skwif1

Kyle Lafferty.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If you're suggesting that some of our expenditure has been less than fruitful then I agree.     But that's not the point as you may well already be aware of.

well it is the point if we manage our budgets better going forward then potential resource can be found now - commercially minded businesses do it all the time some even successfully

red
39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Where do people think the money arrives from to make all these costly looking contracts?      From the club operating on a commercially minded basis.     Which people don't seem to like very much.       A strange bunch.

We’ve just signed a midfielder from Cardiff and about to sign another one when we have An abundance of young players who can play midfield. 

Your also forgetting the 19 goals that likely secured us a higher position thus earning more monies.

On his last stint here Lafferty paid for himself. 

Paolo
On 08/08/2019 at 15:25, GorgieFifeLife said:

Nah dont agree, May has had a bad time of it but has more ability than Moult and could be good for us.  

I would take Moult over May any day of the week. 

Firefox
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

"goad" great Freudian slip. 🤣

Who said it was a Freudian slip? 😉

Des' Dad
1 hour ago, red said:

We’ve just signed a midfielder from Cardiff and about to sign another one when we have An abundance of young players who can play midfield. 

Your also forgetting the 19 goals that likely secured us a higher position thus earning more monies.

On his last stint here Lafferty paid for himself. 

I'm not in favour of Lafferty returning but he would be a better acquisition than Uche has been. He is vastly over rated by our fans in my opinion and has contributed nothing other than keeping a proper striker out of the team.

Dagger Is Back

Wonder how much Lafferty is looking for in terms of a weekly wage?

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Wonder how much Lafferty is looking for in terms of a weekly wage?

He's looking for the US Dollar

Armageddon
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

He's looking for the US Dollar

Nah, I don't believe that.

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Who said it was a Freudian slip? 😉

😋

JCR

He’s looking to avoid ending up at Motherwell. 

Not it sure there is a point to this discussion. If we wanted him he’d most likely be back by now so for whatever reason we clearly don’t. Occam’s razor an’ all that. 

Newton51

A year ago he scored the winning goal against Celtic. What a difference a year makes! I think if he signed then would get some of the fans back on board

LewisR5-1

This coming from a page that is followed by bobby zlamal 🤷🏻‍♂️

E370BE7D-34F3-470E-BCB8-F4EF0C691241.jpeg

Newton51
5 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

This coming from a page that is followed by bobby zlamal 🤷🏻‍♂️

E370BE7D-34F3-470E-BCB8-F4EF0C691241.jpeg

Saw that online. I thought he was off social media so not sure if it’s his official account

maroonlegions

LewisR5-1
9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

68321560_1478788022263851_764293617916313600_o.jpg

68973382_1478788075597179_5214762060293865472_o.jpg

Fingers crossed 

OTT

I'm not saying this lightly, if Kyle was in our team V Celtic in the final, we'd have won. It was neck and neck with Steven Maclean upfront FFS. 

We need him, but at the same time, he needs us. Club and player fit like a glove and if he is back, then he needs to show us he wasn't just playing for a move to rangers. It worries me now that the rangers chapter is closed for him for good he will lose motivation and become disinterested. 

c41rns

Rumour being he didn’t apply himself in training before his move. Played when it suited him and encouraged (actively or otherwise) the Union Jack brigade to become more vocal. I’d love his goals, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he didn’t sign. 

amadjambo
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not saying this lightly, if Kyle was in our team V Celtic in the final, we'd have won. It was neck and neck with Steven Maclean upfront FFS. 

We need him, but at the same time, he needs us. Club and player fit like a glove and if he is back, then he needs to show us he wasn't just playing for a move to rangers. It worries me now that the rangers chapter is closed for him for good he will lose motivation and become disinterested. 

Possibly. But Maclean did play well and he worked his backside off. Not sure Lafferty would have put that effort in.

OTT
Just now, amadjambo said:

Possibly. But Maclean did play well and he worked his backside off. Not sure Lafferty would have put that effort in.

We were playing Celtic mate. 

3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Lafferty getting it up the hooped demons.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

But there's a good chance he would've done something Maclean was never going to do - put the ball in the Celtic net. 

amadjambo
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Lafferty getting it up the hooped demons.

Very true. Lafferty also would have been a huge improvement over Maclean and Amankwa at Murrayfield in the Semi.

big man

With the amount of injuries we seem to pick up especially with Uche out for a long spell as well this is a no brainier 

Peebo

Lafferty spent much of his time with us playing right midfield, and he’s a better option there than Walker (even if he isn’t deemed an improvement up front). 

Newton51

Lafferty does have baggage but would be an improvement in the squad. If wighton is out longer-term and McLean out the picture then it’s a no brainer

A_A wehatethehibs

Would be buzzing but still going to say it’s got absolutely no chance of happening. Unless we see scarf on heid, it’s not happening 

busby1985

Maybe it would be good to have a “numpty” around the dressing room. A big loveable dafty? Just saying, could lift the gloom. 

RudiHMFC

Signing Lafferty would make far too much sense for it to happen. Better to stick with guys that either don't score or are always injured, or both.

Leveins Battalion

Laff and Hearts go.Get it done ffs.

The Future's Maroon
29 minutes ago, big man said:

With the amount of injuries we seem to pick up especially with Uche out for a long spell as well this is a no brainier 

Have I missed something?!

Robbo-Jambo
57 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Rumour being he didn’t apply himself in training before his move. Played when it suited him and encouraged (actively or otherwise) the Union Jack brigade to become more vocal. I’d love his goals, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he didn’t sign. 

Didn't apply himself at Ibrox in training straight from his own interview

Thats for his beloved sevco. 

Anyway he ain't coming back here. 

Sagan
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't apply himself at Ibrox in training straight from his own interview

Thats for his beloved sevco. 

Anyway he ain't coming back here. 

There have been a few quality players that have admitted they didn't train well. 

I'm sure Matt le tissier was one. 

I'd put money on gazza not training hard as well. 

Prof

Get him back now.

Prof
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

There have been a few quality players that have admitted they didn't train well. 

Jim Baxter for example. Arguably the most skilful player Scotland has ever produced.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

I'm sure Matt le tissier was one. 

I'd put money on gazza not training hard as well. 

True, but he admitted in an interview that if he had trained harder Gerrard would have played him more. 

Thats a huge incentive to play for a team he was dying to get back to and a bit strange how he wasn't prepared to up his effort and desire to do that. 

With respect Lafferty wasn't in the same league as Gazza or Matt le Tissier by a long way. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Jim Baxter for example. Arguably the most skilful player Scotland has ever produced.

He was indeed but he could get away with it. 

Lafferty couldn't and he was in a different world from the brilliant Baxter. 

Forever Hearts

George Best hated training. Maybe a reason his top level career was over at 27 right enough. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, big man said:

Uche out for a long spell. 

Not seen that anywhere 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

George Best hated training. Maybe a reason his top level career was over at 27 right enough. 

That and the birds and booze but he was still some player and a superstar even if quit at an early age. 

Sagan
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

True, but he admitted in an interview that if he had trained harder Gerrard would have played him more. 

Thats a huge incentive to play for a team he was dying to get back to and a bit strange how he wasn't prepared to up his effort and desire to do that. 

With respect Lafferty wasn't in the same league as Gazza or Matt le Tissier by a long way. 

Laffery scored 19 goals for us at the end of the day. 1 off Robbo's record. 

We have to weigh that up against his bad points. 

Edited by Sagan

Newton51
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche out for a long spell. 

Not seen that anywhere 

Havent seen it either but would explain his current form as don’t think he has been right since he came back. Maybe that’s where the Lafferty rumours came from

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, OTT said:

That's the fourth certainty,🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻I get you m8,,love special K back,,,,unlikely though,,, 

Sagan
5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

That's the fourth certainty,🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻I get you m8,,love special K back,,,,unlikely though,,, 

That's actually 5 certainties if you include the special k. 

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

That's actually 5 certainties if you include the special k. 

🙈👏👏👏👏👏👏🙌🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Prof said:

No one can beat Willie Morgan or George Best for not being totally committed all the time.

Morgan, "hard work never killed anyone but why take the chance

Best, most of my money I spent on birds and booze. The rest I squandered.

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Havent seen it either but would explain his current form as don’t think he has been right since he came back. Maybe that’s where the Lafferty rumours came from

It would affect his form and it has done just dont see anything official that he is going to be our for a long period. 

Knowing our injury record nothing would  surprise me ☹️☹️

Paulp74

Levein is in the last chance saloon. A defeat on Friday v motherwell, a big defeat at parkhead or any sort of defeat v hibs and the fan pressure on him to go will surely be too much, even for Budge. 

For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Lafferty back. His goals could keep him his job!

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Laffery scored 19 goals for us at the end of the day. 1 off Robbo's record. 

We have to weigh that up against his bad points. 

Get what you are saying but as far as his career has gone stats wise that seems to be a bit of a one off season. 

Plus his attitude now must be a concern as he said if he trained harder at Ibrox he would have got more game time

If he really wanted to play for his boyhood heroes why didn't he push himself harder at training with them. 

From what I have heard he is fallen badly off the wagon with the issues he had under control at Hearts. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Levein is in the last chance saloon. A defeat on Friday v motherwell, a big defeat at parkhead or any sort of defeat v hibs and the fan pressure on him to go will surely be too much, even for Budge. 

For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Lafferty back. His goals could keep him his job!

Could he guarantee that level of goals scoring with us again. 

Bit of a one of season when you look at his career records. 

There is also the fact he could disrupt the dressing because Berra and Naismith have no time for him at all. 

High risk factors there IMO

Sagan
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is also the fact he could disrupt the dressing because Berra and Naismith have no time for him at all. 

Performance related pay could be an option. 

Also, not sure that the dressing room is in much of a good state the now to be honest, and berra is finished. 

Paulp74
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Where did you hear about Berra and Naismith having no time for him? I saw berra and lafferty together at a shareholder dinner and they seemed to get on well.