Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

132goals1958
21 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

You really shouldn’t be telling lies on the internet 

You really should refrain from inane chat on the internet.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Must admit I wasn’t that keen on Daly ever having a sniff of the main role.

It is clear from previous posts over a period of time that 1874Robbo has the inside track from somebody at the club.

I do find it difficult to believe that Naismith would be Player Manager as it’s a bit ‘lower league’ stuff as a Hearts are such a massive club so playing and managing is a huge burden to take on.

However what ever anyone says Levein staying on as DOF would take a lot of that pressure off. Also, As a club we have the measure of him and vice versa so we would know by now if we thought it would have a chance of working - we also don’t know what has been happening when he has been injured - has he been involved in coaching the squad for example.

Also, we are a club that has tried “different” things since Ann and Craig came in. Neilsen was a punt as he was so young, which worked. Then we had Cathro.  

But if that is what is happening it does explain one main thing - why we haven’t announced it yet.

If this is the proposal for next year there is no way we would (and we would be nuts to) announce it before the cup final as it would be a huge distraction and the press questioning would be ridiculous as I am guessing the model would be poured over - particularly that age old DOF chestnut.

Agentjambo

I believe Naismith doesn't want any part in a coaching set up here or anywhere else until he gives up playing.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I believe Naismith doesn't want any part in a coaching set up here or anywhere else until he gives up playing.

Ok. 

Horatio Caine

Well that's all that sorted out.

There's a bounce match with SN playing.  No there's not.

He's going to be player manager next season.  No he's not.

He's already been doing some coaching.  He doesn't want to be involved with that.

Can we close the thread now because we're juts going round in circles.  Truth is, nobody (except perhaps SN & CL knows what's happening).  (unless of course they post on here...)

sidjamesbottle
2 hours ago, cb1874 said:

If there is a bounce game to test his fitness, and following that, he is available for selection, he should start the final. At least if he breaks down, you can sub him. What's the point bringing him on later, to then break down, and have to sub a sub. 

If he isn't fully 90 minute fit, we might get a good 60 mins. 

I very much doubt it...but fingers crossed.

I think if we weren't taking a risk on a few players who hadn't played for a few weeks Haring, Uche ,Djoum etc  then we might have risked him seems to many to take a gamble on match fitness on

20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

You really should refrain from inane chat on the internet.

I take it you’re his “source”? 

When I got my tickets sorted for the cup final, via a Rangers player who used another Rangers player to get two tickets from MacPhee. He messaged me to say the tickets where sorted and he ended the message by saying “your new gaffer sorted them”. That was three weeks ago. 

I cant see Naismith being a player manager, we are too big a club for that. I can see MacPhee and Naismith doing it together tho. 

Suppose we won’t have much longer to wait but it’s becoming clear that Levein will be stepping back up stairs. 

We have to look towards next season now.  There is only likely to be around 4 weeks from the cup final to start of pre-season training, less probably if we happen to win the cup (first qual round is 11 Jul). If he plays and is not ready, how long will it take to get him fit again?  It would be a gamble and if it doesn't pay off, we could lose him for the start of next season.

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

He was meant to play in a bounce game last Wednesday but is having problems with his hamstring. No idea about any bounce game today as the team are up in St Andrews.

Is Steven with the squad?

23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It is clear from previous posts over a period of time that 1874Robbo has the inside track from somebody at the club.

I do find it difficult to believe that Naismith would be Player Manager as it’s a bit ‘lower league’ stuff as a Hearts are such a massive club so playing and managing is a huge burden to take on.

However what ever anyone says Levein staying on as DOF would take a lot of that pressure off. Also, As a club we have the measure of him and vice versa so we would know by now if we thought it would have a chance of working - we also don’t know what has been happening when he has been injured - has he been involved in coaching the squad for example.

Also, we are a club that has tried “different” things since Ann and Craig came in. Neilsen was a punt as he was so young, which worked. Then we had Cathro.  

But if that is what is happening it does explain one main thing - why we haven’t announced it yet.

If this is the proposal for next year there is no way we would (and we would be nuts to) announce it before the cup final as it would be a huge distraction and the press questioning would be ridiculous as I am guessing the model would be poured over - particularly that age old DOF chestnut.

Tell that to Vincent Kompany and Anderlecht. Not saying I'd be massively in favour but it's not really lower league.

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

We have to look towards next season now.  There is only likely to be around 4 weeks from the cup final to start of pre-season training, less probably if we happen to win the cup (first qual round is 11 Jul). If he plays and is not ready, how long will it take to get him fit again?  It would be a gamble and if it doesn't pay off, we could lose him for the start of next season.

Winning the cup is more important than having Naismith for the early Europa League qualifiers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Winning the cup is more important than having Naismith for the early Europa League qualifiers.

If he goes off after 5 minutes. Groundhog Day. 

Go with what we have I am afraid if there's any doubt. Suspect there's plenty of doubt 

The White Cockade
37 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well that's all that sorted out.

There's a bounce match with SN playing.  No there's not.

He's going to be player manager next season.  No he's not.

He's already been doing some coaching.  He doesn't want to be involved with that.

Can we close the thread now because we're juts going round in circles.  Truth is, nobody (except perhaps SN & CL knows what's happening).  (unless of course they post on here...)

https://images.app.goo.gl/zcytdJsHbXh7hAK78

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Even if true, better to believe it aint so

Would be a bonus obviously but don't be surprised to see him the named squad. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

If he goes off after 5 minutes. Groundhog Day. 

Go with what we have I am afraid if there's any doubt. Suspect there's plenty of doubt 

There is, you would hope the management team have a better idea than us as to whether to risk him or not.

I suspect they won't but it won't be because they give a shiny one what folk on here think.

We could hold him back for the start of the season and he might only last 5 minutes of that.

ford donald
4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Interesting. I wonder if he can has as much influence from the dugout as he can on the pitch.

MacPhee to be his no2?

I was told Mcphee  and a other, management team,wait and see I guess.

18 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

how did the bounce match go today>?

All I know is berra’s team won the bowls yesterday. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

All I know is berra’s team won the bowls yesterday. 

2 in a row I think. Head tennis now bowls. 

A lot of knee movements in bowls :whistling:

Robbo-Jambo
29 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

how did the bounce match go today>?

Won 3 nil. Naisy hatrick ?

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Barack said:

Got injured though. Out for the Final.

Aye didn't want to say that bit :cornette_dog:

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Naisy will be in the changing room on Saturday in some capacity. 

Even if it's screaming at folk to put more effort in. 

He might be doing more than just that.

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Punching walls , throwing pizza?

doctor jambo

The st Andrews camp pics - Haring / Smith and Uche all looking in fine shape.

cochranes mother needs to stop cutting his hair.

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

2 in a row I think. Head tennis now bowls. 

A lot of knee movements in bowls :whistling:

I like that Berra is Mr Business, showed up in his hearts tracky whilst everyone else was in normal clothes. Like a good captain should. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Punching walls , throwing pizza?

Nope his strip might get messed

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Dinnae I canny :scenes:

seriously though, do you know something?

doctor jambo

Him being named on the day

That would be the biggest boost feckin ever.

Would be up there with CL's biggest wind ups of Lennon in history

Christ not another sickness / diarrhoea bug going about 33 years on the last one is still used to beat people with

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Dinnae I canny :scenes:

seriously though, do you know something?

Chance of making the bench

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Christ not another sickness / diarrhoea bug going about 33 years on the last one is still used to beat people with

Dens Park still hurts like ***** 33 years on.

Dens Park still hurts like ***** 33 years on.

It does always will but using someones illness as a reason to beat him up over it is pathetic. 

2 hours ago, ericb said:

Is Naismith even at St. Andrews?

Saw photos earlier. Plenty featuring Djoum, Haring and Uche but no sign of Naismith

:levein_interesting:

I'd put money on him playing at least some part in the final

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

It does always will but using someones illness as a reason to beat him up over it is pathetic. 

Totally agree. A piece of nonsense.

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully Berra got a shot on the golf course. 

Really let loose with his cannon of a left foot. 

Get some good yardage and direction. 

Smashing it the length of Tynecastle is child's play, Hampden is a bigger pitch, really needs to get some welly behind his artillery shells so he can rain hell on the celtic back line. 

Well Norwich have just announced their list of released players and Naismith is on it....so I'm expecting an announcement tomorrow! ?

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Agree with most of that however Anderlecht have just taken Kompany on as player/manager and they are arguably a bigger club than us. Maybe it’s the next big thing in football. 

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree with most of that however Anderlecht have just taken Kompany on as player/manager and they are arguably a bigger club than us. Maybe it’s the next big thing in football. 

Arguably?

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Our last player manager worked out not too bad

Yeah, but we keep hearing that football has changed so much even since Levein was our manager last time. Must have changed even more in 33 years, than it has in 14 years... or something... 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Well Norwich have just announced their list of released players and Naismith is on it....so I'm expecting an announcement tomorrow! ?

I think you will be waiting a bit longer than that! 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

sneaking into the celtic dressing room to put itching powder in their shorts?

2 hours ago, RS86 said:

Saw photos earlier. Plenty featuring Djoum, Haring and Uche but no sign of Naismith

:levein_interesting:

I'd put money on him playing at least some part in the final

Hiding behind a tree . Saw him though,

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah, but we keep hearing that football has changed so much even since Levein was our manager last time. Must have changed even more in 33 years, than it has in 14 years... or something... 

Kompany to do the same,