Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

My gut feeling is he won’t make the final, but they will announce his permanent signing before the final, to sort of counter balance, and still give the fans some good news, so were not on a downer. 

I think if they risk him and he breaks down like Murrayfield, it will really deflate us. We all knew when he went off, the whole support went totally flat, as we knew our chance had gone. 

Going in with several injury doubts, means it might not be worth the risk. If Djoum, Uche, Haring were fully fit, I think they might risk him, but all 3 or 4 could potentially break down, and then we would be donald ducked. 

4 minutes ago, daftie said:

My gut feeling is he won’t make the final, but they will announce his permanent signing before the final, to sort of counter balance, and still give the fans some good news, so were not on a downer. 

I think if they risk him and he breaks down like Murrayfield, it will really deflate us. We all knew when he went off, the whole support went totally flat, as we knew our chance had gone. 

Going in with several injury doubts, means it might not be worth the risk. If Djoum, Uche, Haring were fully fit, I think they might risk him, but all 3 or 4 could potentially break down, and then we would be donald ducked. 

We won’t announce him before the final. 

He will sign but think we could be waiting a while for it to be official. And it won’t be as player manager! 

8 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He was meant to play in a bounce game last Wednesday but is having problems with his hamstring. No idea about any bounce game today as the team are up in St Andrews.

At Dundee United's training ground :whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Something on Twitter they have something up their sleeves this week. Could be pish

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

He will sign but think we could be waiting a while for it to be official. And it won’t be as player manager! 

I wouldn't be surprised if he is announced as a player/coach rather than player/manager. I'd love to see someone like him eventually become our manager, but for another season or so I'd prefer him to focus on playing football primarily and helping with the coaching. He has the sort of attitude we need, a winning mentality, no fear of any opposition.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Something on Twitter they have something up their sleeves this week. Could be pish

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

?

Only got half a story.  Could be anything 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Only got half a story.  Could be anything 

Where about on Twitter is this mentioned. Always interested to see the original tweet

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pretty sure it's to do with some sort of display.

jamboinglasgow

If rumours are true that there is any change in the coaching set up for next season, and n

Naismith is player coach/manager then I would not expect any announcement till at least next week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Pretty sure it's to do with some sort of display.

Having checked myself yes. Sorry did say it could be pish and that's exactly what it is  :lol:

I just think Aidy White might be the rabbit out the hat. Were struggling left back. Bobby would get ripped apart. 

Theres probably more chance of White playing than Naismith. 

Has it ever happened before that one of our players has got less chance of being a player in our next match than he has of being the manager in the one after that?

48 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Hiding behind a tree . Saw him though,

Spying out the window while Haring spoke to the papers too :lol:

It's pretty impressive that despite all the speculation no one knows for sure what our team will be on Saturday or who our management team will be next season.

30 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

?

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

It's pretty impressive that despite all the speculation no one knows for sure what our team will be on Saturday or who our management team will be next season.

Pretty sure some people know both

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Kilmarnock are looking for a manager.....

.....just saying 

You throwing your hat in the ring? 

30 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

It's the weirdest build-up to a cup final I can remember, that's for sure. I thought Sergio got it right in the EN, play whoever is fit and up for it, even if that means dropping a couple of youngsters in.

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Kilmarnock are looking for a manager.....

.....just saying 

Probably a more realistic shout as player-manager. Hope not.

FarmerTweedy
On 16/05/2019 at 07:26, portobellojambo1 said:

In football, as in all other circles of life, you have people who make the most of what they earn, but they are often outnumbered by wasters. In terms of relativelt recent arrivals at Tynecastle certainly a couple have invested wisely, whereas one who left us early in the season had invested poorly, got some help from us but has reverted to bad habits and ended up deep in the shit again. The two wise investors were/are Steven Naismith and Christophe Berra, who are made for life through their investments. What they now earn in football terms is little more than pocket money, when they were making good money they made it work for them and now find themselves with very extensive property portfolios, big money makers. I've not been tracking things but he recently invested in the construction of his own property, i.e. somewhere for he and his family to live, and that involved small change of around £1.5 million being used. He did that as his future is here in Scotland, more specifically Ayrshire, where his roots are. His next step once he finishes playing will be into coaching. From speaking to a few of the players and from watching him while he is on the park for us I suspect he is going to be very good in that role, and for that reason I'm delighted that he has decided that he sees his future, and the phrase he used in a recent interview was a number of years., at Tynecastle and I hope that in the not too distant future we have the pleasure of seeing what he can bring to this club as a coach as well, if you want to win and compete you need winners in place to do so and he certainly falls into that category.

I did the exact same.  Well, I say the exact same, it didn't quite cost £1.5m. And I guess it wasn't to live in. Ok, it was a garden shed!

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably a more realistic shout as player-manager. Hope not.

Would be very surprised if he ended up as Killie player Manager

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I did the exact same.  Well, I say the exact same, it didn't quite cost £1.5m. And I guess it wasn't to live in. Ok, it was a garden shed!

The Shed !  :wub:   In your garden !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Would be very surprised if he ended up as Killie player Manager

51 minutes ago, sadj said:

You throwing your hat in the ring? 

No way am I going to Killie. Wouldn't get out of bed for their money. 

Gordon's playing a blinder on Twitter today though 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Crete said:

You think we are trying to sign messi the time it is taking.

I think he will go to Killie as there manager.

Can't be registered on a full contract until next month anyhow. 

However can't possibly imagine what we have been pre occupied with the past 2 weeks 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Can't be registered on a full contract until next month anyhow. 

However can't possibly imagine what we have been pre occupied with the past 2 weeks 

And I think there is some financial benefits of not signing too early based on a payment released/unattached players get, which is why it won’t be anytime soon.

What could speed it up is if we win the cup and need him for Europe. But as a free agent he will be able to train where he wants, which means even if not sorted on paper by time players back he can still train with us and do pre season and sign when it’s ‘right’ to do it.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No way am I going to Killie. Wouldn't get out of bed for their money. 

Gordon's playing a blinder on Twitter today though 

Is it the travel that would put you off I mean for their money its a hell of a drive. Could get the Aberdeen job if rumours are true least then you have a hell of an annual wage.

Whats Gordon upto? Not been on twitter today. Life is so peaceful when there isn’t trolls , liars and brainwashed cults messaging you ?

Edited by sadj

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

And I think there is some financial benefits of not signing too early based on a payment released/unattached players get, which is why it won’t be anytime soon.

What could speed it up is if we win the cup and need him for Europe. But as a free agent he will be able to train where he wants, which means even if not sorted on paper by time players back he can still train with us and do pre season and sign when it’s ‘right’ to do it.

No chance the club would risk it for a few pennies saved.  He would likely feel unwanted and tell us to ram it.  Next week i think it will be concluded.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is it the travel that would put you off I mean for their money its a hell of a drive. Could get the Aberdeen job if rumours are true least then you have a hell of an annual wage

Whats the rumours on McInness? Sorry for the thread hijack.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is it the travel that would put you off I mean for their money its a hell of a drive. Could get the Aberdeen job if rumours are true least then you have a hell of an annual wage.

Whats Gordon upto? Not been on twitter today. Life is so peaceful when there isn’t trolls , liars and brainwashed cults messaging you ?

Special message for Hearts supporters. Showing a bit of disdain for our opponents and our Aberdeen chums. 

Worth a look. 

The travel isn't putting me off. They wouldn't pay me in Kilmarnock pies

:sadrobbo:

He's contracted until the end of June

He'll be officially signed 1st July though it will all be announced prior to that date

21 minutes ago, Crete said:

You think we are trying to sign messi the time it is taking.

I think he will go to Killie as there manager.

What on Earth makes you think that? ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Whats the rumours on McInness? Sorry for the thread hijack.

Training ground is late. Imagine how long the stadiums going to take. 

Believe it is keeping him busy. So much so he didn't want the Scotland job.

Preparing a field was more important 

FarmerTweedy
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

No chance the club would risk it for a few pennies saved.  He would likely feel unwanted and tell us to ram it.  Next week i think it will be concluded.

Correct. There's absolutely no question he's our number one signing target by several country miles, and we'll have done, and will continue to do, all we can to get him to sign right until he does so. To think there's any chance we'd tell him we want to sign him but not until the last possible moment before our first game of next season so we can pay him a bit less is quite frankly ludicrous! 

2 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

I think you will be waiting a bit longer than that! 

That's ok...I can wait until Thursday :D

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It’s  not the club that saves the money, it’s SN who makes money as a released player getting a payment while unattached.

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Correct. There's absolutely no question he's our number one signing target by several country miles, and we'll have done, and will continue to do, all we can to get him to sign right until he does so. To think there's any chance we'd tell him we want to sign him but not until the last possible moment before our first game of next season so we can pay him a bit less is quite frankly ludicrous! 

Thats not what I am saying at all.  And yes doing that would be ludicrous! 

I heard he's taking a coaching role with the new manager at Killie but will be signing with us in the interim.

Just now, Taffin said:

I heard he's taking a coaching role with the new manager at Killie but will be signing with us in the interim.

I've heard that man did not land on the moon which makes as much sense as your post

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Special message for Hearts supporters. Showing a bit of disdain for our opponents and our Aberdeen chums. 

Worth a look. 

The travel isn't putting me off. They wouldn't pay me in Kilmarnock pies

:sadrobbo:

Killie Pies , get into Forfar and boot out Bollan... Get paid in Bridies ??

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Training ground is late. Imagine how long the stadiums going to take. 

Believe it is keeping him busy. So much so he didn't want the Scotland job.

Preparing a field was more important 

??? ffs

I just had a dream ...... he scored the winning goal in the final ....10 minutes from time!!!

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, daftie said:

I just think Aidy White might be the rabbit out the hat. Were struggling left back. Bobby would get ripped apart. 

Theres probably more chance of White playing than Naismith. 

Nope, other way round

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What on Earth makes you think that? ?

Ignore him.

He says the first daft things that come into his head?