Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Bob Loblaw

I also think it's done and will be used as a good news story, either in the build up to the final or after to boost season ticket sales.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I also think it's done and will be used as a good news story, either in the build up to the final or after to boost season ticket sales.

Need to be a better story than that to boost ticket sales. 

24 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Ach I suspect they'll just be waiting until after the cup final when the new managerial dream team is announced (including Naismith as player/coach).*

*This is pure conjecture.

Might not be to far away from the truth based on what I was told few days ago

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I agree, the signing of Naismith will not dramatically increase season ticket sales, in my opinion. Levein doing the honourable thing and walking away from Tynecastle or being sacked will improve the mood amongst supporters however, only if he is replaced by someone the fans will accept and capable of taking the club forward.

Replacing Levein with Daly or MacPhee  will only alienate the support further. It is clear that the whole football side of the business needs major surgery.

39 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What are the ticket sales numbers?

55 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

There’s only one story that would boost ticket sales. 

ford donald
On 09/05/2019 at 18:24, OTT said:

Its basic planning. Levein has managed for how long? He knows the style of football he plays requires a target man. What did our strike force look like? Uche (Target Man), Maclean (Not a target man), Wighton (Not a target man), Naismith (Not a target man).

I absolutely refuse to accept that this is an excusable mistake. He chanced our season on Uche not getting injured and it backfired spectacularly.

Absolutely.I remember the statement he said when confirming Vanacek signing."We are getting a proper centre forward" aye right!

Tommy Brown
29 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Absolutely.I remember the statement he said when confirming Vanacek signing."We are getting a proper centre forward" aye right!

"I'm very pleased that David has agreed to join the club," Levein said.

"He's different from the other strikers we currently have and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"He's a target man and is very good in the air. His hold-up play is impressive as well and he'll be a great addition to the squad.

it's went well, eh!

23 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

"I'm very pleased that David has agreed to join the club," Levein said.

"He's different from the other strikers we currently have and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"He's a target man and is very good in the air. His hold-up play is impressive as well and he'll be a great addition to the squad.

it's went well, eh!

So we've gone from Naismith to ticket sales to Vanecek on the same thread.

7 hours ago, suds66 said:

I agree, the signing of Naismith will not dramatically increase season ticket sales, in my opinion. Levein doing the honourable thing and walking away from Tynecastle or being sacked will improve the mood amongst supporters however, only if he is replaced by someone the fans will accept and capable of taking the club forward.

Replacing Levein with Daly or MacPhee  will only alienate the support further. It is clear that the whole football side of the business needs major surgery.

Sacking a club legend may improve your morale but I suspect you don't speak for everybody. 

rick witter
8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Sacking a club legend may improve your morale but I suspect you don't speak for everybody. 

He speaks for an ever increasing number and if he is still there next season Tynecastle will be half full for most games. 

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He speaks for an ever increasing number and if he is still there next season Tynecastle will be half full for most games. 

I imagine that would depend on results, to be fair. 

On 09/05/2019 at 08:53, We_are_the_Hearts said:

SO is he signing and will he be fit?

This let's try keep on topic....

Enzo Chiefo
40 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Serious question: what difference does being a club legend make? That's in the past. He absolutely does not deserve any special treatment because of his starus as a player. He has underperformed and is preventing the club moving forward - he will be judged as a manager and moved on.

Jambof3tornado

If we do get Naismith I hope we can protect him a bit better than this season to get the most out of his time with us.

Be nice to not be so reliant on an older player.

I'd also keep berra as captain as Naisy doesnt need an armband to bark the orders!!

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Serious question: what difference does being a club legend make? That's in the past. He absolutely does not deserve any special treatment because of his starus as a player. He has underperformed and is preventing the club moving forward - he will be judged as a manager and moved on.

All this is superfluous criticism just now. He is going nowhere at present.  Only two games left this season. One a cup final. Can we not stop all of this bickering until after that particular game is done and dusted. We still have a chance of silverware so let’s get behind the team and try and create a bit of positivity. I’m sure this place will be red hot after the final one way or another. 

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Legend ??? Give me a break. His sacking will be appreciated by a lot more than you think.  

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Legend ??? Give me a break. His sacking will be appreciated by a lot more than you think.  

You can think what you want about his performance as a manager this season but Levein being a Hearts legend isn't even up for debate. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

All this is superfluous criticism just now. He is going nowhere at present.  Only two games left this season. One a cup final. Can we not stop all of this bickering until after that particular game is done and dusted. We still have a chance of silverware so let’s get behind the team and try and create a bit of positivity. I’m sure this place will be red hot after the final one way or another. 

Totally agree 

Bazzas right boot
On 08/05/2019 at 12:36, Sir Gio said:

He is, he's a cut above nearly every player in the SPFL let alone our own team. So it was obviously a massive blow.

Just such a disappointment nobody rose to the challenge of at least compensating in part for his absence.

Think folk forget we just never lost Naismith. 

We lost

Berra 

Souttar 

Uche 

Along with Naismith at the same time. 

Dunne, Dikamona, Mitchell and Smith at points as well. 

We then lost a bit confidence. 

Some players were asked to step up maybe two quickly after their own rehabilitation. 

Confidence further went , form went. 

We never recovered. 

I think Naismith injured in his own is a bit harsh, if it was just him we wouldn't have collapsed so spectacularly imo. 

We do Need to address the  loss of him tho and have a better solution. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Think folk forget we just never lost Naismith. 

We lost

Berra 

Souttar 

Uche 

Along with Naismith at the same time. 

Dunne, Dikamona, Mitchell and Smith at points as well. 

We then lost a bit confidence. 

Some players were asked to step up maybe two quickly after their own rehabilitation. 

Confidence further went , form went. 

We never recovered. 

I think Naismith injured in his own is a bit harsh, if it was just him we wouldn't have collapsed so spectacularly imo. 

We do Need to address the  loss of him tho and have a better solution. 

We also lost Haring who even when he was in the team played with a hernia.

You're right about rehabilitation too.  It took the skipper a while to get back to anywhere near his pre-injury form and the same goes for Uche.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We also lost Haring who even when he was in the team played with a hernia.

You're right about rehabilitation too.  It took the skipper a while to get back to anywhere near his pre-injury form and the same goes for Uche.

Clare and Wighton as well. 

Folk expected guys like Uche to come in and get back up to form, fitness and confidence straight away. 

Clare should have been coming of the bench now and then as well. 

Not our main link from mid to att. 

We haven't coped well, but the injuries are a complete shit show. 

Even now

Godinho 

Ben

Morrison 

Harring

Naismith 

Kenna

Really  restricts us in what we can offer even from the bench. 

Ridiculous. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

21 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You can think what you want about his performance as a manager this season but Levein being a Hearts legend isn't even up for debate. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

A Hearts legend ? You’re deliberately at it ??

1 minute ago, Hercules said:

Best defender I have witnessed in a Maroon jersey in 40 years 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Right you are.

7 minutes ago, Hercules said:

I don't it matters in context.  It's a thread about Naismith.

kingantti1874

He is right, without a doubt.

Levein would have played at the very very top were it not for injury, hard, read the game incredibly well, pace, intelligence, passing. He had it all.

Edited by kingantti1874

dhalljambo15
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He is right, without a doubt.

Levein would have played at the very very top were it not for injury, hard, read the game incredibly well, pace, intelligence, passing. He had it all.

Doesn’t change the fact he’s a shite manager 

colinmaroon
35 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Make that 60!

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Doesn’t change the fact he’s a shite manager 

not in his first spell but it’s gone wrong now and he should move on. 

people lose credibility when they try and erase history however. He still deserves respect for the years of service as an incredible player for the club and when he was an effective manager

dhalljambo15
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

not in his first spell but it’s gone wrong now and he should move on. 

people lose credibility when they try and erase history however. He still deserves respect for the years of service as an incredible player for the club and when he was an effective manager

Had good times in first spell mainly in Europe (Bordeaux, braga) still played same football as he tries now. Let’s not forget him ‘falling ill’ on biggest match in 86 . Great player yes I agree but not as big a hearts man in my opinion as people want to believe

7 minutes ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Had good times in first spell mainly in Europe (Bordeaux, braga) still played same football as he tries now. Let’s not forget him ‘falling ill’ on biggest match in 86 . Great player yes I agree but not as big a hearts man in my opinion as people want to believe

Dreary me. Thought this thread was about Naismith. It seems to have been hijacked by folk wanting to have a go at CL.  There’s a huge thread that the folk wanting to bump their gums about him can access.

Back on track - anyone got any idea about Naismiths  fitness level or if and when he might get round to putting pen to paper?

Long Tall Sally
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

In my top 3 of best players I’ve seen at the club.

People pouring scorn on his ability/status never seen him imo.

A wonderful football player.

Long Tall Sally
15 minutes ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Hibs or ignorant I care little.

’falling ill’

Just do one. 

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Oh I really hope we win this cup. Boy are you never going to hear the end of it!!

Edited by tcjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Levein the player could have played for anyone at the time. 

Injuries really did stop him from being a superstar 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

And my lifetime supporting the club

Inch Hearts
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Levein the player could have played for anyone at the time. 

Injuries really did stop him from being a superstar 

Of course he was he was exceptional!

How does it make him a legend though? How does hes legendary status compare with say Gary Locke or Steven Pressley?  Well off topic I know. 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

And my lifetime supporting the club

Could split Levein and McLaren with a fag paper imo. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

McLaren couldn't lace Craig levein boots 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Just confirmed you know very little. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

How does it make him a legend though? How does hes legendary status compare with say Gary Locke or Steven Pressley?  Well off topic I know. 

Did CL knock you back or something? 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just confirmed you know very little. 

Min your opinion.

Inch Hearts
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Did CL knock you back or something? 

Eh?  He was a fantastic footballer cut before his prime which was shocking luck.  McLaren was on par though and I loved them both. He was a brilliant manager first time round also fire fighting like mad.   I’m not sure if he’s a legend though. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

McLaren couldn't lace Craig levein boots 

Loved them both, McLaren was a fantastic defender done by injury too. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Loved them both, McLaren was a fantastic defender done by injury too. 

McLaren was fantastic defender but not in same league as levein ! Levein was the complete central defender , good in the air , hard as nails in the tackle , had pace to burn , 2 footed and was so composed on the ball ! He had the vision of a midfield playmaker 

Edited by Selkirkhmfc1874

Gorgieshed
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

So is he playing? 

How dare u get back on topic...

Doesn't look like it. Anyone ITK?

Thought Police
23 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Get Pressley in the bin