U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

maroonlegions
26 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:pleasing:

Alex Jones is currently using the internet to tell everyone how he is banned from the internet.

First they came for Alex Jones, and I did not speak up, for I am not an inbred reprobate.

He insisted "We are all Alex Jones!". Wrong, other people can see their kids when they want.

Alex Jones insists this is government tyranny. So, gun-fanatics, I guess this is your time to shine?

Alex Jones is just the start maybe of a list, old Ickey LIzard boy next.:conspiracy:

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Alex Jones is just the start maybe of a list, old Ickey LIzard boy next.:conspiracy:

Who?

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt that 1 in 10 or maybe 1 in 100 Trump supporters have heard of Alex James. 

Blessed are the cheesemakers.  :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Alex Jones is currently using the internet to tell everyone how he is banned from the internet.

First they came for Alex Jones, and I did not speak up, for I am not an inbred reprobate.

He insisted "We are all Alex Jones!". Wrong, other people can see their kids when they want.

Alex Jones insists this is government tyranny. So, gun-fanatics, I guess this is your time to shine?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt that 1 in 10 or maybe 1 in 100 Trump supporters have heard of Alex James. 

Well infowars do claim to have been "instrumental" in helping Trump get elected. Trump appeared on infowars to say that Alex Jones had "an amazing reputation".

Jones is currently facing THREE simultaneous lawsuits.

One for insisting the Sandy Hook shooting that left 27 dead was a hoax leading to harrassment of the parents of deceased Noah Pozner (they've had to move 7 times in 5 years due to doxxing and harrassment).

One for falsely accusing someone of being the Parkland shooter.

One related to the Charlottesville attack.

He was forced to apologise to a yoghurt factory after writing about them “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists”. He also peddled "pizzagate" which caused someone to show up armed demanding answers.

I hope he rots, he's the Westboro Baptist church of media and "journalism". Unfortunately Twitter won't get their arses in gear and ban him from their platform.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Well infowars do claim to have been "instrumental" in helping Trump get elected. Trump appeared on infowars to say that Alex Jones had "an amazing reputation".

Jones is currently facing THREE simultaneous lawsuits.

One for insisting the Sandy Hook shooting that left 27 dead was a hoax leading to harrassment of the parents of deceased Noah Pozner (they've had to move 7 times in 5 years due to doxxing and harrassment).

One for falsely accusing someone of being the Parkland shooter.

One related to the Charlottesville attack.

He was forced to apologise to a yoghurt factory after writing about them “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists”. He also peddled "pizzagate" which caused someone to show up armed demanding answers.

I hope he rots, he's the Westboro Baptist church of media and "journalism". Unfortunately Twitter won't get their arses in gear and ban him from their platform.

5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

As Mandy Rice-Davies almost said "They would wouldn't they".

He sounds like a complete and utter shit but he hadn't really come up on my radar ... nor I suspect that of many voters in the real world.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

As Mandy Rice-Davies almost said "They would wouldn't they".

He sounds like a complete and utter shit but he hadn't really come up on my radar ... nor I suspect that of many voters in the real world.

You're one of the lucky ones, I therefore apologise for inflicting him upon you.

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A bunch of gorillaz.

It would actually help if he was a member. :facepalm:

Cheese making farmer twat. 

Edited by ri Alban

Good news for Trump. The swamp is being drained,

Bad news for Trump its another Repuplican. Congressman Chris Collins indicted for insider trading.

In my Edinburgh Police time we used to use a statute to arrest certain people for loitering. The statute referred to being a known thief or an associate of known thieves a person with no criminal record could be arrested and charged under certain circumstances. The evidence garnered by policemen making notes in their official notebook of the number of times this individual had been seen with convicted known thieves. If there was a similar piece of legislation in the U.S.A old Donald would be in jail also, because he sure is an associate of an awful lot of people who are being indicted.

Edited by bobsharp

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Bad news for Trump its another Repuplican. Congressman Chris Collins indicted for insider trading.

In my Edinburgh Police time we used to use a statute to arrest certain people for loitering. The statute referred to being a known thief or an associate of known thieves a person with no criminal record could be arrested and charged under certain circumstances. The evidence garnered by policemen making notes in their official notebook of the number of times this individual had been seen with convicted known thieves. If there was a similar piece of legislation in the U.S.A old Donald would be in jail also, because he sure is an associate of an awful lot of people who are being indicted.

No doubts Sarah will brush it off in her usual way.

Chris who?

Oh that Chris Collins.

Oh the president barely knows him, next question.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The lies, exaggerations, and false claims by Trump are getting steadily worse.  Last week was the worst in his Presidency.  Here is a week-by-week chart:

false_claims_aug8_weekly.jpg

23 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Wow, didn't know there was a law that basically made a person guilty by association.  Don't suppose you can remember the Act?  Would love to see if it is still in force.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Wow, didn't know there was a law that basically made a person guilty by association.  Don't suppose you can remember the Act?  Would love to see if it is still in force.

In my time the book was Scottish Criminal Law, for some reason I seem to remember it was referred to as the Aberdeen Handbook.  In my days of wotking the Marshal Street beat beat the known thieves used to loiter across from the Rat Trap in front of some shops on the corner of Nicolson Street and hill Place. We knew most of them and when a new face arrived a point was made of getting to know who they were, after that each time you saw them with a KT you made a note of it and whom he was with, I have in fact used it in Court, generally for loitering in suspicios circumstances. Again memory fades but I am sure the book was all common law and not statutory.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Judged by the company you keep. Ridiculous. 

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Judged by the company you keep. Ridiculous. 

It's funny how times change, there weren't many of us when kids that hadn't been told just that. "you be careful, you'll be judged by the company you keep".   as for the Surgeons Hall boys, they were not good company, just like some of the friends of the President if you didn't watch them as the saying went they would have the sugar oot o' yer tea.

Edited by bobsharp

In my time the book was Scottish Criminal Law, for some reason I seem to remember it was referred to as the Aberdeen Handbook.  In my days of wotking the Marshal Street beat beat the known thieves used to loiter across from the Rat Trap in front of some shops on the corner of Nicolson Street and hill Place. We knew most of them and when a new face arrived a point was made of getting to know who they were, after that each time you saw them with a KT you made a note of it and whom he was with, I have in fact used it in Court, generally for loitering in suspicios circumstances. Again memory fades but I am sure the book was all common law and not statutory.

Thanks for the info Bob, I'll have a wee look into this. :thumb:

On 8/8/2018 at 09:35, Boris said:

Hahaha

:isee:

Turns out that Infowars hasn't been banned from any platform and Alex Jones is just a crisis actor.  ::troll::

Craig Gordons Gloves

Pence was giving a speech today outlining the space force plans. It’s genuinely funny to see him having to make speeches like this in the pursuit of his pseudo Christian agenda to hate all that are not him. I honestly though this space force thing was a pisstake, turns out it’s genuine. 

I really hope someone at nasa has been feeding him false info about. Aliens attacking soon just to see how much of a clow he genuinely is.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Melania's parents become US Citizens. 

That's nice...

"President Donald Trump's parents-in-law have become US citizens in a private ceremony.

Viktor and Amalija Knavs, Melania Trump's Slovenian-born parents, took the oath of citizenship in New York on Thursday, their lawyer confirmed.

He said the pair had been living in the US on green cards sponsored by Mrs Trump.

President Trump has railed against family-based or "chain" immigration in the past.

He argues instead for a merit-based system prioritising professionals over relatives, and has drawn criticism for his vocal attacks on immigration laws and immigrants."

Screenshot_20180810-080507_Chrome.jpg

He’s a ****.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's the least he can do for her. The shite she has to endure.

True.

It takes a lot for me to get wound up but that excuse for a Human Being does it.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I've just went for satirical derision nowadays.

Political derision, arrives in the Mid-terms...

Hopefully.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

This is the kind of thing, that makes it easier to ridicule, Trump.

Thanks for that.

Very good piece.

It endorses what a lot of people think of that administration.

Absolute bonkers.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

This is the kind of thing, that makes it easier to ridicule, Trump.

I change channels at 8'30pm every night to watch this segment of his show, he is absolutely spot on with his comedy which hits so well the truth.

Donald Trump and Mike Pence: a dangerous duo.

How come two people who are clearly intellectually challenged become leaders of the most powerful country in the world?

17 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Turns out that Infowars hasn't been banned from any platform and Alex Jones is just a crisis actor.  ::troll::

Seen these rumours as well. It took me a while to get my head around it but I can't see anything other than this being a hoax.

Six more families are suing the ****.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Michael Avenatti going to Iowa to look into running for President in 2020.  I also mentione Trump in his last couple of campaign meetings mention his wife more than he has before about how they speak, and he calls her honey and other endearments, I suggested then something was going on. Lately she has appeared expressing the opposite to Trump in the matter of seperation of families by immigration authorities, showed support for Lebron James who her husband insulted in a tweet, and yesterday her parents were granted American citizenship using a part of the system that Trump absolutely hates. She has travelled by car to places they were both going to while he went by helcopter, I have twice seen her withdraw her hand when he tried to take her hand whilst walking. If anyone has the goods on the Donald its her, will be interesting what of his foibles political, adulterous, financial, she opens up about, its not if believe me its just when. What is the old one, beware a woman scorned.

I have twice seen her withdraw her hand when he tried to take her hand whilst walking..

She's been doing that since the inauguration, possibly before. Can't blame her really.

3 hours ago, Stokesy said:

She's been doing that since the inauguration, possibly before. Can't blame her really.

She has been publicly humiliated by Trump with the release of the Hollywood tapes, plus the numerous stories of extra-marital affairs, charges of groping women etc.

It would not surprise me if she despises the fat, misogynist, racist bag of crap.  But she's trapped.  The pressure put on her to maintain a brave front must be enormous.

24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

She has been publicly humiliated by Trump with the release of the Hollywood tapes, plus the numerous stories of extra-marital affairs, charges of groping women etc.

It would not surprise me if she despises the fat, misogynist, racist bag of crap.  But she's trapped.  The pressure put on her to maintain a brave front must be enormous.

Thats exactly what I am thinking, which is why I find it interesting that he refers to her so often in and its only the last couple of speeches to audiences of his base. I think he is worried about what she knows, and additionally interesting that she now has her parents fixed up and doesn't really need him now. She can afford to get shot of him now, and doesn't have to worry about any divorce settlement, tv interviews and a book would make her more than comfortable.

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I just wonder what the reaction of his conservative base and Mike Pence would be if she divorced him citing adultery as the main reason.

Surely if they are as god fearing as they claim to be, they'd have to go by the teachings in the bible and ditch Trump.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Never seemed to bother Billary that much.

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Never seemed to bother Billary that much.

Trump's outrageous sexual misconduct should bother everyone.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It mebbe should but on the contrary many of his evangelical female followers say that god is a forgiving god and he has forgiven, and who are they to argue that. Trump is a rude, bully, liar,racist,philanderer, adulterer, and with all these attributes he is the the legally elected President of the United States.  He has proven his unwillingness, unpreparedness, and inability to perform his duties as President, yet if many of his voters, in fact most of his voters went into a car lot and were told the salesman had this background they would walk out and ask do you think I am crazy.  Again an old saying "theres none as daft as people".

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Should Bill Clinton's or JFK's? Or was that ok because they were democrats?

54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There's another thing hopefully he will have in common with Jack. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Look at the title of the thread.

This is not a discussion about Presidents who philander.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Look at the title of the thread.

This is not a discussion about Presidents who philander.

Behave yourself. I'm not a fan of The Donald (although I enjoy how much the media and political establishment's collective knickers are twisted by him) but you lot are falling over yourselves trying to out do each other in how much you dislike/hate/stronger him with no regard to how bent the rest have been from the democrat side of things. This thread may be a Trump hatefest but a little even handedness wouldn't go amiss.

Right wing agitators are trying to rally support for a Constitutional Convention during which they'll re-write swathes of the Constitution, overturning things like Roe vs Wade, the Civil Rights Act and ensuring that things like Medicare and even Social Security itself would be blocked forever.

:cornette: 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Behave yourself. I'm not a fan of The Donald (although I enjoy how much the media and political establishment's collective knickers are twisted by him) but you lot are falling over yourselves trying to out do each other in how much you dislike/hate/stronger him with no regard to how bent the rest have been from the democrat side of things. This thread may be a Trump hatefest but a little even handedness wouldn't go amiss.

I'm behaving.  And "you lot" are providing the even handedness.  

But since you insist on bringing up history, JFK has been dead for 55 years and his sexual excesses were not publicly known during his lifetime.  I don't know if you remember that, but I do.

And Clinton was impeached for his behaviour.

I'm not suggesting that Trump be impeached, but there is no doubt that he is a racist and a liar.  But you carry on trying to deflect by bringing up incidents from 20 and 55 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually you are not quite right, it is specifically by title a thread where we feel we have the right to our opinion positive or negative about Donald Trump, if the title was Trump and other Presidents , or Trump compared to Kennedy, Nixon et al, again you would be correct. There have been actual Trump supporters donated to this thread, quite reasonably in fact, but the fact is on this thread they are a tiny majority. I remember quite clearly you commenting on an opinion I printed on the election and your reply was to the extent of what th f... do you care you are not even American, or very close to that. Well my fears at that time have come to fruition he has attacked both my Countries, one by birth one by choice.  He is also doing things to a country I have as long as I can remember had respect for, and have visited and spent time in, with its people, and hate is not a word I like to use but I deeply dislike Trump, his character, his policies,and his treatment of others. This forum of which I have been a member for many years offers me the opportunity to state my views, I have been praised, I have been pilloried and most things in between, deservedly so, but I plead an emphatic not guilty to suggestions that my comments are stated in any way manner or circumstance to outdo anyone.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm behaving.  And "you lot" are providing the even handedness.  

But since you insist on bringing up history, JFK has been dead for 55 years and his sexual excesses were not publicly known during his lifetime.  I don't know if you remember that, but I do.

And Clinton was impeached for his behaviour.

I'm not suggesting that Trump be impeached, but there is no doubt that he is a racist and a liar.  But you carry on trying to deflect by bringing up incidents from 20 and 55 years ago.

Fair comment.

J.T.F.Robertson
40 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Actually you are not quite right, it is specifically by title a thread where we feel we have the right to our opinion positive or negative about Donald Trump, if the title was Trump and other Presidents , or Trump compared to Kennedy, Nixon et al, again you would be correct. There have been actual Trump supporters donated to this thread, quite reasonably in fact, but the fact is on this thread they are a tiny majority. I remember quite clearly you commenting on an opinion I printed on the election and your reply was to the extent of what th f... do you care you are not even American, or very close to that. Well my fears at that time have come to fruition he has attacked both my Countries, one by birth one by choice.  He is also doing things to a country I have as long as I can remember had respect for, and have visited and spent time in, with its people, and hate is not a word I like to use but I deeply dislike Trump, his character, his policies,and his treatment of others. This forum of which I have been a member for many years offers me the opportunity to state my views, I have been praised, I have been pilloried and most things in between, deservedly so, but I plead an emphatic not guilty to suggestions that my comments are stated in any way manner or circumstance to outdo anyone.

You're wasting your breath with this "individualist". He's not a Donald fan yet can't seem to stop himself from desperately trying to come up with someone who may have been his equal in "assholeness".

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You're wasting your breath with this "individualist". He's not a Donald fan yet can't seem to stop himself from desperately trying to come up with someone who may have been his equal in "assholeness".

Dear oh dear. :facepalm:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)