***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Halkett will be playing in there. It's just a no-brainer for now.

Suppose if you're going to replace a centre back who plays in midfield, another centre back is one place to look. Maybe more likely to be Edwards and Bozanic, especially if we play a 3-5-2.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'd be more concerned about our lack of a quality passing midfielder than sitting one.  Bozanic  can play that role.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Halkett will be playing in there. It's just a no-brainer for now.

Halkett or Souter would be equally comfortable in that position I think.

CloustonHMFC

Souttar or Halkett could cover there on Friday but someone else will come in, maybe even two if Lee is away. 

JamboCampbell

Our midfield as it stands is tragic, real worry! 

Lets be honest we need two in the door and one of real quality.

They need a big signing to galvanise things. 

I trust them to know this..

Alex Kintner

Bozanic looked good tonight in a more advanced role first half. Linked well with the forwards. Would be happy with a midfield of Bozanic, Edwards and Clare on Friday

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

This is United's midfield options. I hope people forgive me, if I put more faith in any of our current midfield combinations, over a team that included Pawlett & Stanton in it.

Screenshot_20190708-230632_Chrome.jpg

On the flip side McMullan is a terrific player would love to see him at us. Harkes is also a very good player.  Pawlett has good running power but not got the composure on the ball. Utd striking options are very good though and we need to be totally at it on Friday.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

On the flip side McMullan is a terrific player would love to see him at us. Harkes is also a very good player.  Pawlett has good running power but not got the composure on the ball. Utd striking options are very good though and we need to be totally at it on Friday.

Yet they lost 3-2 to Dumbarton ??‍♂️

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Yet they lost 3-2 to Dumbarton ??‍♂️

You cant read much in to pre season games though!?

GorgieFifeLife
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

And ours just make us want to run for the hills...?‍♂️

We'll **** Dundee United. ??

Hope so ?

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

This is United's midfield options. I hope people forgive me, if I put more faith in any of our current midfield combinations, over a team that included Pawlett & Stanton in it.

Screenshot_20190708-230632_Chrome.jpg

Butcher and Pawlett both out injured

rudi must stay

So it appears that the Hearts target from Everton Korede Adedoyin was in Edinburgh today. Video from him on Instagram, looks like Tynecastle. Guess we'll see in the next few days

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

So it appears that the Hearts target from Everton Korede Adedoyin was in Edinburgh today. Video from him on Instagram, looks like Tynecastle. Guess we'll see in the next few days

Interesting. I’ve read an article about his potential signing but next to nothing on here. (Unless I’ve missed it)

19/05/2012
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Heard he is signing for Hamilton on loan 

penicuik jambo

Not fussed if we sign this Everton winger, would rather see McDonald and Zanatta given minutes this season. Both looked good last night, get one if not two centre mids in. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, penicuik jambo said:

Not fussed if we sign this Everton winger, would rather see McDonald and Zanatta given minutes this season. Both looked good last night, get one if not two centre mids in. 

:spoton:

johnking123

Time for Zanatta to get more game time. Looks ready physically and can also play as a striker. Could be useful this season.

New Douglas Park in that photo. You can actually feel the malevolent evil of Lanarkshire creeping from your screen. *shudder*

gorgieheart

why would we take an 18 year old winger on loan anyway ?   he wouldnt be starting, benched at best... we need 2 more mids in, one defensive and one attacking/winger...experienced, not 18.

With Haring quite rightly being rapped in cotton wool, surely CL will already have somebody in mind/be in talks with for that role, plus with Djoum away its much needed.

Yes, give youth a chance, but our own, no point loaning from others just to set ours back !

Alex Kintner
50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

New Douglas Park in that photo. You can actually feel the malevolent evil of Lanarkshire creeping from your screen. *shudder*

???

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

???

Horrible place. Should be napalmed, and the scorched earth salted.

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We'd never hear from 'A'body's favourite' JKB contributor !!!!

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

We'd never hear from 'A'body's favourite' JKB contributor !!!!

I can’t reply to this, I will get thread banned. 😔

Mr Elwood P
13 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I'd be more concerned about our lack of a quality passing midfielder than sitting one.  Bozanic  can play that role.

Sean Clare?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've said before that Clare has been earmarked by Levein as our midfield playmaker. 

We will see come Friday. But we need more.

Been about four Evening News articles talking about Clare being the box to box midfielder, yet folk are frothing about it all over the place. Get Mulumbu in if Haring is injured and have Clare / Mulumbu as the central two in a 3-5-2, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. Haring to come back and opportunities for the likes of Cochrane & Irving.  

Famous 1874

Lee, Bozanic and Edwards are not good enough 

Lee whilst had a very productive season output wise he is far too slow and powerpuff

Bozanic - neat and tidy, far too sideways and set piece delivery is usually poor

Edwards - great engine and pressing, bar that what has he got?

Crying out for a box to box midfielder who can drag us up the park (have been for years now)

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Lee whilst had a very productive season output wise he is far too slow and powerpuff

Bozanic - neat and tidy, far too sideways and set piece delivery is usually poor

Crying out for a box to box midfielder who can drag us up the park (have been for years now)

Sean Clare?

Famous 1874
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sean Clare?

Talented and has the attributes. Would be keen to see how he gets on. 

No doubt has ability but he went missing for far too long last season. 

Turns up for 10/15 minute spells but needs to be more consistent and involved throughout the whole match.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Talented and has the attributes. Would be keen to see how he gets on. 

No doubt has ability but he went missing for far too long last season. 

Turns up for 10/15 minute spells but needs to be more consistent and involved throughout the whole match.

He's had pre season this summer and fully fit 

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He's had pre season this summer and fully fit 

Yeah. Hoping he can kick on because the talent is there.

Hope to see Clare prove a lot of people wrong. He’s a good player, anyone can see that. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I think Levein's comments suggest that's where Clare will play (box to box) perhaps thats why he was at left back, to improve his game defensively. 

Lee's off. I heard he was a defensive mid in England, you can tell as he can never spot that match winning pass IMO. We are missing that in the squad too although those are not easy to find

Bozanic can be hit or miss. He has good football intelligence  IMO and I wouldn't be releasing him. Also last year of his contact, bit of incentive there.

Edwards, always liked the way he played. Tremendous work rate, very intelligent attacking wise. Was delighted when he signed and I still am now. But perhaps, like many in the past, our club is too big for him. He brings his best game he's a great guy to have around 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sean Clare?

Yeah I just don't think he has shown enough to suggest he can be trusted to deliver.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Anyone heard that James Morrison might be signing? 

On here days ago. Morrison + Mulumbu would cut the

moaners gas to a peep! 

Dallas Green

Morrison must be on around 30k a week and would still be able to get a decent wedge down south for his last couple of years. Doubt it would happen.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

moaners gas to a peep! 

ah cool never seen it, one of my customers mentioned it to me, probably seen it on here lol yeah both would definitely be cracking additions to our team 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

moaners gas to a peep! 

now that would make me think were serious best of the rest contendors (outwith OF) for this season

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, sam? said:

now that would make me think were serious best of the rest contendors (outwith OF) for this season

It seems to just be depressing news that comes from Tynecastle so I very much doubt it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

It seems to just be depressing news that comes from Tynecastle so I very much doubt it.

Hows that ? New contracts for souttar , Berra, Smith,  haring , ikpeazu aswell as couple youngsters ! Signing halkett, Walker,  Washington with Naismith to come all negative news right enough 

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hows that ? New contracts for souttar , Berra, Smith,  haring , ikpeazu aswell as couple youngsters ! Signing halkett, Walker,  Washington with Naismith to come all negative news right enough 

Our current midfield at the moment and the options available don’t fill me with confidence. We were rank rotten in that area for most of last season and were probably weaker at the moment....do you get my point 

Edited by GorgieRules22

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Morrison must be on around 30k a week and would still be able to get a decent wedge down south for his last couple of years. Doubt it would happen.

Naismith, Lafferty and Berra were all on big money down south as well. If a player is sensible they can have made their money and want to come home to be near family and friends and get regular game time.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Our current midfield at the moment and the options available don’t fill me with confidence. We were rank rotten in that area for most of last season and were probably weaker at the moment....do you get my point 

Time will tell if we weaker in midfield but there's far more positivity than negativity coming out of hearts 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That bloody pitch would survive though, not sure the locals would look much different either 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Time will tell if we weaker in midfield but there's far more positivity than negativity coming out of hearts 

We are weaker in midfield, when we were good last season we had a midfield three of Haring,Djoum and Lee......none of those options available now so clearly we’re weaker.

johnthomas
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith, Lafferty and Berra were all on big money down south as well. If a player is sensible they can have made their money and want to come home to be near family and friends and get regular game time.

Coming home ? Thought he was from Darlington ?

Dallas Green
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He is from England though so I don't think he has that link the other players did.

If he's earned all his big bucks and would like to join us I would not turn him down, that's for sure.