U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

President Trump while speaking to visiting bikers at his New Jersey holiday site, with his hand covering his mouth described to a bikers comment his former aide, and Apprentice program person Omarosa as a lowlife. I do not know anything really about this woman, but would she not in her position at the White House have been his decision .  What is the situatioin at the present White House that so many are discovered to be charlatans, lowlifes, and people who had minor positions in his campaign. There must be someone or something there that is causing people to change so drastically. 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, bobsharp said:

President Trump while speaking to visiting bikers at his New Jersey holiday site, with his hand covering his mouth described to a bikers comment his former aide, and Apprentice program person Omarosa as a lowlife. I do not know anything really about this woman, but would she not in her position at the White House have been his decision .  What is the situatioin at the present White House that so many are discovered to be charlatans, lowlifes, and people who had minor positions in his campaign. There must be someone or something there that is causing people to change so drastically. 

that comes from her releasing her memoirs where she called trump a racist, and that he used the b word and made racist comments about kellyanne conways husband (he is 1/2 filipino)

38 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that comes from her releasing her memoirs where she called trump a racist, and that he used the b word and made racist comments about kellyanne conways husband (he is 1/2 filipino)

I assume you mean N word? B and N are next to each other on the keyboard.

34 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I assume you mean N word? B and N are next to each other on the keyboard.

oops yes i meant n not b

I watched an short interview on TV yesterday.  There were 5 white, suburban women which, apparently, is an important demographic in the upcoming mid-term elections.  Two of the women were declared Dems, two were declared Republicans, and one was undecided.

The Democratic women were highly critical of Trump's behaviour and tweets.  The Republican women brushed that aside, saying that Trump's actions are more important than his words.  I took that to mean that they wouldn't care about him using the N word.

44 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I watched an short interview on TV yesterday.  There were 5 white, suburban women which, apparently, is an important demographic in the upcoming mid-term elections.  Two of the women were declared Dems, two were declared Republicans, and one was undecided.

The Democratic women were highly critical of Trump's behaviour and tweets.  The Republican women brushed that aside, saying that Trump's actions are more important than his words.  I took that to mean that they wouldn't care about him using the N word.

Thats pretty much my point about many of the women religious and other, as I say the religious women plead that forgiveness makes all right, the placard carrying Women for Trump overlook his complete disdain for women in his conduct, in his rhetoric the departure from the bus comments about grabbing private parts etc. are repulsive disrespectful and just wrong. Trump in his attitude to women is no better than Cosby, and others who used their position power and money to achieve their purpose, some are charged and some are evicted from their positions, but Trump marches on, but is it not leemings who march steadfastly to the edge of the cliff and march over to their demise.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Thats pretty much my point about many of the women religious and other, as I say the religious women plead that forgiveness makes all right, the placard carrying Women for Trump overlook his complete disdain for women in his conduct, in his rhetoric the departure from the bus comments about grabbing private parts etc. are repulsive disrespectful and just wrong. Trump in his attitude to women is no better than Cosby, and others who used their position power and money to achieve their purpose, some are charged and some are evicted from their positions, but Trump marches on, but is it not leemings who march steadfastly to the edge of the cliff and march over to their demise.

Actually that was Disney fake news!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/white-wilderness/

The Trump Presidency is defined by his crazy tweets.

She was unqualified to work in the West Wing, but he admitted in an earlier tweet that he gave her the job at the White House because she always said nice things about him!!!

A nice, well-paid job at tax-payer expense, just so that he could have his ego stroked.  Is that what's called "draining the swamp"?

Two unstable people who have fallen out with each other.  Trump is reaping what he sowed.

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I  wonder if she hadn't been sacked how long it would have taken her to resign.

Are you suggesting this lady may put money before principle?

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I  wonder if she hadn't been sacked how long it would have taken her to resign.

That's good question and as she said herself she had a blind spot when it came to Trump.

It's like the wife who knows her husband is having an affair, but chooses to ignore it, that is until the time comes when she can ignore it no longer and has to admit and accept what has been staring her in the face all along.

27 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Trump Presidency is defined by his crazy tweets.

She was unqualified to work in the West Wing, but he admitted in an earlier tweet that he gave her the job at the White House because she always said nice things about him!!!

A nice, well-paid job at tax-payer expense, just so that he could have his ego stroked.  Is that what's called "draining the swamp"?

Two unstable people who have fallen out with each other.  Trump is reaping what he sowed.

As are a lot of Trump's appointees.

A bit like himself, completly unqualified for the job at hand.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's good question and as she said herself she had a blind spot when it came to Trump.

It's like the wife who knows her husband is having an affair, but chooses to ignore it, that is until the time comes when she can ignore it no longer and has to admit and accept what has been staring her in the face all along.

Unless your Hilary Clinton:D.

She is totally without a vestige of credibility, she is a liar, a user, call her what you like but she learned from a master at these traits. She has the recordings, which she learned to do I bet you will never guess from  whom, a wee clue he is now President of the United States. As often happens people like Trump guard and prepare themselves for attacks by such as Mueller, and forget about the ones he trusted because they were so like himself. He is in trouble he knows it, and he is responding as he always does with anger, hyperbole, and insults. The disappointment I have is that the Republican members in the House and Senate support him, for one reason alone their survival, when that is endangered they will also turn on him, they lose more than votes, they will lose the respect of members and voters of their party.

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Are you suggesting this lady may put money before principle?

She claims she was offered $15,000m amonth just to sit at home and say nothing, just like Trumps former head of security is doing, I guess she saw that as paltry compared to what she can make of a book and the possible movie.

50 minutes ago, Barack said:

"President Trump fired off a nasty tweet at his former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman Tuesday, calling her a "lowlife" and a "dog."

"When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!" Trump tweeted.

I'll be honest, I'm sceptical of her claims. Even though, it's not a stretch of the imagination to believe them true.

But, again, this is the President of The United States, showing his blatant misogyny against women. It's a pathetic tweet. Truly.

Once again showing his true self in that tweet.

FFS the President of the United States calling people a dog and a lowlife, that is the type of langauge you'd expect from the dictator of some tin pot banana republic.

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Or on a slightly more precise analogy 

... until her husband kicks her out.

Edited by Francis Albert

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's all a bit boring now. The media should just call a blackout of Trump. 

I know what you mean.  After a while, saying "Oh my god, look what the idiot has said/tweeted now!" begins to lose its impact.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

I know what you mean.  After a while, saying "Oh my god, look what the idiot has said/tweeted now!" begins to lose its impact.

I think he actually loves it. Cutting the media oxygen might drive him round the bend. Narcissism will be his down fall. 

45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think he actually loves it. Cutting the media oxygen might drive him round the bend. Narcissism will be his down fall. 

Of course he loves it, it's why he calls people lowlife & dogs as he knows that he'll be the main headline on the news.

As Oscar Wilde said: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

What I can't comprehend is the likes of CNN etc, after being called fake news and Trump even refusing to take questions from them, they then sit down for a one on one interview with the tw@t, why, why give the tw@t the air time, when you can bet that he'll slate you once again as soon as he can.

J.T.F.Robertson

Certainly has a voluminous vocabulary.

Why oh why do none of the Republican hierarchy ditch this clown? (rhetorical)

7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Certainly has a voluminous vocabulary.

Why oh why do none of the Republican hierarchy ditch this clown? (rhetorical)

It's all about the mid-term elections now. 

If the Republicans do well, he'll be a hero.  If the Republicans do poorly and, say, lose control of either the House or the Senate, the family-values party will decide that they finally need to do something about the misogynist, racist, liar.

J.T.F.Robertson
34 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's all about the mid-term elections now. 

If the Republicans do well, he'll be a hero.  If the Republicans do poorly and, say, lose control of either the House or the Senate, the family-values party will decide that they finally need to do something about the misogynist, racist, liar.

To his followers, aye, but to the ones elected to know better? Much soul-selling methinks(knows).

John Gentleman
On 12/08/2018 at 03:15, Maple Leaf said:

I'm behaving.  And "you lot" are providing the even handedness.  

But since you insist on bringing up history, JFK has been dead for 55 years and his sexual excesses were not publicly known during his lifetime.  I don't know if you remember that, but I do.

And Clinton was impeached for his behaviour.

I'm not suggesting that Trump be impeached, but there is no doubt that he is a racist and a liar.  But you carry on trying to deflect by bringing up incidents from 20 and 55 years ago.

I remember it too. I can even remember what I was doing when I heard he'd been assassinated. It was one of 'those' seminal moments in time. But yes, it was only after his death that his sexual adventures dribbed and drabbed into the public domain.

Doubt he (or anyone) would get away with it in today's hyper-connected world, though Trump's gotten away with it so far. Bear in mind that many of his 'alleged' misbehaviours took place way back in the analogue world. In today's world of mass surveillance ye' cannae have a fly pee up a close without being captured on some digicam.  

White House refuses to officially confirm that no "n-word" tapes from the Apprentice exist, despite Pres.Cheeto claiming otherwise.

:gfy:

Alex Jones temporarily suspended from Twitter for advocating violence. Surely a full-on ban must be around the corner?

2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I remember it too. I can even remember what I was doing when I heard he'd been assassinated. It was one of 'those' seminal moments in time. But yes, it was only after his death that his sexual adventures dribbed and drabbed into the public domain.

Doubt he (or anyone) would get away with it in today's hyper-connected world, though Trump's gotten away with it so far. Bear in mind that many of his 'alleged' misbehaviours took place way back in the analogue world. In today's world of mass surveillance ye' cannae have a fly pee up a close without being captured on some digicam. 

Yes, changed days indeed.  Not only did the public not know about Kennedy's many extra-marital affairs, we didn't know about his Parkinson's disease, nor his chronic back problems.

Trump, for all his many deficiencies as a President, seems to have managed to keep it inside his pants during his presidency.  Maybe it's an age thing ... he's 26 years older than JFK was.  

J.T.F.Robertson

Brennan's security clearance revoked, down in part to his "erratic behaviour", according to Sarah "Tokyo Rose" Sanders, AND she kept a straight face. :o

9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Brennan's security clearance revoked, down in part to his "erratic behaviour", according to Sarah "Tokyo Rose" Sanders, AND she kept a straight face. :o

Jim Comey will be next. 

Scnorthedinburgh

It appears to have been set up for a while, the release they handed the press at the briefing was dated July.

It's a weird Administration.

1 hour ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

It appears to have been set up for a while, the release they handed the press at the briefing was dated July.

It's a weird Administration.

Understatement of the 21st century. 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Jim Comey will be next. 

Comey and Mcabe lost their security clearances when they were fired.  16 July was the date when Trump first announced his security clearance hit list. Stories had it that he was advised not to do it at all, Paul Ryan made a statement in the house that it was just a threat. It is beyond belief that Trump will take action against anyone for doing exactly what he does, only a person with some form of mental disorder or at the least serious doubts about his own ability and position would correspond in the way he does. If and it is a big if to me the Dems sweep the November elections Donald will be out faster than the speed of light

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

I reckon there'll be a 10 seat swing.

Last night I watched some of the nominated candidates results, one State the candidate for Governor is transgender, another state a muslim woman, I think in my old age even I realise the great chnges in the world of today, but I just hope the efforts to increase total diversity do not fall victim to the less than genuine feelings of some and they feel the move too, I am having a problem finding the word I want, I will try but not totally satisfied with, much. On the converse many of the Republican States have gone for the Trump sponsored candidate, this too could be a problem as time goes closer and Trump becomes more verbiose in his campaign speeches.

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

I reckon there'll be a 10 seat swing.

But will his supporters accept any result which goes against them, now that Trump has given them such a high profile voice.

I fear that the die has already been cast and America will only become ever more and more divided.

21 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Last night I watched some of the nominated candidates results, one State the candidate for Governor is transgender, another state a muslim woman, I think in my old age even I realise the great chnges in the world of today, but I just hope the efforts to increase total diversity do not fall victim to the less than genuine feelings of some and they feel the move too, I am having a problem finding the word I want, I will try but not totally satisfied with, much. On the converse many of the Republican States have gone for the Trump sponsored candidate, this too could be a problem as time goes closer and Trump becomes more verbiose in his campaign speeches.

I know it shouldn't but your bit about a Muslim woman saddens me as if you are saying its gesture politics. Maybe if they are trying to promote tiny minorities of the American population they will next try and get a Jewish person nominated

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I know it shouldn't but your bit about a Muslim woman saddens me as if you are saying its gesture politics. Maybe if they are trying to promote tiny minorities of the American population they will next try and get a Jewish person nominated

It is not really what I was trying to say, but now you mention it that may have been exactly what I was saying. For a start why is it important to mention her religion almost immediately, it sure hit the fake news and each one described her as Muslim the first such woman ever to be nominated, when one considers Trumps obvious bias against Muslims is it not possible that she is in fact the victim of gesture politics. I really have no card to play in this game of candidates, I am not American as has been pointed out, but I am sufficiently against Trump to really not care what religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation anyone has, I just want the the non Trump choice to win. Just for clarification  my use of the term fake news was sarcasm against Donald. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

As a caveat to this, JJ. 

Today's press editorials of over 350 news agencies, rebuking him for his attack on Free Press(or what he imagines it as) will hurt him. It's not blue states news taking the offensive on this, it's red too. Republican backing Democrat over the issue. 

The President is attacking one of the founding principles, enshrined in the First Amendment of the Constitution. A retraction of sorts, must soon be forthcoming; because despite 51% of Republican's now believing they are "the enemy of the people"...Fox News & Tweets, will not win them support for the upcoming elections in the media & press. Grass roots publications across the country, will have a fair sway on locals towns & cities.

He's making a large mistake taking on Free Speech & The Press. 

Oh, the irony.

9 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

It is not really what I was trying to say, but now you mention it that may have been exactly what I was saying. For a start why is it important to mention her religion almost immediately, it sure hit the fake news and each one described her as Muslim the first such woman ever to be nominated, when one considers Trumps obvious bias against Muslims is it not possible that she is in fact the victim of gesture politics. I really have no card to play in this game of candidates, I am not American as has been pointed out, but I am sufficiently against Trump to really not care what religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation anyone has, I just want the the non Trump choice to win. Just for clarification  my use of the term fake news was sarcasm against Donald. 

I suppose it is possible she is being used as a political pawn, sad though that is. Like you I sincerely hope the democrats can gain enough seats in the autumn to force the republicans to do something about Trump. Only problem is who the vice president is

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I suppose it is possible she is being used as a political pawn, sad though that is. Like you I sincerely hope the democrats can gain enough seats in the autumn to force the republicans to do something about Trump. Only problem is who the vice president is

I wouldn't honestly call her a political pawn. She has been interviewed quite frequently on the news I watch over a period. Starting when the election coverage started. The constant opener was the first muslim woman to run and be nominated for a position.  She is an excellent speaker, she has clear objectives in her platform and expresses and presents herself well.  To be honest until our conversation I never seen her as anything other than a candidate but could not but help seeing the emphasis the media put on her gender and religion.

13 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I wouldn't honestly call her a political pawn. She has been interviewed quite frequently on the news I watch over a period. Starting when the election coverage started. The constant opener was the first muslim woman to run and be nominated for a position.  She is an excellent speaker, she has clear objectives in her platform and expresses and presents herself well.  To be honest until our conversation I never seen her as anything other than a candidate but could not but help seeing the emphasis the media put on her gender and religion.

Just of interest there have been 34 persons of Jewish faith served in Congress. There are 177 persons of Jewish Faith served in the House. I am not aware whether or not any are running in this next election.

3 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Just of interest there have been 34 persons of Jewish faith served in Congress. There are 177 persons of Jewish Faith served in the House. I am not aware whether or not any are running in this next election.

When are the elections, Bob? 

The midterms are in November, and of course the Presidential 2020. The ones that have just finished or are finishing are  when the parties elect their choice for the November elections. Most of the candidates have now stated their individual platforms to be nominated now they get into true battle with the opposing party candidates. The elec tions are always interesting especially for an outside viewer, but Trump with his sanctions, tariffs, and geopolitical statements has I suspect made it very interesting internationally. It is difficult for the likes of me not to be interested for the majority of tv stations I watch are American stations, and it is difficult when you hear something just to say its none of my business and just change channels.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

You must be being serious, Alfa. 

You're not using large font.

Yeah, and I also spell checked it.

2 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Lou Dobbs saying that someone else has an ugly personality.  What a joke!

Dobbs is a pathetic Trump boot licker.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Barack said:

You must be being serious, Alfa. 

You're not using large font.

:lol:

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)