Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Great news - Hearts new Manager in 6 weeks!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Great signing but hard to get excited about. It's a bit like opening a present on Xmas Day that you have known for ages that you will be getting. In other words, no great surprise.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Nothing but delighted about Naismith signing. Completely happy to take the risk.

Are you saying you wouldn't swap McGinn for Naismith? 

As it stands today McGinn just turned 32 on a two year deal or Naismith about to turn 33 on a 4 years deal.

I don't think you can directly compare to be honest as they are different players.

I can see Naismith having a fantastic season for you this year, but progressively for the following three years, do you think you'll still be getting the same return?

Howdy Doody Jambo

As long as Naismith is at the club we will go forward as a team massive influence in the dressing room on and off the park, really hope he is here longer than 4 year's coaching then head coach 

A winner 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not at all, he is a fantastic signing for you no doubt.

Just surprised at a 4 year deal though

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:notsure:

Depending on results over the next 6 weeks - who knows Dave.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

As it stands today McGinn just turned 32 on a two year deal or Naismith about to turn 33 on a 4 years deal.

I don't think you can directly compare to be honest as they are different players.

I can see Naismith having a fantastic season for you this year, but progressively for the following three years, do you think you'll still be getting the same return?

Naismith will offer so much more on the coaching front. He already is the man who talks our youngsters through the games and gives the older ones a rollicking when needed.

He has great experience at the highest level and loves being at Hearts -,he is a stick on to replace Levein at some stage IMO.@

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Great signing but hard to get excited about. It's a bit like opening a present on Xmas Day that you have known for ages that you will be getting. In other words, no great surprise.

Exactly how I feel. Obviously delighted but it has been fait a  complit for some time

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nope they can’t. 

While Naismith is a great signing and will be a massive influence for us in a positive way, does it not worry you how much our form fell off a cliff when he limped off at Murrayfield?

Well done for sustaining your negativity

Impressive stuff. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
29 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Absolutely this but I’d ban Geoff too 

Glad my existence on here annoys your happiness. :jjyay:

That weirdo Sid is still obsessed with me then. Creepy as ****.

Inch Hearts

Perfect signing.  4 years at his age is fine regardless.  Would rather have four year of Naisy than 3 years alternative. 

tolcross lad
2 minutes ago, sac said:

It matters not. His validity is incalculable not only as a player but what else he may do during those four years. Academy boys should be watching & learning.

It should matter how much it is costing which we dont know.It will matter how much he plays as we are currently over dependent on him and this is the risk(I guess quite a high one)We could end up paying a lot of money for mentoring -an argument used by some for keeping Hughes and McLean.

2 years would have been very good but we probably would not have got him on that basis.I am very uncertain about a 4 year deal.

8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I bet McGinn is on more money than Naismith by a mile.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Linchpin secured.

Much more optimistic about the season.

Happy.

Just need to worry about all the potential lynch pins now. Reckon Sean Clare is the guy they have their beady eyes set on first.

Spitonastranger
29 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He is a fantastic influence on Hearts, no-doubt.

He'll be a fantastic signing (when he plays) but also poses a high risk (when he doesn't)

The balance will be if you get more gametime than not over the next 4 years.

Blow it out your rear, the sheep have no one even near his quality.

13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Naismith has FAR more influence on games at this level.

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, jackal said:

I bet McGinn is on more money than Naismith by a mile.

Interesting, but how would we know?

Fantastic signing , and he’ll bring quality on/off the pitch .

compared to Rudi being refused a contract at 32 despite verbal promises from Levein & Budge as they decided it was against our signing policy as he couldn’t be re sold . 

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naismith will offer so much more on the coaching front. He already is the man who talks our youngsters through the games and gives the older ones a rollicking when needed.

He has great experience at the highest level and loves being at Hearts -,he is a stick on to replace Levein at some stage IMO.@

Play this season and move to coach for next season when CL moves back upstairs.

A prediction, that’s all. I think this has been all ironed out.

Happy with it.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith has FAR more influence on games at this level.

I said the same earlier

24 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I would accept that Naismith is a bigger influence on Hearts than McGinn is for Aberdeen, but financially, is Naismith a bigger risk?

hearts related nickname

Great piece of business.  Head coach in a couple years time. Attacking midfielder for the first couple years. Couldn't care if he's injury prone he's too good a player to not have around the club.  Imagine being 16-18 years old and having him giving you advice

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If his body is shot I’m in no doubt that Steven Naismith is the type of character who will just go and retire, or move to coaching. He is signed at hearts because he is playing every week and getting back to the Scotland squad, he is not here for money, he won’t sit there taking money which is absolute peanuts compared to what he’s earned from football, the guy is just off the back of a £50k a week 3 year contract. Unlike McGinn who will sit there on his big wage contributing nothing for the next 2 years, happy we dodged that bullet, we’ve had enough wage thieves here. Even McGinn in his absolute prime could not lace the boots of a 37 year old shot to pieces Steven naismith, different class of player. No comparison. 

Inch Hearts

Perfect signing.  4 years at his age is fine regardless.  Would rather have four year of Naisy than 3 years alternative. 

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sorry. You are not making any sense.

On topic though - WOW 4 year deal for a player that turns 33 next year and has had injury issues which meant he only played 19 out of the 38 league games last year.

Very brave.

:pleasing:

Giruy!

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I said the same earlier

Naismith is a striker, turned #10, who will probably drop a little further back still in a couple of seasons. He has the all-round game intelligence and reading of the game to do that. Similar to McCann and Allan Johnstone really. McGinn is a winger/forward. His main attribute has always been pace. Do you honestly see him playing centrally in years to come, and have you seen anything from him to suggest that he reads and controls games to the degree necessary to drop in to the middle and still be a worthwhile part of the team?

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If his body is shot I’m in no doubt that Steven Naismith is the type of character who will just go and retire, or move to coaching. He is signed at hearts because he is playing every week and getting back to the Scotland squad, he is not here for money, he won’t sit there taking money which is absolute peanuts compared to what he’s earned from football, the guy is just off the back of a £50k a week 3 year contract. Unlike McGinn who will sit there on his big wage contributing nothing for the next 2 years, happy we dodged that bullet, we’ve had enough wage thieves here. Even McGinn in his absolute prime could not lace the boots of a 37 year old shot to pieces Steven naismith, different class of player. No comparison. 

Why would he be the type to just retire?  He’s left signing to the last minute to gain extra ££ from Norwich so would do the same in his career elsewhere.  Let’s not pretend the majority of footballers aren’t money orientated.  I think we will get 2 class seasons followed by mentoring more. 

2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It should matter how much it is costing which we dont know.It will matter how much he plays as we are currently over dependent on him and this is the risk(I guess quite a high one)We could end up paying a lot of money for mentoring -an argument used by some for keeping Hughes and McLean.

2 years would have been very good but we probably would not have got him on that basis.I am very uncertain about a 4 year deal.

The length of contract may have been the major point for Naismith signing but I think his wage demands will reflect that. He knows the club has a wage structure and knows way more about how the club is run compared to any of us. This is his last contract as a player and he must feel he got a decent deal in salary and no doubt coaching opportunities to sign. Also the fact were prepared to wait until today for him to sign so he got his payment from Norwich shows some trust between the player and club.

No one knows how much he will play but every team has a player that when they dont play the team dont play as well. If our younger players dont pick any tips up from Naismith I would be shocked and probably on the pitch more than off it.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Glad my existence on here annoys your happiness. :jjyay:

That weirdo Sid is still obsessed with me then. Creepy as ****.

You’re existence on here doesn’t affect my happiness bud...if anything your posts make me appreciate my positive outlook on life unlike yourself with the constant negativity :thumb:

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Why would he be the type to just retire?  He’s left signing to the last minute to gain extra ££ from Norwich so would do the same in his career elsewhere.  Let’s not pretend the majority of footballers aren’t money orientated.  I think we will get 2 class seasons followed by mentoring more. 

That payoff money he’s got from Norwich is more than the average yearly salary of a Hearts player :lol: 

He is here to play first & foremost not for money. If he isn’t playing I don’t think he’s going to do a Malaury Martin, he’ll either move club or move to coaching. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

You’re existence on here doesn’t affect my happiness bud...if anything your posts make me appreciate my positive outlook on life unlike yourself with the constant negativity :thumb:

Funny. I'm very positive about signing Naismith.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:sweeet:

It should have been ten
35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Delighted he's here. The longer the better for me. Think he'll make a fine manager too once he retires. Fantastic player with a fantastic attitude.

:spoton:

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith is a striker, turned #10, who will probably drop a little further back still in a couple of seasons. He has the all-round game intelligence and reading of the game to do that. Similar to McCann and Allan Johnstone really. McGinn is a winger/forward. His main attribute has always been pace. Do you honestly see him playing centrally in years to come, and have you seen anything from him to suggest that he reads and controls games to the degree necessary to drop in to the middle and still be a worthwhile part of the team?

A lot of Aberden fans would prefer to see McGinn more centrally.

Playing in the no 10 hole role.

McInnes doesn't seem to utilise him there

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That payoff money he’s got from Norwich is more than the average yearly salary of a Hearts player :lol: 

He is here to play first & foremost not for money. If he isn’t playing I don’t think he’s going to do a Malaury Martin, he’ll either move club or move to coaching. 

Yep.  And he waited for it.  He’s only human.  He’s not going to turn down a wage he’s due, just like at Norwich if his legs go completely.  Not a time to be arguing regardless. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

A lot of Aberden fans would prefer to see McGinn more centrally.

Playing in the no 10 hole role.

McInnes doesn't seem to utilise him there

McGinn is shite. 

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not at all, he is a fantastic signing for you no doubt.

Just surprised at a 4 year deal though

Just winding you up. :greggy:

Reckon there will be a coaching or managerial post within that 4 year period.

Phil Dunphy
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done for sustaining your negativity

Impressive stuff. 

Well done on addressing the poster, not the content. 

You’re truly a credit to the slavers on Kickback. 

I want to cry - just read Naismith’s article and you can’t help but love him, the club, everything. Feels so good and right - lets kick on 

Other than the Aberdern doughnut, I'm looking for the negative on here.  Where'ds Rick when you need him?  Or i8 for that matter.

Good news. Not just short term but potentially for our future.

Just hope he stays, relatively at least, injury free. If so, he could go on to be the Alex McDonald of the 2020's but with the trophies the wee man deserved.

Seymour M Hersh

4 years is fantastic. I appreciate he's had some injury worries but if he can avoid anything serious on the pitch then what an addition and influence on the field of play, in the dressing and on the training ground. He is a quiet living person away from football which usually means remaining at a high level of fitness (again barring injuries from this like Brown trying to exact revenge for being made to look like the turnip head he is) into his late 30's. A brilliant signing for the club. :leveinnaturalorder:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Robbo-Jambo

Steven Naismith will get wired into our players verbally on and off the pitch.

Exactly what we need as when looking at our dugout it all looks too sedate during games. IMO.

He will be a hugh influence to us this season.