed 

Is it not the case that Martindale's basically in charge but can't officially get the job because of his unsavoury past?

49 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Don’t think he was a bad player either. With better players around him he’d do a job in DM.

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, Prof said:

Nobody doubts his attitude, work ethic and enthusiasm, it’s his inability to see the obvious that’s the problem. He is great at running into defenders but hopeless at looking up, being aware of his team mates and making a decent pass. When he does score his immediate reaction is to run towards CL and the coaching team for their adulation while ignoring his team mates. He’s not a team player. The reality is if he was any good he would have been signed up by one of the bigger English clubs instead he was signed by CL. Hence the CL adulation.

Exactly, his strengths are things that you can't teach and his weaknesses are things you can. Isn't that exactly the sort of player you'd rather have? Look at the ones we'd have with the opposite, doubt we'd want any back in a hurry. 

The bolded bit. You are right, that is the reality. Maybe more of our fans need a bit of reality because the sort of player they seem to expect us to sign, 20 goal a season strikers etc, they don't come in our price range. We need to buy potential and develop to get a 20 goal striker. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Soapy Soutar
8 minutes ago, Prof said:

Very unjustified to state he is not a team player,yes he guilty of not looking up and not great at picking out a pass but that doesnt mean he is not a good team player.As for the CL adulation again that doesnt mean he doesnt appreciate his team mates maybe he is aware he is limited and is very grateful for the chance cl took and the work they have done with him.

Rocky jamboa

Uche might come into his own this season with guys playing off him, like naismith and Walker.

He showed in his goal v the dons that he has composure and a good finish in his locker. 

Probably unlikely to score 20 goals a season but still contributes a lot and is a fans favourite.... well, for the majority! 

fabienleclerq

28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He's not a good footballer, his passing is so poor, his finishing is poor, he is actually poor in the air as well. He's a big unit who runs himself into the ground and struggles after 60 minutes. He got found out after half a season, he won't hit double figures for us. 

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Prof said:

6365616763_da3f93727c_b.jpg

Cruyff Turn
36 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Suffered from playing at a nightmare time for us under Cathro. I thought he improved under Levein and put in some decent shifts, especially the 4-0 Celtic game. As cover to add aggression in Haring's position, and provide RB cover, I wouldn't be either overjoyed or downcast at this. I think we would still need someone more experienced as well though.

55 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Better option than Brandon.

Was looking decent towards the end of his time here.

Not that he’ll be coming back...

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really? I thought Randall was really coming onto a game towards the end of his season with us. Didn't look significantly better than Brandon or Godinho.. A RB, never a CM in his life though. 

Kinda reminds me of Michael Smith but younger and not quite as solid yet.

Maybe.

But, nut.

shite touch, terrible passing, poor decision making, slow.

Ran about and could header a ball, tho.

Smith playing with his left foot is better.

46 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not if you are employed by Hearts and play in front of the most negative, critical fans in the game. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I agree with Prof. Uche's a greedy so-and-so.

The guy gives absolutely everything he's got for the team.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hmmm. He's definitely a grafter but he only seems focused on bulldozing his way into the box these days. I do think his greediness comes stems from his lack of ability though.

30 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Uche might come into his own this season with guys playing off him, like naismith and Walker.

He showed in his goal v the dons that he has composure and a good finish in his locker. 

Probably unlikely to score 20 goals a season but still contributes a lot and is a fans favourite.... well, for the majority! 

90 mins is a long time and you are called on to do your share of the dirty work but I’d like to see Uche have some of the workload taken off him.

How often was the guy able to attack the ball in the box or lay it off and get himself into the box thereafter,  last season? The late equaliser at Fester is one rarity that springs to mind.  He won’t get chances always being 25, 30 yards from goal where he’s being asked to be the focal point most of the time. 

He needs the wide men and midfielders to work better outside the area, get closer on the fringes of the box to supply the forwards.  

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Hmmm. He's definitely a grafter but he only seems focused on bulldozing his way into the box these days. I do think his greediness comes stems from his lack of ability though.

It’s his awareness of team mares he needs to improve imo. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, He's not got bags of talent but his workrate, effort and attitude are all first class. Fortunately in Scotland that can be enough. I don't think he'll do much down south but he can absolutely do the job we need him for. 

Folk like to chuck stats about with little context. He missed a shitload of games last season with that weird foot bone injury. Safe to say there wasn't a lot of the season left for him to regain his match sharpness and make the impact we needed him to. Also think he wasn't given enough recovery (since he was basically thrown back in) and by the end of the season he was on fumes. Playing him against Aberdeen before the final ****ed him IMO, should have been saved for the final.. but thats another moan :D 

Anyway, new season. I reckon Uche will hit a lot more and create more for Naisy/ Washington/ Mulraney & Walker. His game isn't goalscoring anyway and the overall success of the team with him in it should be how he is judged. Levein likes strikers who can help the ball stick when its played forward, ultimately if he does his job right that will happen allowing the aforementioned players to be drawn into the game and create chances & goals. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

He would rattle in a few goals, kiss the badge and everyone would lick his erse.

He's better when Naismith in the team talking him through game in my opinion 

Never Let Them Forget

Would like us to have a go for Omeonga that was on loan at them last season. The boy was a player.

30 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Would like us to have a go for Omeonga that was on loan at them last season. The boy was a player.

How many times did you watch the guy ? because I only seen him a couple of times against Hearts and when Hibs were on the box and to me he ran about a lot but does nothing with the ball. Even Sportscene done a highlights of a good game he supposedly had and again he ran a lot with ball but had no end product. For a midfielder his stats for goals and assists can’t be up to much. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

How many times did you watch the guy ? because I only seen him a couple of times against Hearts and when Hibs were on the box and to me he ran about a lot but does nothing with the ball. Even Sportscene done a highlights of a good game he supposedly had and again he ran a lot with ball but had no end product. For a midfielder his stats for goals and assists can’t be up to much. 

Doesn't matter, cool name and funny hairdoo- good player. 

52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s his awareness of team mares he needs to improve imo. 

Horses for coarses.

39 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He's better when Naismith in the team talking him through game in my opinio

I agree, i hate to say this but let's be honest without Naismith shouting at teammates and telling a few players as it is we were pretty lost at times last season. 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Doesn't matter, cool name and funny hairdoo- good player. 

Aye and seemingly he plays the piano , Get him signed

Oneneilberry
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Frank me and you never agree and a lot might not agree with me on this either. I love big uche his work rate is second to none. Other teams have worked out how to play him. He's awkward and his link up play, for me is poor. Its detrimental in the respect we have no other way to play up top,  so when we pass to him 8/10 he fouls or loses the ball and it comes right back at us. He was absolutely pony vs united last week. I watched him closely for 90 mins. I have done for a while. I don't see the big fuss. He's strong but clumsy with it and his goal return is very poor. Will i support him? Of course anyone that gives Hearts 110% effort always will. I just don't think he's that good.. that's my opinion. It's like arseholes everyone has them 

Nailed it for me ..can’t fault the big guy for effort (wish the whole team would show the same work rate)yet to see this pace people talk about and a very poor finisher