Jump to content
skwif1

Kyle Lafferty.

Recommended Posts

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Could he guarantee that level of goals scoring with us again. 

 

Bit of a one of season when you look at his career records. 

 

There is also the fact he could disrupt the dressing because Berra and Naismith have no time for him at all. 

 

High risk factors there IMO

Why does this get consistently rolled out as a stick to beat Lafferty with? Strikers who've scored 20 goals a season throughout their career don't sign for Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

We should only care about winning, would we win more with lafferty back? Without doubt. He had a knack of scoring crackers at big moments in big games, I think he could be like rudi in that some players just work at some clubs. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

No danger Budge will sign this off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No danger Budge will sign this off

 

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No danger Budge will sign this off

Not being intentionally arsey, but why do you say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tntjambo

For me he would be a good re signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 


scored 19 goals.. so he did more than you suggest, in a far weaker team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:


scored 19 goals.. so he did more than you suggest, in a far weaker team

 

that poster is more concerned about union flags than hearts winning which is his right 

 

lafferty scored in the Motherwell game he refers to - he also for example scored that incredibly scrappy goal at murrayfield to win what looked a nailed-on 0-0 at best against st Johnstone - fairly sure he didn't score all his goals against Celtic and hibs

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


scored 19 goals.. so he did more than you suggest, in a far weaker team

You can talk about the 19 goals, a complete outlier in his career, but watching him he was ordinary. No assists, little link up and can't head the ball. The issues at the club just now are coaching and style related, the true potential of the squad isn't realised until that changes. Acquiring more players changes nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss

It wasn't even like we were creating loads of chances for him either in his spells with us.I mean loads just seem to come out of nothing or he created it himself.We don't have that type of player anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

that poster is more concerned about union flags than hearts winning which is his right 

 

lafferty scored in the Motherwell game he refers to - he also for example scored that incredibly scrappy goal at murrayfield to win what looked a nailed-on 0-0 at best against st Johnstone - fairly sure he didn't score all his goals against Celtic and hibs

 

 

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

 

"solely about quality "

 

:lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

 

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

 

 

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Where did you hear about Berra and Naismith having no time for him? I saw berra and lafferty together at a shareholder dinner and they seemed to get on well. 

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bainy

He scored 19 goals and was not even fit all season he missed a few games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarioHMFC
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Byyy The Light
55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

 

🙌🏼 couldn’t agree more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why does this get consistently rolled out as a stick to beat Lafferty with? Strikers who've scored 20 goals a season throughout their career don't sign for Hearts. 

Didn't say throughout his career, but he has only done it once so he is anything but prolific. 

 

As I said his training and attitude was poor with Rangers and he admitted it. 

 

This is for the club he loves so the question is why is that the case. 

 

Furthermore his attitude would probably be even worse anywhere else. 

 

Personally I think he has gone football wise and his demons have resurfaced since rejoining them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith

There’s more chance of Craig asking me to dig out my togs and play on Friday than Lafferty coming back. He’s not liked by any of the folk that make the decisions at the club. It’s that simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

That dire cup game at Fir Park two seasons ago - Naismith roasted him for the entire game. There is no way he is coming back to Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

Good summary. 

 

Think the club are of the opinion he is more trouble than he is worth. 

 

There is not much point in constantly discussing it anyway because he is not coming back. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
campbell
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

19 goals 

3 against Celtic 

1 against Hibs 

1 against rangers 

 

that leaves 14 against everyone else.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
23 minutes ago, campbell said:

19 goals 

3 against Celtic 

1 against Hibs 

1 against rangers 

 

that leaves 14 against everyone else.... 

 

2 against East Fife

1 against Elgin City

1 against Peterhead

 

These are "Shankland" goals (in some people's view).

 

He scored 12 league goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SwindonJambo

Can’t believe this is still rumbling on. It’s abundantly clear that there’s zero chance of him returning. He’s clearly an extremely high maintenance troublesome individual. At 32, his usefulness is likely to decline rapidly, especially with his poor attitude to training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
campbell
25 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

 

2 against East Fife

1 against Elgin City

1 against Peterhead

 

These are "Shankland" goals (in some people's view).

 

He scored 12 league goals.

So 9 against the teams like Ross county who you claimed he didn’t do it against, whether you like him, hate him, want him back or don’t want him back your comment is simply not true! 

 

For me id take his goals in a heart beat but the negative outweigh the positives, but let’s not pretend that he wouldn’t improve our squad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Can’t believe this is still rumbling on. It’s abundantly clear that there’s zero chance of him returning. He’s clearly an extremely high maintenance troublesome individual. At 32, his usefulness is likely to decline rapidly, especially with his poor attitude to training.

 

This. He’s no coming people, dry yer eyes ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarioHMFC

I received a text from someone saying he’s signed a one year contract and it’ll be announced tomorrow. Don’t know how reliable it is though, he’s been right and wrong before. I’ve messaged someone else to ask what they know but as of yet I haven’t had a reply.

 

I would be very surprised if this actually happens though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Away up in Gorgie
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

 

Your first line is laughable bullshit. I won’t change my mind on Levein but I also don’t want Lafferty anywhere near Hearts. It was obvious even when he was contributing and scoring goals that most within Hearts thought him an extremely dubious character who was anything but a good example but they gave him some leeway. They were delighted to see the back of him and receive a fee. It seems highly improbable they would welcome him back and frankly I’m fine with that. Not wanting to see Levein anywhere near our dugout has nothing whatsoever to do with Lafferty’s return or otherwise. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rmreido
8 hours ago, Jodami said:

You can talk about the 19 goals, a complete outlier in his career, but watching him he was ordinary. No assists, little link up and can't head the ball. The issues at the club just now are coaching and style related, the true potential of the squad isn't realised until that changes. Acquiring more players changes nothing. 

Exactly, it's the tactics that's the problem. 💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo

Lafferty is not a good footballer, but he did score for us, something we struggle to do, even against some so called lesser sides. 

 

However, his attitude stinks (in complete contrast to Naismith), and he done his best to force us to sell him to his beloved Rangers.   The fact that his attitude stunk, and he barely tried even with them, should be treated as a red flag. 

 

On balance, I am inclined to give him a miss, but won’t lose my shit if he did sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

 

Fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Lafferty is not a good footballer, but he did score for us, something we struggle to do, even against some so called lesser sides. 

 

However, his attitude stinks (in complete contrast to Naismith), and he done his best to force us to sell him to his beloved Rangers.   The fact that his attitude stunk, and he barely tried even with them, should be treated as a red flag. 

 

On balance, I am inclined to give him a miss, but won’t lose my shit if he did sign. 

Nothing to do with him not trying or his attitude at Rangers. He should’ve told Gerrard about the dick pics, he never and that killed any chance he had to build a relationship with Gerrard. Made even worse by the fact that he never told Michael O’Neil either and that caused aggro between NI amen rangers as Lafferty pulled out the squad to try do damage limitation with his family before the pic surfaced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sam?
8 hours ago, Jodami said:

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

Ross Callaghan cost us that day no one else . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. 
 

But that didn’t matter when it came to the football pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not being intentionally arsey, but why do you say that?

Too much baggage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing to do with him not trying or his attitude at Rangers. He should’ve told Gerrard about the dick pics, he never and that killed any chance he had to build a relationship with Gerrard. Made even worse by the fact that he never told Michael O’Neil either and that caused aggro between NI amen rangers as Lafferty pulled out the squad to try do damage limitation with his family before the pic surfaced. 

So in his interview blaming his poor training at Ibrox restricting his games was to hide the real reason about his Tadgergate incident. 

 

That would probably make sense because it was a weak excuse to use the training being poor because he could easily have upped that to play for his beloved Rangers. 

 

He is a complex and unreliable individual who has many demons and issues off the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

 

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

I hardly think signing a player who couldn't wait to leave us and is still going on about his "dream of watching his team winning the league" is going to get the fans onside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

 

Fact. 

Would be great if he did, if only to annoy the snowflake brigade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. 
 

But that didn’t matter when it came to the football pitch. 

That's because both players were miles above Lafferty in ability and professional off the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. 
 

But that didn’t matter when it came to the football pitch. 

And Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smith. Anybody who thinks every dressing room is a hive of harmony and togetherness is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
16 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

 

Fact. 

 

 

24DB5444-3C7D-4728-83E1-8860D58A4835.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hardly think signing a player who couldn't wait to leave us and is still going on about his "dream of watching his team winning the league" is going to get the fans onside

To say he is not the brightest guy ia a huge understatement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

To say he is not the brightest guy ia a huge understatement. 

Don't think even his biggest fan would disagree on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

To say he is not the brightest guy ia a huge understatement. 

 

The thing stupid people have is unwavering self belief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Craig's gone off goalscorers.  It's all part of a great plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

 

 

24DB5444-3C7D-4728-83E1-8860D58A4835.jpeg

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T

As Levein got no credit for getting to the Scottish Cup final because it was a piss easy run similarly the same people should discount Lafferty’s goal in the group stages of the league cup as they were piss easy teams.

 

So that’s 15 goals he got - not bad but even then not a stat that he has repeated often if at all in 15 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E3OBE
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Craig's gone off goalscorers.  It's all part of a great plan.

He doesn’t like wingers either. We are so narrow it’s no wonder the ball gets hoofed up the park every 5 minutes. Get some width into the team and we might start opening more doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...