***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

davemclaren
Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

I Like clare mate, i think you see something raw from him when he plays and hopefully in the middle he'l give us some craft and guile! he's scored some brilliant technical goals too at Rugby park and V Livvie in cup so heres hoping! 

I agree there us something there. He just needs to step to the plate up this season. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet Levein gets the credit for Berra and Lafferty and Smith signing instead of Cathro? 

It's called heads they win, tails you lose. No matter how bad Levein performs as a manager, there will be plenty wallopers on here defending him.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

It's called heads they win, tails you lose. No matter how bad Levein performs as a manager, there will be plenty wallopers on here defending him.

likewise though no matter how well he does people will slate him it works two ways, we have some of the most idiotic fans around shame they all post on here :( it ruins me going to games listening to the sh*** some of our support spout, yet fans fav players can do no wrong.

Edited by Jambosteve1902
grammar error

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet Levein gets the credit for Berra and Lafferty and Smith signing instead of Cathro? 

Levein did the deal with Berra before Cathro was in place. Lafferty was a McPhee signing as was Smith. How many times do people need to hear these things before they believe them. 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

And almost as many wallopers slating him except when they go quiet like the first 10 games of last season. 

PresleyJenks
Just now, soonbe110 said:

And almost as many wallopers slating him except when they go quiet like the first 10 games of last season. 

Exactly

KyleLafferty

Sean Clare is never a right winger so I’m happy he’s going central, a ball carrier and good techinque, he knows he needs to stick a foot in and get physical as well.

As for the young lads Irving and Harry. I’m more than happy to play them in the league cup groups, let’s see how much they can do. Only young but both have the ability to dictate a games pace, and spread the ball about.

Zannatta and McDonald both deserve a chance. With walker not being fit I hope one of them start on Friday.

Ideally we get a good centre mid in I reckon we are good to go. We need to give these young players a chance to show. Didn’t do David Turnbull at Motherwell any harm.

Byyy The Light

Mind last season when everyone was kicking off about too many signings and quantity over quantity...

Same folk kicking off we’ve no signed enough players this year!

ScottieMac17
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Mind last season when everyone was kicking off about too many signings and quantity over quantity...

I think peoples issues are that we still don't have the right quality in the squad...

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I get that but anyone could see what was in the post with Djoum and Lee. Now Haring is as good as done for a while and we seem a bit light in midfield. Did CL not say he wanted to bring in a “wide player” as well?

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sean Clare is never a right winger so I’m happy he’s going central, a ball carrier and good techinque, he knows he needs to stick a foot in and get physical as well.

As for the young lads Irving and Harry. I’m more than happy to play them in the league cup groups, let’s see how much they can do. Only young but both have the ability to dictate a games pace, and spread the ball about.

Zannatta and McDonald both deserve a chance. With walker not being fit I hope one of them start on Friday.

Ideally we get a good centre mid in I reckon we are good to go. We need to give these young players a chance to show. Didn’t do David Turnbull at Motherwell any harm.

Totally agree 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Never really replaced Lafferty, so you could say Washington is finally a competent signing. 

You could say, White for Mitchell, Halkett for Dunne/Shaughnessy, Naismith when he finally signs is deemed already a squad member. 

Walker looks like only additonal player in respect of attacking options. 

We’ve offloaded players for various reasons. There must be scope to add depth in numbers and quality?

Don’t forget Djoum and Lee are offski. 

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Levein did the deal with Berra before Cathro was in place. Lafferty was a McPhee signing as was Smith. How many times do people need to hear these things before they believe them. 

That’s all complete speculation.  As many have said before, the head coach got the final say on all signings, right?  You can’t say the shite ones are Cathros and the others not.  Especially when also saying the head coach decides who signs and it wasn’t Levein. 

Inch Hearts
19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yep.

Good thing = Levein 

piss thing = how can you possibly blame Levein it every other things fault apart from the guy. 

rick witter
2 hours ago, Barack said:

I agree. I'm responding to Rick stamping his feet & holding his breath, about why we've no midfielders in place for Friday.

Life's not that simple. If we are looking at Mulumbu or not. The guy has a life outside Hearts, & I'd imagine he'll take his time to decide his future. As is his right. 

Do you think we are after Mulumbu? Honestly? 

I dont. I think Levein would rather see us go with Cochrane and Irving instead of a tried and tested player at this level as that’s just what he does. Or he will do something crazy and play Micheal Smith midfield. 

Mulumbu is a free agent and would be a great fit for us but we won’t go for him. The manager is way too stubborn to do so. 

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Aye, and then collapse like a 2nd division side having a bad 6 months, without a clue how to halt the slide.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who’s the guy that’s chosen to sign for Hamilton? Is he a ball winning midfielder? 

Winger/ Striker

I don't believe we were ever interested in him

tokyowalnut
13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I dont. I think Levein would rather see us go with Cochrane and Irving instead of a tried and tested player at this level as that’s just what he does. Or he will do something crazy and play Micheal Smith midfield. 

Mulumbu is a free agent and would be a great fit for us but we won’t go for him. The manager is way too stubborn to do so. 

What makes him stubborn by not going for the player? You need to break, being so negative all the time cant be good for you. 

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree there us something there. He just needs to step to the plate up this season. 

I agree he has something about him but don’t think he has the heart for a battle when things going against us. Hope he proves me wrong this season. 

17 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Possibly his wages are way above what we pay?

34 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I get that but anyone could see what was in the post with Djoum and Lee. Now Haring is as good as done for a while and we seem a bit light in midfield. Did CL not say he wanted to bring in a “wide player” as well?

53 days until window closes. Not everyone you may want available at this time. 

32 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

That’s all complete speculation.  As many have said before, the head coach got the final say on all signings, right?  You can’t say the shite ones are Cathros and the others not.  Especially when also saying the head coach decides who signs and it wasn’t Levein. 

No. I know from the horses mouth re the Berra deal. Handshake Xmas before he signed on. 

Levein, Cathro and McPhee all on record saying Smith and Lafferty were brought in on McPhee’s recommendation. 

I have never said what you are suggesting re Cathro signings or your head coach comments. 

26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If you think Mulumbu is a ‘free agent’ then think again. Signing on fee and agents fee will be just as much as a transfer fee. 

26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who’s the guy that’s chosen to sign for Hamilton? Is he a ball winning midfielder? 

He's Nigerian 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The highlighted bit may or may not be relevant but affordability will be a factor.  My own opinion/guess is that CL will go for a 6 month loan deal to cover Haring's short term absence or a full season loan if he's going to be out for a good stretch.

Al, I wish you would stop referring to criticism as hatred. I don't hate CL but I don't think he is the best person to run our footballing side.

Sorry, Davy.  That's how it appears to me.. Too unrelenting to believe otherwise

Appearances can be deceptive and I can assure you I have no hatred for  CL or anyone else for that matter. As I said I don't think he is the best to be leadfing us but I don't hate the man. You are the one who keeps using the word not me.

CL has had plenty time to review the areas of his team and where we need replacements and who was is likely to leave. His comments in the press are totally contradictory regarding whether he is going to make signings or not. One minute he is the next he is going to give the youngsters a chance.

I think you've maybe answered your own question below.  I understand that an offer was on the table for Djoum and we didn't ave confirmation until this week that it was being rejected.  I think the offer should have been withdrawn much sooner (maybe it was).

This is the same guy who just last year signed Olly Lee who seems to be surplus to requirement and he also must have suspected that Djoum would possibly be leaving as well . A good Coach will have contingency plans for all eventualities including injuries (you would think more so after last season) but it would appear he is still undecided even at this late stage.

Ok it could just be deflective tactics to avoid saying who he is perhaps trying to sign but it certainly doesn't help with the mixed messages.

We have our first competetive game of the season on Friday and it seems unclear what our preferred central midfield is going to be.

It will also be unclear to DUFC as well then,  or should we just give them a team sheet now?  Why do you feel the need to know?

What utter nonsense. Most teams in their pre season warm up games are giving their probable starting line-up games to get settled especially if they are not used to playing in the first team together. The fringe games against smaller teams can be used to give players who need it most game time. I think Robbie Neilson will know Craig Levein well enough to have  reasonable guess as to what his starting line-up will be

I used Mulumbu as an example of the type of player I think we should be looking to sign due to the fact he knows the league and has shown he is a decent player with loads of experience which he could pass on to the young players.

What information do you have that leads you to believe he hasn't been trying to sign other players of that calibre, or better?  Maybe he does not see Mulumbu fitting into his plans.

I don't other than what I have read in the press which as I said is totally contradicting. One sentence suggests he will be looking for a player and the next he says he will go with youth. 

He was at Killie previously so I would have thought that we could afford to get him if they could unless of course he is trying to demand too muchbut it was an example of the type we should be looking at rather than the experimental signings that are more of a gamble.

Edited by wavydavy

Byyy The Light
40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Never really replaced Lafferty, so you could say Washington is finally a competent signing. 

You could say, White for Mitchell, Halkett for Dunne/Shaughnessy, Naismith when he finally signs is deemed already a squad member. 

Walker looks like only additonal player in respect of attacking options. 

We’ve offloaded players for various reasons. There must be scope to add depth in numbers and quality?

Don’t forget Djoum and Lee are offski. 

I’m not denying we could do with a couple of signings. I was just observing that last season the club got signings done early and everyone was going nuts stating they’d rather we signed fewer players. Took their time and got quality.

A year later everyone is getting pissed off as they’re not getting daily text notifications from the club about where we’re at with the all the quality signings.  I don’t actually think there is much in the way of quality available but hey ho.

Amuses me more than anything else.

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No. I know from the horses mouth re the Berra deal. Handshake Xmas before he signed on. 

Levein, Cathro and McPhee all on record saying Smith and Lafferty were brought in on McPhee’s recommendation. 

I have never said what you are suggesting re Cathro signings or your head coach comments. 

So Levein as director of football did sign players for the club and not just the head coach then?  So when he’s punted and it’s another HC in charge there can be no debate at all that Levein and the other management sign players and not just the HC which does confirm interference in who the HC signs and also selects. 

Like Buaben and Gomis I would imagine also, signed by the dof with probable assurances they would play. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

I’m not denying we could do with a couple of signings. I was just observing that last season the club got signings done early and everyone was going nuts stating they’d rather we signed fewer players. Took their time and got quality.

A year later everyone is getting pissed off as they’re not getting daily text notifications from the club about where we’re at with the all the quality signings.  I don’t actually think there is much in the way of quality available but hey ho.

Amuses me more than anything else.

I think it is a bit different this year as Lee is out of favour and told he can leave, Haring is stuggling with an injury and we have lost Djoum.

There is also no sign of Niasmith yet for all the stated reasons regarding his pay-out if he were to sign early but the last statement I read from CL was saying that he was back in Edinburgh getting treatment. So presumably that means he is still recovering from his injury and even if he does sign how far away from full match fitness is he?

We have Edwards, Clare, and Bozanic as the most experienced available midfielders which is hardly all that inspiring and we can add to that the three young prospects in Cochrane, Irving and Smith.

I think we could really do with a very good central mid to work alongside the choices we already have. 

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So Levein as director of football did sign players for the club and not just the head coach then?  So when he’s punted and it’s another HC in charge there can be no debate at all that Levein and the other management sign players and not just the HC which does confirm interference in who the HC signs and also selects. 

Like Buaben and Gomis I would imagine also, signed by the dof with probable assurances they would play. 

You’ve just chucked in that last sentence for effect.

It does you no favours tbh.

Byyy The Light
51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree, but where is the evidence that they're not trying to sign someone or a couple of players?  I stopped taking snippets of what any player/manager/owner etc say in the press as the gospel truth a long time ago.

The sense of entitlement from fans to know what's going on at every turn is getting a bit of a joke.  Not a dig at you, just a general observation and actually a wider reflection of society in general.

Prep for Friday........

Out:

Gone: Martin, Sammon, Hughes, Mitchell, Shaugnessy, Godhino, Djoum, Injured: Lee, Haring, Morrison, Garruchio Unavailable: Naismith, Maclean

In:

Walker, Washington, Halkett

Some things out of our control but its not really good planning, could do with a face or two in

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

I never said he did, personally I think we can't lay all of the blame for the flops at Levein when he wasn't the manager any more than we can claim the successes. 

What I will say is that his record on signings since becoming the manager appears to be better than most of the previous transfer windows. 

Additionally I think we can put Lafferty, Smith, Hughes, Washington, etc down to Austin MacPhee and neither Levein or Cathro 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You’ve just chucked in that last sentence for effect.

It does you no favours tbh.

You think Levein signed Berra, AM brought in Laff and Smith but Neilson brought in two players who played amazing under Levein before? Can’t have it all ways. 

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think it is a bit different this year as Lee is out of favour and told he can leave, Haring is stuggling with an injury and we have lost Djoum.

There is also no sign of Niasmith yet for all the stated reasons regarding his pay-out if he were to sign early but the last statement I read from CL was saying that he was back in Edinburgh getting treatment. So presumably that means he is still recovering from his injury and even if he does sign how far away from full match fitness is he?

We have Edwards, Clare, and Bozanic as the most experienced available midfielders which is hardly all that inspiring and we can add to that the three young prospects in Cochrane, Irving and Smith.

I think we could really do with a very good central mid to work alongside the choices we already have. 

See my most recent post a couple of mins ago.

Seems folk are getting their knickers in a twist because there have been no announcements made by the club about who is on our short list or who we are trying to sign.  Since when has that been a thing?! 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Bozi said:

I never said he did, personally I think we can't lay all of the blame for the flops at Levein when he wasn't the manager any more than we can claim the successes. 

What I will say is that his record on signings since becoming the manager appears to be better than most of the previous transfer windows. 

Additionally I think we can put Lafferty, Smith, Hughes, Washington, etc down to Austin MacPhee and neither Levein or Cathro 

I think the assistant plays a huge part in them signing but I would like to think the HC gets final say, which now doesn’t appear to be the case. 

Inch Hearts

Seems folk are getting their knickers in a twist because there have been no announcements made by the club about who is on our short list or who we are trying to sign.  Since when has that been a thing?! 

The manager said 3 players he was looking for, they have all came in plus Naismith who will be back fit and match sharp in September probably now the clubs been scouting players all along?  A very important match is on Friday night and the midfield is going to get totally over ran.  

gorgieheart

Awfy lot of mouth foaming going on today.....

Is there a full moon or what ? 

lost in space
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Prep for Friday........

Out:

Gone: Martin, Sammon, Hughes, Mitchell, Shaugnessy, Godhino, Djoum, Injured: Lee, Haring, Morrison, Garruchio Unavailable: Naismith, Maclean

In:

Some things out of our control but its not really good planning, could do with a face or two in

How could you forget "Van the Man"??

Of those leaving probably Vanacek\Shaughnessy\Djoum\Lee could be called "first team" (I know others had some games).

Injured\unavailable - this will happen all season.

IN - good that some of the young guys will get more chances but we NEED (in my opinion) 3 more players - an experienced positive midfield player\ a wide player\ and another forward (as a novelty - one who might score goals).  Maybe 2 of the 3 could be "loans".

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, ericb said:

Prep for Friday........

Out:

In:

It’s funny but I see that totally differently.  A lot of dead wood out and some genuine quality added.  That for me is a very good transfer window so far.  

Robbo'sBoots
6 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Awfy lot of mouth foaming going on today.....

Is there a full moon or what ? 

Nah,it's just Inch Hearts opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble as usual.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

The manager said 3 players he was looking for, they have all came in plus Naismith who will be back fit and match sharp in September probably now the clubs been scouting players all along?  A very important match is on Friday night and the midfield is going to get totally over ran.  

It's actually embarrassing. 

Our midfield has been woeful in recent seasons . Yes we have quality in Haring and now Walker but it's tailor made for the usual culprits to point to bad luck when the inevitable injuries happen . 

Haring , Walker and Naisy are gong to be injury it throughout the season guaranteed. 

We can't keep trying to ride our luck re injuries. I don't think it's a sense of entitlement for Hearts fans to expect just a little bit of cash investment in the midfield area . 

Then again circa 200 k on Wighton wasn't exactly inspired tbf . 

11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think when we are about to kick off the season and there is no central midfielder signed then it is understandable that people are getting their "knickers in a twist".

The sooner a player is brought in to meet his team mates and get game time the more likley he is to settle in and help the team.

This is a key area and it is one where we could do with someone who is fully fit and ready to play from the minute he is signed.

It's not as if CL didn't know we could well need a player in for this area unless of course he decides to bypass midfield in favout of the hump up the park strategy.

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think when we are about to kick off the season and there is no central midfielder signed then it is understandable that people are getting their "knickers in a twist".

The sooner a player is brought in to meet his team mates and get game time the more likley he is to settle in and help the team.

This is a key area and it is one where we could do with someone who is fully fit and ready to play from the minute he is signed.

It's not as if CL didn't know we could well need a player in for this area unless of course he decides to bypass midfield in favout of the hump up the park strategy.

Aye cos quality midfielders in our bracket are ten a penny.  It's batshit mental how easy folk think it is, properly mental.  I'm not a Levein lover by any stretch of the imagination but some fans are seriously deluded about where we are as a club.

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Aye cos quality midfielders in our bracket are ten a penny.  It's batshit mental how easy folk think it is, properly mental.  I'm not a Levein lover by any stretch of the imagination but some fans are seriously deluded about where we are as a club.

This 

+

It's Bozanic and Edwards against a Championship team in the group stages of the League Cup in early July.  It might just about be OK. 

The way some people are carrying on, you'd think we'd committed to starting the under 8's goalie and a training cone against Hibs in the World Cup Final.