Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Presumably he can't sign till out if contract so nothing really to announce till then.

Summer is technically only a few weeks away 

Surely he can sign a Pre-contract just to settle those among us from panicking ??

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

So would any other club in Scotland that wanted him and that he asked that question of.

Dont you get the point?

The point is it’s not because Levein is a good manager that he has signed. 

Inch Hearts
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

I wonder how long he will want. make it happen Hearts.

If you aren’t trolling - based on what? 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

If you aren’t trolling - based on what? 

Shit, sorry I was trolling and I've just noticed that is against the forum rules. Won't happen again.

Blackshades

Does it really matter if he signs a pre contract players have signed them before then wriggled out of them as I don't think the are a legal document

Edited by Blackshades

45 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The point is it’s not because Levein is a good manager that he has signed. 

He wouldn’t sign for a manager that he thought was a dud I suspect. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

BBC now saying it will be announced in the summer.  I dont know the rules but is there a restriction on announcing the signing of another team's player?

I'm at a loss here and frustrated.

We announced that Halkett was joining us at the end of the season so why is it any different for Naismith. Both out of contract at the end of the season so can sign pre contract agreements I would have thought.

I am sure someone will correct me if that is wrong.

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He wouldn’t sign for a manager that he thought was a dud I suspect. 

Certainly a perfectly sensible way to look at things. I would doubt Steven Naismith thinks Craig Levein is a dud, but I would imagine he also knows Craig isn't going to be around an awful lot longer, and may have taken that into account when deciding. There was a video online where he said things were basically all done and dusted, other than a few dots and crosses to be completed, and he saw his future here in terms of a number of years. I'd imagine a part of him signing on at Tynecastle will revolve around how he is used in a coaching capacity once he decides that he has reached the end playing wise. I still believe that if he wants the job he will become our head coach one day, but I also think he is wise enough to realise that there is still some learning to be done on that side. And if the discussions with Craig have gone well then he isn't going to come out and say anything differently.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We announced that Halkett was joining us at the end of the season so why is it any different for Naismith. Both out of contract at the end of the season so can sign pre contract agreements I would have thought.

Very good point.  As an aside, delighted to learn that he is only 32.  I had thought he was around 35.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Certainly a perfectly sensible way to look at things. I would doubt Steven Naismith thinks Craig Levein is a dud, but I would imagine he also knows Craig isn't going to be around an awful lot longer, and may have taken that into account when deciding. There was a video online where he said things were basically all done and dusted, other than a few dots and crosses to be completed, and he saw his future here in terms of a number of years. I'd imagine a part of him signing on at Tynecastle will revolve around how he is used in a coaching capacity once he decides that he has reached the end playing wise. I still believe that if he wants the job he will become our head coach one day, but I also think he is wise enough to realise that there is still some learning to be done on that side. And if the discussions with Craig have gone well then he isn't going to come out and say anything differently.

I agree. I’d be surprised if Naismith doesn’t know the planned coaching set-up for the next two to three years and where he eventually fits into it. He wants to play for at least three more years if he can and I’d expect him to start/finish coaching badges during that period. 

Edited by soonbe110

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A fit Naismith is a huge asset. An injured Naismith is pointless waste of money. Its a lottery.

Depends on how much value is placed on his potential as a coach/manager. Could be a very inexpensive way of developing your next head coach. 

My guess is the delay is because it’s not a straightforward playing only deal.

Player/Coach and part of the backroom staff to a new management team hopefully.

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Cross border may have something to do with it, I dont know. 

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree. I’d be surprised if Naismith doesn’t know the coaching set-up for the next two to three years and where he eventually fits into it. He wants to play gif at least three more years if he can and I’d expect him to start/finish coaching badges during that period. 

I know he's got some of his badges just now but haven't got a scooby how many he needs and how many are outstanding in terms of officially being allowed to be classed as a qualified coach if you like. Some one above has said there is an element of risk in terms of him playing, and I'd guess there is an element of risk irrespective of who the player is. However, I'd also imagine that if there are short periods he is out of the side then during those the club will make more use of him in a coaching sense. You could see it in every match he played for us this season and last, just how much information he gives to other players and how much they want. Actually coaching off the park will be a bit different, but he has to learn somewhere, and why not at Riccarton.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Are you for real Al? Perhaps the manager and his various band of clip board carrying, ear plug wearing coaches could devote some time at Riccarton to teaching some of our other midfielders to pass and move, to pass between the lines, to encourage our wingers to hit the byeline rather than cut inside. But hey, I'm not paid a shed load of money to come up with ideas like that. He shouldn't need a crystal ball to know that by signing players like Uche, who has had several ops over the last few years, Aidy White and Naismith, that there is a chance they will be injured at some point . Failing that, he could phone one of the other managers in the top 6 and ask how they all coped with losing several key players through injury or transfers, at various points in the season.

I have doubts that you're for real - as a Hearts supporter anyway.

As for the rest of the guff you've posted that hardly constitutes a plan.  Just a stupid anti-Hearts rant.

Despite that, I have deduced that we should not sign any player who has had past injuries and presumably we should not be signing Naisy again.  I suspect you're well in the minority there unless we have a load of sniff- sniffers on the board.  Know what I mean?

I could just imagine CL phoning up Rangers

HI Slippy,

I've got an injury crisis here.  What do I do?  

or phoning Hibs

Hello Paul

It's your good friend Craig from along the road.  I've had a lot of injuries at the same.  How the Heck do I restore the natural order?

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cross border may have something to do with it, I dont know. 

Or the fact he is currently on loan to us although not playing as we all know.

We announced the signing of Olly Lee in May last year.....he wasn’t officially out of contract at that time.

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have doubts that you're for real - as a Hearts supporter anyway.

As for the rest of the guff you've posted that hardly constitutes a plan.  Just a stupid anti-Hearts rant.

Despite that, I have deduced that we should not sign any player who has had past injuries and presumably we should not be signing Naisy again.  I suspect you're well in the minority there unless we have a load of sniff- sniffers on the board.  Know what I mean?

I could just imagine CL phoning up Rangers

HI Slippy,

I've got an injury crisis here.  What do I do?  

or phoning Hibs

Hello Paul

It's your good friend Craig from along the road.  I've had a lot of injuries at the same.  How the Heck do I restore the natural order?

What a pile of garbage .  Name me one part of the post that is anti Hearts. You just bash on and make every excuse in the book for your hero Levein and his merry band of coaches. I appreciate that CL is distinctly under qualified to practice rocket science but, you know what, if you sign injury prone players there is always the  chance of a recurrence.  Finally, FYI, the last part of my post was a joke, although evidently not very funny as it sailed right over your head.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What a pile of garbage .  Name me one part of the post that is anti Hearts. You just bash on and make every excuse in the book for your hero Levein and his merry band of coaches. I appreciate that CL is distinctly under qualified to practice rocket science but, you know what, if you sign injury prone players there is always the  chance of a recurrence.  Finally, FYI, the last part of my post was a joke, although evidently not very funny as it sailed right over your head.

I thought for a minute you were going to come back with a Plan B.

Should we be signing Naismith or not?

You're right.  It wasn't funny.

Edited by JamboAl

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

you rascal. 

Me? 

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I wonder how long he will want. make it happen Hearts.

The longer the better...... 

2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

This :thumbsup:

Be amaze balls, m8. 

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I thought for a minute you were going to come back with a Plan B.

Should we be signing Naismith or not?

You're right.  It wasn't funny.

No, I'm just going to mope, mumble and mutter like your pal Levein. I've given you my Plan B  - employ a competent manager that can bring in his own coaches that can train, coach, prepare and organise us effectively . 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, I'm just going to mope, mumble and mutter like your pal Levein. I've given you my Plan B  - employ a competent manager that can bring in his own coaches that can train, coach, prepare and organise us effectively . 

You mean like we were until the spine of our team was ripped out for months Enzo? 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

You mean like we were until the spine of our team was ripped out for months Enzo? 

No, I don't mean that Rudolf

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

If injuries are the justification for us finishing 6th and below Budge's own benchmark of 4th, why do you think a lot of fans don't accept that justification and want a change? Why do you think they can't see what you do?

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yo, I'm just going to mope, mumble and mutter like your pal Levein. I've given you my Plan B  - employ a competent manager that can bring in his own coaches that can train, coach, prepare and organise us effectively . 

The point was whether CL had a Plan B to put into practice - past tense.  No one is remotely interested in your negative anti-CL thoughts in this context.

You will be aware there are other threads on that subject - you don't have to infest every thread. Bye!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If injuries are the justification for us finishing 6th and below Budge's own benchmark of 4th, why do you think a lot of fans don't accept that justification and want a change? Why do you think they can't see what you do?

To answer your question. 

We are in a final. 

If we win it.. Sacking a manager who has given us only our 4th trophy in 55 years could be seen as harsh. 

Do you agree? 

Just as you say some can't see your point,  can you explain why you can't see the above  view, the view that CL should get the final and any manager change should happen in the summer. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

To answer your question. 

We are in a final. 

If we win it.. Sacking a manager who has given us only our 4th trophy in 55 years could be seen as harsh. 

Do you agree? 

Just as you say some can't see your point,  can you explain why you can't see the above  view, the view that CL should get the final and any manager change should happen in the summer. 

Correct, it would be harsh and to me it is the only way he can save his job.

And it wasn't my point, if you read again.

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There’s a vocal minority hate Levein. 

Quite simple really Geoff. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Rudolf said:

There’s a vocal minority hate Levein. 

Quite simple really Geoff. 

So vocal that it is flowing through to season ticket sales?

As I say, to me he can only save his job by winning the cup.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The point was whether CL had a Plan B to put into practice - past tense.  No one is remotely interested in your negative anti-CL thoughts in this context.

You will be aware there are other threads on that subject - you don't have to infest every thread. Bye!

No one is interested in your laughable defence of the pish football we have been subjected to this season. Your posts are continual drivel

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct, it would be harsh and to me it is the only way he can save his job.

And it wasn't my point, if you read again.

Yeah, I know I meant the general CL is shite, out now mentality types.  Not saying your are. ?

The possible down side of sacking the manager now and trying to find a replacement far out ways any positives. 

This has been true all season since Jan. 

Imo, even after a cup win I'd put CL's position in jepordy. Sixth isn't good enough. Simple. 

However, I have no idea what  the player backing is like, his influence, his future plans and the general feeling around the camp. 

Souttar, Haring, Naismith, Uche signing along with Halkett indicates the players believe in the medium term vision at the very  least, this would be my biggest consideration in replacing CL. 

Along with, who replaces him. 

If an outstanding candidate came within reach, then I think it would sway it. 

For me that's a coach, Likley with a good pedigree in England. 

But I don't believe the names posters are putting about are very good, and would ultimately upset the building blocks in place already. 

Do more damage than good. 

The Robbie to Cathro change should be warning. 

That's a cup win or not, imo. 

Also, any change will not happen within the next two weeks... So we'd be better getting behind the club for the final and put the  plans to wreck the rheble treble treble in place. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So vocal that it is flowing through to season ticket sales?

As I say, to me he can only save his job by winning the cup.

I seem to remember you wanted him sacked if we didn’t beat Hibs in December. 

Could you enlighten me on season ticket sales so far as I haven’t seen any announcement from the club?

i do know that the 12 in our group have all renewed though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah, I know I meant the general CL is shite, out now mentality types.  Not saying your are. ?

The possible down side of sacking the manager now and trying to find a replacement far out ways any positives. 

This has been true all season since Jan. 

Imo, even after a cup win I'd put CL's position in jepordy. Sixth isn't good enough. Simple. 

However, I have no idea what  the player backing is like, his influence, his future plans and the general feeling around the camp. 

Souttar, Haring, Naismith, Uche signing along with Halkett indicates the players believe in the medium term vision at the very  least, this would be my biggest consideration in replacing CL. 

Along with, who replaces him. 

If an outstanding candidate came within reach, then I think it would sway it. 

For me that's a coach, Likley with a good pedigree in England. 

But I don't believe the names posters are putting about are very good, and would ultimately upset the building blocks in place already. 

Do more damage than good. 

The Robbie to Cathro change should be warning. 

That's a cup win or not, imo. 

Also, any change will not happen within the next two weeks... So we'd be better getting behind the club for the final and put the  plans to wreck the rheble treble treble in place. 

That's the problem with this place. I don't believe any Hearts fan on here is not behind the club. So many people project criticism on here as what occurs in the ground from the same people. The reality is just a little bit different.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Rudolf said:

I seem to remember you wanted him sacked if we didn’t beat Hibs in December. 

Could you enlighten me on season ticket sales so far as I haven’t seen any announcement from the club?

i do know that the 12 in our group have all renewed though. 

I can't recall saying that at all.

There hasn't been any announcement from the club. I'm basing the sales from posters on here who I know are well connected to people who converse with people at the club (not sure if they have posted on this thread so I won't mention him).

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's the problem with this place. I don't believe any Hearts fan on here is not behind the club. So many people project criticism on here as what occurs in the ground from the same people. The reality is just a little bit different.

Dunno, some have wanted Hearts beat of hibs, some have been very personal in their attacks of certain HMFC people. 

Also, the tone of some posters  comments, along with the pure volume of negative posts hint that some are quite happy to see the club fail as it proves that they've been right all along and CL is a loser, etc. 

Folk will argue semantics, but communication is only about 30% verbal (words), tone, meaning, context make up the rest and I believe there will be folk posting on here, even through the final that the want CL gone. 

Anyway, I know you want  Hearts win. 

Here's hoping ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

11 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

No one is interested in your laughable defence of the pish football we have been subjected to this season. Your posts are continual drivel

Put me on ignore

or

you could even make a meaningful contribution to the topic.  Oh no, that might be a little brain taxing.

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Put me on ignore

or

you could even make a meaningful contribution to the topic.  Oh no, that might be a little brain taxing.

Like your meaningful contributions aye? Sweep sweep, no criticism of Hearts management/coaching accepted no matter what. 

Edited by HMFC 86

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Like your meaningful contributions aye? Sweep sweep, no criticism of Hearts management/coaching accepted no matter what. 

I have made many criticisms but obviously you missed them in your eagerness to criticise.

But

This is not a thread about me - it's about Naismith.

What are your views re SN?

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I can't recall saying that at all.

There hasn't been any announcement from the club. I'm basing the sales from posters on here who I know are well connected to people who converse with people at the club (not sure if they have posted on this thread so I won't mention him).

If season ticket sales are slow there are other factors such as the expense of the last month or so coupled with the delay in getting a new company to handle payment by instalments.

The renewal period was also extended for a month 

all perfectly reasonable assumptions for slower sales but you blame it all on Levein.

Time will tell I suppose.  

GorgieRules22

I’d imagine the Naismith signing will be announced on the same day the finance is put in place for the season tickets.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have made many criticisms but obviously you missed them in your eagerness to criticise.

But

This is not a thread about me - it's about Naismith.

What are your views re SN?

Disagree, not seen many, if any, criticisms from you, only a catalogue of excuses.

On the subject at hand, i’m pleased that it appears that Naysmith will sign a permanent contract. He has been a fantastic player for us when fit. Just need to continue to overhaul and improve the squad, no matter who the manager will be

Edited by HMFC 86

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Naismith is a decent player at this stage of his career, no more no less. We need to guard against relying too much on him and actually get better quality players around him. I don't think he is some sort of messiah that a few are making him out to be. His opinion on Levein is irrelevant to me as he will be judged by results on the park.

I know Fife's said to stand for 'feckin idiots, feckin everywhere', but this takes the biscuit!!!!

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Disagree, not seen many, if any, criticisms from you, only a catalogue of excuses.

On the subject at hand, i’m pleased that it appears that Naysmith will sign a permanent contract. He has been a fantastic player for us when fit. Just need to continue to overhaul and improve the squad, no matter who the manager will be

Or relevant factors!

CL has already signed Halkett and (presumably) Naismith and has said that he is hoping to bring in 3 or 4 players with an upgrade in quality.  If successful, that should improve the squad, whoever is manager.

Assuming Levein stays another year and Naismith plays another year and we decide to do the succession thing.

Season 2020/21:

Daly - Head Coach

McPhee - Assistant

Kirk - Assistant

Naismith - U-20s Manager

Could happen

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Its only his opinion.

Feel free to disagree although the thread is about Steven Naismith which is a good news story.

Plenty of other threads for Levein bashing.

Why do people feel the need to look on the dark side all the time.