Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Levein was our only potentially world class player in my 50 years of watching HMFC. Can’t think of any outfield player that comes close to his ability.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Lord Beni of Gorgie
50 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Of course he was he was exceptional!

How does it make him a legend though? How does hes legendary status compare with say Gary Locke or Steven Pressley?  Well off topic I know. 

Not sure what defines one to be honest. Very subjective 

Bindy Badgy
On 01/05/2019 at 08:09, TheBigO said:

I’ve heard Gordon pretty miffed as he turned down massive money

to be nbr 2 at Chelsea as was promised top spot at Celtic (and therefore prob Scotland) only to be bumped shortly after by Brenda for Scott Bain.

How true that is or how deep his resentment runs I don’t know.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea had wanted him due to the number of errors he made playing in Europe for Celtic.

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure what defines one to be honest. Very subjective 

Yeah that’s what I was kind of getting at.  Robbo and Rudi are modern day legends the rest as you say are subjective.  Craig Gordon? Won the cup was amazing for us left us for a club transfer record and on and on. 

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, Long Tall Sally said:

In my top 3 of best players I’ve seen at the club.

People pouring scorn on his ability/status never seen him imo.

A wonderful football player.

His partnership with McPherson was excellent and who knows how far he would have gotten in the game if injury hadn’t robbed him of his chance. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Could split Levein and McLaren with a fag paper imo. 

I thought McLaren was a brilliant defender but Levein was the one that would have played at a higher level barring knee injuries. 

Unknown user

McLaren was quality, but not even his old mum honestly thinks he was that good. 

Really! If you think that you obviously didn’t watch them playing. 

2 hours ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Had good times in first spell mainly in Europe (Bordeaux, braga) still played same football as he tries now. Let’s not forget him ‘falling ill’ on biggest match in 86 . Great player yes I agree but not as big a hearts man in my opinion as people want to believe

YAWN

5 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Sacking a club legend may improve your morale but I suspect you don't speak for everybody. 

No I don't speak for everybody however, I will be delighted when our club legend either decides to do the honourable thing or is sacked.

Just for the record, I will also be ecstatic if we win the cup and Levein leaves the club as a Scottish Cup winning manager.

Thanks for your reply.

3 hours ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Had good times in first spell mainly in Europe (Bordeaux, braga) still played same football as he tries now. Let’s not forget him ‘falling ill’ on biggest match in 86 . Great player yes I agree but not as big a hearts man in my opinion as people want to believe

Your inverted commas imply that he wasn’t ill. There was a stomach bug going round. Of course he was ill. Not this again. Unbelievable. Also defamatory.

Ask yourself why anyone would feign illness on what would almost certainly be the biggest day of their footballing life.

You compound this by suggesting it showed he’s not much of a Hearts man. Did you ever see him play? 

dhalljambo15
28 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Your inverted commas imply that he wasn’t ill. There was a stomach bug going round. Of course he was ill. Not this again. Unbelievable. Also defamatory.

Ask yourself why anyone would feign illness on what would almost certainly be the biggest day of their footballing life.

You compound this by suggesting it showed he’s not much of a Hearts man. Did you ever see him play? 

I was there in 86 mate. All I’m getting at home s if he was as big a hearts man as you clearly think he is he’d have fell on his sword by now and walked away. Can’t remember ever feeling so negative about hearts that I do under Levein right now.

Just now, dhalljambo15 said:

I was there in 86 mate. All I’m getting at home s if he was as big a hearts man as you clearly think he is he’d have fell on his sword by now and walked away. Can’t remember ever feeling so negative about hearts that I do under Levein right now.

But why suggest he wasn’t actually ill? Simply bizarre.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

McLaren was fantastic defender but not in same league as levein ! Levein was the complete central defender , good in the air , hard as nails in the tackle , had pace to burn , 2 footed and was so composed on the ball ! He had the vision of a midfield playmaker 

And chipped in with important goals 

pettigrewsstylist

Arguing about CL and legend status and then mentioning Pressley and Gordon in same breath. Wow.

21 starts in 22. Ill leave it right there!!

Inch Hearts

Naismith is signing a new deal according to a couple of messages I got from tonight. Confirmed at the awards. ?

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Naismith is signing a new deal according to a couple of messages I got from tonight. Confirmed at the awards. ?

The sun has him saying at the award ceremony that he hasn't signed anything yet but its inevitable he will be back next season.

What was this awards presentation then?  Was it the Evening News hibs goalie award?  If so, why was Naismith there?

Battling depression here.  Our morning paper says the proclaimers gave a knock-out concert in wellington last night.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What was this awards presentation then?  Was it the Evening News hibs goalie award?  If so, why was Naismith there?

Battling depression here.  Our morning paper says the proclaimers gave a knock-out concert in wellington last night.

Hearts player of the year awards.

Inch Hearts
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The sun has him saying at the award ceremony that he hasn't signed anything yet but its inevitable he will be back next season.

Perfect ? 

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hearts player of the year awards.

Embarrassed.  Missed the thread.  What a pillock.

That's what having the proclaimers here does to you.

Just read the Sun article and it has Naismith in quotes.

Brilliant.

Says he is likely to miss the final.  Hopefully that's all mind games.

Also hope there was a good turnout for the awards and everyone was in high spirits.

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Hercules said:

A Hearts legend ? You’re deliberately at it ??

Craig Levein isn’t a Hearts legend?????

:cornette:

Gie yersel peace ya slaver, clearly never witnessed him play for us if you think that. 

38 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Naisy must think CL is a good manager as do Haring, Uche and Halkett.

It should have been ten
On 08/05/2019 at 15:30, Sid said:

The back up plan was

1. keep Lafferty unless we get a replacement which we were stitched up on and lost Lafferty with no time to replace at that guaranteed level when Vanecek deal got delayed. 

2. Bring in Uche - but he gets injured

3. Mitchell will create more down wing - but he didn’t and got injured and went home 

4. If we need to, we can keep out goals, But Berra got injured. But Souttar got injured.

5. That’s ok. We’ve got Dunne. But he got injured and went home

6. Vanecek arriving January. Proven current scorer in similar level league - but he went on the lash and hasn’t recovered. 

7. Midfield creativity from Haring and Djoum has not materialised. Haring hernia all year. Djoum hot and cold. 

While hindsight says we should have known proven players would not perform as expected and we would have multiple over-lapping long-term injuries in key positions, we don’t have hindsight (or a massive budget for “just in case we lose our 4th choice centre half” planning) so it’s been a tough year to manage.

Bringing in “one or two” spare Naismith’s is far beyond our budget - as some have noted - he is above our budget!

Doesn’t matter how much you hate Levein, with what has happened to us, we would have performed below our target whoever was in charge but keep laying every bit of it on his doorstep. 

Excellent post, well put.

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

McLaren couldn't lace Craig levein boots 

100% spot on. 

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just confirmed you know very little. 

Think he’s confirmed that in numerous posts mate. He’s one of the biggest mouth foamers on KB :lol:

51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Typo, it was a cock-out concert.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Tough decision,if you only  had one wellington,which proclaimer would you chuck it at?

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Plenty Hobbits in Wellington to keep the mutants interested.

26 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Plenty Hobbits in Wellington to keep the mutants interested.

Should that have had a question mark after it?  I hope so.

Wellington is a sophisticated city.  Centre of government.  Hardly any sheep.  No serious narcotics problem.  Dont think our friends would like it.

I like to think that not one of our great friends live in the city and I'd hate to be proven wrong.

On the subject of Levein, whenever I'm back in Edinburgh and talking to Jambos about their favourite players, the constant refrain is Robbo and Levein.

Says it all to me.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Should that have had a question mark after it?  I hope so.

Wellington is a sophisticated city.  Centre of government.  Hardly any sheep.  No serious narcotics problem.  Dont think our friends would like it.

I like to think that not one of our great friends live in the city and I'd hate to be proven wrong.

On the subject of Levein, whenever I'm back in Edinburgh and talking to Jambos about their favourite players, the constant refrain is Robbo and Levein.

Says it all to me.

image.png.a15226d732336540701950779e064684.png

image.png.e6184ae923636d8947a369a2f770f697.png

The local team are even sponsored by the wee feckers :D

image.png.69c83c2d10539f74103ba10ccb258081.png

Unknown user
8 hours ago, dhalljambo15 said:

So what if you were there in 86?

Do you think Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine were such a weak human beings that they let Levein away with a fake illness for the biggest game of his career and continued to rely on him, give him contracts, hand him the captaincy?

Bull. Shit.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I was at V fest years ago, early on first morning drizzling with rain, only a few dozen folk watching the opening band, the specky gruesome twosome. I stood straight in front of them with a 5-1 held high. Missus said i was being a pratt but when they eventually caved in and half way through Sunshine on Leith, one lent over and shouted "will you piss of ya jambo *****" i was elated. Small things but tickled me??

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So what if you were there in 86?

Do you think Alex McDonald and Sandy Jardine were such a weak human beings that they let Levein away with a fake illness for the biggest game of his career and continued to rely on him, give him contracts, hand him the captaincy?

Bull. Shit.

It's sad that some still try to perpetuate the myth that Levein was not Ill that day. You tend to find that the posters who come away with that crap are the ones who persistently post negative stuff about the team and the club generally. Some of them quite obviously are on here at every turn sowing the seeds of division.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It's sad that some still try to perpetuate the myth that Levein was not Ill that day. You tend to find that the posters who come away with that crap are the ones who persistently post negative stuff about the team and the club generally. Some of them quite obviously are on here at every turn sowing the seeds of division.

Does my head in! Robbo was actually there, JC was actually there, they both think the world of big Craig and have been mates for decades now. Those intelligent, decent,  human beings with personal knowledge of the situation know and trust him. 

But some boy from danderhall kens better?

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Naisy must think CL is a good manager as do Haring, Uche and Halkett.

I wish goals scored, goal difference, performances, away record, style of play and league table suggested he was a good manager 

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

Plenty Hobbits in Wellingtons to keep the mutants interested.

That's because they can't tie their own laces.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Does my head in! Robbo was actually there, JC was actually there, they both think the world of big Craig and have been mates for decades now. Those intelligent, decent,  human beings with personal knowledge of the situation know and trust him. 

This boy from Danderhall kens better too and you are spot on.

On 08/05/2019 at 16:30, Sid said:

The back up plan was

1. keep Lafferty unless we get a replacement which we were stitched up on and lost Lafferty with no time to replace at that guaranteed level when Vanecek deal got delayed. 

2. Bring in Uche - but he gets injured

3. Mitchell will create more down wing - but he didn’t and got injured and went home 

4. If we need to, we can keep out goals, But Berra got injured. But Souttar got injured.

5. That’s ok. We’ve got Dunne. But he got injured and went home. 

6. Vanecek arriving January. Proven current scorer in similar level league - but he went on the lash and hasn’t recovered. 

7. Midfield creativity from Haring and Djoum has not materialised. Haring hernia all year. Djoum hot and cold. 

While hindsight says we should have known proven players would not perform as expected and we would have multiple over-lapping long-term injuries in key positions, we don’t have hindsight (or a massive budget for “just in case we lose our 4th choice centre half” planning) so it’s been a tough year to manage.

Bringing in “one or two” spare Naismith’s is far beyond our budget - as some have noted - he is above our budget!

Doesn’t matter how much you hate Levein, with what has happened to us, we would have performed below our target whoever was in charge but keep laying every bit of it on his doorstep. 

+1

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Wasn’t the initial tale told by self appointed Mr. Hearts(Gary Mackay) in his book? Absolute cock of a man.

Edited by droid

Had a wee chat with Naisy last night at the awards. Uche went home with a stomach bug 

He's signing, seemed to genuinely love the club 

Great night 

ford donald

I was told weeks ago he was staying,the right contract for him,was the hold up,several choices seemingly.

7 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Craig Levein isn’t a Hearts legend?????

:cornette:

Gie yersel peace ya slaver, clearly never witnessed him play for us if you think that. 

Slaver ??. Brilliant. Followed Hearts before he was there. If you think he’s up there with the Trio, Robbo and Gary Mackay, to name but a few, May I suggest you stay off the zombie drug known as spice. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Hercules said:

Slaver ??. Brilliant. Followed Hearts before he was there. If you think he’s up there with the Trio, Robbo and Gary Mackay, to name but a few, May I suggest you stay off the zombie drug known as spice. 

I'd say he's the best Hearts defender in the last 35 years. Maybe even longer but that's all I remember. 

That's pretty legendary! 

On 08/05/2019 at 14:00, Le Chat said:

Remember the season after we won the cup in 1998?

Started pretty well then Colin Cameron got injured.  We then plummeted until we were in real danger with circa 10 games to go.  Cameron then came back and we started playing again, finishing really strong.

This season isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time, that injury to a really important part of the team affects it really badly.

And we had a much better squad back then, meaning that losing 1 player shouldn't have affected us a badly as it has done this season (with a worse squad).

A very fair point and also - arguably - his injury the season before stopped our charge for the league.

We also had ourselves unbelievably in the rnuning until Kyle got injured a few years back - that is more speculative as we really weren’t good enough to win the league but with him injured we did shite for almost almost all of the rest of the season.

And anyone says that Rudi didn’t carry us for Sergio’s season with us is basically lying. We were just lucky he didn’t get injured or we would not have won that cup.

Edited by Jammy T

On 08/05/2019 at 22:23, OTT said:

The Czech club wanted far more than he was worth. Can't blame Levein for wanting to wait. What I can and will blame Levein for is failing to secure another Striker. Neither Maclean or Wighton are anything close to Uche. Every Levein team has an 'Uche'. To not have back up was a needlessly ****ing stupid risk to take. I hate to say it, but Sammon as back up might have just about got us through :D (In terms of having a striker where the ball will stick). He's shite but thats an indictment of our team atm. 

But ironically - in direct opposition to your post - MacLean started the season excellently. He only fell away when the core of the team got ****ed and he didn’t have the same quality supporting him.

Anyone that doesn’t think our ridiculous bad luck with that injuries to all our key players this season has not correlation to how the season has planned out is nuts.