***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You appear to be trying to reignite old crap instead of talking about summer signings.

Is this deliberate?

Missed out Djoum as well

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

30 “Absolute Shite” signings 

Wighton

MacLean 
Doyle
Shaughnessy
Vanecek 
Smith-Brown 
Grezlak
Stockton
Callachan
Amankwaa
Rherras
Sammon
Muirhead
Watt
Nowak
Martin
Sowah
Struna
Choulay
Tziolis
Avalontis
Bikey
Noring
Reilly
Oshaniwa
Swanson
Dauda
Hollis
Hassnaoui
Anderson

Off the top of my head. 

10 “Questionable” signings. Guys that split opinion, do great but can also be awful. 

Mulraney 

bobby 

Edwards 

Uche (has hundreds of desire but flatters to deceive, only has 3 league goals) 

Bozanic 

Clare 

Garruccio 

Pallardo 

Cowie 

Randall

20 “Quality” signings: 

Alexander 

Gomis 

Prince 

Ecks 

Keatings 

Zeefuk 

Ozturk 

Rossi 

Juanma 

Isma 

Ado

Skinny 

Lafferty 

Sow 

Mitchell 

Dunne 

Haring 

Souttar 

Berra 

Smith 

1 “World Class” signing. 

Naismith 

*Walker, White and Washington can’t comment as not seen them yet. 

All off the top of my head but it looks like one for one. For everyone shanner we’ve signed, we’ve signed someone semi decent. I’ve probably missed hundreds of people but a gave it a bash haha. 

Some under your Absolute S list should be in Questionable.  

23 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Missed out Djoum as well

But he still seems to be reigniting old crap instead of summer signings.

Give him a chance to say if it's deliberate.

Edited by JamboAl

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You appear to be trying to reignite old crap instead of talking about summer signings.

Is this deliberate?

I was helping make the boys point that not all our signings are shite. Everyone seems to have missed that. 

38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thanks that was quite interesting. 

70 players is a lot even considering we started a fresh in a lower division. The churn of players probably doesn’t make financial sense and is to the detriment of the team in someways. The number is so high, in part, to getting so many signings wrong I suspect. 

I have to say I found some of the ratings a bit strange both ways. Someone like Claire or Zlammal get a 8/10, Amazes me and wonder what metrics using. Whilst someone like eckerelsy, who was with us one season and did a decent job and just got moved on because of promotion is rated a 4/10. I was say exkerelsy was a better signing that either bobby or Claire right now by virtue of eckerelsy came in and did job required. Claire and bobby the jury is still out to say the least. 

Anyway if CL success rate of signing is 50/50 good or bad. We need to look how we are recruiting, as 50/50 success rate is no where near good enough and will be a contributing factor to the last couple of years of underperformance. 

Our signing policy over the last few years seems very scattergun.

I think a large chunk of the signings also has to be attributed to signing players for different purposes, bringing in players capable of getting us out of the championship, then players capable of keeping us in the Premiership, then trying to build a squad capable of pushing for Europe. 

It's been the latter part where we've struggled, although it's arguable that was always going to be the most difficult. Having 3 different managers for that part hasn't helped either. I'm also not sure a 50/50 hit (or miss) rate is actually that bad. It's not brilliant, but it's not pitchfork levels either. And a large chunk were due to Cathro. 

Edited by Normthebarman

20 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not clearly weaker at all , Clare fully fit now after pre season behind him , bozanic and Edward's certainly cover more ground than djoum or Lee and time for Cochrane and Irving to step forward ! Another point is the midfield this season will have better options in front of them bcoz when we lost Naismith and ikpeazu last season the midfield had nobody to find 

And if we lose them again this season we will be less able to cope than we were last IMO.

We just couldn’t manage without Naismith. That issue hasn’t been addressed yet which, considering he hasn’t actually signed yet is pretty concerning 

51 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

The fact that, since signing for us, he has failed at Hearts, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and Motherwell and then ended up in the third tier of Scottish football suggests he was utter utter pish and that Neilson was brain damaged for trying to sign him, and that he would never be anything even approaching a ‘useful squad player’.

Read my whole post . 

Do you disagree with the first

paragraph ?

I said players 'like' Sammon i.e. limited ability but giving 100% , fitting into a system .

39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is this deliberate?

And you just come up with the same old crap excuses to defend what is the truth.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Wont matter

It Takes our signings 6 months to get match fit and upto speed 

Hilarious 

49 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I maybe worded that badly. 

Here's a list of 70 players that signed for us during the AB/CL regime. About 50-50 regarding the dud/non dud ratio in my opinion. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/transfer-news/craig-leveins-hearts-signings-rated-16505241

We are shopping in the football equivalent on B&M Stores.....

We’re picking up players, who we know are absolute genuine bargains....Berra, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Haring, Uche and Naismith to name just a few of the current squad.

We’re then sticking some items in the basket that we know won’t last long but can fill a gap until we are in a better position to fill them with either academy players or we have more cash.....guys like Hughes and McLean.

Then it’s onto guys like Lee, Bozanic, Mulraney and White.....punts that aren’t breaking the bank but might well work out.

Many of the 70 players listed  have been signed to fill gaps without blowing the budget. Others have been genuine failures.....these are at every club regardless if you’re paying £1k a week or £100k a week.

As time goes on the punts will become fewer......hopefully.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And you just come up with the same old crap excuses to defend what is the truth.

And this reply is certainly defensive of the Haters like your good self.

We should be talking about summer signings not revisiting the past like you and your cronies seem to want to do continuously.  Every bloody thread is turned to the same old guff over and over and over again. 

For God's sake give it a break and stop your dreary sh*te.  You should follow your own advice and try to be happy, optimistic and positive.  Go for it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I didn’t say he was. Bizarre response.

:)

Sorry,  just a bit of irony from earlier in the thread 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, ceefax said:

When do you think we’ll announce the signing of James Morrison? 

Sunday 

Month of

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Wont matter

It Takes our signings 6 months to get match fit and upto speed 

And 2 games to get a long term injury, don't forget. 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And this reply is certainly defensive of the Haters like your good self.

We should be talking about summer signings not revisiting the past like you and your cronies seem to want to do continuously.  Every bloody thread is turned to the same old guff over and over and over again. 

For God's sake give it a break and stop your dreary sh*te.  You should follow your own advice and try to be happy, optimistic and positive.  Go for it.

We all have our opinions and see different things. CL is a master Illunionist and takes people like yourself in with his utterings.

The league placings speak for themselves in the last two seasons and our cup final appearance was a struggle to get to even with the easiest of draws.

You suggest talking about summer signings but when it  suits your arguments then you and your friends hastily revert back to the old scenario of look where we were 5 years ago when anyone dare question CL activities in the transfer market and footballing tactics.

So it is ok for you to trot out this stuff but not me and those who hold a similar opinion.

As I have said to you countless times as Hearts fans we want our club to be the best it can be and I just happen to think that the man at the helm is not doing the best job with the resources he has.

I wait with baited breath for our next super signing I wonder if it will be a midfielder who can go straight into the team without needing 6 months to get match fit.?

Leveins Battalion
26 minutes ago, ceefax said:

When do you think we’ll announce the signing of James Morrison? 

After Josh Magennis and Bubbacar Trawally.

The fact that such a huge chunk of the recruitment in last few years has been so appallingly bad, shouldn't be overlooked and the people responsible for getting it wrong so often, are still in gainful employment at our club and will inevitabl still get it wrong again in future. Recruitment in any business isn't an exact science but in football, you can do a lot more diligence but our people aren't up to it based on the evidence. Totally unacceptable to get it wrong so often and to say even the likes of ozturk for example was a quality signing, is pushing things.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Bighenry said:

Any signing news ?

Plenty photographers at Oriam but no new faces as far as I could see.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

We all have our opinions and see different things. CL is a master Illunionist and takes people like yourself in with his utterings.

The league placings speak for themselves in the last two seasons and our cup final appearance was a struggle to get to even with the easiest of draws.

You suggest talking about summer signings but when it  suits your arguments then you and your friends hastily revert back to the old scenario of look where we were 5 years ago when anyone dare question CL activities in the transfer market and footballing tactics.

So it is ok for you to trot out this stuff but not me and those who hold a similar opinion.

As I have said to you countless times as Hearts fans we want our club to be the best it can be and I just happen to think that the man at the helm is not doing the best job with the resources he has.

I wait with baited breath for our next super signing I wonder if it will be a midfielder who can go straight into the team without needing 6 months to get match fit.?

All your biased opinion.

5 years ago is a fact and a build-up was necessary whether you like it or not.

You wait with baited breath as if all ttansfers arle like buying sweeties where you go into the confectioners, say whay you want, pay for it and out you come happy.

If we do get player(s) you'll be the first to criticise the club for not bringing on our young players.  Why?  Because you have a serious snese of entitlement and a continual state of unhappiness.  Think positive.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Photographers you say!!:levein_interesting:

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Team photo 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

All your biased opinion.

5 years ago is a fact and a build-up was necessary whether you like it or not.

You wait with baited breath as if all ttansfers arle like buying sweeties where you go into the confectioners, say whay you want, pay for it and out you come happy.

If we do get player(s) you'll be the first to criticise the club for not bringing on our young players.  Why?  Because you have a serious snese of entitlement and a continual state of unhappiness.  Think positive.

Maybe you should direct your suggestions to CL instead of me as he is the one who is negative in his approach to setting up a team and tactics.

If you read my posts about young players you will see that I am happy for them to be given a chance but one off games are not going to help them improve as is often what happens to them.

Central midfield is probably the most challenging area for any footballers let alone young inexperienced ones so as I said in a post only yesterday it would make sense to have an experienced head such as Mulumbu in there to help either Cochrane and Irving.

It is too much to expect both to play at the same time.

You have lost me on your bit about "serious sense of entitlement".

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Team photo 

Your normally a man that knows his stuff, tell us there’s someone signing soon.

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Team photo 

Team photo is usually taken at Tynecastle.

10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your normally a man that knows his stuff, tell us there’s someone signing soon.

Haven’t heard a peep tbh

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

I was only guessing but you’re correct on that.

Thought Police

Is it not just pre-match media? Walker was getting his picture taken earlier and Levein’s presser was earlier.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe you should direct your suggestions to CL instead of me as he is the one who is negative in his approach to setting up a team and tactics.

If you read my posts about young players you will see that I am happy for them to be given a chance but one off games are not going to help them improve as is often what happens to them.

Central midfield is probably the most challenging area for any footballers let alone young inexperienced ones so as I said in a post only yesterday it would make sense to have an experienced head such as Mulumbu in there to help either Cochrane and Irving.

It is too much to expect both to play at the same time.

You have lost me on your bit about "serious sense of entitlement".

Taking your last sentence first, your previous post sarcastically waited with baited breath as though you're entitled to incoming transfers at the drop of a hat.  Things don't happen that way. 

I shall not direct my positivity comment to CL because I am not aware he has commented on here about Summer transfers nor do his tactics at this stage have any relevance.  Once more your hatred of the man shines through.

CM is a challenging area and I am fairly certain it will be addreessed as and when opportunities arise, within the confines of our resources.  I don't want to go down the old route of asking you what our resources are, who should we sign and how much would  they cost but taking Mulumbu as a start we don't know (on here) what wages he wants and whether he even plans to stay in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

As are scarf above the head pics !

25 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Is it not just pre-match media? Walker was getting his picture taken earlier and Levein’s presser was earlier.

To be fair we are fantastic at non stories at Hearts the press lap it up too, we talk a fantastic game at this club 

We must do better, its no good enough blah blah blah,  seems every week one player or another is telling us how they'll improve blah blah blah 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wednesday is Photography Club 

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

To be fair we are fantastic at non stories at Hearts the press lap it up too, we talk a fantastic game at this club 

We must do better, its no good enough blah blah blah,  seems every week one player or another is telling us how they'll improve blah blah blah 

That's right.  These press photographers assemble just to wind us up.

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Taking your last sentence first, your previous post sarcastically waited with baited breath as though you're entitled to incoming transfers at the drop of a hat.  Things don't happen that way. 

I shall not direct my positivity comment to CL because I am not aware he has commented on here about Summer transfers nor do his tactics at this stage have any relevance.  Once more your hatred of the man shines through.

CM is a challenging area and I am fairly certain it will be addreessed as and when opportunities arise, within the confines of our resources.  I don't want to go down the old route of asking you what our resources are, who should we sign and how much would  they cost but taking Mulumbu as a start we don't know (on here) what wages he wants and whether he even plans to stay in Scotland.

Al, I wish you would stop referring to criticism as hatred. I don't hate CL but I don't think he is the best person to run our footballing side.

CL has had plenty time to review the areas of his team and where we need replacements and who was is likely to leave. His comments in the press are totally contradictory regarding whether he is going to make signings or not. One minute he is the next he is going to give the youngsters a chance.

Ok it could just be deflective tactics to avoid saying who he is perhaps trying to sign but it certainly doesn't help with the mixed messages.

We have our first competetive game of the season on Friday and it seems unclear what our preferred central midfield is going to be.

I used Mulumbu as an example of the type of player I think we should be looking to sign due to the fact he knows the league and has shown he is a decent player with loads of experience which he could pass on to the young players.

He was at Killie previously so I would have thought that we could afford to get him if they could unless of course he is trying to demand too much but it was an example of the type we should be looking at rather than the experimental signings that are more of a gamble.

As regards the quantity of signings I suspect that there is a financial aspect the club gains somehow from these dealings, don't know and I suspect none on here do understand the murky waters of football transfers, agents, wages etc.

I refuse to accept CL can't spot a player, there is something about quality, money, quantity of player and transfers which doesn't add up, there's making money involved in it , I have no doubt.

Fans- always the last to know!

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Al, I wish you would stop referring to criticism as hatred. I don't hate CL but I don't think he is the best person to run our footballing side.

Sorry, Davy.  That's how it appears to me.. Too unrelenting to believe otherwise

CL has had plenty time to review the areas of his team and where we need replacements and who was is likely to leave. His comments in the press are totally contradictory regarding whether he is going to make signings or not. One minute he is the next he is going to give the youngsters a chance.

I think you've maybe answered your own question below.  I understand that an offer was on the table for Djoum and we didn't ave confirmation until this week that it was being rejected.  I think the offer should have been withdrawn much sooner (maybe it was).

Ok it could just be deflective tactics to avoid saying who he is perhaps trying to sign but it certainly doesn't help with the mixed messages.

We have our first competetive game of the season on Friday and it seems unclear what our preferred central midfield is going to be.

It will also be unclear to DUFC as well then,  or should we just give them a team sheet now?  Why do you feel the need to know?

I used Mulumbu as an example of the type of player I think we should be looking to sign due to the fact he knows the league and has shown he is a decent player with loads of experience which he could pass on to the young players.

What information do you have that leads you to believe he hasn't been trying to sign other players of that calibre, or better?  Maybe he does not see Mulumbu fitting into his plans.

He was at Killie previously so I would have thought that we could afford to get him if they could unless of course he is trying to demand too much but it was an example of the type we should be looking at rather than the experimental signings that are more of a gamble.

The highlighted bit may or may not be relevant but affordability will be a factor.  My own opinion/guess is that CL will go for a 6 month loan deal to cover Haring's short term absence or a full season loan if he's going to be out for a good stretch.

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

CL hasn’t signed 70 players. Neilson and Cathro have both confirmed they had a say on who they wanted or didn’t want.

It’s mental how people still don’t realise that. The head coach chooses which players he wants, he tells the director and the director goes and gets them. The head coach concentrates on who he wants on the pitch and how he wants the game played and the director deals with the boring non football side of things. 

57 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It’s mental how people still don’t realise that. The head coach chooses which players he wants, he tells the director and the director goes and gets them. The head coach concentrates on who he wants on the pitch and how he wants the game played and the director deals with the boring non football side of things. 

Bingo for anyone who wnats to bang on about "all of Leveins signings" I have 2 words - 

Malaury Martin 

Never in a million years would he be considered a Levein signing, he backed his coach.... Who had dreadful judgement clearly 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Bingo for anyone who wnats to bang on about "all of Leveins signings" I have 2 words - 

Malaury Martin 

Never in a million years would he be considered a Levein signing, he backed his coach.... Who had dreadful judgement clearly 

PERSONALLY - Think he was much like sean clare aspect but clare got more patience, martin had the technical ability to be brilliant for us but was in a team that didnt suit his playstyle at all and he got thrown in when not fit. Just personal opinion he was an easy scapegoat to sugarcoat fact we were shite period at the time but lets blame one person much like our support did to clare all last year.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

PERSONALLY - Think he was much like sean clare aspect but clare got more patience, martin had the technical ability to be brilliant for us but was in a team that didnt suit his playstyle at all and he got thrown in when not fit. Just personal opinion he was an easy scapegoat to sugarcoat fact we were shite period at the time but lets blame one person much like our support did to clare all last year.

Luckily Levein has stuck by Clare then. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Malaury Martin 

Yet Levein gets the credit for Berra and Lafferty and Smith signing instead of Cathro? 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Luckily Levein has stuck by Clare then. 

I Like clare mate, i think you see something raw from him when he plays and hopefully in the middle he'l give us some craft and guile! he's scored some brilliant technical goals too at Rugby park and V Livvie in cup so heres hoping!