***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ok, say hypothetically we're interested in Mulumbu, & we've been working away quietly on it behind the scenes. Like a professional club.

Let's say Mulumbu is interested, but for family reasons that he only makes known to Hearts(as it's **** all to do with anyone else) he's not willing to sign until next week, despite us playing on Friday.

Is that Hearts' fault? No. Is it his? No. It's how it goes in football. We all wish we can just click our fingers and a brand new ready to go team, is right there, for the first LC game. It's not reality though, so folk need to stop fapping themselves to sleep that it is.

tenor.gif?itemid=3567530

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

franko1874
10 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Klaxon on the way!!!

Aye? 

58 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

Ok, this is my first ever, and probably last ITK post on here. Was down at Dalmahoy today and saw someone that looked very like Mulumbu there. The guy had an african accent and he was with 4 kids (who had English accents, which would tally with his time spent down south) and there was also an older Scottish woman with him who I would guess would be Hearts PA/fixer. I know Hearts put up players or potential signings at the Dalmahoy as I saw Doyle there last year just after he'd signed. 

Might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 here but I checked on Google images straight after and it certainly looked like him. 

He follows Uche and dikamona on Instagram and they follow him... no clue if you can check when someone started following someone though.

He has four children according to his Instagram...

Edit- nope, I didn’t read the caption, nevermind 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Dayman

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Dikamona & him are international team-mates.

And Uche it appears follows virtually any African footballer playing in the U.K.

Wouldn't read anything into it myself.

Ah fair enough.

Our midfield isn't great, but I'm hoping, with the better quality we have up front and at the back, we'll out-score most teams in the league. 

Fingers crossed Mulumbu is someone we are actively trying to sign.

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I wouldn't know but I do know that CL has said we will sign someone if/when Djoum and Lee leave.  Confirmation of Djoum leaving was only announced yesterday and even on Amazon or E-bay (see above) you've got to add on delivery time.

I thought Mulumbu might be available but one of our illustrious posters told us he was going to France.  That was last week so you see these things don't just happen overnight.

My guess is that we will sign a player from England on a 6 months loan contract to allow plenty of time for Haring to recover and not create too much of a barrier for one of our youths to blossom.

He actually contradicted himself about the highlighted part in the article I read. He said if they bothe left he might look at bringing in someone else but then proceeded to say that he might not because he had Cochrane and Irving who should be given a chance as well as Bozanic and Walker.

He has since of course said he may need to sign someone as cover for Haring who is making rather slow progress from his groin problem.

Hopefully whoever he signs is fit and ready to play because we need someone with experience to step in and play now.

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Or, even more crazy. What if, and bear with me. We are interested in Mulumbu, and he told prospective clubs he's not willing to make a decision until he's back from AFCON, and consults with his family as to what's best for them. And not what's best for Hearts or other teams?

Radical thought perhaps.

But but but does he not realise the league cup starts on Friday! 😡

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He actually contradicted himself about the highlighted part in the article I read. He said if they bothe left he might look at bringing in someone else but then proceeded to say that he might not because he had Cochrane and Irving who should be given a chance as well as Bozanic and Walker.

He has since of course said he may need to sign someone as cover for Haring who is making rather slow progress from his groin problem.

Hopefully whoever he signs is fit and ready to play because we need someone with experience to step in and play now.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Cruyff Turn
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dikamona & him are international team-mates.

And Uche it appears follows virtually any African footballer playing in the U.K.

Wouldn't read anything into it myself.

Correct me if I’m wrong President, but do Dikamona and Mulumbu not play for different Congo’s? 

Dikamona for the Republic of Congo

and Mulumbu for DR Congo, formerly known as Zaire. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Mulumbu would be a statement but would haring get back in. Can't see it myself sadly 

Mulumbu wouldn't be a replacement for Haring. He'd be a replacement for Djoum and add additional experience.

We'll play a midfield 3 of Haring, Clare and Mulumbu.

Bozanic, Edwards and Cochrane to step in when required.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct me if I’m wrong President, but do Dikamona and Mulumbu not play for different Congo’s? 

You are correct.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Which one is of Um Bongo fame?

jamboinglasgow

What's a Congo between mates?!

🤷‍♂️

agreed.

Though I still like Dr Congo as its the only country with a PHD.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Cruyff Turn

What's a Congo between mates?!

🤷‍♂️

😂 tbh I posted that then had to check it about 4 times myself.

Democratic Republic of Congo

&

the Republic of Congo? I take it that isn’t democratic? 🤔

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

😂 tbh I posted that then had to check it about 4 times myself.

Democratic Republic of Congo

&

the Republic of Congo? I take it that isn’t democratic? 🤔

North and South Korea are similar.

South Korea's proper name is Republic of Korea

North Korea's proper name is Democratic People's Republic of Korea (which is an autocratically ruled country with a one party system. Must be the world's first sarcastic country name.)

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

North and South Korea are similar.

South Korea's proper name is Republic of Korea

North Korea's proper name is Democratic People's Republic of Korea (which is an autocratically ruled country with a one party system. Must be the world's first sarcastic country name.)

Indeed. Anyone that has to pretend to be democratic isn’t imo. 😄👍🏼

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

So why on earth have we not signed another midfield player?? If we knew we were going to be weak there? 

Jesus Christ! You know that our knowledge of Hearts transfer dealings is very much like an iceberg? Only a tiny percentage is available for us to see, the rest is obscured. Loads will be happening behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

Naismith and Mulumbu would have been team mates for a season at Norwich I think. If there's any truth in this I wonder if that might help.

Mulumbu would be a great platform for Clare to play further forward through the middle. Really hope there’s some truth in this 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

So why on earth have we not signed another midfield player?? If we knew we were going to be weak there? 

Maybe, just maybe the club are negotiating with a midfield player? In addition to signing Jamie Walker we will also have Harry, Conor Smith and Irving pushing for starts too. 

i wish jj was my dad
40 minutes ago, sac said:

Ffs buy a midfielder.

Will anyone do? 

ScottieMac17

Mulumbu sounds too good to be true... I’ll only believe it when I see a maroon and white scarf above his napper 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Mulumbu sounds too good to be true... I’ll only believe it when I see a maroon and white scarf above his napper 

You mean the guy that played for killie? Too good to be true i dont think so he's not that good a player. 

2 hours ago, Benzinho said:

Ok, this is my first ever, and probably last ITK post on here. Was down at Dalmahoy today and saw someone that looked very like Mulumbu there. The guy had an african accent and he was with 4 kids (who had English accents, which would tally with his time spent down south) and there was also an older Scottish woman with him who I would guess would be Hearts PA/fixer. I know Hearts put up players or potential signings at the Dalmahoy as I saw Doyle there last year just after he'd signed. 

Might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 here but I checked on Google images straight after and it certainly looked like him. 

Really hope it is man, its a common sense signing. 

RE Morrison, I hate to sound like a prick, but he's not Scottish. He's played his entire career down south, will no doubt have the family home near Birmingham etc. etc. Unlike Naismith or Berra he's not returning 'home', so unless he wants to be managed again by Levein I can't see it. For the record though, I would love to sign him. Exactly the calibre to join Naismith & Berra. 

Ex EPL stars that buy into what Levein is trying to build here are obviously exactly who we should be going for. Hughes played a massive role in Souttars development, Naismith has no doubt played a big role in a lot of youngsters so far. If we can get more that can help kick on even more that would be amazing. 

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You mean the guy that played for killie? Too good to be true i dont think so he's not that good a player. 

He is an extremely good player for this level. Would be comfortably our best midfielder and would walk into all sides in the league bar the OF.

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, sac said:

Anyone better than Djoum or Lee would be an improvement 

Nah the club deliberately target playwrs who will weaken us.

Famous 1874
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nah the club deliberately target playwrs who will weaken us.

Feels like that based on the absolute shite we have signed over the last few years 

Jambof3tornado

Celtic cast off Mulumbu..that the one?

Too fekkin right I'd take him. Makes every midfield look better and would teach cochrane and co a thing or 3.

Why would we need to put Mulumbu up at Dalmahoy? He's played in Scotland for the last year or two so surely he has his own place up here?

heartsfc_fan
Just now, andrew said:

Why would we need to put Mulumbu up at Dalmahoy? He's played in Scotland for the last year or two so surely he has his own place up here?

Perhaps he was only renting and that lease is now up.

Maiden Gorgie
4 minutes ago, andrew said:

His place may be through the West though no?

Edit - would be a cracking signing BTW

Edited by Maiden Gorgie

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really hope it is man, its a common sense signing. 

RE Morrison, I hate to sound like a prick, but he's not Scottish. He's played his entire career down south, will no doubt have the family home near Birmingham etc. etc. Unlike Naismith or Berra he's not returning 'home', so unless he wants to be managed again by Levein I can't see it. For the record though, I would love to sign him. Exactly the calibre to join Naismith & Berra. 

Ex EPL stars that buy into what Levein is trying to build here are obviously exactly who we should be going for. Hughes played a massive role in Souttars development, Naismith has no doubt played a big role in a lot of youngsters so far. If we can get more that can help kick on even more that would be amazing. 

Morrison is going to Leeds 

***NEWSFLASH***

Connor Sammon has scored !!

A penalty.

Against Brechin City.  :scenes:

Hectormasson
57 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Correct, 

53 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He is an extremely good player for this level. Would be comfortably our best midfielder and would walk into all sides in the league bar the OF.

He'd walk into Rangers midfield too

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

He would be a great, logical,  required signing so that only means one thing.... we won't even have considered him.

52 minutes ago, andrew said:

Perhaps been in accommodation provided by celtic up to now? 

18 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

He would be a great, logical,  required signing so that only means one thing.... we won't even have considered him.

Let’s just wait and see. Great signing if it happens - but this place has a habit of frothing over stuff with little or no substance to it. 

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

He has four children according to his Instagram...

Edit- nope, I didn’t read the caption, nevermind 🤦‍♀️

mmm...godisgreat#, where have I seen that hashtag before???

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Naismith and Mulumbu would have been team mates for a season at Norwich I think. If there's any truth in this I wonder if that might help.

Naismith isn't a Hearts player  🙄

Has Levein not publicly said we haven't enquired about Mulumbu?

Would be just what the Dr ordered BTW