***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

In what sense? Has no vision, doesn’t pass, can’t finish, doesn’t link, runs out of gas around 30 minutes..........bags of desire, fantastic attitude and a gent, but not a footballer. 

Mostly true, but he’s a difficult opponent who causes problems with his strength and pace, he works hard for the team and chases down everything, he can pin  defenders and creates space for others. That makes him effective. Not much of a footballer but certainly an asset to the team. 

There is certainly room for improvement as well. Needs to do the simple stuff better.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Mostly true, but he’s a difficult opponent who causes problems with his strength and pace, he works hard for the team and chases down everything, he can pin  defenders and creates space for others. That makes him effective. Not much of a footballer but certainly an asset to the team. 

There is certainly room for improvement as well. Needs to do the simple stuff better.

Yeah wouldn’t disagree with that summary to be honest. I love the bigs attitude, think of the player Clare could be if he had the big mans attitude. He’s just not my cup of tea. Hopefully he benefits greatly from Naismith being back and service from mulraney and walker. 

jamboinglasgow

Crazy to think, the whole time this thread has been up, we have only signed two players, Washington and Walker (Halkett and White having signed or agreed to sign before the tread started.)

There has not even been signings for reserves or U18s. (I am not counting the players given pro-youth contracts as they were promoted from the academy.)

46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Uche’s no superstar but he’s a magnificent asset to the team. 

Disagree I'd say he is a detrement to the side for me.

We tend to punt to him every single time, he's strong that's about it. His strength is actually a downfall as he's unfairly penalised by refs for fouling when he actually isn't. His passing is poor and his goalscoring isn't that good at all and we rely on on him too much. Most moves to Uche end up with a gash pass or a foul and stops play and momentum

He's a sub impact player for me at best 

Edited by kimosavi

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

We must watch different games. 

Must do. Because Ikpeazu has:

scored goals

picked passes 

linked play

On top of that he has driven in to the box plenty of times fending off opposition defenders (like wunderkid Tierney for example), before getting the ball to a Hearts attacker. He is almost impossible to get the ball off, and he’s frequently still doing all these things well in to the last quarter of games. :lol:

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

In what sense? Has no vision, doesn’t pass, can’t finish, doesn’t link, runs out of gas around 30 minutes..........bags of desire, fantastic attitude and a gent, but not a footballer. 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

:rofl:

Holy-moley. This place is actually hilarious sometimes. Honest to god... :facepalm: 

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Uche’s no superstar but he’s a magnificent asset to the team. 

This x 51 million

:indeed:

Edited by To Be Frank

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

scored goals

picked passes 

linked play

On top of that he has driven in to the box plenty of times fending off opposition defenders (like wunderkid Tierney for example), before getting the ball to a Hearts attacker. He is almost impossible to get the ball off, and he’s frequently still doing all these things well in to the last quarter of games. :lol:

Like I said, we must watch different games. Uche splits opinions. I love his attitude and commitment, just don’t think he’s a player. Hopefully he’ll kick on and prove me wrong with a fit Naismith and service from Mulraney and Walker. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Like I said, we must watch different games. Uche splits opinions. I love his attitude and commitment, just don’t think he’s a player. Hopefully he’ll kick on and prove me wrong with a fit Naismith and service from Mulraney and Walker. 

Okay. *sigh*

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We tend to punt to him every single time, he's strong that's about it. His strength is actually a downfall as he's unfairly penalised by refs for fouling when he actually isn't. His passing is poor and his goalscoring isn't that good at all and we rely on on him too much. Most moves to Uche end up with a gash pass or a foul and stops play and momentum

He's a sub impact player for me at best 

He has his strengths and weaknesses but let’s not pretend he isn’t an asset. 

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

scored goals

picked passes 

linked play

Plus he has the ability to improve and I think having Washington and Naismith about he will get better this season. 

He is still a bit raw and rash at times but Naismith will be in his ear constantly for 90 mins telling him what he is doing wrong and right for that matter. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don't rate him technically but then again I don't rate many of our players on that front. But get him wound up and motivated he can do everything and he has no respect for any centre backs (which is a great thing)

Great bit of business getting him tied down till 2022

Uche and Washinton/ Cummings could have that big guy wee guy recipe thats been successful for years. 

To be calling Uche and carthorse/ Donkey isn't on. He isn't a technically gifted player like say, Sow, but has bags and bags of athleticism and desire. He's got the sort of work rate you need in a player.  I also think he's a handful for opposing defenders, having a striker which is physically stronger 9 times out of ten than every other defender in the league is a massive asset and its up to us to play to his strengths.

Cummings, He scored more than any of our players in the championship and did it consistently. You can only play whats in front of you, so to somehow discount that is laughable. Sow was a failure down South, Lafferty too. The odds of actually succeeding down there are pretty low and most either end up back in Scotland or mulling about league 2. The fact is, if he had succeeded down south we'd never be able to afford him. Yes its a risk, but unfortunately thems the breaks when your market is bargain basement. 

22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:rofl:

Holy-moley. This place is actually hilarious sometimes. Honest to god... :facepalm: 

You don't agree 👌 

That's a good thing 🖕

Just now, kimosavi said:

You don't agree 👌 

That's a good thing 🖕

Facts and reality don’t agree with you Kimo. Uche’s detrimental... **** me... :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Plus he has the ability to improve and I think having Washington and Naismith about he will get better this season. 

He is still a bit raw and rash at times but Naismith will be in his ear constantly for 90 mins telling him what he is doing wrong and right for that matter. 

Well, aye. I would agree with all that, yes. Or alternatively he’s “detrimental to the team”. Which is it? It’s a tough one this... :lol:

It’s a tough one. Firstly, I like Uche. The basics in attitude and endeavour he brings causes all sorts of panic in defences. 

But yes, there’s a case to argue about other abilities but I’d say more in respect of consistency in executing those abilities over 90 mins more frequently. He does have visions, awareness etc...it’s just becoming more focused on using them better.  

I do think in his head the first thing he wants to do, is do it all himself. Admirable, but I’d like to see him already thinking where he can put the ball quicker. Change his game up a bit.  Yes, the run needs to be there for him, obviously. 

The guy is still to be dislodged as first choice so we have a wait, but then again, CL may be think of a pairing for most of the season?

Bunny Munro

Uche needs to score more, thats for sure. Only getting 3 league goals isn't good enough for the starting striker - injury or not. But to be fair, those three goals were two winners vs teams that finished above us and a late equaliser in the Derby. 

I think Uche is decent, I'm less sure than I was last season that he should be starting each game, but he has his place in the squad. Teams tend to put two men on him, that opens up space for others.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well, aye. I would agree with all that, yes. Or alternatively he’s “detrimental to the team”. Which is it? It’s a tough one this... :lol:

Aye it is for some 🙄

15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d say more in respect of consistency in executing those abilities over 90 mins more frequently. He does have visions, awareness etc...it’s just becoming more focused on using them better.  

And that is fair enough. I’m inclined to agree.

Dagger Is Back
23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s a tough one. Firstly, I like Uche. The basics in attitude and endeavour he brings causes all sorts of panic in defences. 

But yes, there’s a case to argue about other abilities but I’d say more in respect of consistency in executing those abilities over 90 mins more frequently. He does have visions, awareness etc...it’s just becoming more focused on using them better.  

I do think in his head the first thing he wants to do, is do it all himself. Admirable, but I’d like to see him already thinking where he can put the ball quicker. Change his game up a bit.  Yes, the run needs to be there for him, obviously. 

The guy is still to be dislodged as first choice so we have a wait, but then again, CL may be think of a pairing for most of the season?

This sums up the big fella for me. A big asset to the team but could be a massive player if we use him properly and if he can improve his vision and awareness. Defenders must absolutely hate playing him and that's before the game even starts. I think some of the time he tries to go alone is because he doesn't have another viable option. Another one of these front players we get where we need to make sure the other players and formation etc. is set up to maximise his potential

23 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Uche needs to score more, thats for sure. Only getting 3 league goals isn't good enough for the starting striker - injury or not. But to be fair, those three goals were two winners vs teams that finished above us and a late equaliser in the Derby. 

I think Uche is decent, I'm less sure than I was last season that he should be starting each game, but he has his place in the squad. Teams tend to put two men on him, that opens up space for others.

Yip and it's up to the coaches to set the team  up to take advantage of that and the other players to play their part

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

This x 51 million

:indeed:

Agree. Hopefully playing with Washington makes a difference. Can’t see us signing cumdog after signing him. Need to sort out a decent midfielder first. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Facts and reality don’t agree with you Kimo. Uche’s detrimental... **** me... :lol: 

Yes he is Icon 

His lack of goals and assists back this up 👍

Good impact sub 

Bazzas right boot

Can only think the heat is getting to some. 

It's quite common for some on here to slag all things Hearts and talk up the likes of rangers, Motherwell and Killie, however talking up "cumdog", while classing our players as poor and ripping them is a new low. 

Even if you do think Cummings would be a decent signing, why Hearts fans can't get that across without slagging of our current players is beyond me. 

Clarke is good, CL is shite

Cummings would be decent, Uche is shite. 

Shite. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Teams know how to play against him now. 

If its Uche we are talking about if he can be smarter and get referees to give more fouls then he has a chance. 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Yes he is Icon 

His lack of goals and assists back this up 👍

Good impact sub 

Think you need to look up the meaning of detrimental. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Uche is exactly the sort of forward who brings much more to a team than goals and assists. His workrate, ability to get us up the pitch and create space for other players is fantastic. 

Even putting that aside, 8 goals and 5 assists in 28 games is a pretty decent return for his first season stepping up to a higher level. That’s scoring a goal or setting one up almost every second game. 

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Teams know how to play against him now. 

Yep and that’s to double up on him. Which leaves lots of lovely space for Washington, Naismith, Walker and Mulraney to utilise. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If its Uche we are talking about if he can be smarter and get referees to give more fouls then he has a chance. 

Not sure he is. We'll see. 

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Yep and that’s to double up on him. Which leaves lots of lovely space for Washington, Naismith, Walker and Mulraney to utilise. 👍🏻

If they're organised enough. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Think you need to look up the meaning of detrimental. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Uche is exactly the sort of forward who brings much more to a team than goals and assists. His workrate, ability to get us up the pitch and create space for other players is fantastic. 

Even putting that aside, 8 goals and 5 assists in 28 games is a pretty decent return for his first season stepping up to a higher level. That’s scoring a goal or setting one up almost every second game. 

Frank me and you never agree and a lot might not agree with me on this either. I love big uche his work rate is second to none. Other teams have worked out how to play him. He's awkward and his link up play, for me is poor. Its detrimental in the respect we have no other way to play up top,  so when we pass to him 8/10 he fouls or loses the ball and it comes right back at us. He was absolutely pony vs united last week. I watched him closely for 90 mins. I have done for a while. I don't see the big fuss. He's strong but clumsy with it and his goal return is very poor. Will i support him? Of course anyone that gives Hearts 110% effort always will. I just don't think he's that good.. that's my opinion. It's like arseholes everyone has them 

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Frank me and you never agree and a lot might not agree with me on this either. I love big uche his work rate is second to none. Other teams have worked out how to play him. He's awkward and his link up play, for me is poor. Its detrimental in the respect we have no other way to play up top,  so when we pass to him 8/10 he fouls or loses the ball and it comes right back at us. He was absolutely pony vs united last week. I watched him closely for 90 mins. I have done for a while. I don't see the big fuss. He's strong but clumsy with it and his goal return is very poor. Will i support him? Of course anyone that gives Hearts 110% effort always will. I just don't think he's that good.. that's my opinion. It's like arseholes everyone has them 

Totally entitled to your opinion and most of your post makes sense. Saying he is detrimental doesn’t though. For that to be true it would mean we would have more chance of winning a game if he got sent off in the first minute and we played with ten men ie. him being on the pitch makes us worse than him not being on the pitch.

PS We agree on Cumming 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Creates space for others, draws defenders away, has occasional moments of great skill, impossible to stop when he gets going without fouling him, great attitude. I think his qualities outweigh the downsides you mention. Wish he dominated in the air more though, especially in front of goal. It's also very worth pointing out he gets absolutely nothing from refs, which has 100% affected his effectiveness for us. Not sire what we can do about that though.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Creates space for others, draws defenders away, has occasional moments of great skill, impossible to stop when he gets going without fouling him, great attitude. I think his qualities outweigh the downsides you mention. Wish he dominated in the air more though, especially in front of goal. It's also very worth pointing out he gets absolutely nothing from refs, which has 100% affected his effectiveness for us. Not sire what we can do about that though.

I'll agree he gets nothing from referees beacuse he's strong and that won't ever change. A player falling over uche or running into him is a foul as he's deemed to be this beast. His strength could actually be his kryptonite in the SPL

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kimosavi said:

I'll agree he gets nothing from referees beacuse he's strong and that won't ever change. A player falling over uche or running into him is a foul as he's deemed to be this beast. His strength could actually be his kryptonite in the SPL

My main worry with Uche is there might come a point when the way refs treat him, and the way teams take advantage of that, makes him more of a liability than the asset he should be. He can't help it if defenders are like tiny stick men compared to him. I do like him but kind of agree when Naismith is back Uche as impact sub for a while could be a good shout.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Call it out vigorously. Seriously, every post match interview Levein should mention it, every pre-match interview, every press conference. Get players doing it too.

Drum it in that its not okay to foul Uche because he's stronger than you. Maybe the referees will unconsciously take it on board.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My main worry with Uche is there might come a point when the way refs treat him, and the way teams take advantage of that, makes him more of a liability than the asset he should be. He can't help it if defenders are like tiny stick men compared to him. I do like him but kind of agree when Naismith is back Uche as impact sub for a while could be a good shout.

Let’s face facts, If Uche played for either if the Old Filth he would win foul after foul. Clancys performance last Friday was a microcosm for the way our hapless officials go out to officiate in games.  That’s  what he is up against.

Edited by Deevers

Byyy The Light
43 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Agree completely with this.

Cruyff Turn
53 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Can only think the heat is getting to some. 

It's quite common for some on here to slag all things Hearts and talk up the likes of rangers, Motherwell and Killie, however talking up "cumdog", while classing our players as poor and ripping them is a new low. 

Even if you do think Cummings would be a decent signing, why Hearts fans can't get that across without slagging of our current players is beyond me. 

Clarke is good, CL is shite

Cummings would be decent, Uche is shite. 

Shite. 

You know, if Uche played for an opposition side, folk would be absolutely creaming themselves for us to sign him. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You know, if Uche played for an opposition side, folk would be absolutely creaming themselves for us to sign him. 

Yip. 

I'm not against Cummings signing either. 

I am also aware that Uche's decision making and intelligence has to improve, think most would agree. 

But Uche is clearly an effective player at our level. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot