Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

23 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

You’re clearly on “spice” if you think Gary Mackay was anywhere near the same level. Mackay couldn’t lace Craig Levein’s boots, so aye...slaver.

This 

This 

This

This 

Gary Mackay couldn’t lace Leveins boots. That’s not up for debate. Record appearances in a Hearts Jersey makes him a club legend. Also, if he had a sore tummy in ‘86 I’m sure he would’ve played through it. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Gary Mackay couldn’t lace Leveins boots. That’s not up for debate. Record appearances in a Hearts Jersey makes him a club legend. Also, if he had a sore tummy in ‘86 I’m sure he would’ve played through it. 

Contradicting yourself now.

You'll soon soon have done a full circle☺

GorgieFifeLife
46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you not think with his moaning and cajoling he also brings out the best in players around him?

Yes he absolutely does. I think he also gets frustrated with some of the players round about him when they don't do what he thinks they should be doing.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

reports of him maybe going to st mirren apparently

Despite him saying its inevitable he'll be at hearts

good one

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Contradicting yourself now.

You'll soon soon have done a full circle☺

Am I ? In what way ?

GorgieFifeLife
44 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Naismith is no more than a decent player? what utter tripe - 2 post count sniff sniff

Had he not been injured he would have been a candidate for player of the year - just look at the stats of when he played in the team versus when he was out the team

that's not just a decent player - that's a player who's too good for this team and league

He is playing alongside a lot of poor players so he does stand out at times but his greatest influence is his experience to help those around him.

I bow down to your superior post count. Everybody joined at some point.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i said "not that many" which you appear to have translated to "no" - was that a reading or comprehension misunderstanding on ur  part?

that aside I wasn't teallly counting st mirren as a viable alternative - assuming killie out due to pitch Celtic and rangers not wanting him (doesn't even appear to be a rangers-driven media push for him) that leaves hibs and Aberdeen (unless we're counting st mirren etc)

as as far as I'm aware no reports of interest from either

= "not that many"

:)

Yeah I took that wrong, fair enough. 

The point was that we're lucky to have him on board, I really don't think his potential signing should be belittled to avoid giving Levein any brownie points.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Do Levein haters opinion of Naismith alter because he says the manager has been great with him and we have the basics in place of a good team that can push on?

Does their opinion of Levein change in any way?

If not why not?

Will JKB-ers call out Naismith as an arsehole as they do fellow JKB-ers who are supportive of Levein.

If not why not?

Lol ??

3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

most folk are called out as arseholes based on more than one opinion

naismith is unlikely to slate levein irrespective of his opinion - he also seems keen to stay in Scotland so hearts fit the bill with not that many obvious alternatives

file original post in agenda trumps detail basket

next

:)

If Levein and this Hearts squad were as bad as the loudmouths say he’d have the choice of Hibs, Aberdeen and his boyhood club Killie as choices.

He doesn’t need the money - as is so often quoted - and Aberdeen could likely outbid us in any event.

Next?

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Better or similar would be alternative options.  Plastic pitch rules out Killie, Aberdeen too far North and Hibs are diddies.  Hearts are the perfect option for Naismith. 

But if we were that shite and Levein that much of a dick you’d have to be mental to sign for us when you’ve already been here for 18 months and experienced all that shite.

Surely? Especially when you have played at the top level in football. We’re not talking about Neil McFarlane here FFS.

And Naismith, I don’t think anybody would say, is mental

*anybody = any Hearts fan

Edited by Jammy T

There has been so much anticipation bout Naismith signing/resigning! Do you not think it seems more like a bigger announcement than just as a player?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Player says nice things about manager shocker!

Anyway, this is a great signing.

Haringshairband
13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Signed & Sealed. Photo of scarf above soon to be delivered.

"I'm yours"

:yas:

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

But if we were that shite and Levein that much of a dick you’d have to be mental to sign for us when you’ve already been here for 18 months and experienced all that shite.

Surely? Especially when you have played at the top level in football. We’re not talking about Neil McFarlane here FFS.

I don’t think many people think Levein is a dick - he’s just not a good manager any longer.  He will introduce a pathway to management or coaching for SN too which will be highly beneficial for him in the future. 

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Signed & Sealed. Photo of scarf above soon to be delivered.

"I'm yours"

? fantastic news. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I took that wrong, fair enough. 

The point was that we're lucky to have him on board, I really don't think his potential signing should be belittled to avoid giving Levein any brownie points.

?

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Why are you so angry Jammy, you've seen how poor the team is when Naismith isn't playing, people are entitled to express an opinion on that. It's great he's signed but it's obvious that a lot more needs addressed. We should be able to put away bottom 6 team's at Tynecastle 9 times out of 10 without Naismith in the team. That means improvement and a change in the way we play before next season. Futures should not be planned around a guy who is 33 in September, Naismith should be the icing on the cake not the whole cake itself. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If Levein and this Hearts squad were as bad as the loudmouths say he’d have the choice of Hibs, Aberdeen and his boyhood club Killie as choices.

He doesn’t need the money - as is so often quoted - and Aberdeen could likely outbid us in any event.

Next?

:lol:

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Posters mentioned Naismith's relationship with Levein so it's relevant. The point being that SN will be happy playing under whoever the new manager is.

Hate to break it to you but there isn’t going to be a new manager! Naismith happy to play for Levein and thinks we have the makings of a very good team. A couple of quality additions and we can get Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock back in their place.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Why are you so angry Jammy, you've seen how poor the team is when Naismith isn't playing, people are entitled to express an opinion on that. It's great he's signed but it's obvious that a lot more needs addressed. We should be able to put away bottom 6 team's at Tynecastle 9 times out of 10 without Naismith in the team. That means improvement and a change in the way we play before next season. Futures should not be planned around a guy who is 33 in September, Naismith should be the icing on the cake not the whole cake itself. 

It wasn't just Naismith that was missing though was it.

The spine of the team was missing for months and to blame the manager for that (or the training regime as some trumpets have done) is ludicrous.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hate to break it to you but there isn’t going to be a new manager! Naismith happy to play for Levein and thinks we have the makings of a very good team. A couple of quality additions and we can get Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock back in their place.

Its May 2018 all over again. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Its May 2018 all over again. 

Hoping it’s May 1998, 2006 or 2012 all over again.

Last May we knew the playing staff needed a complete overhaul. This summer we need 2 or 3 of real quality to add to White and Halkett.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith is paid to play for the club, regardless of who the manager is. I'm not really interested in his opinion on the manager. The league table and the performance of the team over the past seasons provide a more accurate reflection of the true state of the squad.

Inch Hearts
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Hoping it’s May 1998, 2006 or 2012 all over again.

That would be a lot more pleasant. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith has been our best player and coach this season if he doesn't sign we're doomed 

Without him any quality additions will be coached to hoof it up the park. 

McPhee will have a new clipboard making sure they understand the tactics

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

It wasn't just Naismith that was missing though was it.

The spine of the team was missing for months and to blame the manager for that (or the training regime as some trumpets have done) is ludicrous.

Other players have come back and made very little difference, Naismith playing results in a difference of more than 1.3 points gained per game, a 200% increase on our points when he doesn't play. He's our top scorer and player of the year despite missing more than half the season. If you don't accept we are reliant on Naismith this season then you've not been watching us. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Naismith is paid to play for the club, regardless of who the manager is. I'm not really interested in his opinion on the manager. The league table and the performance of the team over the past seasons provide a more accurate reflection of the true state of the squad.

You can argue that the league table is a reflection of the state of the squad, I can argue that it’s a reflection of the worst season of injuries in the clubs history. Pointless circular argument that will never be concluded. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can argue that the league table is a reflection of the state of the squad, I can argue that it’s a reflection of the worst season of injuries in the clubs history. Pointless circular argument that will never be concluded. 

Yes, I agree.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Some might say it's a bit of both. ?

Naismith signs tho!!!!! 

????????

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think you are mistaken.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think you are mistaken.

which part new manager or putting Dons, Killie and the muppets back in their place

15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Other players have come back and made very little difference, Naismith playing results in a difference of more than 1.3 points gained per game, a 200% increase on our points when he doesn't play. He's our top scorer and player of the year despite missing more than half the season. If you don't accept we are reliant on Naismith this season then you've not been watching us. 

Of course I can accept that we rely on him but to ignore the other factors and expect players that return from long term injury to be 'at it' right away shows a lack of knowledge/understanding of football....in my opinion.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

which part new manager or putting Dons, Killie and the muppets back in their place

The first part.

Just now, Rudolf said:

Of course I can accept that we rely on him but to ignore the other factors and expect players that return from long term injury to be 'at it' right away shows a lack of knowledge/understanding of football....in my opinion.

To watch the team live and not understand that changes need to be made unquestionably shows a lack of knowledge about football. We should be playing a style of football at home that ensures we take full points off most teams irrespective of Naismith playing. Packed stadium, beautiful pitch. We're not and that sorely needs addressing. 

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

To watch the team live and not understand that changes need to be made unquestionably shows a lack of knowledge about football. We should be playing a style of football at home that ensures we take full points off most teams irrespective of Naismith playing. Packed stadium, beautiful pitch. We're not and that sorely needs addressing. 

When you have a squad/budget of our size then you can't replace the spine of the team with similar quality, it's as simple as that.

To think that we can unquestionably shows a lack of knowledge about football and finance.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

When you have a squad/budget of our size then you can't replace the spine of the team with similar quality, it's as simple as that.

To think that we can unquestionably shows a lack of knowledge about football and finance.

We actually have a very decent budget for the league and our squad is not small, just imbalanced. Intrigued to see if some players who do not look good enough are better under a different system or coaches. Hard to bring guys through from your reserve teams when the first team plays a completely different style than they've experienced in their career thus far. 

Well what good news is this. Great signing. Shows his intent and ours. Lots of positives to be taken from this good news. Although some on here manage to turn it on it’s head. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Well what good news is this. Great signing. Shows his intent and ours. Lots of positives to be taken from this good news. Although some on here manage to turn it on it’s head. 

Totally agree! Only place that can turn a positive into a negative 

A_A wehatethehibs

Great news absolutely delighted he has signed. He says he hopes to continue with Hearts for many more years. I couldn’t be happier, he is a top class player. 

Tell you what though, embarassing for the premiership - Steven Naismith is the second top scoring Scottish center forward in the division with a mere 10 league goals having missed half of the season through injury. Kenny ****ing Miller is third top Scottish CF with 8 goals. David Turnbull has 13 for Motherwell, a decent season for the kid. But these are rookie numbers for strikers! 

Naismith stays fit, he will bag 20 for us next year. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Great news absolutely delighted he has signed. He says he hopes to continue with Hearts for many more years. I couldn’t be happier, he is a top class player. 

Tell you what though, embarassing for the premiership - Steven Naismith is the second top scoring Scottish center forward in the division with a mere 10 league goals having missed half of the season through injury. Kenny ****ing Miller is third top Scottish CF with 8 goals. David Turnbull has 13 for Motherwell, a decent season for the kid. But these are rookie numbers for strikers! 

Naismith stays fit, he will bag 20 for us next year. 

Turnbull is a midfielder.  What a player that boy is going to be. 

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

We actually have a very decent budget for the league and our squad is not small, just imbalanced. Intrigued to see if some players who do not look good enough are better under a different system or coaches. Hard to bring guys through from your reserve teams when the first team plays a completely different style than they've experienced in their career thus far. 

What was our (playing) budget since you say it was decent?

The fact remains that no matter what your budget is, it is not easy to replace your top players when they all suffer relatively serious injuries around the same time.  There is a transfer window and you can't sign like for like replacements when it's closed - no matter how much money you have.  Out of contract players who are unlikely to be match fit are your only hope.

Mr Elwood P
59 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree.

Here's an interesting question. If we won the 2019 Scottish Cup, how would this season rank compared to Neilson's two in charge? 14/15 Scottish Championship (record) winners and 3rd place in the Scottish Premiership 2015/16 season?

The Treasurer
48 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

None of the players returning from long term injuries have been able to get back to the level they were at before being injured, with the possible exception of Souttar

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Here's an interesting question. If we won the 2019 Scottish Cup, how would this season rank compared to Neilson's two in charge? 14/15 Scottish Championship (record) winners and 3rd place in the Scottish Premiership 2015/16 season?

Very successful for me with Scottish cup win and qualifying for European football despite the horrendous injury list this season 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We had way more injuries in 1914-15 season and still finished 2nd.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What was our (playing) budget since you say it was decent?

The fact remains that no matter what your budget is, it is not easy to replace your top players when they all suffer relatively serious injuries around the same time.  There is a transfer window and you can't sign like for like replacements when it's closed - no matter how much money you have.  Out of contract players who are unlikely to be match fit are your only hope.

I am in no way ITK about things at the club Al so I don't know. I do know that in the last transfer window we brought in a pre contract player we had trumpeted who will probably never play for us again and a very ordinary loanee centre half who I hope never plays for us again. It's not exactly driving value from your resources is it?

Uncle Buck

:wub:

Best signing we’ll make all summer. Hopefully we can keep him fit next season.