U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Lou Dobbs saying that someone else has an ugly personality.  What a joke!

Dobbs is a pathetic Trump boot licker.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

It would be nice to read your views on some of these matters, rather than you merely posting a video without comment.

As you've raised the subject of Mueller, I'd be interested in reading your opinion about why Trump is terrified of the Meuller investigation.  After all, Meuller is the only one who can prove Trump innocent of the so-called collusion charge.

But Trump, and all his acolytes in the media and elsewhere, bang on continuously about shutting down the investigation.  What is he afraid of?  

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Donnie spitting the dummy because he's not getting his wee parade

prick

A draft dodger who likes watching real men and women marching.  He likes to salute too.  It's fun pretending to be a soldier.

He's running up a trillion dollar deficit this year, but it's OK to spend an estimated $90 million to amuse himself for a couple of hours.  :tank:

Craig Gordons Gloves

Apparently the military were unable to take part in his parade due to bone spurs....

But but but he's the smartest person in the room, nay the smartest genius in the room.

In other news,

The judge in the trial of Paul Manafort has refused to publish the names of the jurors after revealing that he has been personally threatened and is currently being protected by US Marshals and therefore if he a judge has been threatened then it is safe to assume that the jurors might be as well.

This comes after Trump once again defends Manafort.

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn at the White House, before departing for a fundraiser on Long Island. “I think it’s a very sad day for our country. He happens to be a very good person, and I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/17/trump-manafort-pardon-trial-jury-latest-news

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

1 minute ago, Barack said:

He'll pardon him. Sure as the Sun rises & sets.

I agree. But just takes one Trumpanzee juror influenced by his well timed stunt on Brennan and co to avert that s-storm. 

21 hours ago, Barack said:

He'll pardon him. Sure as the Sun rises & sets.

Given his performance with the Vietnam veterans, he'll probably pardon the wrong guy - or pardon the right person for the wrong crime.

:rofl:

School-teachers can barely afford to buy their own supplies for clases yet this prick wanted to spend $90,000,000+ on a parade.

Guys and absolute ****ing roaster. Just as well he armed the Saudis to the tune of $110bn so he could afford it.

Trump was so excited about N.Korea returning remains of Korean war dead. There was a very short report and I had not seen it repeated that the remains of a  U.S. serviceman returned by North Korea have been identified. These remains were returned in 1990.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Trump was so excited about N.Korea returning remains of Korean war dead. There was a very short report and I had not seen it repeated that the remains of a  U.S. serviceman returned by North Korea have been identified. These remains were returned in 1990.

So in other words only the partial remains of US servicemen had previously been returned and the remainder of their bodies returned now, which means in effect there could be, instead of the promised 200, only 20+ bodies in total, or bits of bodies and passed off as a different soldier each time.  Surely they wouldn't do such a thing!

But fear not Bob, President Napalm will have anticipated such a move from the North Koreans, he is afterall the smartest genius in the room, also his extensive military expertise will have taught him to be wary of an adversaries apparent acts of compassion and that it might not be all it seems.

P.S. Did he ever say how many people were in the room at the same time as him when he was the smartest present?

I also saw an interview with the guys who will be examining the remains received most recently. The first thing they stressed was that in the fifty boxes was not the remains of one person but many different bones, some of which may not even be human.  Their first task will be to spread out all the remains seperate parts that are recognisable and dispose of those that are completely identified as non human. They again stressed that science has moved quite far recently and methods improved but the whole process will be quite time consuming.

On another front breaking news that one of Trumps top lawyers has been giving considerable evidence to Mueller, differing opinions about this some say he is concerned that Trump will throw him under the bus, others say Trump has given his full cooperation and waived lawyer client and Executive privilege. It is felt if he has given the true story, in my words the ba's burst.

Been watching the early morning Sunday shows, lots of talk, lots of the same stuff hashed all over again, but the highlight and absolute star is the show stealing legal expert Rudy Giuliani.  Talk about a laughfest, but I do feel a bit ashamed of myself, one should not laugh at a person because they have the accepted memory and factual lapses related to advanced years. Or are in fact just stupid.

1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

Been watching the early morning Sunday shows, lots of talk, lots of the same stuff hashed all over again, but the highlight and absolute star is the show stealing legal expert Rudy Giuliani.  Talk about a laughfest, but I do feel a bit ashamed of myself, one should not laugh at a person because they have the accepted memory and factual lapses related to advanced years. Or are in fact just stupid.

What's he been saying?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What's he been saying?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What's he been saying?

He is on about Brennan and basically going with Trump that he was the worst CIA  Director ever, he then went on about when the truth isn't the truth, the interviewer, couldn't help laughing, of course saying there is basically only one definiton of truth, Rudy again used as he has before stated that Trump and Comey give different stories about Comeys firing both are telling the truth but Comey isn't. Then he goes on about the Trump Tower meeting, of course contradicts what he has previously said, then admits that it was to get dirt on Clinton and it was pointed out it was with a Russian official so that was collusion then he went off at a tangent again. He is actually more to be pitied than pilloried, as an elder person you, and I do realise that although you feel that you are operating at the same level as everyone else the truth especially on reflection or reading your own comments you realise that all is not as it was. This is livable in general life but should be considered in positions as important as the one he holds.

SwindonJambo
27 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

He is on about Brennan and basically going with Trump that he was the worst CIA  Director ever, he then went on about when the truth isn't the truth, the interviewer, couldn't help laughing, of course saying there is basically only one definiton of truth, Rudy again used as he has before stated that Trump and Comey give different stories about Comeys firing both are telling the truth but Comey isn't. Then he goes on about the Trump Tower meeting, of course contradicts what he has previously said, then admits that it was to get dirt on Clinton and it was pointed out it was with a Russian official so that was collusion then he went off at a tangent again. He is actually more to be pitied than pilloried, as an elder person you, and I do realise that although you feel that you are operating at the same level as everyone else the truth especially on reflection or reading your own comments you realise that all is not as it was. This is livable in general life but should be considered in positions as important as the one he holds.

Nothing much wrong with your old grey matter Bob! I’m 30 years younger than you and always enjoy reading your take on the World ;) 

Can’t say the same for POTUS though. He’s a profoundly loathsome, self contradictory rambling inconsistent clown. Hopefully not long until he has enough rope to hang himself with.

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Nothing much wrong with your old grey matter Bob! I’m 30 years younger than you and always enjoy reading your take on the World ;) 

Can’t say the same for POTUS though. He’s a profoundly loathsome, self contradictory rambling inconsistent clown. Hopefully not long until he has enough rope to hang himself with.

By the sounds of things Rudy is tying the knots as we speak.

2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Cheers Bob.

SwindonJambo
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

By the sounds of things Rudy is tying the knots as we speak.

Good. A fellow republican too. Hopefully not long until he walks the plank. A gubbing in the mid term elections will help too 

Seen the Giuliani interview on the news this morning.

He comes over as being as thick as mince and a complete loose canon, to such an extent that even this WH wouldn't be so incompetent as to wheel him out on the Sunday talk shows every week, unless this is all part of a plan and strategy of course, just what that plan is, beats me at the moment.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:08, Maple Leaf said:

It would be nice to read your views on some of these matters, rather than you merely posting a video without comment.

As you've raised the subject of Mueller, I'd be interested in reading your opinion about why Trump is terrified of the Meuller investigation.  After all, Meuller is the only one who can prove Trump innocent of the so-called collusion charge.

But Trump, and all his acolytes in the media and elsewhere, bang on continuously about shutting down the investigation.  What is he afraid of?  

Is it not the case that the Mueller brigade are in disarray?

They know that they don’t have a case, illusion is their collusion in the real world.

Nineteen months of prehensile etherealising.

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble, its a witchhunt.

Edited by alfajambo

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Truth isn't Truth."

Sound. Let's have all the cases whereby a person has been convicted, re-opened. Seems like there's been a flaw in the process...

The only thing I can think of is that if there is a certain sequence of factual occurrences, one person can cherry pick some of those facts in order to give an impression of an overall picture, whereas a second person can cherry pick other parts of the truth to paint a different picture. In both cases, the truth is being told,  but the resultant picture and conclusions are different.

However, if that is what he was trying to say then he should have said exactly that and not the crap he came out with.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

All thats describing, is from a Defence Lawyer's perspective to get a client off the hook. Any client. That's what he is now, even though he's a Prosecution Lawyer by trade. You know tricks on both sides.

He's ****ing senile, and an absolute incompetent. He doesn't even know what trying to say, never mind TV Hosts. 

If I was Mueller, & I sat down to take on Guilianni & Trump in a Courtroom...I'd be the happiest person on the planet. 

I hope he gets the chance. I like the way he's taking out the hangers-on one by one though, leaving Trump increasingly isolated. It will be far harder for Trump to provide false testimony without others who were involved at the time being present to falsely corroborate that testimony. Of course, Trump doesn't help his position at all by turning on most if not all of his previous colleagues who have been investigated or who have left his administration. Even a powerful person needs to keep at least some friends...

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

They know that they don’t have a case, illusion is their collusion in the real world.

Think I prefer your videos to be honest

4 hours ago, Barack said:

"Truth isn't Truth."

Sound. Let's have all the cases whereby a person has been convicted, re-opened. Seems like there's been a flaw in the process...

When I said isn't, I meant is.  As in Tisn'twasn't.

6 hours ago, alfajambo said:

"Witch hunt".  Straight out of Trump's phrase book.

Just for the record, Meuller has indicted 32 people, five of those have already pleaded guilty, three of whom were former Trump aides.

No witch hunt, no disarray.  Meuller is uncovering crimes.

But you didn't offer your opinion to my question ... why is Trump so afraid of the Meuller investigation?  Do you think that it's possible that Trump is aware of other crimes that have been committed, and he's worried that Meuller might uncover them too?

Just watched Mrs Trump giving a talk in a conference about children and cyber bullying. I cannot quote her directly but I was in tune with the person reporting that she did make comments about misuse and behaviour on social media including by adults.  There was a general consensus that she made a dig at her husband probably his tweets.  As his tweets this weekend have been horrible, rude and cruel, her point is well made. It seeems that on the occasions she has public exposure she makes a point, quite skilfully of crapping on him without being too obvious.

6 hours ago, alfajambo said:

While we're here, perhaps you'd like to offer an opinion as to why American Christians still staunchly support Trump, despite his obvious violation of several of the Ten Commandments.  Based on my reading of Exodus, he's broken the following Commandments:

20:08 "Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy". (He plays golf most weekends, speaks at political rallies during which he frequently uses profanity)

20:14 "Thou shalt not commit adultery." (With at least three separate women)

20:15 "Thou shalt not steal." (His business history is replete with stories of him cheating employees and contractors)

20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness." (Thousands of lies in his first 18 months as President)

20:17 "Thou shalt not covet." (He's on tape as having hit on a married woman, who spurned him).

Five fails, that we know of, out of ten.  And American Christians grovel at his feet.  Any thoughts about that?

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

While we're here, perhaps you'd like to offer an opinion as to why American Christians still staunchly support Trump, despite his obvious violation of several of the Ten Commandments.  Based on my reading of Exodus, he's broken the following Commandments:

20:08 "Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy". (He plays golf most weekends, speaks at political rallies during which he frequently uses profanity)

20:15 "Thou shalt not steal." (His business history is replete with stories of him cheating employees and contractors)

20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness." (Thousands of lies in his first 18 months as President)

20:17 "Thou shalt not covet." (He's on tape as having hit on a married woman, who spurned him).

Five fails, that we know of, out of ten.  And American Christians grovel at his feet.  Any thoughts about that?

I reckon he's been coveting my ass as well.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

In response to your question.

Nobody is righteous, not even one.

That includes, Trump, his supporters and the rest.

It is my understanding that many prophetic voices (biblically false prophets IMO) within the American Church proclaimed that Trump would be President. This at a time before he became a serious player.

This false extra biblical revelation seems to have been seized upon by many Americans who profess to be Christian. Many interpreting these false prophesises as Gods True Word.

Most if not all, American mega churches teach a version of Christianity which bears no resemblance to the teaching of Jesus in the NT.

They preach a therapeutic worldly message, centred on blessing and prosperity, where the congregation wish to have their ears tickled. They latch on to any new perceived revelation.

Edited by alfajambo

45 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

In response to your question.

Nobody is righteous, not even one.

That includes, Trump, his supporters and the rest.

It is my understanding that many prophetic voices (biblically false prophets IMO) within the American Church proclaimed that Trump would be President. This at a time before he became a serious player.

This false extra biblical revelation seems to have been seized upon by many Americans who profess to be Christian. Many interpreting these false prophesises as Gods True Word.

Most if not all, American mega churches teach a version of Christianity which bears no resemblance to the teaching of Jesus in the NT.

They preach a therapeutic worldly message, centred on blessing and prosperity, where the congregation wish to have their ears tickled. They latch on to any new perceived revelation.

Thanks for your observations.  :thumb:

Craig Gordons Gloves
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I was talking about this the other week to a friend who is quite a serious Christian.  His take on it is that the evengelicals and the like believe that there should be nothing higher than god and as such, find themselves supporting the view of Trump that govt shouldn't be involved in many things that God should be deciding,  Therefore, they support him and turn the blind eye to his ways in the belief that he'll get his at the pearly gates anyway. 

Cohen expected to plead guilty to campaign finance violations, tax & bank fraud.

Campaign finance violations, could that be the payments to Stormy Daniels?  Did Trump use campaign funds to pay her off? 

Perhaps going to find out soon enough.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)