***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

I would take him. He's a decent player and if he screwed the nut he could become a very good player for us. We have nowt to lose by giving him a year with a option to extend.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

31 minutes ago, Monsieur Maroon said:

Jason Cummings was not seen at Riccarton yesterday!  Also, his playing record aside, his Character is way too questionable.  I would be so surprised to see us go near him.

His character is questionable?  Don't see what he's done? 

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Can't wait to see the names we're linked with today. This thread is a belter, soooooo exciting. 

There’s very little happening, or so it seems, within the club.

What exactly are you expecting on this thread?

Even if it’s mostly garbage, I enjoy reading the names mentioned on here. 

If you don’t, maybe you should stop opening it?

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

His character is questionable?  Don't see what he's done? 

Smashing up his flat was a bit weird, wasn’t it? 

I think Cummings would score a decent amount of goals.

No idea if his fitness or attitude is in the right place, or if CL is even remotely interested, but if it is and CL was, I'd back his signing.

We need goals. Players who score them are not easy to come by. True, most of Cummings goals have been in the Scottish Championship but that included strikes against us and Rangers. Also, if you can score consistently against clubs in that division it's highly likely you can get them against bottom 6 clubs in the Premier, too.

I get the feeling some club in the Premier is going to get the benefit of 10-15 Cummings goals this season. We could use them.

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Have we been linked with Cummings by any credible source? Or is is just ramblings of Sh*te on here due to the fact nouthing else is happening. 

3 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Have we been linked with Cummings by any credible source? Or is is just ramblings of Sh*te on here due to the fact nouthing else is happening. 

The second one.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Papa said:

FWIW I was speaking this week to a HMFC employee (shouldn’t name him) who considers it a no brainer to get JC on loan from Forest. So I wasn’t surprised that he was seen at Riccarton. Not convinced by him or whether CL would bite.

I thought CL was looking for a midfielder to cover for Haring - and that's the only signing he's looking to make.  So where's the pointless Cummings chat come from?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why do folk call him cumdog? In fact I don't want to know 

It was his wrestling nickname. One of his better moments 

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why do folk call him cumdog? In fact I don't want to know 

Guessing it’s a twist on Slumdog.

Why do people believe stuff like this. If Cummings was training with Hearts with an eye for him to get a move to us, this would be all over the press. He’s a high profile Scottish player, due to his baggage and the fact that he’s played for rangers etc, it would’ve been picked up by the media instantly. Also, Hearts and or Cummings would’ve released the news to the press, that’s how moves normally work. If he was training at hearts then it was no more than a keeping fit exercise whilst up the road. 

11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Could well be... are you of Indian descent? 😄

Just have this image now of you sitting in the house sipping a beer , stroking your Ghandi beard before raising your Ghandi glasses to tell a terrible dad joke.....

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Just have this image now of you sitting in the house sipping a beer , stroking your Ghandi beard before raising your Ghandi glasses to tell a terrible dad joke.....

That's me every weekend.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Why do people believe stuff like this. If Cummings was training with Hearts with an eye for him to get a move to us, this would be all over the press. He’s a high profile Scottish player, due to his baggage and the fact that he’s played for rangers etc, it would’ve been picked up by the media instantly. Also, Hearts and or Cummings would’ve released the news to the press, that’s how moves normally work. If he was training at hearts then it was no more than a keeping fit exercise whilst up the road. 

We know he wasn't training. 

With Washington and Keena in the squad don't think we would be interested. 

Would be exciting to see a quality midfielder arriving before opening day of the league but sometimes patience pays off 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's me every weekend.

What a disturbing thought

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cummings will be back at HIbs imho 

Why? 

20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I thought CL was looking for a midfielder to cover for Haring - and that's the only signing he's looking to make.  So where's the pointless Cummings chat come from?

Hey was only saying what I knew as fact - admittedly not a lot.

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

And they got him for free - bargain. By the way I had a look at Naismith's stats and he had his best scoring rate with us last season apart from his last season at Rangers. Imagine if he hadn't got injured - could have been that 20 goal player. For all the criticism, several players have come here and scored way beyond their previous stats - Lafferty, Sow, Rudi, Djoum and Naismith notably in recent seasons. I suppose Cummings could do the same but don't see it. D Utd's next signing?

I don't think Naismith will be a 20 goal player if Clare takes the penalties.

50 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Really?

49 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Smashing up his flat was a bit weird, wasn’t it? 

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Fair enough, he smashed his own flat :lol: pretty weird behaviour but I'm sure we've had players at the club that have done worse.

Anyway I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, he's a Scotland international and still young enough to sort himself out.  If the financial package was suitable for the club I think it could be a risk worth taking - plus it would piss off Hibs fans which is always a bonus.

Also heres why he done what he done

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jason-cummings-smashes-own-flat-13228287

Edited by Longshanks

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

He wasn't seen at Hearts.

The guy was at a cricket game in England.

Ok ‘if’ he was seen at Hearts. pedantic lot on here.  

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cummings will be back at HIbs imho 

Definately. This is a total non starter

Jambo, Goodbye

People wanting to sign Cumdog...

q3iCWqE.gif

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Clerry Jambo
29 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a disturbing thought

Why? 

Cause I believe they’re in for him

Byyy The Light
26 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Fair enough, he smashed his own flat :lol: pretty weird behaviour but I'm sure we've had players at the club that have done worse.

Anyway I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, he's a Scotland international and still young enough to sort himself out.  If the financial package was suitable for the club I think it could be a risk worth taking - plus it would piss off Hibs fans which is always a bonus.

Also heres why he done what he done

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jason-cummings-smashes-own-flat-13228287

That’s some nice spin from the club! More like he was acting big time so the lads lads lads would think he’s mental and a great lad. Top man etc.

Couldn’t give a sh*t what these guys get up to on a night out. What’s important is if they stick the ball in the back of the net for Hearts and I think Cummings is worth a punt. 

Robbo-Jambo
42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would be exciting to see a quality midfielder arriving before opening day of the league but sometimes patience pays off 

A quality midfielder is top priority by a mile but Levein did say he would take his time to make sure we got the right man. 

Imagine he would be signed up before the Aberdeen game if possible though.

Apparently he is looking at 4 possibilities. 

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we see Keena as a potentially prolific striker as no-one else quite fits that role. I think we could do with a more physical alternative to Uche if he gets injured or loses form. That is why the Hornby loan chat from a few weeks chat made some sense.  The central midfielder is the key signing though - I agree.

1 minute ago, dellboy1971 said:

Should Hearts go all out and sign Jason Cummings as I think better that what strikers at club

Record doesn't say that. 

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, Jenks said:

I don't think Naismith will be a 20 goal player if Clare takes the penalties.

Clare should be the man for pens. Feel a lot more confident when he runs up to take one. 

Not had that feeling for a few seasons. 

Nap to miss his next one now 🙄

22 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

People wanting to sign Cumdog...

q3iCWqE.gif

Lafferty was a hard enough one to take. Cummings really would be :sick:

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The point about Cummings is he has failed to do anywhere near what he did for Hibs in the Championship at every club at a higher level (our level). Other players, like Robbo, Naismith and Rudi, proved they could do it at a higher level even if they didn't do it every single season.

Absolutely, he has never proved he could do it a higher level despite being at few clubs on loan etc since he left Hibs. 

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, dellboy1971 said:

Should Hearts go all out and sign Jason Cummings as I think better that what strikers at club

Its all over the transfer thread about Cummings. 

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Absolutely, he has never proved he could do it a higher level despite being at few clubs on loan etc since he left Hibs. 

The only thing he understands what to do at a higher level is to launch TVs from them. 

When you look at our squad, regardless of what you think of the ability in there the one thing noticable across the spectrum is the sheer professionalism of everyone. Our youngsters are dedicated with sensible heads and the experienced guys know what its about.

Cummings is an arsehole and wouldn't last a season. This is why he has only ever done well in the playparks of Hibs and Rangers (to an extent) and failed pretty miserably down south where they put a lot of the teams up here to shame.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He would rattle in a few goals, kiss the badge and everyone would lick his erse.

Or he'd go 5 games without a goal and certain posters would want CL sacked for signing him.