Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gashauskis9

I had a dream last night that I won a competition for my family to meet him at the White House.  When we got there, it wasn’t Trump, it was the actor Larry Lamb (Gavin’s Dad in Gav & Stacey).

1 hour ago, jake said:

I could go all deep on this .

Maybe not the thread for it though.

Your getting on in years bob sorry I'm no being wide.

But these questions at your age must make you think from a kind of spiritual perspective .

I don't think you are religious but recent events in my life have made me look at the things you have raised in your post.

Not big on the spiritual Jake, suspect that like my body which will be ashes everything else will be gone.  I look at it as the deepest sleep ever available, and as my old mother replied when asked about dying one time responded I'll be glad of the rest. I participate in these threads because i am interested in the subjects and have always enjoyed a wee bit of confrontation, but do not generally hold grudges, except unforgiving to extreme liars.When my day comes I expect nothing more or less than the same thing in the future than I did in say 1642.  I have though put in the bank a fair amount of money so that I will for a long time yet be able to pay my annual dues, and piss off some by no leaving JKB.B) with acknowledgement to Poe.

3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

So true, you would think with the advances in travel, communications, humane societies, civil rights,  we having the ability to get to know and understand each other and particularly our differences, things would be better, but I guess that is not the way the human race live, there is always an insoluble problem.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Not big on the spiritual Jake, suspect that like my body which will be ashes everything else will be gone.  I look at it as the deepest sleep ever available, and as my old mother replied when asked about dying one time responded I'll be glad of the rest. I participate in these threads because i am interested in the subjects and have always enjoyed a wee bit of confrontation, but do not generally hold grudges, except unforgiving to extreme liars.When my day comes I expect nothing more or less than the same thing in the future than I did in say 1642.  I have though put in the bank a fair amount of money so that I will for a long time yet be able to pay my annual dues, and piss off some by no leaving JKB.B) with acknowledgement to Poe.

1642 .

Bob yer fekin ancient.

Spiritual may be the wrong word as it's a bit hippyish firra an old policeman.

Just meant your reflection on human nature which is spiritual in a way.

I look forward to future confrontations with you Bob.

I as you probably know enjoy them too.

Rocco_Jambo
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

PCicl4_Xl.jpg

:whistling: 

Calling people who disagree with him chancers then constantly posting cartoons.

Chortle.

37 minutes ago, jake said:

1642 .

Bob yer fekin ancient.

Spiritual may be the wrong word as it's a bit hippyish firra an old policeman.

Just meant your reflection on human nature which is spiritual in a way.

I look forward to future confrontations with you Bob.

I as you probably know enjoy them too.

They don't make Polis like they did in Bob's day. They now just work for big corporations. 

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Jesus saves but........

Robertson nets the rebound...

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

So, Trump?

Oh nothing much from the Donald he has taken the weekend off from being President to go and get some publicity for his golf couse. Information about Carter Page and meetings with the Russians released by DOJ, but as Donald Arnold Palmer Trump says it is so heavily redacted that you wouldn't know what it sys. Its obviously all a pile of lies because Page and Trump say so, and if anyone knows a lie they sure do.

So todays breaking news. The Trumpster tweets today that Obama never told his campaign about the Russian hacking, and the reason was it was all a great big hoax.

So a week ago he stood in Helsinki and said that he agreed with Putin that Russia did not interfere, "why would they"

A few days later agrees there was Russian interference and he had total confidence in the Intelligence agencies, and that his would, was a mistake it should have been wouldn't.

Asked following a media conference  later if Russia was still active in election meddling he responded no. His puppet press secretary was saying that he was merely saying no more questions. Despite numerous reruns it was obvious he said no in reponse to the Russia question.

It is really difficult to diagnose this man , is he in fact suffering from some sort of phsychological difficulty, that he does not understand that people do remember what he is saying. Is he so brash he just don't care. Is he fit to be President of the United States, does he have the character and credibility to be so. It seems some people think he does, and not only that, does a good job, his popularity among Republicans just went up three percent.

From day one of his presidency it has been clear: The President of the United States is compromised.

We might never know what the Russians have on him, but they clearly have Trump by the short and curlies.

And the Republican party, who once led the charge on Commie-hating, stand meekly aside and let this real estate con-man sell their country down the river to their former arch enemies..

Trump to Iran on Twitter: "To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

The political version of : "U WOT M8? U CHEEKY LIL CNT 1V1 ME OWTSIDE 1 WEPPN EACH MY COUSIN WAS A MARINE N HE CUD KILL UWIV 1 PUNCH M9!!!1ONE."

It'll be interesting to see what the midterms actually reveal in terms of American thoughts on him. Most of my friends here are Republicans, and even the few rampant ones are starting to ask questions. 

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

From day one of his presidency it has been clear: The President of the United States is compromised.

We might never know what the Russians have on him, but they clearly have Trump by the short and curlies.

And the Republican party, who once led the charge on Commie-hating, stand meekly aside and let this real estate con-man sell their country down the river to their former arch enemies..

Russia is no longer communist.

Do you not think your rhetoric is a bit wild.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Your point is correct to a level Jake, Russia adopted what would hopefully appear to be a democratic system of government. and free enterprise system with privately non state owned businesses.

My view of the facts is that Putin the leader is as much of a Communist as he ever was, the system whic h is run by Putin puts in place loyal members who pose as businessmen become billionaires with riches stored away in othe countries.  Just as much as Lenon, Carl Marx and others world domination of their Russian view is something that should be worldwide, there would be no greater asset to this end than the conversion by coercion or voluntary of the United States, finding a President who can be subject to such coercion by threat or compromise, or personaal ambitions of grandeur could and possibly is the answer to the Russian wildest dreams of world change.

4 hours ago, jake said:

China is the now what the Soviets dreamed of. 

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Your point is correct to a level Jake, Russia adopted what would hopefully appear to be a democratic system of government. and free enterprise system with privately non state owned businesses.

My view of the facts is that Putin the leader is as much of a Communist as he ever was, the system whic h is run by Putin puts in place loyal members who pose as businessmen become billionaires with riches stored away in othe countries.  Just as much as Lenon, Carl Marx and others world domination of their Russian view is something that should be worldwide, there would be no greater asset to this end than the conversion by coercion or voluntary of the United States, finding a President who can be subject to such coercion by threat or compromise, or personaal ambitions of grandeur could and possibly is the answer to the Russian wildest dreams of world change.

Of course Russia still has influence but it's imo ridiculous to suggest that the USA is somehow being taken over by them.

And that this narrative comes not from the rabid republicans but the democrats.

It's nonsense imo bob.

And I am well aware of the Soviet dark days and Russian mentality.

5 hours ago, jake said:

I think that my comment was spot on.

I'm aware that Russia is no longer Communist, but it's still the arch enemy of the United States, and has been since 1945.  

Vladimir Putin, the object of much praise by Donald Trump, is a former lieutenant colonel in the KGB, whose job it was to be as disruptive as possible to the interests of the USA.  The form of government in Russia might have changed, but that doesn't mean that Putin has changed.

Unfortunately for the USA, Putin is significantly more intelligent and shrewder that Trump, so Trump is completely out of his depth in his one-on-one dealings with Putin.  For unknown reasons, it seems that Trump in beholding to Putin. While Trump frequently criticises America's allies, he never says a negative word about America's biggest adversary.

Last week, on CBC, I watched an  program being broadcast on Russian State Television.  A Russian foreign affairs expert said Trump had been more successful in creating a rift in NATO than had Russia or the USSR.  And people in the Russian audience applauded.

That's why I said that Putin has Trump by the short and curlies.  If Obama (who you like to refer to) had acted toward Putin like Trump is doing, the Republicans in Congress would be apoplectic with rage.  Yet now, they are meekly compliant.

Craig Gordons Gloves
11 hours ago, trotter said:

It'll be interesting to see what the midterms actually reveal in terms of American thoughts on him. Most of my friends here are Republicans, and even the few rampant ones are starting to ask questions. 

Worryingly, i'm finding the opposite, alot of people i know as Republicans are loving him - bear in mind that they are mainly republican as they believe in low taxes and minimal government interference although i'm sure a few of them most likely hate poor people too. 

See Republicans are they the USA version of The Conservative party? They both seem to be allergic to tax. 

Geoff the Mince

A worry for everyone is how much influence the odious scumbag John Bolton has on Trump .

55 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

See Republicans are they the USA version of The Conservative party? They both seem to be allergic to tax. 

Yes, except Republicans are even more right wing.

2 hours ago, jake said:

Of course Russia still has influence but it's imo ridiculous to suggest that the USA is somehow being taken over by them.

And that this narrative comes not from the rabid republicans but the democrats.

It's nonsense imo bob.

And I am well aware of the Soviet dark days and Russian mentality.

Well Jake what is going on, why is Trump constantly contradicting himself about the Russian meddlinhg, why does he avoid conflict with Putin and Russia, and when he comes close to doing so thats when he backs down and contradicts himself and even worse his own personal Republican appointees. Why would Russia meddle in any manner with the U.S. elections or do you also deny they were involved, if they did in fact meddle and intended to assist Trumps win, what reason had they.  I hesitate to believe that he is such a handsome personable fellow, and they just like him. They respect his love of his Country as they do theirs, he is a moral, honest good man. I doubt Russia is either that easy to misjudge or that stupid, on the contrary.  I would humbly suggest that the evidence although mostly circumstantial that Russia has some detrimental information on Trump, members of his family and some of his associates, I also believe that this evidence is more likely to involve finance by way of loans, laundering, or tax evasion, but that it is substantial enough to cause serious business and possibly criminal fallout.

I think everyone is starting to see through his deflection tactics. Iran etc... 

The countdown has started. 

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think everyone is starting to see through his deflection tactics. Iran etc... 

The countdown has started. 

Not his minions and they're the ones whose silence is allowing this utter farce to continue.

"fire and fury", aye ok then .

"you will suffer consequences the likes of which few throughout history have suffered before". That must be a double positive as opposed to his double negative, last week.

All coming from "your favourite President" as he planks his arse behind the big desk in the Oval Office.  His childish rants may get us all in deep shit one of these times . Unfortunately he and his henchmen will be whisked off to the biggest, most beautiful bomb shelter ever constructed, if/when it ever happens.

"Despise" does not begin to cover it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

She's by no means the worst, not even in the top 10, but Sarah Sanders grinds my gears. She's going to be doing some amount of uncomfortable reckoning when she's 85 and sitting on a porch chair somewhere. 

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Not his minions and they're the ones whose silence is allowing this utter farce to continue.

"fire and fury", aye ok then .

"you will suffer consequences the likes of which few throughout history have suffered before". That must be a double positive as opposed to his double negative, last week.

All coming from "your favourite President" as he planks his arse behind the big desk in the Oval Office.  His childish rants may get us all in deep shit one of these times . Unfortunately he and his henchmen will be whisked off to the biggest, most beautiful bomb shelter ever constructed, if/when it ever happens.

"Despise" does not begin to cover it.

When the USA attacked Iraq they had some early success, then the whole thing collapsed into a long drawn out stalemate that cost thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars.  

Iran is a much, much tougher nut to crack than Iraq. An American attack will be a disaster for everyone.  But it would probably boost Trump's approval rating, and the 2020 election is not that far away.  

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

When the USA attacked Iraq they had some early success, then the whole thing collapsed into a long drawn out stalemate that cost thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars.  

Iran is a much, much tougher nut to crack than Iraq. An American attack will be a disaster for everyone.  But it would probably boost Trump's approval rating, and the 2020 election is not that far away.  

Attack Iran(for no reason) and there'll be no elections anywhere for a very long time. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Attack Iran(for no reason) and there'll be no elections anywhere for a very long time. 

We’re doomed.

J.T.F.Robertson

One for any "soulies" on the thread;

NEVER (NEVER) GONNA GIVE YOU UP, 

NO MATTER HOW YOU TWEET ME.

Coat fetched. :(

??????? 

The inactivity and silence on this thread is deafening.

Good news for brexit this free trade zero tariff cuddle in with the defender of the political correctness b8ble that is the EU.

I remind you .

Give it laldy especially to those who claim they are on your side.

Trumps gonnae sook the boaby the same one Obama spooked.

That's all folks

53 minutes ago, jake said:

??????? 

Good news for brexit this free trade zero tariff cuddle in with the defender of the political correctness b8ble that is the EU.

I remind you .

That's all folks

Obama spooked a boaby?  How did he do that?

3 hours ago, jake said:

??????? 

I remind you .

That's all folks

Normally I can understand your posts, but not this one.

What is " political correctness b8ble" ?

"Trumps gonnae sook the boaby the same one Obama spooked."  What???

5 hours ago, jake said:

??????? 

I remind you .

That's all folks

Boo hoo! 

5 hours ago, jake said:

??????? 

I remind you .

That's all folks

:th_Rage2:

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, jake said:

??????? 

I remind you .

That's all folks

:cornette_dog:

Between phone calls being made public about payoff to a Playboy model that had a nearly year long affair with Trump, which he persistently lied did not happen, with his tariffs to save money going to cost the American people twelve billion dollars to subsidise farmers who have lost customers because of tariffs, his love affair with Putin and his invitation for a second meeting at the White House, which has now been cancelled, he is like someone who fell into a pool of water and is flapping about with no idea how to save themself.  I watched Pompeo answering questions to members of Congress.  He was asked the straightforward question "did the President brief you on the private meeting he had with Putin ?" he could not or would not answer and mumbled about the Presidents right to meet with whom he wants privately, it is sad to see a man being forced by his loyalty to his leader putting himself in such a sad position by a man who has absolutely no loyalty to anyone, particularly his wife.

He has threatened to remove the security clearance of a number of former officials in the intelligence area, two of them threatened Comey and McCabe have no security clearances they lost theirs when they were fired. He was asked a pointed question by a CNN reporter at a conference yesterday, I believe it is the same girl who asked him at a previous meeeting if he believed that Putin meddled in the election, he replied "no" then his paid story teller tried to explain what he meant, which was pathetic, after the question at the first meeting yesterday, the female reporter was barred from the second meeting, again a suggested never before action.

Anyone who does not believe that this man has a serious phsychological problem which includes a belief ot total mental strength, a desire for power, regular self contradiction, and the worst of the lot pathological lies which some think as I do that at the time he believes what he is saying, and when he sees he was wrong contradicts himself with more lies.  Do not forget, this man is in charge of the nuclear armaments of the United States, he has threatened two countries with force such as the world has never seen, if he gets round to threatening a third, say such as Russia they may not bother with verbal answers but drop a couple of nukes in reply. And still his ratings go up.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Between phone calls being made public about payoff to a Playboy model that had a nearly year long affair with Trump, which he persistently lied did not happen, with his tariffs to save money going to cost the American people twelve billion dollars to subsidise farmers who have lost customers because of tariffs, his love affair with Putin and his invitation for a second meeting at the White House, which has now been cancelled, he is like someone who fell into a pool of water and is flapping about with no idea how to save themself.  I watched Pompeo answering questions to members of Congress.  He was asked the straightforward question "did the President brief you on the private meeting he had with Putin ?" he could not or would not answer and mumbled about the Presidents right to meet with whom he wants privately, it is sad to see a man being forced by his loyalty to his leader putting himself in such a sad position by a man who has absolutely no loyalty to anyone, particularly his wife.

He has threatened to remove the security clearance of a number of former officials in the intelligence area, two of them threatened Comey and McCabe have no security clearances they lost theirs when they were fired. He was asked a pointed question by a CNN reporter at a conference yesterday, I believe it is the same girl who asked him at a previous meeeting if he believed that Putin meddled in the election, he replied "no" then his paid story teller tried to explain what he meant, which was pathetic, after the question at the first meeting yesterday, the female reporter was barred from the second meeting, again a suggested never before action.

Anyone who does not believe that this man has a serious phsychological problem which includes a belief ot total mental strength, a desire for power, regular self contradiction, and the worst of the lot pathological lies which some think as I do that at the time he believes what he is saying, and when he sees he was wrong contradicts himself with more lies.  Do not forget, this man is in charge of the nuclear armaments of the United States, he has threatened two countries with force such as the world has never seen, if he gets round to threatening a third, say such as Russia they may not bother with verbal answers but drop a couple of nukes in reply. And still his ratings go up.

All part of a pattern?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44959300

All small seeminly random events, but put them alongside the continual undermining of certain sections of the unflattering & critical media (in Trump's opinion) and a dangerious and unhealthy pattern begins to emerge.

39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

All part of a pattern?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44959300

All small seeminly random events, but put them alongside the continual undermining of certain sections of the unflattering & critical media (in Trump's opinion) and a dangerious and unhealthy pattern begins to emerge.

I found that interesting but have to confess I am a wee bit proud of myself remembering some of what I was taught in hours of sociology and phsychology classes. I am not a university degree holder, but between college level courses,  and thirty six years of dealing with people of all kinds, classes , and character I have learned something, and I will say Donald Trump is one of the most dangerous people I have seen. To paraphrase badly the Bible the statement 'forgive him for he knows not what he is doing" to me epitomises Donald Trump. in some ways he is a tragic innocent, the truly guilty are those who knowingly support his lies, for their own personal good, particularly in reelection times, and who will be the first to cast stones at this poor sinner when it all goes to shit.

28 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I found that interesting but have to confess I am a wee bit proud of myself remembering some of what I was taught in hours of sociology and phsychology classes. I am not a university degree holder, but between college level courses,  and thirty six years of dealing with people of all kinds, classes , and character I have learned something, and I will say Donald Trump is one of the most dangerous people I have seen. To paraphrase badly the Bible the statement 'forgive him for he knows not what he is doing" to me epitomises Donald Trump. in some ways he is a tragic innocent, the truly guilty are those who knowingly support his lies, for their own personal good, particularly in reelection times, and who will be the first to cast stones at this poor sinner when it all goes to shit.

I've been listening to a podcast called "Slow Burn" which follows the slow, painstaking unravelling of the Watergate affair. It's interesting for me as a documentary of events I was too young to be fully aware of at the time but it also serves as an analogy for current times. At the start it poses the question along the lines of "If there was a Watergate scandal and cover up happening right now, would we be aware of it and the significance?" One of the episodes struck me as resonating particularly with Trump at the moment and it was on the subject of Nixon's core supporters. When interviewed they stayed resolutely behind Nixon till close to the end. They either didn't believe the allegations of the Watergate affair or, very importantly, they simply didn't care. I think this is true now too of Trump's supporters. His casual, almost compulsive, lies are worth nothing more than a shrug of their shoulders.

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I think that the best we can hope for at this stage is that the Republicans will take a hammering at the mid-term elections in November.

That will reflect badly on Trump, and the remaining Republicans in Congress will start to panic about their own political careers.  Maybe at that point Congress will rein in Trump's erratic behaviour.  We can live in hope.

Jambo-Jimbo
39 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think that the best we can hope for at this stage is that the Republicans will take a hammering at the mid-term elections in November.

That will reflect badly on Trump, and the remaining Republicans in Congress will start to panic about their own political careers.  Maybe at that point Congress will rein in Trump's erratic behaviour.  We can live in hope.

The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Follow the money, follow the money, well New York State Attorney is doing just that,  a subpoena has been issued for Trumps top finance man, he is said to know everything about all the money transactions. Of course the fake news all say this is the last nail in Trumps presidential coffin, if this guy opens up he will really expose Donald. Mueller is apparently also looking at Trumps tweets, it is suspected he is looking for statements that would be seen to contribute to obstruction of Justice. VFW executives are complaining that Trumps security bills for his weekly golf trips have cost in excess of $74,000,000  and his grand parade will cost at least $12,000,000 yet he has given nothing to veterans, and is the only President in office for the time he has been in that has not visited a U.S. military post in a war zone.

He better get his Supreme Court nominee confirmed soon, that is his main hope for not spending a long term in jail. I think I will withdraw my life savings from the bank and lay off a bet in Vegas on him not finishing his first term.  I am sure my $150.  will get me a good return.

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Follow the money, follow the money, well New York State Attorney is doing just that,  a subpoena has been issued for Trumps top finance man, he is said to know everything about all the money transactions. Of course the fake news all say this is the last nail in Trumps presidential coffin, if this guy opens up he will really expose Donald. Mueller is apparently also looking at Trumps tweets, it is suspected he is looking for statements that would be seen to contribute to obstruction of Justice. VFW executives are complaining that Trumps security bills for his weekly golf trips have cost in excess of $74,000,000  and his grand parade will cost at least $12,000,000 yet he has given nothing to veterans, and is the only President in office for the time he has been in that has not visited a U.S. military post in a war zone.

He better get his Supreme Court nominee confirmed soon, that is his main hope for not spending a long term in jail. I think I will withdraw my life savings from the bank and lay off a bet in Vegas on him not finishing his first term.  I am sure my $150.  will get me a good return.

For people like Trump it's always about the money.

There is a very good reason why Trump hasn't released his tax returns.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • cosanostra pinned and unpinned this topic