***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

FFS you you sound like Levein! 

Fitting square pegs into round holes because we don’t have the squad you should have by the time the season starts. 

Halkett is just in the door and you want to move him out his favoured position!!! 

We are certainly nowhere near good enough to be taking any team lightly regardless of what division they are in and I want to see the strongest possible team played in every game not trying out players in different positions or seeing if the young boys are up for it. This is one of only 2 chances of a trophy so we need to make sure we get through this group. 

We’re not Awash with money so sometimes players will need to cover other positions for the good of the team due to injuries and suspensions. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hibs and Aberdeen in for a player who looks like he would be ideal for what is missing in the middle of the pitch. 

How many times have you seen him play? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

We’re not Awash with money so sometimes players will need to cover other positions for the good of the team due to injuries and suspensions. 

I think Ann has quite rightly put her foot down and said get shot of players who either not good enough or not been played 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Looks like the Funso boy is going over the road. Would have been a good Djoum replacement. 

How many times have you watched him? 

Soapy Soutar
25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Fitting square pegs into round holes because we don’t have the squad you should have by the time the season starts. 

Halkett is just in the door and you want to move him out his favoured position!!! 

We are certainly nowhere near good enough to be taking any team lightly regardless of what division they are in and I want to see the strongest possible team played in every game not trying out players in different positions or seeing if the young boys are up for it. This is one of only 2 chances of a trophy so we need to make sure we get through this group. 

The only way we gonna know what level these young boys are at is by playing them in competitive football and putting a bit of pressure on them..

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think Ann has quite rightly put her foot down and said get shot of players who either not good enough or not been played 

Which is fair enough but I don’t think she has much to do with the footballing side of things. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Which is fair enough but I don’t think she has much to do with the footballing side of things. 

I'm not in the know! Just think that's what looks like and can't blame her if so because we've had so many on wage bill contributing zero 

Cruyff Turn
15 minutes ago, ericb said:

Gat Adao back on a season loan, he has one year left of Sion contract.

Adao’s gash. 

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

He's actually quite decent. 

Scunthorpe would like to hold onto him but there is a dispute over a release clause in his contract that the player is trying to activate. 

Signed him on a free two years ago. Played most weeks, selling him on for £125k. Good business for Scunny

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm not in the know! Just think that's what looks like and can't blame her if so because we've had so many on wage bill contributing zero 

A lot of other clubs also have players on the payroll that contribute nothing. Not all transfers work out.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Adao’s gash. 

He started off well looked good then got a knock on the head and then looked like he forgot How to pass or tackle 😂

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

A lot of other clubs also have players on the payroll that contribute nothing. Not all transfers work out.

Yeah off course they do but let's be brutally honest we've had more than others this last couple of years 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah off course they do but let's be brutally honest we've had more than others this last couple of years 

No more than Rangers, Celtic or Hibs

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, stevie1874 said:

No more than Rangers, Celtic or Hibs

You're having a laugh ! We've waisted a huge amount of money on absolute dross since the day cathro walked in the door to the present day 

Interesting how much excitement/comment re Ojo - a player most of us had never heard until an hour or so ago. Be surprised if many, any, on here have seen him in the flesh. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

So, what would be the strongest team for Friday?

Dalstonjambo
17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You're having a laugh ! We've waisted a huge amount of money on absolute dross since the day cathro walked in the door to the present day 

According to transfermarkt Rangers spent £5.5m on transfer fees for 

Barisic
Grezda
Jamie Murphy
Kyle Lafferty

in one window. Thats before we speculate on wages. 

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hibs and Aberdeen in for a player who looks like he would be ideal for what is missing in the middle of the pitch. 

People are wondering what sort of player he is.

I take it you have seen him play and can give us a wee run-down of his strengths/weaknesses adding what are the qualities that make him ideal.

Edited by JamboAl

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

According to transfermarkt Rangers spent £5.5m on transfer fees for 

Barisic
Grezda
Jamie Murphy
Kyle Lafferty

in one window. Thats before we speculate on wages. 

Yeah in terms of there turnover that's not as much as it seems ! 

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Looks like the Funso boy is going over the road. Would have been a good Djoum replacement. 

The lad is at Scunthorpe. I saw them get pumped at home earlier this year and he was one I never noticed. Not sure how this lad realistically helps us. Lower league player.

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So have the clubs I’ve mentioned, This subject has been flogged to death I was just trying to point out that not all transfers work out and some folk are screaming to get another midfielder in ASAP. I hope we do sign another midfielder but hopefully the club get the right guy. 👍

Need another Haring somehow, hopefully the kids can help get us out of this group without Haring and Djoum. Clare needs to be a main central player without them. 

rick witter
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So, what would be the strongest team for Friday?

I honestly have no idea but it certainly would not be with Souttar , Smith or Halkett playing central midfield like the guy suggested. 

I’m not suggesting we can’t play young players as I for one would like to see Cochrane and McDonald playing and Mulraney also so we play with 2 wingers. 

I just don’t want us experimenting with players in competitive games. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I honestly have no idea but it certainly would not be with Souttar , Smith or Halkett playing central midfield like the guy suggested. 

I’m not suggesting we can’t play young players as I for one would like to see Cochrane and McDonald playing and Mulraney also so we play with 2 wingers. 

Haring was signed as a centre half but moved to defensive mid for the good of the team at the start of season and made the position his own 

29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What , for example , is Hibs turnover this window ?

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

That means you'll not be able to criticise then if things go wrong.

Dalstonjambo
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah in terms of there turnover that's not as much as it seems ! 

It's a hell of lot bigger percentage than ours. Especially once we include wages of them and the other 13 players they signed. 

This has been done to death

Edited by Dalstonjambo

rick witter
Just now, JamboAl said:

That means you'll not be able to criticise then if things go wrong.

To be honest I’m kind of expecting it to go wrong!! It seems to be the way the last six months and the manager can’t seem to turn it round. 

Hopefully I am wrong and will be the first to admit it if/when I am 👍🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Your head must have been spinning when Kevin McKenna played (very well) for us up front, and in the bundesliga by the way. Or when Hartley was switched from winger or Barr from CB or the countless other times players have slotted into different positions.

gorgieheart

Jesus wept, still a bitch-fest then !

Any word or whisper or ITK or Gorgie Fish Bar news or Dalmahoy spotting or Oriam showround hints.....anything  ?

Gies something other than folk f*ckin moanin !!!

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Any word or whisper or ITK or Gorgie Fish Bar news or Dalmahoy spotting or Oriam showround hints.....anything  ?

Aye, this, 100%.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

To be honest I’m kind of expecting it to go wrong!! It seems to be the way the last six months and the manager can’t seem to turn it round. 

Hopefully I am wrong and will be the first to admit it if/when I am 👍🏻

I'm not asking you to admit you're wrong.  I'm asking what you think our strongest team is for tomorrow.  That's not too much to ask from a person of your perspicacity.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Nope but folk going radge because Hibs and Aberdeen are fighting over a guy from Scunthorpe.:cornette::rolleyes5:

Soapy Soutar
22 minutes ago, rick witter said:

This is utter nonsense when do we experiment and give fringe/youth a chance??We have been guilty with so many players in the past in not giving them a chance and they stagnate and are realeased

If cochrane,irving mcdonald zanatta and keena are going to make it at hearts this is a huge season for them.

We should have enough about us to win tomorrow and im sure that will be the expectation of CL no mattet what team we put out.

As for 2 wingers your no gonna be seeing that anytime soon

Leveins Battalion

Personally I think we will bring in about 4 new players,we will no doubt see more leave also,still ages and ages left in this transfer window.The betfred group game will be a decent gauge to see where Zannata,Cochrane and Irving etc are.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

A good example being Naismith and Lafferty who were out of favour at Norwich before we picked them up

Soapy Soutar
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Personally I think we will bring in about 4 new players,we will no doubt see more leave also,still ages and ages left in this transfer window.The betfred group game will be a decent gauge to see where Zannata,Cochrane and Irving etc are.

I disagree i think we will bring in a cm then maybe a loan signing from down south

I dont see anyone else leaving obv apart from lee and maybe some youngsters out on loan

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think we’ll only see one player in unless we have a disaster of a start to our league campaign. 

Leveins Battalion
16 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I think we’ll only see one player in unless we have a disaster of a start to our league campaign. 

I reckon we'll see 2 centre midfielders,and possible a right midfielder and another striker.Somebody out the blue will turn up.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I reckon we'll see 2 centre midfielders,and possible a right midfielder and another striker.Somebody out the blue will turn up.

Hope you’re right 👍

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Interesting how much excitement/comment re Ojo - a player most of us had never heard until an hour or so ago. Be surprised if many, any, on here have seen him in the flesh. 

Seems to be par for the course on JKB these days...

Hearts linked to a player from English lower leagues or an unknown quantity = He’s shite, gamble, Levein GTF etc. etc.

Hibs or another SPFL team linked with a player of similar background/standard = decent signing, we should have been in for him, they’re building a decent squad, Levein GTF etc. etc.

🙄🙄🙄

Edited by combo74

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, combo74 said:

Seems to be par for the course on JKB these days...

Hearts linked to a player from English lower leagues or an unknown quantity = He’s shite, gamble, Levein GTF etc. etc.

Hibs or another SPFL team linked with a player of similar background/standard = decent signing, we should have been in for him, they’re building a decent squad, Levein GTF etc. etc.

🙄🙄🙄

Hearts have been very low key this summer,intentionally I would imagine,the same could not be said of our neighbor's across the city who have went media crazy.It will be interesting to see how they as a club cope with the raising of expectation levels.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hearts have been very low key this summer,intentionally I would imagine,the same could not be said of our neighbor's across the city who have went media crazy.It will be interesting to see how they as a club cope with the raising of expectation levels.

I wonder if that's due to the criticism from some ?

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

How many times have you seen him play? 

My cousins a Scunny fan and she has raved about him for two years.  

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

I don’t know where to start with this rant.

Why are some so desperate for us to sign another handful of players?

We need to give our fantastic young players game time but we probably do need one experienced CM as has already been said.

With Berra, Smith, Haring when fit, Naismith etc now seems the perfect time to compliment that experience with youth. 

Personally, even though it ended in defeat, seeing Hickey, Irving, Smith etc performing at Parkhead was extremely exciting.

People wishing us to sign another 4/5/6 haven’t thought about what that would do to development of said youngsters.

We have always been a club known for promoting youth. I firmly hope that continues in the upcoming season.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

People are wondering what sort of player he is.

I take it you have seen him play and can give us a wee run-down of his strengths/weaknesses adding what are the qualities that make him ideal.

Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball.  The fans down there love him.  I think he would be a good fit for Hearts, especially since losing Djoum and now Haring. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ojo is a decent player albeit in League Two, Forest and Derby were looking to sign him until he picked up an injury. Dunno about their other signings, Allan is defo a player but the rest look average and probably won't improve them.