Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you think ? It’s abuse no matter what way you look at it.

Why are Celtic and Rangers never major news when they sing about killing fenian and orange *******s ?

We shouldn't waste a second thinking about other clubs supporters, that is their problem. 

We should concentrate on getting rid of any vermin within our support.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It did make me chortle, I must admit.

'Tis pantomime season after all. :)

''wur goan doon but Stotty''...

Image result for grant stott panto

I've been attending games of football for over 40 years and never once in that time have I been accused of being a racist or a bigot; it's kind of how normal, well-adjusted people behave. It's also pretty straightforward and simple to do. 

The Real Maroonblood
53 minutes ago, Prof said:

As I expected the moronic excusers are out in force. So the racist abuse heard by the Motherwell players and manager never happened and if it did it wasn't the two who were arrested. Utter garbage. Google Hearts name now and you'll get stories about racist reports, Tony Robinson and attacks on other managers. Is that what we want our club represented in the media. 

Close the Section N now 

Baldrick is now involved. 

Dearie me.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dearie me.

At least he'll have a cunning plan to help us out.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dearie me.

Must be the Black in blackadder.  Clearly racist undertones.  Then you have Time team which suggests age so chuck ageist in too.  He was also in Maid Marion and her Merry Men which is clearly a sexist act by the patriarchy as it mentions 'men'.

Defo section N credentials.

11 minutes ago, pcw1874 said:

I've been attending games of football for over 40 years and never once in that time have I been accused of being a racist or a bigot; it's kind of how normal, well-adjusted people behave. It's also pretty straightforward and simple to do. 

Me neither and I've been attending for over 50 years so there.

43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Off topic but can you be guilty of assault when you swing and fall on your arse without landing a blow?

I know he never got done with assault but just wondering. (for a friend of course)

He was maybe charged BECAUSE he missed.:(

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

sorry,I'm not a "traditional" fan- though by that you mean loyalist or racist.

I do however believe in justice and fairness, and despite sec N being, admittedly, full of morons, I personally will wait for EVIDENCE before throwing anyone under a bus. I would wish that for me, and I would extend the same courtesy to anyone.

And yet you stated that Robinson was full of crap; so not exactly waiting for evidence are you

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Prove it.

Cool, all the racist bigots can come over and join me in G.

Might help with the atmosphere.

:pleasing:

Hopefully your head implodes with embarrassment and we'll all get some peace.

:greatpost:

Condemning what?

Racism, or the fact that the two guys have been lifted and banned on what may have been a misunderstanding.

You're conflating the two issues.

Who is pushing the misunderstanding theory ?

Hearts are only following guidelines laid down by the Police for when someone is arrested.

If the alleged wrongdoers were not banned from future matches what is to stop them intimidating possible

witnesses ?

When a court case is proceeding accused and witnesses are ordered to avoid each other if possible and certainly not talk about the case.

Even if these people are found innocent of those particular racist offences they are still likely to be banned for breaking stadium rules regarding more low level offensive behaviour . 

45 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

At least he'll have a cunning plan to help us out.

Loves a neep and we’ve a fair few just now it appears so was only a matter of time til he appeared.... 

Dagger Is Back
7 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Charges have already been brought against the individuals and they have been reported to the Procurator Fiscal. It’s likely further charges will follow against a few more fans.

A fair few people assuming this is all a misunderstanding of the JKB song. Pretty sure “stand up if you hate Kickback” doesn’t involve pointing aggressively at the nearest black person :whistling:

That’s the thing about social media and forums isn’t it? One says X, one says Y. Worse than the transfer window shenanigans. ?

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

The incident happened before the match and the arrests were also made pre-match which is why most people won’t have seen or heard anything. 

Arrests made pre match 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

The incident relating to the arrests definitely happened before the match and police and stewards were also involved at that point, as were several Motherwell players. I assumed the arrests were also made at that point but it isn’t clear from what I’ve read.

Assumed that arrests made pre match? Think you need to be absolutely certain of your facts before you post. You can’t state things with certainty and then an hour later say those facts were based on an assumption.

Cool, all the racist bigots can come over and join me in G.

Might help with the atmosphere.

G is just for wannabe N’rs!!!! ?

13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That’s the thing about social media and forums isn’t it? One says X, one says Y. Worse than the transfer window shenanigans. ?

Arrests made pre match 

Assumed that arrests made pre match? Think you need to be absolutely certain of your facts before you post. You can’t state things with certainty and then an hour later say those facts were based on an assumption.

The incident in question took place before the match and there was a confrontation involving Motherwell players, Hearts fans, stewards and police. I know this from someone sitting nearby and also from a more formal source.

Police have confirmed two Hearts fans were then arrested. I’d say most people would assume that the arrests happened at the time. Given I sit in T I didn’t see the arrests which happened during the second half but wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised to hear arrests were made before, during and after the game ??

Edited by To Be Frank

14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Arrests made pre match 

I know that Franks info wasn’t guesswork. So the only thing assumed was arrests were made at the same time which is an easy mistake to make.

Edited by sadj

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The incident in question took place before the match and there was a confrontation involving Motherwell players, Hearts fans, stewards and police. I know this from someone sitting nearby and also from a more formal source.

Police have confirmed two Hearts fans were then arrested. I’d say most people would assume that the arrests happened at the time. Given I sit in T I didn’t see the arrests which happened during the second half but wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised to hear arrests were made before, during and after the game ??

Thanks for confirming the arrests were made during the second half. Hope that it’s all a horrible misunderstanding. Time will tell for sure

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

I know that Franks info wasn’t guesswork. So the only thing assumed was arrests were made at the same time which is an easy mistake to make.

?

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks for confirming the arrests were made during the second half. Hope that it’s all a horrible misunderstanding. Time will tell for sure

?

I can’t confirm the arrests relating to the pre-match incident were made during the match. Another poster said two people were arrested around the 60 min mark.

I can confirm 100% that a racist incident happened before the match started.

haveyouheard 22

Just catching up on this thread

The ''I was born'' song .... was sung in the early 70's as far as I can  remember 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

The ''I was born'' song .... was sung in the early 70's as far as I can  remember 

It was sung to the tune of “l was born under a wondering star.” Lee Marvin.

All roads lead to Gorgie
47 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I was just a bairn back in the 70s and it was towards the end of the decade I started to go to games but I can't remember the song until the 80s. I will be accused of the Maroon tinted specs but before that it seemed like it depended what side of the city you came from and the rivalry was mostly who could gather the biggest, toughest mob. 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Police confirm 2 arrests. Yet you wouldn't be surprised to hear arrests before, during and after the game? That is at least 1 more arrest than the police confirmed...

haveyouheard 22
11 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was just a bairn back in the 70s and it was towards the end of the decade I started to go to games but I can't remember the song until the 80s. I will be accused of the Maroon tinted specs but before that it seemed like it depended what side of the city you came from and the rivalry was mostly who could gather the biggest, toughest mob. 

I'm sure Rangers pinched the song and obviously changed the words

It was just a song to me back then , bit like build a bonfire, never gave them a 2nd though at the time, well I was quite young 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Who is pushing the misunderstanding theory ?

Some chaps on facebook and another few folk further up this thread.

It's likely a load of shite but that's not the point. It'd be just lovely if it were true. Just lovely.

11 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

Police confirm 2 arrests. Yet you wouldn't be surprised to hear arrests before, during and after the game? That is at least 1 more arrest than the police confirmed...

Police confirmed 2 arrests in connection with the alleged incident (which took place before the game from eyewitnesses , what the full nature of those arrests and incident entail still to be confirmed but for now its an indefinite ban for the two pending legal proceedings) im sure there possibly were other arrests during and after the game , there usually is , but not very often are they disclosed. 

Rather than trying to argue the man take the points and discuss/debate them , no? 

Edited by sadj

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

If you know our history we were the first Scottish team to have a coloured professional player. 

What color was he?

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I'm sure Rangers pinched the song and obviously changed the words

It was just a song to me back then , bit like build a bonfire, never gave them a 2nd though at the time, well I was quite young 

I can't remember the non sectarian version and the only songs I recall from the 70s were Hey Jude, the Busby song, When the Hearts go marching in and We Are the Champions, in the second devision alas! 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Some chaps on facebook and another few folk further up this thread.

It's likely a load of shite but that's not the point. It'd be just lovely if it were true. Just lovely.

Assuming it was a misunderstanding which if the before the match chat is true is unlikely. Is that then papering over the cracks of an issue we have? 

I think its interesting the wording used by Hearts and Police up here and Chelsea and police down there.

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Assuming it was a misunderstanding which if the before the match chat is true is unlikely. Is that then papering over the cracks of an issue we have? 

I think its interesting the wording used by Hearts and Police up here and Chelsea and police down there.

Correct

Surely there must have been some in Sec N that  heard the alleged song being sung

Apologies if this has been covered not read all the thread at the moment 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, sadj said:

Aye, if was the before match incident then there's probably not much truth in the rumours of a misunderstanding, but I'm still not sure we're Mosely's Blackshirt F.C.

Hopefully the truth will come out in due course and we can all move on. Except for Kickback of course, which will continue to self flagellate over the actions of a couple of arseholes.

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye, if was the before match incident then there's probably not much truth in the rumours of a misunderstanding, but I'm still not sure we're Mosely's Blackshirt F.C.

Hopefully the truth will come out in due course and we can all move on. Except for Kickback of course, which will continue to self flagellate over the actions of a couple of arseholes.

Dunno. I’m giving serious consideration to adopting the technique I’ve started to embrace for BREXIT. With BREXIT I decided to no longer let people’s stupidity annoy me, and just accept that it is going to happen. It really helps. Now instead of feeling frustration at the rank stupidity of the voting public, I get to enjoy watching them squirm and twist, as they attempt to convince themselves and everybody else that they still believe it was a good idea. :lol:

It’s far more enjoyable and entertaining this way. Might work with the right wing morons in our support too. Just laughing and ridiculing them instead of debating with them? Probably just end up getting suspended from here instead though... which isn’t necessarily a bad thing though, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Dunno. I’m giving serious consideration to adopting the technique I’ve started to embrace for BREXIT. With BREXIT I decided to no longer let people’s stupidity annoy me, and just accept that it is going to happen. It really helps. Now instead of feeling frustration at the rank stupidity of the voting public, I get to enjoy watching them squirm and twist, as they attempt to convince themselves and everybody else that they still believe it was a good idea. :lol:

It’s far more enjoyable and entertaining this way. Might work with the right wing morons in our support too. Just laughing and ridiculing them instead of debating with them? Probably just end up getting suspended from here instead though... which isn’t necessarily a bad thing though, I suppose.

Yup. 17.5 million stupid ***** in the UK right enough.  The arrogance from remainers is staggering.   Is there a human alive who sees things differently to you that is not stupid?  Sheer bigotry.

Edited by i8hibsh

51 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

If you know our history we were the first Scottish team to have a coloured professional player. 

Coloured like Joseph's technicolored dreamcoat? 

40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Police confirmed 2 arrests in connection with the alleged incident (which took place before the game from eyewitnesses , what the full nature of those arrests and incident entail still to be confirmed but for now its an indefinite ban for the two pending legal proceedings) im sure there possibly were other arrests during and after the game , there usually is , but not very often are they disclosed. 

Rather than trying to argue the man take the points and discuss/debate them , no? 

Well i'm in lower N and these guys got arrested as they left after half 4. I saw it happen and the steward explained to people around us why they were arrested. Now 2 arrests at the time for racism as per the steward and what I witnessed, plus the police saying 2 arrests says to me there was 2 arrests before the final whistle. Where are the arrests beforehand and why have the police not mentioned this?

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup. 17.5 million stupid ***** in the UK right enough.  The arrogance from remainers is staggering.   Is there a human alive who sees things differently to you that is not stupid?  Sheer bigotry.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

Well i'm in lower N and these guys got arrested as they left after half 4. I saw it happen and the steward explained to people around us why they were arrested. Now 2 arrests at the time for racism as per the steward and what I witnessed, plus the police saying 2 arrests says to me there was 2 arrests before the final whistle. Where are the arrests beforehand and why have the police not mentioned this?

Could it be incident occurred pre game. There were CCTV enquires during and 2 lifts before game finished?

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Could it be incident occurred pre game. There were CCTV enquires during and 2 lifts before game finished?

CCTVs will not have the audio.

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

For someone who proudly uses the phrase ‘snowflake’, you were hella triggered there mate. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Possible. But doubt there will be audio.

These guys arrived after me and I never seen or heard anything racist. 

Did this happen in the stand?

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

:vrface:

Interesting reading....

Just a shame that the High & Mighty (Hearts Elite) sit everywhere other than the knuckle dragging scum of N !

Comments from the Gold Card Club Of Hearts Elite are disgustingly cringeworthy! 

Those who site in N pay like everyone else have jobs like everyone else paid into the Club to save it like everyone else yet (2 Persons Unidentified) reflects that everyone in N is scum....think you need a reality check everyone at Tynecastle is their to see 11 players play football for 90min and sometimes that’s a disaster!

Mountain Mole Hill let’s concentrate on the football and how well our team are playing or not if we had 21 pages of how good or bad we played would be more realistic and relevant than grown adults debating over trivial matters and point scoring with each other! 

Simmer down and loose the Elitist Gold Card Attitude we are Heart of Midlothian Supporters a working mans club with working mans supporters 

regardless of religion ion creed or colour we welcome them all 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For someone who proudly uses the phrase ‘snowflake’, you were hella triggered there mate. 

I need a safe space from Glib's fishing

:sob:

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What kept you ? ?

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It's defo the way to go. Lowers the blood pressure and gives you the odd chortle to boot.

I don't reckon you'll get suspended from here either as I doubt there's any REAL right wing morons to deal with. Plenty pseudo right wing internet mouthjobs though, but then they're not really the same thing. Instead of engaging in a reasoned debate just laugh it up. Safe in the knowledge that they're doing most of the spade work for you ☺

Edited by Governor Tarkin

• cosanostra locked this topic