Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

GorgieFifeLife

Heard from a guy this morning who is friends with a Hearts player that Lafferty is expected to re-join the club when a severance package is agreed at Ibrox.  Also confirmed Walker as 100% signing which is common knowledge anyway. Looks like we will have great forward options in the coming season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

mikescotland

He's been an utter waste of space there after all the noise he made to get back to them so I'd be wary of bringing him back in case we get that version of him which has been the one he's shown for the majority of his career.

I think CL’s comments when Lafferty left - re the IQ of the dressing room going up a few notches - are quite telling. While they were said in a jokey way they are not remarks you make about someone you respect. It would probably need some turnaround before Craig considers taking Lafferty back. He certainly made a contribution during his time here but I suspect that time has come and gone.

Governor Tarkin
On 24/06/2019 at 22:01, Prof said:

Stalin said men bring problems. So eliminate that man and there is no problem. 

:sadrobbo:

His age, the wages, his exit, his social media, his off field issues. No manager wants to deal with all the sideshow that comes with Lafferty and he wasn't that good in the first place. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

His age, the wages, his exit, his social media, his off field issues. No manager wants to deal with all the sideshow that comes with Lafferty and he wasn't that good in the first place. 

...his goals

Spoiler

Does anyone know what rangers paid for Laff and was it in installments? Rangers obviously want rid so we could be favourites if have to write off some of the fee

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

...his goals

Yes, his goals, a complete outlier benchmarked against the rest of his career. And the zero assists of course, forgot those. Seems to me that there is a bit of Olly Lee syndrome going on with Kyle Lafferty. Some people are in love with the song irrespective of the actual qualities of the player. 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yes, his goals, a complete outlier benchmarked against the rest of his career. And the zero assists of course, forgot those. Seems to me that there is a bit of Olly Lee syndrome going on with Kyle Lafferty. Some people are in love with the song irrespective of the actual qualities of the player. 

That'll be his goals that helped us finish where in the League?

Lafferty wants to come back as does Milinkovic Hearts know this ultimately it's upto the club would they add quality to the squad absolutely both players are in a similar situation as Walker Lafferty won't go to motherwell i can tell u that. 

34 minutes ago, Newton51 said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone know what rangers paid for Laff and was it in installments? Rangers obviously want rid so we could be favourites if have to write off some of the fee

The figure quoted from 'reliable sources' was £690k one cash payment in full. 

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about the rest of his career. It's what he does in a Hearts strip that I'm concerned about. 

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about the rest of his career. It's what he does in a Hearts strip that I'm concerned about. 

Exactly. Nothing stunning, tried hard against Celtic which makes you question his all round attitude, helped us to finish 6th in the table. Doesn’t greatly prove the quality of the current squad if at all, don't require him, move on. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Der Hun aren't exactly flush with strikers and are very likely trying to punt

Morelos. The fact that they're emptying Lafferty after such a short spell when he'd be ideal as a cover striker suggests he's as hard to deal with as ever. 

I think it suggests that he was not a Gerrard signing, I don’t believe Gerrard ever wanted him.  It was a classic old firm “board signing”. 

Lafferty should not have gone but as Levein said, the IQ just is not there 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The figure quoted from 'reliable sources' was £690k one cash payment in full. 

Think it was a bit less than that tbh - suppose we will find out in accounts 

Ok not ITK, no idea etc.... but just seen KL double in Wallyford!!...?I thought as I drove past na no in Wallyford however a few drivers passing were beeping their horns and giving him the thumbs up, strange indeed...??

Edited by micole

1 minute ago, micole said:

Ok not ITK, no idea etc.... but just seen KL double in Wallyford!!...?I thought as I drove past na no in Wallyford however a few drivers passing were beeping their horns and giving him the thumbs up, stranded indeed...??

On his way back from East Mains? Is he not still banned from driving so hope he was a passenger?

Fact is we can't rely on Mclean (I'm not for one minute doubting his commitment), he's too old and doesn't offer enough. If Uche gets injured we're up shit creek, being a big heavy set lad, worst case senario he could be like Ricardo Fuller or Andy Carroll in terms of injuries and its important we plan around that. 

Failing to sign a back up target man will be our undoing next season unless Levein learns from what happned last season and sign accordingly. I'm not saying that Laff is a target man, but he is a big laddie where we can play balls up to that will stick. 

If the huns want to cut him lose, we should swoop. 

30 minutes ago, Pagey said:

On his way back from East Mains? Is he not still banned from driving so hope he was a passenger?

He was on foot with a guy heading towards the Miners car park,  so maybe it was him ....??

Italian Lambretta
52 minutes ago, micole said:

Ok not ITK, no idea etc.... but just seen KL double in Wallyford!!...?I thought as I drove past na no in Wallyford however a few drivers passing were beeping their horns and giving him the thumbs up, strange indeed...??

Mayve just visiting Griffiths and showing where to stick the pipe properly. 

44 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Mayve just visiting Griffiths and showing where to stick the pipe properly. 

????

• 4 weeks later...
been here before

Worked out well for him.

I await the bangers posting about wanting him back. Probably "in a heartbeat".

Edited by been here before

SpruceBringsteen

The only job he could do is keeping a better player out of the lineup whilst texting pictures of his helmet to a teammate's missus. Hopefully Levein has learned his lesson.

He done a brilliant job while at us but needed a constant baby sitter (McPhee).

His head needs to be in the right place and he still needs to be in recovery Gambling wise to have any impact at any team he signs for. 

I will never slate someone for addiction issues but i would not want to see him back in a hearts top as he clearly is a disruptive person and craig is trying to build a good culture of solid pros and young kids who learn from these pros. Kyle would disrupt that and have a bad influence on the kids. 

All the best with the rest of his career 

Dallas Green

While we haven't had someone score the amount of goals he did in a season for a long while, he is an utter fud and I'd rather we stay clear this time.

Aye, a woodnae take back uh a proven 20 goal a season striker 

:wtf:

Ud rather huv Shiteon

Edited by i8hibsh

Ryan Jarman
3 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Bring him home!

He's just been kicked out his home. 

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

While we haven't had someone score the amount of goals he did in a season for a long while, he is an utter fud and I'd rather we stay clear this time.

Not sure I agree.  He created a happy dressing room seemingly.  The second he left our team went into freefall.

Cruyff Turn

The guys a complete roaster. Could have stayed here, played games, scored goals, instead he downed tools here and spread his cheeks when Rangers Mark II came calling. 

**** Kyle Lafferty and all who sail with him.

been here before
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure I agree.  He created a happy dressing room seemingly.  The second he left our team went into freefall.

"Our"

:rofl:

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

See if he could keep a straight head on and not get lured by tits and gambling then to be honest I'd take him back for his ability to score goals. Himself and Naismith worked well together. I just don't like the way he left to go to them.

Still only 31.

YouLetYourClubDie
9 minutes ago, Ryan Jarman said:

He's just been kicked out his home. 

Most Rangers fans seem to hate him if Follow Follow is anything to go by.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ud rather huv Shiteon

When did Lafferty last score 20 goals in a season? 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ud rather huv Shiteon

Go on then smart boy, tell us all the times Lafferty has scored 20 goals in a season.

Do you honestly think that calling a player Shiteon is thigh slappingly funny and that we all fall about laughing at it.

It was not funny the first time it was used and is no better now.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The guys a complete roaster. Could have stayed here, played games, scored goals, instead he downed tools here and spread his cheeks when Rangers Mark II came calling. 

**** Kyle Lafferty and all who sail with him.

He had the chance to play for the club he supported on far superior wages. Anybody on here who says they wouldn't do the exact same thing is a liar.