Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Said in an evening news article that Naismith is set to sign next week. 

That has been common knowledge for months. As soon as it’s August he will be a Hearts player.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think you’ve logged into the wrong website.

No I haven’t. Perfectly aware of what website this is.

Just making the point that you are becoming extremely tiresome with your constant irrelevant nit picking with spelling errors rather than just debating the posts.

I am sure that when I said Irvine (Irving) by mistake most folk would know who that was. 

I suspect that you were attention seeking, when you posted your comments, as opposed to feeling the need to correct me when I made a trivial mistake with his surname. 

16 hours ago, Long Tall Sally said:

To think I8 was once upon a time a moderator on here.

Little wonder the forum has the reputation is does, tbh.

:wow:

I'm sorry, I am not having that! :rofl:

I've clearly missed the joke somewhere.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No I haven’t. Perfectly aware of what website this is.

Just making the point that you are becoming extremely tiresome with your constant irrelevant nit picking with spelling errors rather than just debating the posts.

I am sure that when I said Irvine (Irving) by mistake most folk would know who that was. 

I suspect that you were attention seeking, when you posted your comments, as opposed to feeling the need to correct me when I made a trivial mistake with his surname. 

Well if you use the correct words then I won’t have anything to ‘nit pick’, will I? The ball is firmly in your court!

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well if you use the correct words then I won’t have anything to ‘nit pick’, will I? The ball is firmly in your court!

Well, if you use. (no one’s perfect) 

18 hours ago, Long Tall Sally said:

Little wonder the forum has the reputation is does, tbh.

Can't trust a man who was once called Iluvhibs.

Alex Kintner
On 23/07/2019 at 11:07, ...a bit disco said:

I8factsandtruth.

Congrats by the way mate.

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate 😊👍🏻

queensferryjambo

Tons more excellent Naismith discussion. 

This thread is as painful as Scott Brown's nuts..................

Governor Tarkin
On 23/07/2019 at 12:09, Icon of Symmetry said:

You turn every thread in to the I8 poor me show. It’s the same pattern every time. Toss in a short inaccurate post and then let the replies flood in, then scream about being picked on. Same routine every single thread. 

We need more short inaccurate posts imo.

Governor Tarkin
On 23/07/2019 at 19:24, Long Tall Sally said:

Please tell me this was so.

On 24/07/2019 at 09:54, davemclaren said:

😂😂

Come on, Dave, spill.

On 24/07/2019 at 11:40, Icon of Symmetry said:

:wow:

I'm sorry, I am not having that! :rofl:

I've clearly missed the joke somewhere.

It looks like the joke has been on all of us, mate. :(

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Come on, Dave, spill.

:mad: 

All this time, he’s been clickbait. The slightly pervy Ewen Cameron of JKB. I feel dirty.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Come on, Dave, spill.

Let’s just say that Long Tall Sally must like Long Tall Stories. 😎

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tell you what, he’s a joy to watch in maroon isn’t he. :wub:

The other thing that video video highlights to me, is how bloody much we miss Milinkovic. We simply do not have a guy like that in our team just now, and I miss him horribly. :(

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s just say that Long Tall Sally must like Long Tall Stories. 😎

Or long tall drinks?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Or long tall drinks?

Possibly, I don’t know him/her personally. 😎

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Possibly, I don’t know him/her personally. 😎

I have it on good authority that he likes Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I have it on good authority that he likes Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

It's him him,him.

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tell you what, he’s a joy to watch in maroon isn’t he. :wub:

The other thing that video video highlights to me, is how bloody much we miss Milinkovic. We simply do not have a guy like that in our team just now, and I miss him horribly. :(

This.  Naismith and Milinkovic had a great understanding.  A couple of those passes into Naismith were sublime.  The only player who comes close in relation to through balls in the current squad is Tony McD.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Naismith and Milinkovic had a great understanding.  A couple of those passes into Naismith were sublime.  The only player who comes close in relation to through balls in the current squad is Tony McD.

Yep. Actually quite hard to take watching that video. ☹️

The performances at the Betfred Cup have been, well, pretty bad to say the least. However, we have qualified for the next round and we did finish top of the league albeit unseeded. 

The management, IMO, are to blame for these bad performances. They are employed to manage and they have not managed to convince us (the fans) that this team are capable of progressing this season. This is also off the back of last season where we all had the same feeling. I'm convinced that the players are not responding well to what is being asked of them by the management. Its like working for a boss you hate - you do everything you can just to piss him/her off. 

Herein lies my point. Many people are saying (paraphrasing here): Oh well, when Naismith returns, everything will be fine. Is it really correct to put all our eggs into one basket? what happens if Naismith doesn't return (although I think he will)? what happens if/when he is injured again? He isn't invincible! 

Currently the Hearts team appear to be on the same track of regression that haunted us last season - I appreciate that it is early in the season but still - it is early for everyone. IMO we certainly cannot rely on Naismith - we need other options - what is Levein et al seriously doing about our midfield and attack?

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

The performances at the Betfred Cup have been, well, pretty bad to say the least. However, we have qualified for the next round and we did finish top of the league albeit unseeded. 

The management, IMO, are to blame for these bad performances. They are employed to manage and they have not managed to convince us (the fans) that this team are capable of progressing this season. This is also off the back of last season where we all had the same feeling. I'm convinced that the players are not responding well to what is being asked of them by the management. Its like working for a boss you hate - you do everything you can just to piss him/her off. 

Herein lies my point. Many people are saying (paraphrasing here): Oh well, when Naismith returns, everything will be fine. Is it really correct to put all our eggs into one basket? what happens if Naismith doesn't return (although I think he will)? what happens if/when he is injured again? He isn't invincible! 

Currently the Hearts team appear to be on the same track of regression that haunted us last season - I appreciate that it is early in the season but still - it is early for everyone. IMO we certainly cannot rely on Naismith - we need other options - what is Levein et al seriously doing about our midfield and attack?

Thoughts?

We really do need another thread on this subject.

I don't think it's ever been discussed before.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Thoughts?

You've just regurgitated the same shite thats on a dozen other threads already.

A_A wehatethehibs

Naismith hasn’t kicked a football since February so I’m not expecting many fireworks in his first 5-10 games

We still have time to bring in players.

If we don’t sign anyone questions need to be asked.  

Maybe he can’t due to his budget or is it because he is happy with things?

If he is happy with the squad I think it’s time for a change.

Naismith has 2 bad knees and will be 'nursed' through the season. This is direct from someone at the club. He will absolutely not be our saviour this season. 

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Naismith has 2 bad knees and will be 'nursed' through the season. This is direct from someone at the club. He will absolutely not be our saviour this season. 

If this is true, then we shouldn’t be signing him in a full time playing capacity.  

8 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Really - I doubt that’s the case. 

10 minutes ago, Cambo said:

🤔

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We still have time to bring in players.

If we don’t sign anyone questions need to be asked.  

Maybe he can’t due to his budget or is it because he is happy with things?

If he is happy with the squad I think it’s time for a change.

He has been asked questions about bringing in other players but, with the exception of another midfielder, he's happy with his lot. Don't expect many goals this season.

jimmy the jambo
34 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Naismith hasn’t kicked a football since February so I’m not expecting many fireworks in his first 5-10 games

The good news he has actually been kicking a ball in the past few weeks,Albeit he might not be match sharp (but who is given the recent games).

I have it on good authority he’s played 4 x 30 minutes in various games at Riccarton & he’s definitely ready for next Sunday.

I’m very concerned that all our eggs, again appear to currently be in the Naismith basket.

A further injury away from the pathetic results post Jan.

Least enthusiastic I think I’ve been post admin

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

Thoughts?

I have to disagree, I was pretty crap at football but never during my time did the manager get the blame for us playing shite. Players get managers the sack

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We really do need another thread on this subject.

I don't think it's ever been discussed before.

Surely if this is another thread on this subject, it obviously has been discussed before! 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Catchup for months. Another excuse for Levein to spoon feed us.

1 hour ago, jimmy the jambo said:

The good news he has actually been kicking a ball in the past few weeks,Albeit he might not be match sharp (but who is given the recent games).

I have it on good authority he’s played 4 x 30 minutes in various games at Riccarton & he’s definitely ready for next Sunday.

Playing friendly on Monday as trialist. 

50 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m very concerned that all our eggs, again appear to currently be in the Naismith basket.

A further injury away from the pathetic results post Jan.

Least enthusiastic I think I’ve been post admin

They are not. Expecting two signings as well as Naismith, maybe more depending on who is available on 9 August and 2 Sept. 

22 minutes ago, sac said:

I have to disagree, I was pretty crap at football but never during my time did the manager get the blame for us playing shite. Players get managers the sack

Scottish psyche = the boss is always to blame. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely and despite what many on here suggest, Leven isnt stupid enough to think he will be firing 100% next week. If anyone knows about coming back from serious long-term injuries it’s Levein. 

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Utter nonsense that we are so beholden to a player in the Autumn of his career with dodgy knees. 

What do you suggest? We don't sign him? We sure as hell can't afford any more like him.

No, of course I would rather we had him. The question is whether we have blown too much of our budget on Naismith leaving us unable to sign what we really need. A central midfield. 

4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Utter nonsense that we are so beholden to a player in the Autumn of his career with dodgy knees. 

This. As good as he is, would anyone put money on him playing more than half the games?

Hot off the press, Naismith actually has 3 bad knees and has decided to sign for East Fife instead................bummer!!!