Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Absoulutely spot on.

If they are found guilty you won't find anybody on here who won't condem their actions.

What constitutes controlled emotions is entirely subjective. Where football is concerned especially so.

There is no such thing as a classy group of supporters. Anywhere.

Has OT genuinely just skipped past the part where everyone was condemning this incident?

:cornette:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Has OT genuinely just skipped past the part where everyone was condemning this incident?

:cornette:

Not everyone is condemning it.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

As GT says, if proven you will not find one person on here not condemning it.

Edited by i8hibsh

I P Knightley
24 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

There's a Michael Barrymore joke in there somewhere :peepwall:

Yup!

I deleted it before submitting that post. "Better a dead leaf than..."

As I expected the moronic excusers are out in force. So the racist abuse heard by the Motherwell players and manager never happened and if it did it wasn't the two who were arrested. Utter garbage. Google Hearts name now and you'll get stories about racist reports, Tony Robinson and attacks on other managers. Is that what we want our club represented in the media. 

Close the Section N now 

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Odd. 

I’m now wondering if it’s possible that both incidents occurred. 10/20 lads singing about Kickback, while 2 of them were arrested for something else entirely. 

1 minute ago, Prof said:

As I expected the moronic excusers are out in force. So the racist abuse heard by the Motherwell players and manager never happened and if it did it wasn't the two who were arrested. Utter garbage. Google Hearts name now and you'll get stories about racist reports, Tony Robinson and attacks on other managers. Is that what we want our club represented in the media. 

Close the Section N now 

Who said it "never" happened?

Many on here are just open to the fact it may not have.

closing the section

:vrface:

The entire section would just relocate in the ground

:vrface:

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

As GT says, if proven you will not find one person on here not condemning it.

So based on the police charges, the statement issued by Ann Budge and the comments from the Motherwell manager, you won’t condemn it?

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Close the Section N now 

See if you don’t want people to realise that you’re a Hibs troll, you need to learn to be more subtle. 

I was of the thinking that if they are not found guilty then the bans should be lifted but then I remembered that John Wilson wasn't found guilty in court.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Odd. 

I’m now wondering if it’s possible that both incidents occurred. 10/20 lads singing about Kickback, while 2 of them were arrested for something else entirely. 

That’s my thinking too. The incident before the game seems pretty cut and dry as being directed at a specific player. Possibly the kickback song has been sung just before the police arrived to arrest the two fans therefore people are wrongly linking this to the racism event?

There’s no doubt something has been heard by other Motherwell players and also caught on video during the warm-up.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So based on the police charges, the statement issued by Ann Budge and the comments from the Motherwell manager, you won’t condemn it?

I condemn racism.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I was of the thinking that if they are not found guilty then the bans shold be lifted but then I remembered that John Wilson wasn't found guilty in court.

There can be plenty of reasons a conviction is unobtainable which don’t necessarily mean the person is innocent.

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Close the Section N now 

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Close the Section N now 

MV5BMTUxMTIxMzExMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIzMzAzOA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I was of the thinking that if they are not found guilty then the bans shold be lifted but then I remembered that John Wilson wasn't found guilty in court.

He was found guilty of common assault.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Condemning what?

Racism, or the fact that the two guys have been lifted and banned on what may have been a misunderstanding.

You're conflating the two issues.

Aye but that is due to Scottish law 17.1c  The Neil Lennon dispensation act of 2000

Should anyone assault yelly teeth then the court will always rule in your favour.

It is one of my personal favourites.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Prof said:

As I expected the moronic excusers are out in force. So the racist abuse heard by the Motherwell players and manager never happened and if it did it wasn't the two who were arrested. Utter garbage.

Prove it.

Close the Section N now 

Cool, all the racist bigots can come over and join me in G.

Might help with the atmosphere.

Google Hearts name now and you'll get stories about racist reports, Tony Robinson and attacks on other managers. Is that what we want our club represented in the media.

:pleasing:

Hopefully your head implodes with embarrassment and we'll all get some peace.

GorgieRules22

This week we have 10-20 people stepping out of line with racist abuse but just last week we had over 3,500 singing sectarian songs for 90 minutes. Why is one constantly swept under the carpet and the other is a complete disgrace and major news ? Surely as bad as each other ?

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

That’s my thinking too. The incident before the game seems pretty cut and dry as being directed at a specific player. Possibly the kickback song has been sung just before the police arrived to arrest the two fans therefore people are wrongly linking this to the racism event?

There’s no doubt something has been heard by other Motherwell players and also caught on video during the warm-up.

This is probably a more likely explanation. We'll find out in due course, I guess.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This week we have 10-20 people stepping out of line with racist abuse but just last week we had over 3,500 singing sectarian songs for 90 minutes. Why is one constantly swept under the carpet and the other is a complete disgrace and major news ? Surely as bad as each other ?

:rofl:

The wee scamps!

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Condemning what?

Racism, or the fact that the two guys have been lifted and banned on what may have been a misunderstanding.

You're conflating the two issues.

Condemning the racist actions of fans which led to the Motherwell players becoming furious in defence of their teammate, the angry responses by Budge and Robinson and the police charging the pair.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

Close the Section N now 

By far and away my favourite post on this thread. 

Gold. 

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Both put of order but singing sectarian songs to no-one in particular is nowhere near as bad as targeting a specific individual with racist abuse.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And remember that sectarian abuse according to Lennon is racism.

Just now, graygo said:

Right enough, it was the sectarian thing he was found not proven.

Exactly, and he pled guilty to breach.

It was so ******* stupid, it should make no difference if he said something or not. Assaulting someone is assaulting someone, your face is just as sore from a non sectarian attack.

It's ridiculous to me that the law differentiates between a punch in the face and a hate punch in the face. 

But anyway, back to the thread

GorgieRules22
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Both put of order but singing sectarian songs to no-one in particular is nowhere near as bad as targeting a specific individual with racist abuse.

Do you think ? It’s abuse no matter what way you look at it.

Why are Celtic and Rangers never major news when they sing about killing fenian and orange *******s ?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Smithee said:

Exactly, and he pled guilty to breach.

It was so ******* stupid, it should make no difference if he said something or not. Assaulting someone is assaulting someone, your face is just as sore from a non sectarian attack.

It's ridiculous to me that the law differentiates between a punch in the face and a hate punch in the face. 

But anyway, back to the thread

He didn't even manage to get a decent dig in at him iirc.

Wasted opportunity.

:(

Bridge of Djoum
50 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Why don't we shut down Kickback because of idiocy 

Dangerous to allow that many of us out to roam around our communities unsupervised.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He didn't even manage to get a decent dig in at him iirc.

Wasted opportunity.

:(

Off topic but can you be guilty of assault when you swing and fall on your arse without landing a blow?

I know he never got done with assault but just wondering. (for a friend of course)

number witheld
39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry if this has been asked previously -

who took the video??

yes this is a good point. if they could give it back and allow us all to view it that would be appreciated.

Bridge of Djoum
31 minutes ago, Prof said:

Close the Section N now 

WTF has Baldrick got to do with this?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dangerous to allow that many of us out to roam around our communities unsupervised.

:spoton:

Kickback is providing an important public service.

Bridge of Djoum
27 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

There can be plenty of reasons a conviction is unobtainable which don’t necessarily mean the person is innocent.

Image result for oj simpson gif

Bazzas right boot

A small section of the fans are embarrassing the club with their behaviour. 

Taking an absolute battering from all corners and there is no defending it. 

****ing Cretins. 

There could be some long term damage over things like this. 

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A ten year olds response.

Beats yours by 5 years.

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you think ? It’s abuse no matter what way you look at it.

Why are Celtic and Rangers never major news when they sing about killing fenian and orange *******s ?

Yep, both abuse but targetting an individual directly because of the colour of his skin and shouting things at him is much worse than general songs about nobody in particular.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:spoton:

Kickback is providing an important public service.

Shocking that we are sung about in derogatory tones.:whistling:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yep, both abuse but targetting an individual directly because of the colour of his skin and shouting things at him is much worse than general songs about nobody in particular.

Unless you're Bobby Sands.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Shocking that we are sung about in derogatory tones.:whistling:

It did make me chortle, I must admit.

'Tis pantomime season after all. :)

• cosanostra locked this topic