Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Can someone please explain to me why Naismith is not a Hearts player right now and why he has not been part of the pre season?I am sorry if this has been done to death just cant be bothered going back to find out. It's like he is guaranteed to sign but doesn't seem to be happening.

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

6 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Can someone please explain to me why Naismith is not a Hearts player right now and why he has not been part of the pre season?I am sorry if this has been done to death just cant be bothered going back to find out. It's like he is guaranteed to sign but doesn't seem to be happening.

Termination contract from Norwich allowed him an extra months salary - £160k approx. Can’t officially sign until 1st Aug. 

But he is signing 👍

Edited by PTBCAL

29 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Surely if this is another thread on this subject, it obviously has been discussed before! 

Nobody can accuse you of being sarcastic ☺

I see his post has been merged with all the other Levein oot stuff.

23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Termination contract from Norwich allowed him an extra months salary - £160k approx. Can’t officially sign until 1st Aug. 

But he is signing 👍

Thanks for clarifying, concerned that the money means he has missed all the League Cup games but guess we need to just take that

28 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

But he is signing 👍

Think he was winding you up - surely? 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m very concerned that all our eggs, again appear to currently be in the Naismith basket.

A further injury away from the pathetic results post Jan.

Least enthusiastic I think I’ve been post admin

Spot on.  That goes for me too and, I am sure, a lot of other supporters.

It should have been ten
52 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Thanks for clarifying, concerned that the money means he has missed all the League Cup games but guess we need to just take that

£160k v Playing against the likes of East Fife and Cowdenbeath 

:interehjrling:

Edited by It should have been ten

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

No, of course I would rather we had him. The question is whether we have blown too much of our budget on Naismith leaving us unable to sign what we really need. A central midfield. 

However it was what the fans wanted but they don't have to worry about the budget

1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

He was also pictured in full training gear at a team meeting on here so he definitely has been part of our pre-season,  just not the games,  due to the £160K he's due to receive. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Long Tall Sally said:

He was a mod years ago Dave. Let’s not play silly buggers. 

:cool_shades:

I must have forgotten then. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he was winding you up - surely? 

Possibly Bud - my mind is on another thread 😀👍 

The more games like today that pass, the more I daydream ... that when SN is finally announced as having signed, he does so in a Player/Coach capacity. Teaming up with Austin McP managing the first team squad as CL moves back behind the scenes. 

Appreciate it’s purely fantasy but such a move would give the whole place a tremendous boost and entirely change the negativity that surrounds our media coverage. No secret that Levein lacks a single ally in Scottish media while Naismith is the polar opposite. I know there’s an argument these things count for little but spun appropriately it could be a handover that brings the place alive again and lights the touch paper to the start of our season. 

I know, I know. I’m a dreamer 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Scottish psyche = the boss is always to blame. 

Well, aye.  He picks, buys, selects the players. 

Nurtures the mentality, sets the formations, deals with people and their emotions etc....he’s responsible for keeping the team focused.  

Its not a scottish thing. You’ll find that managers are to blame in any division anywhere and will lose their jobs this season. And I could post this on the posters words you quoted too.  

We may not like it as fans but players do down tools or lose morale under certain conditions and managers. There’s very few who self manage and always give their all. Players playing shite can also be attributed to managers buying shite players.

So, it’s not  the players fault. They are what they are.  

StevenNaismith

But for a last minute flare up he would’ve played in the cup final so it’s safe to assume he will be fit for next Sunday.

6 hours ago, hearts00 said:

No, of course I would rather we had him. The question is whether we have blown too much of our budget on Naismith leaving us unable to sign what we really need. A central midfield. 

Any idea what wage Naisy will be on?

I’m just curious 

In addition to him, we need at least two exciting signings who will make a big difference.

Be great if one of them knew where the net was and could stick the ball in it now and again.

Stephen Muddie
On 23/07/2019 at 13:48, Smith's right boot said:

Having read the last 2 pages, one thought came to mind - 

bd0d5cbc52ece9c7416bd69352139540--wonder-women-gorgeous-women.jpg

Holy crap she's an ugly boot. I can vouch for i8's status as a (former) Hearts supporter btw. I will not vouch for his fashion sense - Anybody that big bald and ugly should not be flaunting their curves in day-glo hues IMO.

I've got one poster on ignore - problem being the poster is a 100 post a day sort who disagrees with many - so I see his shitty quoted replies often, which makes me shake with rage.

Stevie Naismith is good but not the overall answer. I'm glad he's our player but not stoked that we are pinning our season's hope on him yet again. We better sign effective players at this level soon or we can expect no better than scraping top six. 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

On 27/07/2019 at 19:29, Mr Kipling said:

The performances at the Betfred Cup have been, well, pretty bad to say the least. However, we have qualified for the next round and we did finish top of the league albeit unseeded. 

The management, IMO, are to blame for these bad performances. They are employed to manage and they have not managed to convince us (the fans) that this team are capable of progressing this season. This is also off the back of last season where we all had the same feeling. I'm convinced that the players are not responding well to what is being asked of them by the management. Its like working for a boss you hate - you do everything you can just to piss him/her off. 

Herein lies my point. Many people are saying (paraphrasing here): Oh well, when Naismith returns, everything will be fine. Is it really correct to put all our eggs into one basket? what happens if Naismith doesn't return (although I think he will)? what happens if/when he is injured again? He isn't invincible! 

Currently the Hearts team appear to be on the same track of regression that haunted us last season - I appreciate that it is early in the season but still - it is early for everyone. IMO we certainly cannot rely on Naismith - we need other options - what is Levein et al seriously doing about our midfield and attack?

Thoughts?

We created more chances than I can remember a Hearts team creating. 

But we need to play at a higher tempo. Naismith will help that but it doesn't seem to be a priority for the coaches. A lot of teams play too slowly but it's too early to assess the squad. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

We created more chances than I can remember a Hearts team creating. 

But we need to play at a higher tempo. Naismith will help that but it doesn't seem to be a priority for the coaches. A lot of teams play too slowly but it's too early to assess the squad. 

We created loads of chances because we were playing shite part time teams. 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I wonder if the English FA are currently countIng £160k in pound coins to hand over on Thursday  🤣

Do you think they will change the rules next season to stop any other players ripping the pish out of them.

John Findlay
On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 22:05, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Do you live in Peebles? Asking for a guy from Hamilton

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Only 11 hours till August here.

Not in the world of the right way uppers.

:thumb:

Wan mair Sleep! :yas:

Edited by ri Alban

Not too long to wait now for the likely announcement. I wonder if he will be signed up in a joint playing/ coaching capacity.

17 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

Not too long to wait now for the likely announcement. I wonder if he will be signed up in a joint playing/ coaching capacity.

I thought he had discounted that in a recent interview on Hearts TV.  Hope I'm wrong.

Seymour M Hersh

Special live signing event on Hearts TV at mid-night tonight?  A few minutes of chat a jokes from Scott Wilson followed by Naisy signing while sitting next to Levein and Budge. :laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

The Future's Maroon
On 27/07/2019 at 19:47, Cambo said:

Naismith has 2 bad knees and will be 'nursed' through the season. This is direct from someone at the club. He will absolutely not be our saviour this season. 

😂

On 27/07/2019 at 19:51, Gashauskis9 said:

If this is true, then we shouldn’t be signing him in a full time playing capacity.  

It’s far from true.

2 hours ago, MCJamTart said:

He has dismissed that idea, for the moment, as wants to concentrate on his playing career.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Special live signing event on Hearts TV at mid-night tonight?  A few minutes of chat a jokes from Scott Wilson followed by Naisy signing while sitting next to Levein and Budge. :laugh:

All that effort put in and he plays a couple of games this season

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Do you live in Peebles? Asking for a guy from Hamilton

No mate, must be someone else your mate is asking for.

Imagine the meltdown on here from the usual bedwetters, if there's no scarf above the head by 09.01am tomorrow.

Robbo-Jambo

Will Naismith be paraded tomorrow all on his ownsome with scarf above head or will there be more than one scarf needed I wonder? 🤗

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Will Naismith be paraded tomorrow all on his ownsome with scarf above head or will there be more than one scarf needed I wonder? 🤗

Has he put on alot of weight😂

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Has he put on alot of weight😂

😄 Nope he is fit as fiddle but might have some company. 

Don't shoot the messenger but that's is what is being said by more than one person. 😉

Mr Elwood P
31 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't shoot the messenger but that's is what is being said by more than one person. 😉

Double Marquee Thursday !

but we don’t do ‘marquee’ signings ...

12 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

That Pinilla goal tho :scenes:

That goal never made it into Sportscene’s list of contenders for Goal of the Season. Astonishing.

It was by a distance the best goal I saw in Scotland that year.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

when you say more than one person, I hope its not just people on here.

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, cb1874 said:

Imagine the meltdown on here from the usual bedwetters, if there's no scarf above the head by 09.01am tomorrow.

Who are these “usual bedwetters”? And why are you trying to mock other (I presume) posters? 

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who are these “usual bedwetters”? And why are you trying to mock other (I presume) posters? 

Check back tomorrow shortly after 9 o clock.